CelineAndRene Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:26 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:26 PM Ironically enough!! After I just posted that, I found this. Off topic, yes, but just wanted to show. Elton John makes a comment to Madonna on lip-syncing. So does Elton have any advice for Madonna? Does he ever."Make sure you lip-sync good," he said. http://www.eonline.com/news/elton_john_kee...mp;dlvrit=48939 Quote "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
JFC Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:30 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:30 PM wow .... wonderful I love Celine's pics. Thanks!!! Quote
Timster Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:31 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:31 PM I've played a lot of THLAL and I think she had a playback track on the background and singing at the same time to help her, not full playback in my opinion Yes, I think she was singing along to the playback. It's obvious that the 1998 track was there, but it's clearly not at full volume as when the live Celine and the track weren't singing at the same time you can tell it's quieter. Quote
felurial Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:32 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:32 PM Celine Dion rehearsing Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore!! Quote
Simon Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:35 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:35 PM I had goosebumps when I saw IDAN! The tour intro...*memories...* Quote You could see? I could break! Did you notice all my mistakes? | *taking a kayak* | thanks @TakingChances for the signatur ♥ Vienna ♥ Las Vegas ♥ Paris ♥ Lille ♥ Berlin ♥ London ♥ Québec City ♥
Brody-Celine Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:42 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 06:42 PM (edited) Well after reading through the past few pages, i respect everyone's opinions. Yeah i know, its kinda frustrating that she didn't sing THLAL live, i don't understand why she didn't, seems strange to me. We know she lips, shes been doing it for a while now, so i don't see what all the fuss is about, its not like we didn't expect playback here and there. But all i can say is, whether it was lipped or live i don't really care. Because to me that still HER voice, and at some point whether it was 10 years ago or 1 year ago or what ever, she had to sing the song live to record it. ANYWAYS I thought she looked absolutely fantabulabulous, she sounded amazing and she performed like the trooper she is... So BRING ON THE NEW ALBUM! Brody. Edited January 30, 2012 at 06:46 PM by Brody-Celine Quote
riobeard11 Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:00 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:00 PM (edited) I had goosebumps when I saw IDAN! The tour intro...*memories...* It's really a fantastic intro! I have always loved the way that was done.Shame they didn't bother to use the new track with it, but it's fine. The video also shows that there were earpiece problems right from the start. It looks like their volumes were messed up the whole night. Sidenote: I love how all of these articles are talking about how she flashed the audience and THEN changed into the leggings...but that's the reverse order of the outfits. Edited January 30, 2012 at 08:06 PM by riobeard11 Quote
Timster Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:11 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:11 PM It's really a fantastic intro! I have always loved the way that was done.Shame they didn't bother to use the new track with it, but it's fine. The 2009 IDAN track is not intended for live use, it was purely for dubbing the TCWT DVD. If she started using that then it would create a load more problems. Furthermore, that recording is worse vocally than her current live voice! Quote
Edwin Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:11 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:11 PM HAHA that's just Elton being a *CENSORED*. The *CENSORED* is back ya know I love the IDAN intro. It's really special hearing Is that alright I loved it when she said Omaha in her accent And the way she says Mejico? Forget it, I die! Quote
QueenCeline Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:12 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:12 PM Yes, I think she was singing along to the playback. It's obvious that the 1998 track was there, but it's clearly not at full volume as when the live Celine and the track weren't singing at the same time you can tell it's quieter. I personally think that she was lipping to it the whole time, but then her team realized by the end, when she was getting lost, to just cut the volume down and then have her kinda make her way through the last few ad libs by her own. Just from listening to it, I think it is definitely not her singing when the song starts, and is pretty clear that she is not singing above the track. But, that's just what I hear when listening to it. Quote Marc~~~~~~~~Taking Chances World TourSeptember 29, 2008December 16, 2008
Edwin Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:27 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:27 PM Any idea of special merchandise sold at the show? It kinda looked like there was a special program for it or maybe it was just a pamphlet or something? Quote
riobeard11 Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:32 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 08:32 PM (edited) Probably some shirts? Were there pictures of that earlier on? Edited January 30, 2012 at 08:36 PM by riobeard11 Quote
Claudette Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:14 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:14 PM I don't think the white you see in that picture is her panties. It looks more like a spandex short type thing to me if you look at the way it comes around her legs. Not sure though, maybe Frida knows. Dancers often use those. Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
Edwin Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:24 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:24 PM Probably some shirts? Were there pictures of that earlier on?I was wondering b/c of this pic: A shirt on the left, but what I wondered is what the guy had on the right? Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:32 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:32 PM They look like promo posters from the Festival. Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
riobeard11 Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:34 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:34 PM I don't think the white you see in that picture is her panties. It looks more like a spandex short type thing to me if you look at the way it comes around her legs. Not sure though, maybe Frida knows. Dancers often use those.She usually has bloomers on under her short dresses for that reason. There are many shots in the pink Balmain short dress during TCWT where you can see straight up there. Quote
dj4celine Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:35 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:35 PM Those are promo posters. I saw something similar like that on their website but then it was removed later on maybe due to high demand Quote
Edwin Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:46 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:46 PM Were they selling them on the website or just giving them to concert goers?? I want one! Quote
dj4celine Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:56 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 09:56 PM It was only promotional, I think. I saw one of the people who went there tweet about it but since I didn't save the tweet and now I can't find it. Quote
Edwin Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:00 PM You didn't think to save the tweet for me? You really do hate me! I just looked on eBay and didn't see that or anything Jamaican up...yet Quote
Claudette Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM (edited) She usually has bloomers on under her short dresses for that reason. There are many shots in the pink Balmain short dress during TCWT where you can see straight up there. Yes, that's it. Hers just looks like a plain white version though because most of the time they have a band and lace around the legs (if I'm not mistaken). Edited January 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM by Claudette Quote http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/ClaudetteRobinson/esme.jpg
ALEXIOS Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM Even though some of us were not fully satisfied by her performance, i think it is clear how much we miss Celine when she is in Vegas. Almost a year since her first show at Caesar Palace... The worst part is that this whole Vegas thing doesn't seem to end any time soon... I just wish she could take part in such festivals more often... Quote
dj4celine Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM You didn't think to save the tweet for me? You really do hate me! I just looked on eBay and didn't see that or anything Jamaican up...yet Meh! I thought you already must have saved it cos you were following the Jamaica Jazz account. I unfollowed them now that the whole thing is over I'm sure you may find it if you go through their tweets cos they re-tweeted them yesterday, I think. Quote
Edwin Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:20 PM They said they would post vids so unless they did it as the PB&J account they haven't done so. I'll send them a nice email I'll have Diana add a JA feel to it. Did you see her tweets? Holy cow, like a whole new language. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM Yes, that's it. Hers just looks like a plain white version though because most of the time they have a band and lace around the legs (if I'm not mistaken). Only Celine can rock a pair of ''Bridget Jones Knickers'' onstage... you go g/f lol. Quote
Thomas Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM http://i.minus.com/ibxdtqnJbZU59g.jpg Backstage Quote
Javito Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:48 PM Even though some of us were not fully satisfied by her performance, i think it is clear how much we miss Celine when she is in Vegas. Almost a year since her first show at Caesar Palace... The worst part is that this whole Vegas thing doesn't seem to end any time soon... I just wish she could take part in such festivals more often... Yep... that's the way it is now Now we're holding on the new albums, and hopefully she'll be released from the cage to do some nice promotion in TV Until then... oblivion again. Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Timster Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 10:59 PM I personally think that she was lipping to it the whole time, but then her team realized by the end, when she was getting lost, to just cut the volume down and then have her kinda make her way through the last few ad libs by her own. Just from listening to it, I think it is definitely not her singing when the song starts, and is pretty clear that she is not singing above the track. But, that's just what I hear when listening to it. Actually, now that I've seen the official clip with clearer audio, I think you are right - the main verses and choruses seem 100% playback. But that doesn't explain why she was singing live at the end while she knew the playback was still on. She must have been pretty desperate, and just started singing live so that the sound people would get the message and turn the playback off so she could do her own adlibs - as she knew she couldn't remember the playback timings. But as we know, they just turned the volume down, so we still hear both vocals. Quote
Thomas Posted January 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM First set of HQ's added to my gallery: HERE http://i.minus.com/ibkeMi7SfOEW41.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibdcvN2qRErEI5.jpg http://i.minus.com/ifGM1XVcY9QUh.jpg Quote
CelineDionFan710 Posted January 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM Posted January 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM very cool i love them Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.