Davey84 Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM Fred, I love your post and I can only agree and hopeit's true! Perhaps she's starting over. Going back to that stage. It would be a shame if we managed to interupt that process somehow./fred http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eFMnCVCSgk http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Javito Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:21 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:21 PM ^^^ That's the Celine I LOVE to hear "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:25 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:25 PM For the cover I think a full body shot of Celine in a dress similar to the first Vegas dress, or MHWGO dress from the UK leg of the tour, but the lighting is in such a way that you can't totally see all of her features ( like a spotlight can sometimes be used ) but done very artistically, with a great pose but very minimal in the background maybe one or two props or objects, and only have 2/3 colours used also like some modern professional photos are done now a days... edit: I always thought that that pose she did during MHWGO in A new day... where she curves her body and has her arm/hand posed above her in that way would be pretty cool, or something different like that. Exactly, it's actually not that hard to do a photoshoot for an evening-gown album like the one we are about to get. She loves fashion and now that she is doing this elegant show, I think she is getting into it even more, which is going to be great for the pictures. Yesterday I was watching Celine's interview with Sonia Benezra from 1996 and they were showing clips from the making-of Falling Into You and from some shows from the D'eux Tour. At a certain point during the interview, they showed a video of Celine posing for a promotional photoshoot for her album. (Which never saw the light and it's a shame 'cause she was quite hot in those photos) She was using some "interesting" clothes. I don't know much about female fashion, but the things she wears for the FIY shot are interesting because most of them are sexy but at the same time very simple. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
fred Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:29 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:29 PM (edited) Fred, I love your post and I can only agree and hopeit's true! Thanks pal! Glad we can agree on so many points even though we're devided on the cover issue. EDIT: BTW what's one of those smilys trying to grab on the other?? /fred Edited January 20, 2012 at 01:31 PM by fred Peace and love to all.
Davey84 Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:41 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 01:41 PM Thats a "friends" smiley But covers; if done right i'm 'all in', but they really need to mean something and choosen an produced wel... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
artist Posted January 20, 2012 at 04:50 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 04:50 PM Just a suggestion: why doesn't she sing her French songs in English? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/anasassaad/jnjkhjk_zpsbd763de7.jpg
dj4celine Posted January 20, 2012 at 05:31 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 05:31 PM Just a suggestion: why doesn't she sing her French songs in English? Cos she tried to sing one of her French signature hits in Spanish and it turned into a disaster which we know as Aun Existe Amor. Not to forget the sub par materials known as If That's What It Takes and I Don't Know.
ashtonelijah Posted January 20, 2012 at 06:32 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 06:32 PM Cos she tried to sing one of her French signature hits in Spanish and it turned into a disaster which we know as Aun Existe Amor. Not to forget the sub par materials known as If That's What It Takes and I Don't Know. I loved Aun Existe Amor. I thought If That's What It Takes was decent. I thought I Don't Know was great. Also... you're forgetting Je T'aime Encore... the English version is even better than the French, in my opinion. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
fred Posted January 20, 2012 at 06:40 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 06:40 PM Yes! IDK and ITWIT are very good as album fill outs! I don't get why people rant on them. And Je T'Aime Encore is actually better than Et Je T'Aime Encore as you pointed out. The only song went which is really bad in English but great in French is Tous Les Secrets/Let Your Heart Decide. /fred Peace and love to all.
celinemaniacaik Posted January 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM Thank God we're talking about the album photoshoot and not the songs http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
fred Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:10 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:10 PM (edited) Thats a "friends" smiley But covers; if done right i'm 'all in', but they really need to mean something and choosen an produced wel...Ok good. I don't want J-man on my neck. Yes that's indeed the point. Why do we assume that as soon as the word cover comes up it's naturally bad? The only way a cover is bad is when it's too similar compared to or worse than the original (although some of you seemed to like when they sound exactly like the orignial. I don't get why though). A good cover is when the song is brought to a new level (prefferably better one) than the original, thus brings new life to the song. Examples of good covers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVq0IAzh1A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfPZ_HpnIVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiyq2xrSI0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8ekkwgZlY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mM1am2QlKs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfesHDG9i78 Originals to the left, covers to the right. Cover haters, watch and learn. EDIT: I don't mean that the originals above are worse than the covers. They are splendid in ther own ways. The point is a cover is preferably done a bit different than the original. /fred Edited January 20, 2012 at 07:14 PM by fred Peace and love to all.
celinesounds Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:10 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:10 PM Cos she tried to sing one of her French signature hits in Spanish and it turned into a disaster which we know as Aun Existe Amor. Not to forget the sub par materials known as If That's What It Takes and I Don't Know. the English version of Je t'aime encore is better in English #FREEJAVITO
celinesounds Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:19 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:19 PM (edited) I'm my opinion if she wants a cover album she should bring dance1 disco sound from 70's and 80's and ask Stuart price to produce it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w5uMXZ8VKQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w5uMXZ8VKQ Edited January 20, 2012 at 07:20 PM by celinesounds #FREEJAVITO
dj4celine Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:23 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:23 PM I agree with Fred that when done right, covers can be really good. That rendition of "Unchained Melody" by Sarah McLachlan is just bliss! the English version of Je t'aime encore is better in English Which is why I didn't include it I'm not sure but wasn't the english version of "Je T'aime Encore" written before the French version "Et Je T'aime Encore" ? Someone help me out on this, please!
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:27 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:27 PM I love ''If thats what it takes'' btw: R.I.P Etta James
fred Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:35 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 07:35 PM (edited) Yes rest in peace Etta James. It's so sad the least of these legends checking out from this earth experience. I was thinking about her the other day when I saw Céline will have song(s) of hers on this album. I was thinking "Wonder if Etta is still around, it would be great for them to do a duet together now since she wont be around forever". /fred Edited January 20, 2012 at 07:36 PM by fred Peace and love to all.
Celinenvegas Posted January 20, 2012 at 09:00 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 09:00 PM I'm my opinion if she wants a cover album she should bring dance1 disco sound from 70's and 80's and ask Stuart price to produce it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w5uMXZ8VKQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w5uMXZ8VKQ Hey how do you know of Laura Branigan! She was my absolute favorite before Celine came along. Their paths have crossed too. Laura released an album with the song "Unison" on it. In fact, the album was to be called Unison but they changed their minds at Atlantic Records. Laura had recorded "Power of Love" in 1987. She also recorded "If That's What It Takes" around the year 2000. Diane Warren wrote a lot of Laura's earlier songs in 1982-84. Laura didn't enjoy the success Celine has for various reasons but she had a very strong, emotional voice. She passed away in 2003. ~J O E Y~
Javito Posted January 20, 2012 at 09:18 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 09:18 PM (edited) Cos she tried to sing one of her French signature hits in Spanish and it turned into a disaster which we know as Aun Existe Amor. "Aún Existe Amor" a disaster? Speak for yourself I think this adaptation was a success (her best one between the spanish songs she has recorded) and many spaniards LOVE it Also... you're forgetting Je T'aime Encore... the English version is even better than the French, in my opinion. Agree! The english version is more intense to me than the french one Edited January 20, 2012 at 09:18 PM by Javito "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
GoldenLeaf Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM (edited) Of course Céline owns most of the covers she has done. BUT that doesn't mean she needs to stick with recording a lot of them and performing a lot like them... Look at these setlists... Tell me which one you prefer and is a real CELINE show... OR 1. "Untitled Interlude I" (Video Introduction) (contains elements of "You and I")2. "Then You Look At Me"3. "Where Does My Heart Beat Now"4. Medley: "Because You Loved Me" / "A New Day Has Come" / "A World To Believe In"5. "Le Ballet"6. "My Precious One"7. "The Reason"8. "Love Theme" (Instrumental Love Doesn’t Ask Why Interlude)9. Medley: "Have you Ever Been In Love" / "The Colour Of My Love" / "Declaration Of Love"10. "Chante Moi" (Duet with a hologram version of Dion)11. "The Prayer" (Virtual duet with Andrea Bocelli)12. "With This Tear" (written for her by Prince)13. "Beauty And The Beast" (Duet with Barnev Valsaint)14. "Tous Les Blues Sont Écrits Pour Toi"15. "I Want You To Need Me"16. "Untitled IV" (Instrumental Interlude) (contains elements of "Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi," "Mon Ami M’A Quittée," and "Une Columbe")17. "D’amour ou D’amitié"18. " Ce n’etait Qu’un Reve "19. "Can’t Fight The Feeling" (Instrumental Interlude)20. "Love Can Move Mountains"21. "I’m Alive"22. "My Heart Will Go On" What an odd setlist! It only features 4 of her biggest hits. This setlist would please most of the die-hard fans (aka the 27,021 members of this forum who only represent 0.01% of Celine's entire fanbase) BUT it definitely wouldn't please the rest of the fans (aka the normal/average fans who represent 99.9% of Celine's entire fanbase). Just my two cents. Edited January 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM by Calypso
ferjaacu Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM (edited) Davey, don't you ever call me Fer !!! (JK) I agree with many things you've said, but fred and donpi86 has taken the words out of my mouth already !!! So I'm not gonna go any farther on this... Now lets focus on the new album And, BTW, I luuuuuuuuuurve If That's What It Takes, Aún Existe Amor and Je t'aime Encoure And I actually think Sola Otra Vez is way better than All By Myself I love Darren's and Carlos's ideas about the photoshoot Celine dressed up with any of those amazing gowns designers can create sometimes, making a classy pose would be great !!! Something like the cover of D'elles I love that photoshoot... Edited January 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM by ferjaacu http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3216/5786913948_369265dbeb_m.jpg FERLO
CelineAndRene Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM Exactly, I don't really understand why the show is called Celine and there are not many Celine songs in it. When I first learnt that this was going to be the name of the show, I felt like, once the curtain opens, Celine's world starts, showcasing her hits and the songs that put her where she is now. I though it was going to be more a celebration of her career. But, I can't really remember exactly when, René said that their original idea was to bring the Taking Chances World Tour to Las Vegas as a Residency Show. When I first heard that, I felt more than disappointed, because it was like the inspiration was gone, no more innovation. So the show that we have now is way better than René's initial idea (I think he said that at some point during 2010). About the show being mainly made by covers, I have to say that when Celine made the announcement that the she was going to sing some of the songs she had always wanted to sing live but had never been able to do so, I went crazy because I though she was talking about her obscure material. But no, she meant her personal favorites, and not exactly from her repertoire. Guys, it's time to stand up and make René and Céline know this because they are doing what THE BELIEVE the fans want her to do. I know some members of this forum go to see her show often and maybe sometimes get the chance to meet René. What better opportunity to let him know what we think? I see what you're saying, but realistically, people are too star struck to mention their complaints about the show, and especially Celine. Even if you weren't star stuck, it's likely you won't have enough time with either one to get everything off your chest. About the MHWGO duet, the very idea is appalling. It's great she is involved in someway for the 3D release, but to re-do a song of this stature is absolutely the WRONG thing to do! Especially in a duet! I will bet that this will be one of the biggest flops ever. Hoping not, but I'm just calling a spade a spade. That song should never be touched again. "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
Celine Fan 77 Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM Exactly, something like the D'elles session but showing a younger Celine like in Let's Talk About Love. Make-up can do wonders. Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Shamrock_1982 Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM (edited) Davey, don't you ever call me Fer !!! (JK) I agree with many things you've said, but fred and donpi86 has taken the words out of my mouth already !!! So I'm not gonna go any farther on this... Now lets focus on the new album And, BTW, I luuuuuuuuuurve If That's What It Takes, Aún Existe Amor and Je t'aime Encoure And I actually think Sola Otra Vez is way better than All By Myself I love Darren's and Carlos's ideas about the photoshoot Celine dressed up with any of those amazing gowns designers can create sometimes, making a classy pose would be great !!! Something like the cover of D'elles I love that photoshoot... Edited January 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM by Shamrock29
celinesounds Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM Hey how do you know of Laura Branigan! She was my absolute favorite before Celine came along. Their paths have crossed too. Laura released an album with the song "Unison" on it. In fact, the album was to be called Unison but they changed their minds at Atlantic Records. Laura had recorded "Power of Love" in 1987. She also recorded "If That's What It Takes" around the year 2000. Diane Warren wrote a lot of Laura's earlier songs in 1982-84. Laura didn't enjoy the success Celine has for various reasons but she had a very strong, emotional voice. She passed away in 2003. unfortunately she didn't but her songs will remain forever and she did amazing ones #FREEJAVITO
Celinenvegas Posted January 21, 2012 at 03:28 AM Posted January 21, 2012 at 03:28 AM unfortunately she didn't but her songs will remain forever and she did amazing ones Thank you for saying that, at least all her fans have videos and music to remember the great work she did. I miss her voice and her shows. I think if Laura had a good manager like Rene she would've gone much further. Some criticize Rene but he always tries to get the best deals for Celine over the years. ~J O E Y~
TommKat22 Posted January 21, 2012 at 04:49 AM Posted January 21, 2012 at 04:49 AM Ok good. I don't want J-man on my neck. Yes that's indeed the point. Why do we assume that as soon as the word cover comes up it's naturally bad? The only way a cover is bad is when it's too similar compared to or worse than the original (although some of you seemed to like when they sound exactly like the orignial. I don't get why though). A good cover is when the song is brought to a new level (prefferably better one) than the original, thus brings new life to the song. Examples of good covers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLVq0IAzh1A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfPZ_HpnIVY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tuTSi6Sck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmwRQqJsegw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiyq2xrSI0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8ekkwgZlY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mM1am2QlKs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfesHDG9i78 Originals to the left, covers to the right. Cover haters, watch and learn.EDIT: I don't mean that the originals above are worse than the covers. They are splendid in ther own ways. The point is a cover is preferably done a bit different than the original. /fred I'm glad you included Eva Cassidy! I love her, but she's only slightly known in the U.S. I bought her very first CD with Chuck Brown, and it just came in the mail today. Sorry, I know that was kind of off-topic haha. Tommy
amelie Posted January 21, 2012 at 09:58 AM Posted January 21, 2012 at 09:58 AM We are going a little bit off topic but I don't know, I never thought that the name Celine was going to suppose that she was going to sing the unknown songs of her repertoire. That name is because it is easier to recognice for the tourists in Vegas. It's simply. "Oh, there is a show.. it is called A New Day". "Yes, it is a Celine Dion Show with dancers and fx, something like Cirque du Soleil..." "Mmmm... Interesting...". Or: "Oh, there is a show... It is called Celine" "Yes, the Celine Dion Show" "Mmmm... Let's go...". But only in few cases: "Oh, there is a show, It is called Celine" "Yes, the Celine Dion show" Mmmm.. Let's go... I hope she sings that 1995 song Just Walk Away and more singles from her first era.. if not.. I will get dissapointed..." Let's talk about numbers: The Colosseum has 4.100 seats, 70 shows during 3 years: that's 861.000 seats to occupied. For example, in this forum we are like 30.000 members? I don't know... but How many of us live in US or have the money to expend in a LV trip... 10.000 members? 15.000? and what do they do with the others 845.000 seats during the three years (or the 5 years). What I'am trying to say is that we are not ALL the fans in the world and we can not pretend to control the Celine career. We only represent the 20% more or less of their market... Finally.. all this thing of LV is: "Let's go to see tonight Cerline, somebody told me that she do I wonderful cover of Mr. paganini, and her Michael Jackson's versions are so beautiful...". And the next logical point is: All that tourist in LV that went to see Celine performing returns home "Darling, I'm going to see if I find that At seventeen version in one of her albums... oh... no... I feel a little bit dissapointed.. I have been searching her last albums but I don't find it... only some other tipical ballads... " So conclusion: Some people will discover Celine, her albums, some will love her and some will feel that wasted their money, some will buy her new album because it contains a wonderful studio version of what they listened and by the way they will discover some new songs of the same type so, from this moment, they will love and buy all her next albums... Let's wait for the new english album, at least, I think this next months are going to be soooo interesting, I'm so excited! Agreed! + i like the songs she(?) chose + i don't think i'll ever go to Vegas anyway Btw I love Eva's take on Over the Rainbow! I also think "I don't know" is as good as "Je sais pas" and Je t'aime encore is better than the french version but the rest attempts to change language have failed imo. What i'd like to see happen as the show evolves is include to the setlist HER personal favorites from HER repertoire and maybe also at some point do a one night only thing (could be a tv special?) of performing such personal favorites in an a new and acoustic way
Bell Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM I know I've said this a 1000 times before, but tracks from new albums are rarely preformed during concerts anymore. Look at Madonna, when she does a tour, it's about the new albumThat's how it should be. Granted, Céline didn't have an album out when Celine started, but she was in showbusiness for 30 freaking years! The setlist I made, showed highlights out of those 30 years, touching only her own songs, of which she should be proud of. I mean; Prince wrote a song for you for crying out loud! POINT IS, I don't care what she records, though I'd prefer original songs, but most of all; THEY SHOULD BE PROUD OF THOSE SONGS, AND PERFORM THEM!!! why even bother recording songs, if you aint bothered to perform them...I agree with you again! 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Bell Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM Just a suggestion: why doesn't she sing her French songs in English?NO! The French masterpieces should never be touched and ruined! 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Javito Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM Posted January 21, 2012 at 11:56 AM NO! The French masterpieces should never be touched and ruined! Besides, she don't even perform the french new songs in her concerts, why be bothered in recording them also in english? "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Recommended Posts