Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted
covers are good to introduce new singers, like she did with The Power Of Love, after that should come original songs

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted
I think we should keep the Titanic OST in a different topic and concentrate here only on the English album, well, unless, the duet will be included in the album as well :doh:

 

 

haha please god no!

Posted
That's probably gonna happen. It happened the first time in 1997, so why not again?

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
But what we can do if there are not news? Because they don't give us any? :shrug:

In fact she used to be different from the rest when she did rare things with her voice, controlling her breath like in Cherche Encore, or like the sounds of instruments she did in the Paris concert of 1995, but that was when she cared about showing off her voice and trying to do different things each time, not only just belting notes (agree with your opinion on this). Today... no more surprises :down:

 

 

I LOVE those random sounds too, SSD'Aimer is full of those.

"no more surprises today" Don't you think with Mr.Paganini she is not showing off her voice with random sounds?

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8BoP8UdG3Q

Posted (edited)
I completely agree with both of you.

 

Back when I was younger I used to thought that Celine legacy and her importance in the music industry was incredible... But by the time I was getting older, I just realized how beyond many other artists she was...

 

She has never done anything new, she's just following the music industry... I mean... Yes, she has an incredible voice, there's no doubt about it, but what she sings and the way she sings it's something we've seen in many other artists. She's the best at it, but it's nothing no one has ever seen before. Look at Ella Fitgzerald, the way she sings scat... She introduce that!!! And now, 60 years later, Celine's doing it in Mr. Pagannini. No words for Aretha, she has done much more in music industry (regarding female singers) than anyone in the last century. Regina Spektor, sneezing, dolphins sounds.... Weird, but new. Feist, her acknowledge of music is amazing, she can do whatever she wants, but once again, it's new stuff. Even Mariah did something different with her whistle singing... Madonna is always a step further of the music industry. She's not good at singing, but she has vision...

 

But Céline has only belted notes for 30 years, but nothing never seen before.

You seem to forget that Celine paved the way and inspired several francophone and non-francophone artists with her indisputable stage presence, her unique and distinctive vocal timbre, her skilled and incredible breath control (cherche encore), her never ending belts that she polishes with skill, force and grace, her incredible ability to play trough notes and create distinctive harmonies such as reproducing the sound of an electric guitar (le ballet), her incredible ability of how she can adapt and modify of her tone with ease from pristine (falling into you/because you loved me/brahms's lullaby, l'amour existe encore) to an angelic, tender sound (the first time i ever saw your face/tell him/ blue christmas) to an edgy, raw sound (that's just the woman in me).

 

She even redefined the entertainment industry in Las Vegas and inspired older singers (Elton John, Cher, Bette Milder) and now singers of her generation such as Shania Twain and Kylie Minogue want to follow her footsteps.

 

To say that she has never done anything new is the epitome of ignorance. -_-

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
To say that she has never done anything new is the epitome of ignorance. -_-

 

This post = best post all month! :thumbsup2:

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
You seem to forget that Celine paved the way and inspired several francophone and non-francophone artists with her indisputable stage presence, her unique and distinctive vocal timbre, her skilled and incredible breath control (cherche encore), her never ending belts that she polishes with skill, force and grace, her incredible ability to play trough notes and create distinctive harmonies such as reproducing the sound of an electric guitar (le ballet), her incredible ability of how she can adapt and modify of her tone with ease from pristine (falling into you/because you loved me/brahms's lullaby, l'amour existe encore) to an angelic, tender sound (the first time i ever saw your face/tell him/ blue christmas) to an edgy, raw sound (that's just the woman in me).

 

She even redefined the entertainment industry in Las Vegas and inspired older singers (Elton John, Cher, Bette Milder) and now singers of her generation such as Shania Twain and Kylie Minogue want to follow her footsteps.

 

To say that she has never done anything new is the epitome of ignorance. -_-

 

I think I'm far from ignorance when refereed to Celine. Since I was 12 it's the thing I know the most.

 

Everything you're saying it's true, yes, but it's not new. Of course she's inspiring to new generations, because she's the best at it, but what she's done is just a "copycat" (though I don't like this word) of other artists. And for example, when you're talking about the hold breath on Cherche encore, the electric guitar (which is quite common to do for some random artists) is not her sign, it's not what she has sell and the people is not gonna remember her for that. She should has explored more in this field, open new doors.

 

Regarding to Las Vegas thing, I think it's nothing to be proud of. Las Vegas is a concept for V.I.P fans. It's only a business and when they talk about that they are thinking with the fans, to give a better show, bla, bla, bla... it's just a lie... I'm really sorry to say this, but I think Vegas is the selfish thing Celine has ever done. Maybe not the first row (maybe here they wanted to take a chance and try something new, not only for the business...), but yes the second time. And I'm the happiest for Celine and her babies, but I would prefer her not to do Las Vegas, focus on her children, and when she felt ready, go on tour, record a CD, etc. I'm not pushing her... just want her to be happy, but be equal with their fans and not only please the ones who can afford a trip to Las Vegas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg

► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/

 

 

Posted
You seem to forget that Celine paved the way and inspired several francophone and non-francophone artists with her indisputable stage presence, her unique and distinctive vocal timbre, her skilled and incredible breath control (cherche encore), her never ending belts that she polishes with skill, force and grace, her incredible ability to play trough notes and create distinctive harmonies such as reproducing the sound of an electric guitar (le ballet), her incredible ability of how she can adapt and modify of her tone with ease from pristine (falling into you/because you loved me/brahms's lullaby, l'amour existe encore) to an angelic, tender sound (the first time i ever saw your face/tell him/ blue christmas) to an edgy, raw sound (that's just the woman in me).

 

She even redefined the entertainment industry in Las Vegas inspiring older singers (Elton John Cher, Bette Milder) and now singers of her generation such as Shania Twain and Kylie Minogue want to follow her footsteps.

 

To say that she has never done anything new is the epitome of ignorance. -_-

 

And i would add on top of all that, that Celine is the only artist that i know of who sings fluently and flawlessly in 5 different languages (and maybe more idk) and practically exempt of any accent!!!!!

 

Now, if that's not doing something new in the music industry...i dont know what is

 

Plus she does sooo many genre of music! She's so versatile, betling notes is not the only thing she does, really not

Posted
And i would add on top of all that, that Celine is the only artist that i know of who sings fluently and flawlessly in 5 different languages (and maybe more idk) and practically exempt of any accent!!!!!

 

Now, if that's not doing something new in the music industry...i dont know what is

 

Plus she does sooo many genre of music! She's so versatile, betling notes is not the only thing she does, really not

 

Also Opera singers sings in 5 languages or more and they're more or less able to speak them, not only pronounce it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg

► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/

 

 

Posted
You seem to forget that Celine paved the way and inspired several francophone and non-francophone artists with her indisputable stage presence, her unique and distinctive vocal timbre, her skilled and incredible breath control (cherche encore), her never ending belts that she polishes with skill, force and grace, her incredible ability to play trough notes and create distinctive harmonies such as reproducing the sound of an electric guitar (le ballet), her incredible ability of how she can adapt and modify of her tone with ease from pristine (falling into you/because you loved me/brahms's lullaby, l'amour existe encore) to an angelic, tender sound (the first time i ever saw your face/tell him/ blue christmas) to an edgy, raw sound (that's just the woman in me).

 

She even redefined the entertainment industry in Las Vegas and inspired older singers (Elton John, Cher, Bette Milder) and now singers of her generation such as Shania Twain and Kylie Minogue want to follow her footsteps.

 

To say that she has never done anything new is the epitome of ignorance. -_-

 

 

well said :flowers:

Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
I can't believe some of you call yourselves Céline fans. Why are you even here? I don't get it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Posted
I think I'm far from ignorance when refereed to Celine. Since I was 12 it's the thing I know the most.

 

Everything you're saying it's true, yes, but it's not new. Of course she's inspiring to new generations, because she's the best at it, but what she's done is just a "copycat" (though I don't like this word) of other artists. And for example, when you're talking about the hold breath on Cherche encore, the electric guitar (which is quite common to do for some random artists) is not her sign, it's not what she has sell and the people is not gonna remember her for that. She should has explored more in this field, open new doors.

 

Regarding to Las Vegas thing, I think it's nothing to be proud of. Las Vegas is a concept for V.I.P fans. It's only a business and when they talk about that they are thinking with the fans, to give a better show, bla, bla, bla... it's just a lie... I'm really sorry to say this, but I think Vegas is the selfish thing Celine has ever done. Maybe not the first row (maybe here they wanted to take a chance and try something new, not only for the business...), but yes the second time. And I'm the happiest for Celine and her babies, but I would prefer her not to do Las Vegas, focus on her children, and when she felt ready, go on tour, record a CD, etc. I'm not pushing her... just want her to be happy, but be equal with their fans and not only please the ones who can afford a trip to Las Vegas.

 

 

This post = best post all month! :thumbsup2:

Posted (edited)

Je crois pas, mon pote. Mais c'est pas horriblement dit.

 

Just because some fans cannot afford to see Celine as much as they like, doesn't mean that it was a bad business decision. I get so tired of people saying that. People act like the US is an island and that Nevada is in everyone's back yard. It's not. And airfare to cross the country can cost as much as flying to another country. I agree that she's given up part of her artistry with Vegas, but to say that Celine's done nothing unique in her entire career is a gross error of opinion.

Edited by Alex_Incognito

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)
Je crois pas, mon pote. Mais c'est pas horriblement dit.

 

Just because some fans cannot afford to see Celine as much as they like, doesn't mean that it was a bad business decision. I get so tired of people saying that. People act like the US is an island and that Nevada is in everyone's back yard. It's not. And airfare to cross the country can cost as much as flying to another country. I agree that she's given up part of her artistry with Vegas, but to say that Celine's done nothing unique in her entire career is a gross error of opinion.

 

We weren't talking about business decisions but about artistic innovation and legacy...

maybe you should reconsider where the error of opinion is ;)

Edited by amelie
Posted
We weren't talking about business decisions but about artistic innovation and legacy...

maybe you should reconsider where the error of opinion is ;)

 

I did reconsider just for you, and came to the came conclusion. :blink:

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)
I think I'm far from ignorance when refereed to Celine. Since I was 12 it's the thing I know the most.

 

Everything you're saying it's true, yes, but it's not new. Of course she's inspiring to new generations, because she's the best at it, but what she's done is just a "copycat" (though I don't like this word) of other artists. And for example, when you're talking about the hold breath on Cherche encore, the electric guitar (which is quite common to do for some random artists) is not her sign, it's not what she has sell and the people is not gonna remember her for that. She should has explored more in this field, open new doors.

 

Regarding to Las Vegas thing, I think it's nothing to be proud of. Las Vegas is a concept for V.I.P fans. It's only a business and when they talk about that they are thinking with the fans, to give a better show, bla, bla, bla... it's just a lie... I'm really sorry to say this, but I think Vegas is the selfish thing Celine has ever done. Maybe not the first row (maybe here they wanted to take a chance and try something new, not only for the business...), but yes the second time. And I'm the happiest for Celine and her babies, but I would prefer her not to do Las Vegas, focus on her children, and when she felt ready, go on tour, record a CD, etc. I'm not pushing her... just want her to be happy, but be equal with their fans and not only please the ones who can afford a trip to Las Vegas.

You said that the only thing she did during during the past 30 years was belting notes which is totally false.

 

Like I mentioned above, Celine's shown and incredible ability to adapt and modify of her tone with ease from pristine (falling into you/because you loved me/brahms's lullaby, l'amour existe encore) to an angelic, tender sound (the first time i ever saw your face/tell him/ blue christmas) to an edgy, raw sound (that's just the woman in me).

 

Not forget that she revolutionized the entertainment industry in Las Vegas and since then other singers have followed/want to follow her footsteps. That's what I call an artistic innovation.

 

Also Opera singers sings in 5 languages or more and they're more or less able to speak them, not only pronounce it...

They don't have the ability to adapt and modify their tone with ease from pristine and tender to raw and edgy.

 

And i would add on top of all that, that Celine is the only artist that i know of who sings fluently and flawlessly in 5 different languages (and maybe more idk) and practically exempt of any accent!!!!!

 

Now, if that's not doing something new in the music industry...i dont know what is

 

Plus she does sooo many genre of music! She's so versatile, betling notes is not the only thing she does, really not

Actually she has sung fluently and flawlessly in 6 different languages. :)

 

french

english

german

italian

japanese

spanish

 

Not many Pop singers have achieved such a feat.

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted (edited)
They don't have the ability to adapt and modify their tone with ease from pristine and tender to raw and edgy.

 

They don't try to...

 

(why do i bother, excuse me... continue your fest)

Edited by amelie
Posted
You said that the only thing she did during during the past 30 years was belting notes which is totally false.

 

Like I mentioned above, Celine's shown and incredible ability to adapt and modify of her tone with ease from pristine (falling into you/because you loved me/brahms's lullaby, l'amour existe encore) to an angelic, tender sound (the first time i ever saw your face/tell him/ blue christmas) to an edgy, raw sound (that's just the woman in me).

 

Not forget that she revolutionized the entertainment industry in Las Vegas and since then other singers have followed/want to follow her footsteps. That's what I call an artistic innovation.

They don't have the ability to adapt and modify their tone with ease from pristine and tender to raw and edgy.

Actually she has sung fluently and flawlessly in 6 different languages. :)

 

french

english

german

italian

japanese

spanish

 

Not many Pop singers have achieved such a feat.

 

Your post is just a repetition of what you have said, so it's just pointless to re-answer it again. Just to finnish, I was talking about music legacy, not business legacy. If you want we can discuss about how great they're in economy in another topic (in which they're really good having tax heaven in Switzerland), this is about her voice and her music.

 

And to sing 3 songs in Spanish, 2 in German, few lines in Italian and 2 songs in Japanese doesn't make you a Legend...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg

► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/

 

 

Posted (edited)

I think you should re-read my post. I wasn't talking about business legacy at all but about her impact/influence as a performer and an entertainer which are also part of her legacy as an artist just like her incredible singing skills.

 

Anyway, any concrete news about the new English album? Such as confirmed songs, confirmed producers, release date? ;)

 

I can't seem to find anything in this messy topic.

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

some of the posts have nothing to do with Celine's new album :huh:

Lets not argue, have a posotive attitude 2wards the album :)

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
Good god this is getting out of hand. We're here for one reason and that's because we like Celine. This thread is about the new english album. Can we change our focus and be somewhat positive with what's coming.
Posted (edited)
i'm positive about the album no matter what Edited by amelie
Posted
I'm positive about it. I don't care what she sings. I don't care if it has a great lead single. I don't care if the album doesn't go to the top of the Billboard charts. I just want to have an album of new recordings to listen to. YAY! GO CELINE!!!! And I hope I don't have to wait longer than May. :)
Posted
This is NOT the complaining thread, if u want to complain....... Go make another topic -_-

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
Even though I think pepillo90 is coming across as a bit harsh, I still tend to agree generally about his points. Celine really hasn't ever done anything that I would call "groundbreaking" or "trend-setting." She's a wonderful singer who's enjoyed more success than most other artists will ever achieve, which in itself is something, but she's a follower, not a leader. Her Vegas shows are probably the closest thing to trend-setting she's come because lots of other artists have followed suit, but she's not the first show Las Vegas has ever seen, just the most successful music artist. Anyway, Celine is definitely special though, she's still legend status just because of her success and her legacy to the music world.
Posted

Her single Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore is trend setting - it opened the flood gates to younger generations of Dion's fans at that time, to listen to more French music. How many here can say that their love of French music, has in some way, shape or form, been increased due to their love of Celine? Her album Deux is the best-selling French language album in a number of English countries.

 

I for one, most certainly CAN. She has done SO much for French music, and her homeland of Quebec. Add in her record breaking success, inimitable vocal technique, Las Vegas innovation - and you get an innovative artist.

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted
She's the ONLY person to be world-wide famous from everyone who has won the eurovision! NO ONE else has become that successful

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
She's the ONLY person to be world-wide famous from everyone who has won the eurovision! NO ONE else has become that successful

 

ABBA are equally-famous Eurovision winners, and have sold more records. :whistling:

Posted

Do we really need people to recognize her legacy or not?? Who cares !!! Rolling Stone have said nothing good about her... And so??? :doh: We love her, we've been inspired by her (as many other singers have been too) and SHE IS A LEGEND !!! Maria Callas did nothing new in opera either, however she is a legend too... So...

Anyway, let's please leave this topic to the NEW ENGLISH ALBUM and if we want to carry on with this discussion or any other discussion that has nothing to do with news about the album, let's create a new topic or let's talk on the Celine Career topic instead !!! :flowers:

Posted
ABBA are equally-famous Eurovision winners, and have sold more records. :whistling:

 

OH wow TWO, :P

My point still there, people respect Celine because she went big when it was harder to get recognised plus being french and to just have learned english and on top that she was canadian

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...