Your_Su_Phu Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:31 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:31 PM placido domingo is a freaking legend.....I can't wait!
Bell Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:41 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:41 PM What I think it's more important for this next album and it's what I hope, it's that she should start to choose songs that she REALLY feels.You are just right. 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Bell Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:44 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:44 PM 1. "Untitled Interlude I" (Video Introduction) (contains elements of "You and I")2. "Then You Look At Me"3. "Where Does My Heart Beat Now"4. Medley: "Because You Loved Me" / "A New Day Has Come" / "A World To Believe In"5. "Le Ballet"6. "My Precious One"7. "The Reason"8. "Love Theme" (Instrumental Love Doesn’t Ask Why Interlude)9. Medley: "Have you Ever Been In Love" / "The Colour Of My Love" / "Declaration Of Love"10. "Chante Moi" (Duet with a hologram version of Dion)11. "The Prayer" (Virtual duet with Andrea Bocelli)12. "With This Tear" (written for her by Prince)13. "Beauty And The Beast" (Duet with Barnev Valsaint)14. "Tous Les Blues Sont Écrits Pour Toi"15. "I Want You To Need Me"16. "Untitled IV" (Instrumental Interlude) (contains elements of "Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi," "Mon Ami M’A Quittée," and "Une Columbe")17. "D’amour ou D’amitié"18. " Ce n’etait Qu’un Reve "19. "Can’t Fight The Feeling" (Instrumental Interlude)20. "Love Can Move Mountains"21. "I’m Alive"22. "My Heart Will Go On"This is the setlist of my dreams! 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
browseceline Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:48 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 01:48 PM Sissel ( the singer from the Titanic soundtrack) already worked with Placido : <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:03 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:03 PM This is the setlist of my dreams! And if completely live, I would consider spending the money watching this setlist! <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Javito Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:07 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:07 PM Of course Céline owns most of the covers she has done. BUT that doesn't mean she needs to stick with recording a lot of them and performing a lot like them... Look at these setlists... Tell me which one you prefer and is a real CELINE show...1. "Untitled Interlude I" (Video Introduction) (contains elements of "Roy Orbison/Cyndi Lauper")2. "Celine sings Journey"3. "Where Does My Heart Beat Now"4. Medley: "Because You Loved Me" / " Celine sings Pandorra Box" / "Celine sings Jennifer Rush"5. "Celine sings Ella Fitzgerald"6. " Celine sings Billy Joel"7. "The Reason"8. "James Bond Theme" (Instrumental Interlude)9. Medley: "Celine sings Shirley Bassey" / "Celine sings Carly Simon " / "Celine sings Paul McCartney"10. "Celine sings Patti Austin and James Ingram" (Duet with a hologram version of Dion)11. " Celine sings Stevie Wonder" (Virtual duet with Stevie Wonder)12. " Celine sings Janis Ian"13. "Beauty And The Beast" (Duet with Barnev Valsaint)14. " Celine sings Jacques Brel"15. " Celine sings Eric Carmen"16. "Untitled IV" (Instrumental Interlude) (contains elements of "Smooth Criminal," "Billie Jean," and "Thriller")17. " Celine sings Micheal Jackson"18. " Celine sings Micheal Jackson "19. "Declaration of Love" (Instrumental Interlude)20. "Love Can Move Mountains"21. " Celine sings Tina Turner"22. "My Heart Will Go On" That's the damn reality The "Celine sings..." should be written cleary in the program to notice which songs are hers and whose aren't (so the 70% of the show) Hahahahaha.. So I prefer the FIRST one, sorry guys but I prefer to hear new things, even if they are covers... I can't understand what's the problem with this cover thing... So you don't consider to hear and see Céline performing, for example, Just Walk Away live on the stage, a new thing? Shouldn't be that a completely new vision to feel the song, when its brought to the stage? For what purpose do the songwriters write and send songs to others, more than to hopefully see them performed once on a stage by the singers? That's the greatest reward for them You really consider that seeing Céline singing to Stevie Wonder or Ella Fitgerald cents of times on a stage is "new", instead of the songs you have listened, loved and played in the CDs you bought from her? "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
browseceline Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:23 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:23 PM That's the damn reality The "Celine sings..." should be written cleary in the program to notice which songs are hers and whose aren't (so the 70% of the show) So you don't consider to hear and see Céline performing, for example, Just Walk Away live on the stage, a new thing? Shouldn't be that a completely new vision to feel the song, when its brought to the stage? For what purpose do the songwriters write and send songs to others, more than to hopefully see them performed once on a stage by the singers? That's the greatest reward for them You really consider that seeing Céline singing to Stevie Wonder or Ella Fitgerald cents of times on a stage is "new", instead of the songs you have listened, loved and played in the CDs you bought from her? yes.. every other singer can sing a setlist like the first one, only thing that is different is the voice. But the second setlist is a must have for all Celine fans that have all her albums. I agree.. how can you prefer the first 1 over the second 1 that is all about Celine... <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Javito Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:36 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:36 PM (edited) Indeed. For a songwriter, the final stop in the road of a song is to see it performed by the singer on a stage, in front of an audience. That's when a song reaches its maximum sense, on the stage. With Céline Dion, we're collecting a lot of original songs that she has recorded to be put out in the form of a CD... and that's all, they'll never get out of there. They have never seen the light and splendour of a stage, not even once each . However, she's performing incessantly random songs made popular by other artists, dozens, and dozens, and cents of times, without stop. How this can be? How can be that easy to perform dozens of songs that aren't yours and people have not known you by (because those songs are NOT in the CDs the people have bought from you), night after night, cents of times, and not presenting even for ONCE your own songs in a special concert (for example)? It's something I'll never get to understand Hence people could think Céline is not a singer proud of her own repertoire, or what's worst, a karaoke singer Edited January 19, 2012 at 02:39 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
browseceline Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:41 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:41 PM Indeed. For a songwriter, the final stop in the road of a song is to see it performed by the singer on a stage, in front of an audience. That's when a song reaches its maximum sense, on the stage. With Céline Dion, we're collecting a lot of original songs that she has recorded to be put out in the form of a CD... and that's all, they'll never get out of there. They have never seen the light and splendour of a stage, not even once each . However, she's performing incessantly random songs made popular by other artists, dozens, and dozens, and cents of times, without stop. How this can be? How can be that easy to perform dozens of songs that aren't yours and people have not known you by (because those songs are NOT in the CDs the people have bought from you), night after night, cents of times, and not presenting even for ONCE your own songs in a special concert (for example)? It's something I'll never get to understand Hence people could think Céline is not a singer proud of her own repertoire, or what's worst, a karaoke singer I wish we could send Rene and Celine a letter.. to express our feelings, signed by all the members of this forum that agree with this ( and there are a lot of them!) <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
celinesounds Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:42 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:42 PM Of course Céline owns most of the covers she has done. BUT that doesn't mean she needs to stick with recording a lot of them and performing a lot like them... Look at these setlists... Tell me which one you prefer and is a real CELINE show...1. "Untitled Interlude I" (Video Introduction) (contains elements of "Roy Orbison/Cyndi Lauper")2. "Celine sings Journey"3. "Where Does My Heart Beat Now"4. Medley: "Because You Loved Me" / " Celine sings Pandorra Box" / "Celine sings Jennifer Rush"5. "Celine sings Ella Fitzgerald"6. " Celine sings Billy Joel"7. "The Reason"8. "James Bond Theme" (Instrumental Interlude)9. Medley: "Celine sings Shirley Bassey" / "Celine sings Carly Simon " / "Celine sings Paul McCartney"10. "Celine sings Patti Austin and James Ingram" (Duet with a hologram version of Dion)11. " Celine sings Stevie Wonder" (Virtual duet with Stevie Wonder)12. " Celine sings Janis Ian"13. "Beauty And The Beast" (Duet with Barnev Valsaint)14. " Celine sings Jacques Brel"15. " Celine sings Eric Carmen"16. "Untitled IV" (Instrumental Interlude) (contains elements of "Smooth Criminal," "Billie Jean," and "Thriller")17. " Celine sings Micheal Jackson"18. " Celine sings Micheal Jackson "19. "Declaration of Love" (Instrumental Interlude)20. "Love Can Move Mountains"21. " Celine sings Tina Turner"22. "My Heart Will Go On" OR 1. "Untitled Interlude I" (Video Introduction) (contains elements of "You and I")2. "Then You Look At Me"3. "Where Does My Heart Beat Now"4. Medley: "Because You Loved Me" / "A New Day Has Come" / "A World To Believe In"5. "Le Ballet"6. "My Precious One"7. "The Reason"8. "Love Theme" (Instrumental Love Doesn’t Ask Why Interlude)9. Medley: "Have you Ever Been In Love" / "The Colour Of My Love" / "Declaration Of Love"10. "Chante Moi" (Duet with a hologram version of Dion)11. "The Prayer" (Virtual duet with Andrea Bocelli)12. "With This Tear" (written for her by Prince)13. "Beauty And The Beast" (Duet with Barnev Valsaint)14. "Tous Les Blues Sont Écrits Pour Toi"15. "I Want You To Need Me"16. "Untitled IV" (Instrumental Interlude) (contains elements of "Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi," "Mon Ami M’A Quittée," and "Une Columbe")17. "D’amour ou D’amitié"18. " Ce n’etait Qu’un Reve "19. "Can’t Fight The Feeling" (Instrumental Interlude)20. "Love Can Move Mountains"21. "I’m Alive"22. "My Heart Will Go On" that would be a dream #FREEJAVITO
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:47 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 02:47 PM Yes guys, I dream of that setlist too, but again, there's nothing we can do about it, so why get stressed with something we love? Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:11 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:11 PM BECAUSE it's something, someone we love http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Anna1990 Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:11 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:11 PM that would be a dream och yes It is my big dream.
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:14 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:14 PM BECAUSE it's something, someone we love Oh really? But let's face it, doesn't matter how immensely we love her, there's not much we can do. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
anewdayhascome Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:54 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 03:54 PM but we can share our opinions, right? A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 19, 2012 at 04:20 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 04:20 PM but we can share our opinions, right? as far as I know, we can. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
fred Posted January 19, 2012 at 06:09 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 06:09 PM (edited) What I think it's more important for this next album and it's what I hope, it's that she should start to choose songs that she REALLY feels. What I mean is that I will always prefer if she sings something like At Seventeen (that means something special for her) more than if she sings A World to believe In (for me a very silly song full of emptyness, perfect for a benefic show with a lot of children carrying balloons of colours. Please, stop this kind of hymn songs and just get some serious...)You're spot on there! If this album have things like At Seventeen, Mr. paganini, Linda Perry's songs, some jazz covers and original songs written for her like My Love, A song for You , The Reason, Why oh Why, Have you Ever been in love and some Soul classic style like Winehouse last album (postume one) or something like Adele, I would love the album. That's right! But do you really think she'd do Winehouse/Adele typ of songs. Don't get me wrong I just fell in love with Winehouse's postune album and is listening to it right now. Céline would sound swell on some of the songs like these. I don't think it's likely. But hey she's surprised us before with taking on the Alicia Keys feel on MTMH (however that track was taken out from the alubm while tracks like AWTBI was left in). /fred Edited January 19, 2012 at 06:11 PM by fred Peace and love to all.
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 19, 2012 at 07:44 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 07:44 PM I highly disagree, A World To Believe In is one of the treasures inside the TC album, shame you can't appreciate it Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Timster Posted January 19, 2012 at 07:47 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 07:47 PM I highly disagree, A World To Believe In is one of the treasures inside the TC album, shame you can't appreciate it I agree, AWTBI is one of my favourite TC songs.
celinemaniacaik Posted January 19, 2012 at 08:13 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 08:13 PM I like AWTBI !!!!!!!!!!!! http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
celinesounds Posted January 19, 2012 at 08:15 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 08:15 PM I highly disagree, A World To Believe In is one of the treasures inside the TC album, shame you can't appreciate it probably if was released as a 2nd single would have done much better than Alone #FREEJAVITO
celinemaniacaik Posted January 19, 2012 at 08:37 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 08:37 PM true say http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
celine4evauk Posted January 19, 2012 at 09:46 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 09:46 PM You should post more often. Then I might actually leave this site upbeat and excited after reading these threads when new news is announced. Sorry guys... But some of you are the biggest Debbie Downers I've ever met. lol I don't like you using my name like that!! I'm never "down" on Celine!!lol
Shaun Posted January 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM Davey that comparison you make with the setlists is truly depressing! 5 original Celine songs in her "groundbreaking" new show. Not enough for me to spend thousands of pounds to go to Vegas again like i did (twice) for "A New Day..." Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM (edited) Davey that comparison you make with the setlists is truly depressing! 5 original Celine songs in her "groundbreaking" new show. Not enough for me to spend thousands of pounds to go to Vegas again like i did (twice) for "A New Day..." Off topic but...Shaun I agree 100% especially with the way the world is at the minute for the non rich...I'm a huge fan, but I won't be going half way around the world for Celine again until/if the show evolves a hell of alot more.I'm so impressed and dying to see her duet with herself in person, but she needs more of her own songs in the show that shes never ever performed live like ''TYLAM'' that has been demanded by alot of fans till they were blue in the face prior to opening night, nearly a year ago... or songs we aint heard live in years or just heard performed once or twice or an excellent brand new song. Edited January 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM by Shamrock29
Your_Su_Phu Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM you're trying too hard to prove your point by including the covers that she recorded on studio albums and were among her biggest hits
Javito Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM Off topic but...Shaun I agree 100% especially with the way the world is at the minute for the non rich...I'm a huge fan, but I won't be going half way around the world for Celine again until/if the show evolves a hell of alot more.I'm so impressed and dying to see her duet with herself in person, but she needs more of her own songs in the show that shes never ever performed live like ''TYLAM'' that has been demanded by alot of fans till they were blue in the face prior to opening night, nearly a year ago... or songs we aint heard live in years or just heard performed once or twice or an excellent brand new song. Completely agree! "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Your_Su_Phu Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM im sure celine will be sobbing into her diamond encrusted pillow since u guys won't be coming to see her show
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM (edited) im sure celine will be sobbing into her diamond encrusted pillow since u guys won't be coming to see her show Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum, being a messageboard after all, but with a comment like that... grow up mate!! Edited January 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM by Shamrock29
Tyler1991 Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM Posted January 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM Well, this album sure sounds like it's going to be the biggest joke since Paris Hilton took a stab at music. She is making her albums as filled with covers and random crap as her shows are. My worst nightmare. And nobody dare give me the lecture on how TPOL, IACBTMN, ABM, etc others are al covers. No, not in the same way they're not. All those and most others are unrecognized or unestablished songs that when Celine releases herself, can be known for. Nobody held the original side by side to Celine's in any of those...it was all Celine. But now, all of these will be compared to intensely with Journey, Mariah, herself even for MHWGO (you've seen how Mariah's recent duet was received), and the others as well. I really hope I'm proven wrong, but right now my expectations are unbelievably low. I guess the worst part is that I know Celine has the potential to prove me wrong, and even top her previous best work....but I just don't see it happening! Frustrated here.
Recommended Posts