CelineDionFan710 Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:12 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:12 AM Now Now, when she sings live like in vegas!!!!!!!! she sings it and plus it wasnt that long since she sang she just ended vegas for a month on the 22nd and was in the caribbean on 27th so thats only 5 days pf no singing. Quote http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpgCeline is my idol
CelineDionForum Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:14 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:14 AM Hello, we just received some HD footage that we've shared on our CelineDionForumPromo account. Includes clips of Mr Paganini, Beauty and the Beast & Treat Her Like a Lady. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oLOYBQFaI Quote
zuv Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:15 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:15 AM (edited) @streep101 Lol i cannot wait to read... Huu... maybe Tyler's reply? Loll I have one thing to say: look at the video from PJM at 1:50 then explain to me how is it that celine has her mouth closed for 3 seconds while we can hear her voice? You're gonna tell us that the image and sound of that video is not in synch? Lol Edited February 1, 2012 at 05:26 AM by zuv Quote
Tyler1991 Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:25 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:25 AM Obviously you aren't using your head as much as you thought you were. You don't have to lip to the same track as the one on the record. IF you were using your head, you would realize that is way to obvious. You would also realize that for someone like Celine to do such a thing, they would need to be smart, and not obvious. Thus they would use separate re-recordings of the song she has done. For the song in question, "Treat Her Like A Lady" , she had of course the track we have on the "Let's Talk About Love" CD, but she also had a separate track she used to lip to in concert. Here are multiple performances of the song from the Let's Talk About Love Tour. Live from Montreal - Live from Paris - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKDS2-HCA6I Compare the two side by side and you will notice not a single difference. If any difference is noticed, it will be attributed solely to the fact that the band is playing live. The track she has recorded is a capella, which allows it to play along with the band. There are multiple bootlegs - Munich, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, and many others which you can also check and verify this. I won't further waste my own time (since I know I'm right) by posting links. You can do that much for yourself I think! Additionally, this track was only used on tour. On the TV shows she lipped this on, she did use the CD track. This re-recording is ONLY for concerts. So compare either one of those lipped performances, and you will not notice any difference aside from 1) the band sounding completely different due to the arrangement, 2) Diana King singing the second verse instead of Celine - this means the track was altered, obviously, 3) when Celine is unable to lip properly due to a failing ear monitor which causes her to lose her place in the song, she does actually sing a few notes in the end live (but you can still hear the track playing lightly, and awkwardly, in the background). Jamaica HQ Footage: Obviously I'm not saying she CANT do it, so don't take it like that. I'm just saying this is what she chooses to do. Here is a video of her slaying it in her soundcheck:This is LIVE - And of course, the amazing performance from the Essence Awards in 1998, also LIVEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFMaMHArEY Quote
zuv Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:26 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:26 AM (edited) Lolllllll i knew you would reply haha niiiice thats my tyler Edited February 1, 2012 at 05:28 AM by zuv Quote
Tyler1991 Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:30 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:30 AM You should expect nothing less. Quote
zuv Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:50 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:50 AM (edited) So the ear piece, what exactly does it do when she lips or/and when sings live? When its live: Is she hearing herself singing or is she listening her original song to know where she's at. And if its only her live voice thats she hears... what's the point? cant she hear her voice like anyone else? Whats the big deal? Do you become deaf when your on stage? I feel like lipping a song would be the easiest thing to do? No? Edited February 1, 2012 at 05:56 AM by zuv Quote
Tyler1991 Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:57 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 05:57 AM Go up to the post I made earlier about ear monitors. As for lipping, we really don't know. We can assume she probably hears the playback in the ear monitor. It's the most reasonable assumption. Quote
zuv Posted February 1, 2012 at 06:12 AM Posted February 1, 2012 at 06:12 AM thanks, i think page 45 is the only page i hadnt read from this thread... Haha Great explanations Quote
manolo19 Posted February 1, 2012 at 01:33 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 01:33 PM Hey everyone, just came back from Jamaica... The show was absolutly amazing. Truly the best concert I've seen in my life. I have a lot o videos but the quality is pretty bad, i filmed some songs with my phone and the sound is terrible all we hear is people screaming.. and with another camera but it's a bit disappointing. The crowd was the best ever, really magic... like a Jamaican ARRAS. I was a few meters from the stage and I dont get the wardrobe malfunction everyone is talking about.. I was there and she was just sexy as hell. I have nothing to say, that woman is a legend.. On my flight from Miami to Jamaica, I was in the same plane than all of her team; Barnev, Elise, Michel Dion, Zhane, Andre Coutu, J-seb, Yves frulla, Denis Savage.. I couldn't stop smiling as they boarded the aircraft. Elise spoke to us as she noticed we spoke French, she was sooo nice. During the concert she recognized us and waved at us.. Everyone was talking about Celine there, I even bought a newspaper of her making the headlines , they kept playing her songs at the hotel, and the Jamaican people love her soo much , what a nice move from her team to go there.. I feel nostalgia and sadness now cause I know I will never see something like that in my life, that concert had nothing to do with Vegas or Montreal... The crowd made it Magic Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted February 1, 2012 at 01:34 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 01:34 PM So the ear piece, what exactly does it do when she lips or/and when sings live? When its live: Is she hearing herself singing or is she listening her original song to know where she's at. And if its only her live voice thats she hears... what's the point? cant she hear her voice like anyone else? Whats the big deal? Do you become deaf when your on stage? I feel like lipping a song would be the easiest thing to do? No? Do you remember those big speaker pointing towards the singers in the stage like 40 years ago? or maybe you seen then in stages where the singer don't use ear phone, well these big speakers and earphones are for the singers to hear the band or the band+voice track in the case of lip-syncing, when you are standing in a stage facing the audience you can mostly hear the people screaming and singing, that's why they please speakers in front of the stage or use earphones. Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
BLM Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:00 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:00 PM (edited) Footage of Live and Let Die. For TMZ to compliment Celine is very unusual … also watch while she is performing MHWGO, ear monitor problems again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbM1KQStGaM Edited February 1, 2012 at 02:04 PM by Bubba Quote
Davey84 Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:01 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:01 PM Hey everyone, just came back from Jamaica... The show was absolutly amazing. Truly the best concert I've seen in my life. I have a lot o videos but the quality is pretty bad, i filmed some songs with my phone and the sound is terrible all we hear is people screaming.. and with another camera but it's a bit disappointing. The crowd was the best ever, really magic... like a Jamaican ARRAS. I was a few meters from the stage and I dont get the wardrobe malfunction everyone is talking about.. I was there and she was just sexy as hell. I have nothing to say, that woman is a legend.. On my flight from Miami to Jamaica, I was in the same plane than all of her team; Barnev, Elise, Michel Dion, Zhane, Andre Coutu, J-seb, Yves frulla, Denis Savage.. I couldn't stop smiling as they boarded the aircraft. Elise spoke to us as she noticed we spoke French, she was sooo nice. During the concert she recognized us and waved at us.. Everyone was talking about Celine there, I even bought a newspaper of her making the headlines , they kept playing her songs at the hotel, and the Jamaican people love her soo much , what a nice move from her team to go there.. I feel nostalgia and sadness now cause I know I will never see something like that in my life, that concert had nothing to do with Vegas or Montreal... The crowd made it Magic Oooh sound like you had an awesome time!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was at the Arras concert too, so I can imagine how it would have felt like How cool is it, that you were in the same plane as her band!? Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Javito Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:13 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:13 PM Footage of Live and Let Die. For TMZ to compliment Celine is very unusual … also watch while she is performing MHWGO, ear monitor problems again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbM1KQStGaM The shine in her eyes when she sings "cause I'm your lady" is freaking awesome Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Edwin Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:29 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:29 PM Great review manolo! Wow, so lucky to share a plane with her band! And it's easy to see how much the Jamaicans enjoyed it with the footage and pics we've already seen. Seems like a blast! Quote
celinesounds Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:49 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 02:49 PM THLAL sound better in that HD video and I think the song sounds more contemporary today than 15 years ago Quote #FREEJAVITO
Edwin Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:04 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:04 PM She looks and sounds amazing. BATB I miss her legs during Mr. Paganini Quote
BLM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:12 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:12 PM (edited) THE REASON ... OMG! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvl2EPqreY JAMES BOND MEDLEY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JK-7om0VI...der&list=UL Edited February 1, 2012 at 03:15 PM by Bubba Quote
Tyler1991 Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:12 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:12 PM I'm in love with the arrangement for Treat Her Like A Lady. I actually kinda hope they add it in the Vegas show at some point. lol Quote
manolo19 Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:15 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:15 PM I just uploaded The reason, James bond medley and the end of Mr. Paganini if anyone interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT7kwa8XktEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JK-7om0VIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvl2EPqreY Quote
Tyler1991 Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:19 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:19 PM I just uploaded The reason, James bond medley and the end of Mr. Paganini if anyone interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT7kwa8XktEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1JK-7om0VIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUvl2EPqreY I fixed your links for you. Only post the code (everything after the =) ...thanks! Quote
ImAliveUK Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:24 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:24 PM Obviously you aren't using your head as much as you thought you were. You don't have to lip to the same track as the one on the record. IF you were using your head, you would realize that is way to obvious. You would also realize that for someone like Celine to do such a thing, they would need to be smart, and not obvious. Thus they would use separate re-recordings of the song she has done. For the song in question, "Treat Her Like A Lady" , she had of course the track we have on the "Let's Talk About Love" CD, but she also had a separate track she used to lip to in concert. Here are multiple performances of the song from the Let's Talk About Love Tour. Live from Montreal - Live from Paris - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKDS2-HCA6I Compare the two side by side and you will notice not a single difference. If any difference is noticed, it will be attributed solely to the fact that the band is playing live. The track she has recorded is a capella, which allows it to play along with the band. There are multiple bootlegs - Munich, New York, Chicago, New Orleans, and many others which you can also check and verify this. I won't further waste my own time (since I know I'm right) by posting links. You can do that much for yourself I think! Additionally, this track was only used on tour. On the TV shows she lipped this on, she did use the CD track. This re-recording is ONLY for concerts. So compare either one of those lipped performances, and you will not notice any difference aside from 1) the band sounding completely different due to the arrangement, 2) Diana King singing the second verse instead of Celine - this means the track was altered, obviously, 3) when Celine is unable to lip properly due to a failing ear monitor which causes her to lose her place in the song, she does actually sing a few notes in the end live (but you can still hear the track playing lightly, and awkwardly, in the background). Jamaica HQ Footage: Obviously I'm not saying she CANT do it, so don't take it like that. I'm just saying this is what she chooses to do. Here is a video of her slaying it in her soundcheck:This is LIVE - And of course, the amazing performance from the Essence Awards in 1998, also LIVEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFMaMHArEY Great explanation Perfect!! The live sound check of THLAL proves she can do it - but maybe chose not to because it was a long time since she had done it. Was so good to hear it!! I'd pay more to see the sound checks ))) Quote
ImAliveUK Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:25 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:25 PM I'm in love with the arrangement for Treat Her Like A Lady. I actually kinda hope they add it in the Vegas show at some point. lol Me too - gave it a new lease of life - got it on my iPod again! Quote
Tyler1991 Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:29 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:29 PM Lol you aren't the only one. Check out this soundcheck from the Juno Awards of TPOL. Quite honestly it's about 4308t03804380 times better than any performance she has done of the song, including all three playbacks. She included the best elements of each performance into this soundcheck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7u_l_iEEw Ignore the video. There is no video, only audio of this great rehearsal. The user just pasted the video of the actual performance on top of the vocals for the rehearsal. It's a shame the actual performance wasn't this good. Quote
maceta_biloxi Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:30 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:30 PM I just uploaded The reason, James bond medley and the end of Mr. Paganini if anyone interested AWESOME!! Thanx so much!! Quote Do What You Want But Harm No One http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs939.snc4/73202_10150111343007542_831827541_7586213_4279368_n.jpg...Looking Alike!?
duri Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:34 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:34 PM Thank you for all new videos and thank you for review, it´s so nice to hear how amazing show it was from someone who was there. Quote http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
ImAliveUK Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:38 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 03:38 PM Lol you aren't the only one. Check out this soundcheck from the Juno Awards of TPOL. Quite honestly it's about 4308t03804380 times better than any performance she has done of the song, including all three playbacks. She included the best elements of each performance into this soundcheck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp7u_l_iEEw Ignore the video. There is no video, only audio of this great rehearsal. The user just pasted the video of the actual performance on top of the vocals for the rehearsal. It's a shame the actual performance wasn't this good. Absolutely, undeniably, 100% AWESOME!! I would actually die if I ever hear her sing this live again. Stunning. Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted February 1, 2012 at 04:23 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 04:23 PM So all we are waiting on is RDMH & AS right? Quote
Edwin Posted February 1, 2012 at 04:34 PM Posted February 1, 2012 at 04:34 PM Unless I've missed it, I've not seen PQTME except soundcheck vids. And it is possible to have missed it in THIS thread Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.