Jump to content

"Flying On My Own" - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Spotify weekly update:

 

Week 1 10.06 - 13.06 : 788 equivalent sales / 118.220 streams

Week 2 14.06 - 20.06 : 1.076 equivalent sales / 161.325 streams (1st full week --> +36,46%)

Week 3 21.06 - 27.06 : 738 equivalent sales / 110.772 streams (-31,34%)

 

TOTAL: 2.602 equivalent sales / 390.317 streams

  • Like 2
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted
The performance is so poor, people think it comes from Greece (I am allowed to make such jokes).
Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
Posted (edited)

Well it's not being sent to radio, not even in Quebec - more a "gift for the fans":

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Another stupid move from Sony!! When they finally have a radio-friendly single, they don't send it to radios. And I guess they will send a ballad to radios in November when radios only play Xmas music. What's wrong with them? Give it a try a least!! :rolleyes: Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 7
Posted

WHAT is wrong with them?!?

 

Does it take a lot of effort to send a song to the radio?! Or money? What is it?!

 

Let me guess, the 2nd single or the first just the way you want to see it.

Is a Sia ballad semi uptempo somewhere in between that is so so.

 

This song screams summer, why not sent it to radio?! Easier promo than this doesn't happen.

 

Well it's not being sent to radio, not even in Quebec - more a "gift for the fans":

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

  • Like 3
Posted

WHAT is wrong with them?!?

 

Does it take a lot of effort to send a song to the radio?! Or money? What is it?!

 

Let me guess, the 2nd single or the first just the way you want to see it.

Is a Sia ballad semi uptempo somewhere in between that is so so.

 

This song screams summer, why not sent it to radio?! Easier promo than this doesn't happen.

 

A full radio deal is rather expensive and i guess sony doesnt think Celines worth it

Posted
And on YouTube, why is there (at least) 3 official audios for the remix? Another Sony strategy? :giggle:
  • Like 1
Posted

59 on iTunes US! Wow! Quite a jumper!

 

#58 now ^_^

 

Hopefully it will do some good numbers on Spotify (we'll see tomorrow). I'd love another little hit for Céline like Ashes to launch the new album :)

  • Like 3
62008933_3302094023149751_3467110073363333120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru2-1.fna&oh=4f58e00ddc52743e263578419950824a&oe=5D5255DE
Posted

WHAT is wrong with them?!?

 

Does it take a lot of effort to send a song to the radio?! Or money? What is it?!

 

Let me guess, the 2nd single or the first just the way you want to see it.

Is a Sia ballad semi uptempo somewhere in between that is so so.

 

This song screams summer, why not sent it to radio?! Easier promo than this doesn't happen.

They will definitely use that ballad from Sia as a lead single... meh

  • Like 2
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif

Posted

They are sooo oldskool with their strategy and way of thinking.

 

Oh let's have Sia because she is 'hot' let the first single be a song from her, that will sell anyway.

 

Well, time will tell what they plan to release. I didn't like the Carpool song.

 

Still makes me think that it was the plan to release that song earlier, but since we soo much asked for FOMO they decided to release that as a gift.

 

 

They will definitely use that ballad from Sia as a lead single... meh

  • Like 2
Posted

The fans can only do so much.

 

If the record company won’t do something, anything, it’s a losing battle.

  • Like 5

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted (edited)

She has another EDM song from Guetta/Sia (presumably), maybe that one will be released later this summer and will be promoted more or sent to radios. Although, I doubt radios will play anything from Celine unless it goes viral and becomes a huge streaming hit. I wish FOMO had more promo because it is very good and deserves "potential hit" treatment but who knows, maybe the other songs are even better.

 

I'm happy with what we got because for being just a promotional single they've given us a live video performance, a great lyric video, and a very nice remix.

 

I hope the official first single and what follows gets even more, and better promotion.

 

And isn't she supposedly going to performe more than one new song during BST?

Edited by maki_Dion-er
  • Like 5
Posted (edited)

 

 

Coz we heard it from an official source.

what is the source? Can you provide a link or a quote? Edited by ryba
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

It's somewhere later in the topic.

Quotes and links enough

 

what is the source? Can you provide a link or a quote?

Posted

Another stupid move from Sony!! When they finally have a radio-friendly single, they don't send it to radios. And I guess they will send a ballad to radios in November when radios only play Xmas music. What's wrong with them? Give it a try a least!! :rolleyes:

YESS!!!! That makes me really angry. Why do they want her to be the dramatic ballad singer at all cost? WTF she has a wide range of styles that she perfectly fits into!
  • Like 1
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted
Picture the scene guys: Im on a boat going very slowly across the Irish Sea. I am moving home to Northern Ireland after being on mainland UK for 18 years. The internet was rubbish so I couldnt download at midnight. So Ive got up this morning, the sun is just rising, I can see Northern Ireland coming towards me and I download the song. Its a beautiful day. Sailing on the winds of change. Epic. I love both new versions.
What a moment that must have been for you. Flying on your own towards home. Must have been an amazing feeling and perfect song.

 

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

 

 

Instagram: @delphis78
Posted
I wish David Guetta mixed FOMO, because the actual studio version could use Guetta for that special kick in the song. It sounds good but it could sound even better, there is a lot unused potential
  • Like 2
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

Wait, what?

 

Envoyé de mon LLD-L31 en utilisant Tapatalk

 

 

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
Posted

Is anyone else tired of the fans that think they're managing her career?

It's a gift. And a damn good one.

 

Been tired of them for about an entire decade. They should all go fly on their own...

  • Like 6

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)
I think I like the Mixshow better! Can’t wait to here more remixes of this song. Let’s keep an eye on SoundCloud. That’s where I found an amazing alternative version of Ashes that I listen to everyday (Laibert remix if anyone is wondering). Edited by A new day...
  • Like 1
Posted

Is that true that Sony will not send FOMO to the radio stations because it’s not the first single and it’s “just” a gift for the fans?

 

Opportunity wasted. Maybe it will be a hit.

  • Like 3
Posted

Been tired of them for about an entire decade. They should all go fly on their own...

:-D
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

Failing on our own, a new Sony anthem.

 

There’s something twisted in the air

Opportunities wasted...

  • Like 6
Posted

I agree it's a damn good gift. No doubt about that.

I consider 'Winter Song' more as a gift from her, than FOMO though. This is a new song from her new album.

Maybe that's why I'm disappointed that Sony won't do anything more than this.

 

Not sending it to the radio, why not?

It's a good summer song, unless they have something better in store which I doubt. It's Sony :giggle:

 

 

 

 

Is anyone else tired of the fans that think they're managing her career?

It's a gift. And a damn good one.

  • Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...