Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Sony also got burned hard with LMBTL. They sent it to radios and the radios sent it back refusing to play it. I can see why Sony would give up on that front. Sales still go well enough. They’re probably more interested in selling albums than having a hit single. That’s why Celine has a month long break around November. They’ll want her to do promo to sell the album. Even though she’ll have yet another new song by then, I’m sure, it won’t be about making the song a hit but rather using the song to sell the album.

 

  • Like 4
Posted
But Sony still has to keep trying. People are interested in Celine again so I'm sure some radio stations are also interested more than during the last album. Never give up! Celine should teach some lessons to Sony! :D
  • Like 5
Posted

HA! Sony doesn’t have to do anything. As a business, I’m sure they’re only concerned with making more money than they spend. They know they’d have to make a payola deal to get radios to play Celine so they’re not going to bother. They know she’ll sell better than many other artists on their roster just off of her name. After all, the live version of Flying on My Own did decently on sales. And now they’ve released the studio track of the same song and it’s doing more sales. Then the album will come out and we’ll all have to buy it again!

 

Unlike when I bought Kelly Clarkson’s last album. She released a single and they had the entire album on iTunes with only that single track available for purchase. Once the album was released, all I had to do was click “complete my purchase” to get the rest of the album. But Flying on My Own is listed as its own album that we’ve all bought.

Posted
#51 on US iTunes and in dark green again!
  • Like 4
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted

And it also depends on the song.

Back with LMBTL she wasn't as hot as she is now. And the song for me wasn't that good either.

 

This is the perfect timing to sail on the winds of change...

 

But Sony still has to keep trying. People are interested in Celine again so I'm sure some radio stations are also interested more than during the last album. Never give up! Celine should teach some lessons to Sony! :D

  • Like 4
Posted
If as much effort went into the promotion as choosing the hideous outfits in sure she’d have a hit. Pepe is a terrible influence. Concentrate on the music opposed to silly outfits
  • Like 2
Posted
If as much effort went into the promotion as choosing the hideous outfits in sure she’d have a hit. Pepe is a terrible influence. Concentrate on the music opposed to silly outfits
  • Like 1
Posted

If as much effort went into the promotion as choosing the hideous outfits in sure she'd have a hit. Pepe is a terrible influence. Concentrate on the music opposed to silly outfits

 

It's what she wants to do. I'm pretty sure that if she wasn't doing this fashion thing, we wouldn't have heard a thing from her (she would be in her PJ's playing with the twins).

At least she's doing what she loves ánd getting exposure for it.

  • Like 3

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

If as much effort went into the promotion as choosing the hideous outfits in sure she’d have a hit. Pepe is a terrible influence. Concentrate on the music opposed to silly outfits

Maybe the reason Sony did not send FOMO to radios is because Celine wasn’t interested in promoting it and performing it on tv shows and such ?

normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
Or simply that it is a gift and Sony, nor Celine, want to promote it
Posted
I can’t quit listening to it. It’s just so perfect. Vocals, music, everything. Thank you Céline :wub2:
  • Like 2

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted
This song is so perfect! I love FOMO with all my love! I was waiting for many years a song like this.
  • Like 4
Posted

This song is so perfect! I love FOMO with all my love! I was waiting for many years a song like this.

Same here. IMO, FOMO is better and more catchier than anything on the Taking Chances and Loved Me Back To Life albums.

  • Like 3
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted (edited)

Or maybe because the song is bad. :sofunny: :giggle:

That’s probably why the majority of the fans love it and the majority of the reviews (the ones we got so far) praised it. :whistling:

Edited by GoldenLeaf
  • Like 3
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

 

Maybe the reason Sony did not send FOMO to radios is because Celine wasn’t interested in promoting it and performing it on tv shows and such ?

 

Many people always say that Celine needs a ‘Believe’ (Cher) moment - that Celine can have another #1 at her age. What many people don’t know is that Cher spent many weeks/months promoting it across the US. It’s 5 month ascent to #1 is mainly due to Cher promoting it like crazy.

 

We all know Celine doesn’t like promoting her music for an extended period of time. She just does a couple of shows and print. But it’s her choice. And it makes her happy so who are we to complain?

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I get wanting Celine to have another huge success but why does it HAVE to be Flying on My Own?

 

It's a good song but it's not the greatest song to have ever existed. If Celine and team/Sony felt they could "dispose" of this song so far away from the release of the album then they must have much bigger songs that are more worthy of promotion. This is the song chosen as a send off from Vegas and I don't think it was planned for more. Just enjoy it.

 

I might be wrong but I believe releasing the song also gives them an idea of how many people are keeping tab on her new music vs how much promotion she'll need. This is gonna get non-hardcore fans aware of her upcoming album. Maybe (if we're lucky) we'll get one more song during summer.

Edited by maki_Dion-er
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Of what I know Cher did no promo in Sweden yet Believe was massive on the radios. Radio played and people craved for it. When it comes to Céline singles no one can crave it since no one knows it's out. I Think many people I know think she's been silent since IDAN.

 

BTW she's been on Spotify Sweden's list for New Music Friday for some days now. To me it feels awsome. Haven't ever seen her on a current Spotify list, what I can recall.

 

Many people always say that Celine needs a 'Believe' (Cher) moment - that Celine can have another #1 at her age. What many people don't know is that Cher spent many weeks/months promoting it across the US. It's 5 month ascent to #1 is mainly due to Cher promoting it like crazy.

 

We all know Celine doesn't like promoting her music for an extended period of time. She just does a couple of shows and print. But it's her choice. And it makes her happy so who are we to complain?

Edited by fred
  • Like 3
Peace and love to all.
Posted

I Think many people I know think she's been silent since IDAN.

 

Hasn't she? :shocked: :shocked:

  • Like 2

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

That's probably why the majority of the fans love it and the majority of the reviews (the ones we got so far) praised it. :whistling:

 

LOL

 

I didn't know a song was good only if fans loved it.

 

But in all fairness, she doesn't have a lot of fans then because again numbers are very bad! :)

 

Whether it's streams or itunes or views on YT , it's a disaster. Nobody cares beside 10 fans on this forum -)

 

Even Sony is trying to minimize the flop by saying "it's a gift to the fans".... just like other pop singers say it was a "buzz single" to justify a flop.

 

Sony is not gonna fool anybody by saying it's not sent to radios or there won't be any music video ... they are telling us that what's they do when it's an official single maybe? haha... what a joke!

  • Like 1
Posted

274.000 views on yt. Did not expect such numbers. Really low...

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

 

 

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
To me it's troubling that her instagram posts about the studio version gets far less likes than her posts about Paris fashion week…… :( Could it be that they watched the "live" version and decided they didn't like it?
  • Like 1
Peace and love to all.
Posted
Its very catchy , like ive only listened a hand full of times ( I don't wanna over do it ) and it is stuck in my head- the chorus, if people heard it , its very catchy !!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dk08jn.gif

RIP Rene Angelil xx

 

Sending Love and Prayers to Celine

Posted (edited)

Its very catchy , like ive only listened a hand full of times ( I don't wanna over do it ) and it is stuck in my head- the chorus, if people heard it , its very catchy !!

 

I don't find it catchy at all... I find it entirely generic and forgettable. And therein lies its problem.

 

 

Edited by scielle
  • Like 2
Posted

The reality is, with these numbers, if Celine were a new artist she’d be in danger of being dropped by the record label.

 

Why has her music buying (and listening) audience deserted her? How can she sell 900,000+ tickets for a tour named after an unreleased album but those same fans aren’t listening to any new music she releases?

 

If people don’t like what they hear that’s fair enough but people aren’t even listening to her new material to see if they like it!

 

Very very strange I have to say.

  • Like 6

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)
Delete. Edited by Holborn
Posted (edited)

The reality is, with these numbers, if Celine were a new artist shed be in danger of being dropped by the record label.

 

Why has her music buying (and listening) audience deserted her? How can she sell 900,000+ tickets for a tour named after an unreleased album but those same fans arent listening to any new music she releases?

 

If people dont like what they hear thats fair enough but people arent even listening to her new material to see if they like it!

 

Very very strange I have to say.

The answer is quite simple. Her audience is not a streaming audience. No record label would drop any artist that can still sell that many albums with a very small promo budget. Sony still makes money. Actually maybe even more money than the acts that get millions of streams in a few days... Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...