Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

274.000 views on yt. Did not expect such numbers. Really low...

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

24 hours later the lyric video has now 384.000 views on youtube even though there is zero promo.

 

The live performance of FOMO will soon surpass the 1.600.000 views… Not bad for a song that wasn't even sent to radio, that has no real music video and that is not even promoted.

 

If Celine would have premiered FOMO by performing it at the Billboard Music Awards back in May, I'm sure these numbers of views would be way higher than that.

Edited by GoldenLeaf
  • Like 4
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted (edited)

In all honesty, I only hope for meaningful music and for Celine to be Celine. I’m 24, and not a fan of the majority of current artists which are the ones who dominate radios and charts. Personally, im not as concerned if Celine has a hit or not, she’s in her own league.

 

Thank you.

I am equally confused by this preoccupation with radio play / charts / streaming figures / etc.. Perhaps because most artists I love don't feature on any of these things and I couldn't care less because they make great music. So when I see stans starting #PlayFOMOonRadio social media campaigns or post "here's how to game the streaming system" instructions, I am very perplexed and find it bizarre. Why??

Edited by scielle
Posted (edited)

In all honesty, I only hope for meaningful music and for Celine to be Celine. I’m 24, and not a fan of the majority of current artists which are the ones who dominate radios and charts. Personally, im not as concerned if Celine has a hit or not, she’s in her own league.

 

I agree and relate.

I've never been a fan of any musician or singer. I normally just like songs (most of which aren't mainstream hits), rarely followed artists. The only ones I've ever been able to say I am a fan of was Adele, Sia, and Skillet (one of these is not like the other lol) because I like almost all the songs they release. But it was until Celine that I became a true fan of a musician and that happened because Celine has such a diverse repertoire. Like, I had never listened to a reggae song until I started following her :)

Edited by maki_Dion-er
Posted
they should have hurried up and release Ashes as the first single, and then the entire new album after to use the momentum Deadpool and Ryan Raynolds started. Too bad they waited for one more year and wasted the opportunity... again...
I don't think the album was ready to be released a year ago. If that were the case rushing to get it to market would have been the wrong thing to do as I would rather have a quality album then something rushed to get on the bandwagon.

 

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 3
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted

I don't think the album was ready to be released a year ago. If that were the case rushing to get it to market would have been the wrong thing to do as I would rather have a quality album then something rushed to get on the bandwagon.

 

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

 

 

You’re right.

LMBTL was rushed and everyone could tell. And the song LMBTL on that album was clearly a last minute addition it was obvious because it isn’t like anything else on the album.

  • Like 2
Posted
Who is the music producer Ugly Babies? There's nothing about him/her on the world wide web...
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
Who is the music producer Ugly Babies? There's nothing about him/her on the world wide web...

 

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/rhys-mn0003593360/biography

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

It still surprises me that people get so shocked because Celine's singles don't do well. Veteran artists don't have hit singles anymore in the streaming era, is it so hard to understand? Madonna performed Future in the most watched tv show (Eurovision) and the audio has 1.8M views after 1 and half month. Look at the streaming numbers of latest singles by Mariah, Christina, Madonna... Celine will promote the first actual single closer to the album release to help sell the album, but don't expect hit singles, is not going to happen no matter how good the song is or how hard Sony tries.

 

Interesting point :hmm:

  • Like 2

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted (edited)

madonna, mariah carey, shania twain, cher, janet jackson, jennifer lopez, etc...

 

ALL of those artists (who are ALL 50 years old & OLDER,) get to still have THEIR new music played on TOP 40 radio

 

I have not once heard any of their new songs on the radio. I heard Mariah at a Subway once last year but these stores have their own "station" where they chose what to play I believe.

Not even Beyonce's new music gets played much.

 

You also have to consider that there's been a horrible bias against Celine's music for so long. It's less now but still there.

Edited by maki_Dion-er
Posted

 

 

yea i do understand some of where you coming from, about the "ageism" & stuff... BUT how come the "ageism" DOES NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN ARTISTS, such as:

 

madonna, mariah carey, shania twain, cher, janet jackson, jennifer lopez, etc...

 

ALL of those artists (who are ALL 50 years old & OLDER,) get to still have THEIR new music played on TOP 40 radio while our poor sweet celine GETS THE SHAFT!! & i think celine is still an EVEN BETTER SINGER than all of them!! (& NO i am NOT SAYING THIS cause i am on a celine dion forum lol, i really truly do mean all that with my heart!!)

 

for example, the most recently released singles from all of those artists have had RADIO PLAY here in the US... in fact right now madonnas CURRENT SINGLE has been heard on the radio, & i am NOT the only person on here who has mentioned that already!!

 

& right niw celine HAS A FUN, UPBEAT EDM SONG to be played on radio, but stupid SONY will not send it to radio... the SAME MISTAKE they did to LMBTL!! & we all know how hard that album FLOPPED here in the US cause of that mistake of not even giving that song ONE CHANCE to succeed!!

 

im sorry for the long rant, but i think that if MADONNA, MARIAH, SHANIA, CHER, JANET, JENNIFER L, etc... can all get radio play in their 50s, SO CAN CELINE!! cayse seriously, WHAT do they all got that celine DOESNT?? besides LACKING THE GOLDEN VOICE that celine has & THEY ALL DONT!! sorry but ITS THE COLD TRUTH!! 👊👊😋😋😎😎

 

You’re completely right, that ONE time Celine releases something radiophonic, Sony pays her dust

  • Like 1
Posted

 

You’re completely right, that ONE time Celine releases something radiophonic, Sony pays her dust

I do feel it is not only Sony but Celine herself as well. Maybe she does not want more promotion, maybe she does not want to promote fomo now..

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

 

 

You’re completely right, that ONE time Celine releases something radiophonic, Sony pays her dust

 

Don’t you mean Sony pays her ashes?

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

the live version is doing much better ( views). it is obvious confusing having the live version first instead of the studioversion. It should have been the other way! Plus the studioversion , it misses a great video! After Vegas they should have launched a proper video with the studioversion.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  • Like 5
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

well according to mariahs wikipedia account, "birthdate: MARCH 27, 1969"... hmmm that is 50 YEARS OLD to me!!!!!! only ONE YEAR YOUNGER than celine is!!

 

& plus 49 & 50 is ONE FRICKIN YEAR APART!! mariah is still NOT A SPRING CHICKEN!!

 

WOWWW it is VERY SAD when even CELINE FANS also think mariah is "20 years YOUNGER" than celine is, when she is NOT!! (i know alot of mariah fans think mariah is still 20-something when she has NOT BEEN FOR DECADES!!)

 

just cause mariah got her face BOTOXED TO EXTREME & she likes to dress in WAY TOO TIGHT clothes alot DOES NOT MEAN mariah is a 20-something years old... & just celine did NOT botox her face up & DOES NOT wear tight & slutty clothes like mariah, madonna, jennifer lopez, etc DOES NOT MAKE CELINE 100 YEARS OLD for gods sake!! cause some of you act like celine is A SENIOR CITIZEN WHEN SHE IS NOT!! heck celine has ANOTHER 9 YEARS BEFORE she hits "senior citizen" status!! geez guys, celine is NOT THAT OLD!!

 

Could you please stop this annoying slut-shaming? Thank you.

  • Like 2
Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted

plus - where are moderators here when someone constantly keeps using caps even when we politely ask to stop doing so!

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  • Like 2
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
Everytime i see capital letters that person sounds angry. Maybe she needs anger management?
  • Like 1
Posted
I love this new song so much actually, I jog with it, I drink with it. And there was this girl with her caps lock a few posts higher and I've been thinking... Shaming Mariah for looking younger than she actually is no better than shaming Celine for being skinny, sagged, etc etc etc. It's like the same thing, right? :innocent: :hmm:
Love comes to those who believe it...
Posted

Wow, where did you find this?

 

In a Celine Dion Fan Page on Facebook

  • Like 1
Posted

Totally fake.

 

SINGLE

66118928_1321625174659694_1385645162239098880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQk8m1Mbevmy_Jlek1e-rlMoKcRXWVFH12FdMYCQwt_Mxo4cDvwNiywsg-8sNvjLNuM&_nc_ht=scontent.fxap4-1.fna&oh=fa4bef410cfc2837a6dc62ad8a09b1e6&oe=5DC483CD

66092661_1321625184659693_3904456822064414720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQm9LUwRc0YOWo3JH7fDJPy2nG56utakId-PFPoxdX5P22QZOmKjJz8kVTirQGPtLqM&_nc_ht=scontent.fxap4-1.fna&oh=3127c43d0a99aecc3ead839f08c692e2&oe=5D82091D

65792576_1321625221326356_4866712569349406720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQk8hw1x4B2vyvbcARQMtRfG1GSnOyPmRFJR_7rJXDOkynzJIuff6Ue6E6I74IkqHuk&_nc_ht=scontent.fxap4-1.fna&oh=bd9c2be3f43d5c1cc6d519285971fe28&oe=5D81E2D8

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Totally fake.

 

Definitely. All the credits go to her Vegas musicians.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Definitely. All the credits go to her Vegas musicians.

good point...
Posted

SINGLE

66118928_1321625174659694_1385645162239098880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQk8m1Mbevmy_Jlek1e-rlMoKcRXWVFH12FdMYCQwt_Mxo4cDvwNiywsg-8sNvjLNuM&_nc_ht=scontent.fxap4-1.fna&oh=fa4bef410cfc2837a6dc62ad8a09b1e6&oe=5DC483CD

66092661_1321625184659693_3904456822064414720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQm9LUwRc0YOWo3JH7fDJPy2nG56utakId-PFPoxdX5P22QZOmKjJz8kVTirQGPtLqM&_nc_ht=scontent.fxap4-1.fna&oh=3127c43d0a99aecc3ead839f08c692e2&oe=5D82091D

65792576_1321625221326356_4866712569349406720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQk8hw1x4B2vyvbcARQMtRfG1GSnOyPmRFJR_7rJXDOkynzJIuff6Ue6E6I74IkqHuk&_nc_ht=scontent.fxap4-1.fna&oh=bd9c2be3f43d5c1cc6d519285971fe28&oe=5D81E2D8

 

Written promotional only. Maybe promo single sent to press?

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...