Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

http://ocio.laopiniondemurcia.es/cine/noti...titanic-3d.html

 

EFE / MADRID Spanish tenor Placido Domingo reinterprets the theme of "Titanic," "My Heart Will Go On", along with Celine Dion, for new editions to be published on the soundtrack of the film by James Cameron reason for their release in 3D on 4 April.

 

Sony Classical released on March 25 two new editions of the original soundtrack (OST) of the movie "Titanic Anniversary Edition" and "Titanic Anniversary Collector's Edition".

 

The first, which includes a booklet of 12 pages in full color, plus four stickers "vintage" to stick on the bags, consists of a CD with the soundtrack remastered, and other, unpublished, recorded music by I Salonisti, the orchestra playing in the film, as well as Dion duet with Domingo.

 

The "Titanic Anniversary Collector's Edition" are 4 CDs in addition to the booklet and stickers. The first disc is the remastered soundtrack, the second the soundtrack to "Back To Titanic" remastered, the third "I Salonisti" with the Domingo-Dion duet, and the fourth is popular music from the period of "Titanic".

 

The film's soundtrack has sold since its launch in 1997 more than 26 million copies worldwide, "Back To Titanic" three million and the song "My Heart Will Go On", more than six million.

 

The new edition of the film, produced to coincide with the centenary of the sinking of the ship, will premiere in London on April 4.

 

The protagonists of the film, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, along with Celine Dion will participate in presentations and documents relating to the premiere of the movie.

Edited by J-Man
http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted
Thank you so much for this indo Celine fan 77!!!

Elke begin is moeilik.

 

Duitse gesegde

Posted
Thank you J-Man!! :clap: :clap:

Elke begin is moeilik.

 

Duitse gesegde

Posted

with Plácido Domingo??? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Bring it on spaniards!!!!! :clap: :clap: :kicking: :clap:

 

Thanks for the news! :flowers:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
CELINE WILL RE-RECORD "MY HEART WILL GO ON" WITH SPANISH TENOR PLÁCIDO DOMINGO FOR THE SOUNDTRACK OF TITANIC 3D, AVAILABLE ON MARCH 25!!!!

Hope it will work out. Don't get me wrong, he is a big name in music but...as we've already said, Celine keeps doing duets only with...elderly people.

16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Posted

well we always knew she liked doing things with elderly people :whistling:

 

There is actually a topic about Titanic 2012 here, where this is already being discussed. Guess we should keep this separate. Hopefully this song isn't going to be on the new English album anyway. I am intrigued by it, but only as part of the Titanic centenary.

 

Titanic Anniversary (2012)

http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png

Posted
Thnak you for interesting info, I´m curious on new duet version.
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted (edited)

I guess by now we all know what her first single of the new album will be - a cover, although one from herself;-)

 

so that brings us to:

 

1. Open Arms

2. Lullaby

3. At Seventeen

4. New Me Quitte Pas

5. Mr Paganini

6. Always be your girl

7. My heart will go on duet

 

8. new song

9. new song

10 new song

 

 

 

considering the new albums don't have 17 tracks anymore, I think 4 new songs... ( my heart will go on not included, which would make it 5)

By the way, having heard the Vegas version she should redo her song Where Does my heart beat now maybe?

Edited by browseceline
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
Who ever said she was going to include Lullaby and Mr. Paganini on the album'? :huh:

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
I think they will ruin everything now! I'm sad
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
I would have choosed someone else but I love the duet with Pavarotti, so lets wait. How can they come out with such as duets? I could have never think of Placido Domingo for this, never.. I think it is good promotion, but someone younger maybe...
Posted

Finally some news!

 

And yes as I said before I think MHWGO will be on the new album. This new version will most likely be there.

 

But... another old man duet. Humm... It could work out really well but I really don't like her duet with Pavarotti. I wish she recorded that song as solo instead. She would sound wonderful on Never never never.

 

And yes as someone pointed out already her voice is great now. It will sound wonderful on these classy tunes she's recording. But who sais Mr Pagannini would be there?! And wasn't the Seduces Me creator working on this album aswell?

 

Again, I am really looking forward to Ne Me Quiettes Pas. Hope it's better than her live version though. Don't get me wrong, her voice is great, her vibrato is wonderful. But it seems a bit as she runs through it, in a hurry.

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted (edited)

Why can't they just leave well enough alone? Don't rework a classic. This would be like trying to remake the classic film Casablanca, it just wouldn't work.

 

Edit: There are some classics that can be reworked. But not ones that are etched in time as being titled "one of the greatest ever" This song almost didn't happen in the first place and ended up making a HUGE explosion. They should just leave it. It will never have that same impact as it did in 1997.

Edited by CelinesDIVO5

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
i think they she could rerecord it or do another song even as a duet but MHWGO should not be touched especially by herself again and as a duet! It doesn't really matter if Placido Domingo is a good or bad singer but he isn't needed for this song! I don't know who is coming up with this stupid ideas
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted
Thanks 4 the info! :D hope it works out!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
I'm 90% sure this was one of the reasons (if not the only one) why James Horner met Celine a week ago in Vegas.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
with Plácido Domingo??? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Bring it on spaniards!!!!! :clap: :clap: :kicking: :clap:

 

Thanks for the news! :flowers:

 

 

 

!!!!We continue toasting in the Spanish forum!!!!!

 

This is an unforeseen state of hapiness :-D

"Céline Dion, la mejor voz que he escuchado en mi vida.

INMEJORABLE VOZ,INMEJORABLE CANTANTE, INMEJORABLE CALIDAD HUMANA,esa es Celine".

*Adoro a Celine*

 

"Céline Dion, It´s the best voice i`ve heard in my life.

UNSURPASSABLE VOICE, UNSURPASSABLE SINGER, UNSURPASSABLE HUMAN QUALITY" this is Céline.

*I Love Céline*

 

http://picturestack.com/905/414/m7DSinttuloof2p.png

Posted (edited)
i think they she could rerecord it or do another song even as a duet but MHWGO should not be touched especially by herself again and as a duet! It doesn't really matter if Placido Domingo is a good or bad singer but he isn't needed for this song! I don't know who is coming up with this stupid ideas

I also can't see "My Heart Will Go On" as a duet, sorry. I agree with you 100%. If this is the reason why James Horner was supposedly asked to meet with Celine in Vegas, then I think it would be better if they left MHWGO alone, it is perfect just as it is, and instead cooperated again but on a number of other ORIGINAL songs, the more the better. :yes:

We know what he's capable of in terms of creating music. Pure magic.

Edited by Jeff Abbott
Posted
I also can't see "My Heart Will Go On" as a duet, sorry. I agree with you 100%. If this is the reason why James Horner was supposedly asked to meet with Celine in Vegas, then I think it would be better if they left MHWGO alone, it is perfect just as it is, and instead cooperated again but on a number of other ORIGINAL songs, the more the better. :yes:

We know what he's capable of in terms of creating music. Pure magic.

 

Yes indeed! I don't know what is going on in those minds?????? James Horner is capable of making beautiful songs. I can't see him coming to Vegas just for some duet-cover of my heart will go on... the idea only... it sounds indeed like a April Fools joke!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)
Yes indeed! I don't know what is going on in those minds?????? James Horner is capable of making beautiful songs. I can't see him coming to Vegas just for some duet-cover of my heart will go on... the idea only... it sounds indeed like a April Fools joke!

Who would have guessed that one day MHWGO will have its official duet version? :sick: :sick: :sick: Yes, I know we are yet to hear it and we shouldn't give our opinions on something that doesn't even exist yet but still re-recording her own signature song as a duet, no matter with whom, is a BAD BAD BAD idea.

Edited by Jeff Abbott
Posted
thank you

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CelineFan710/11_perform_gown-pg-horizontal.jpg

Celine is my idol

Posted
well we always knew she liked doing things with elderly people :whistling:

 

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread for quite some time, and reading everyone's opinions on this new album has been very interesting. I agree with pretty much all that's been said so far, good and bad. For me personally it's not about Celine doing covers or not caring about making albums because there's no money to be made. We don't know for sure how she feels about these things. And THAT is my problem with her these days. She claims to be an open book to her fans (and the rest of the world), but why don't we hear her sing about how she really feels? There has to be more to her than her babies! That's all she's been talking about for the last 10 years. If she was just any other celebrity, I wouldn't care. But I fell in love with her music because it moved something deep inside of me. And that has not happened with her latest English recordings. The last believeable song was "My Love", but she ruined it by crying EVERY time. I just don't buy it, sorry. And now she's doing it with NMQP. I do believe those songs meant something to her initially, but it cannot still make you cry when you have to sing it almost every night. In the past, I believed every word she was singing. That's what took her to the top: the emotion.

There were covers that she was able to make her own, like TPOL or ABM. There were songs written by others that she could identify with and put her heart in, like BYLM. And there were a few songs people wrote specifically for her, like ML or ANDHC. The important thing is that she made you believe the words she sang! Nowadays, with her random covers and song choices, I don't know. Even if "Mr Paganini" is a great song, what does it say about her? How does she connect to "How do you keep the music playing"? I for my part want to learn more about Celine the woman through her music. Why can't she work again with people like Diane Warren or Linda Perry? Or better still, write songs herself! We all know she can do it. There are things not even the best songwriter in the world can say LIKE YOU, Celine!

I could easily wait 10 years for an album that tells me how Celine felt when Rene got sick, how much she misses her dad, or how she feels knowing Rene won't be around forever. Show us your heart, Celine! Don't just be an actress singing forgettable songs in the desert. Be the artist you truly are!!!

 

A fan.

Posted (edited)

:clap: :clap:

I hope she drinks a cup of coffee before getting in the recording studio...

 

For people who complain about this news... Would have you prefered she ignored completely the 10th anniversary of the biggest movie/song of all time?!

 

I think it would be better if they left MHWGO alone, it is perfect just as it is
You know jeff the original song wont disappear when they release this new version... Edited by zuv
Posted
i say leave a CLASSIC BEE! why re-record a song that she will forever be known by, makes no sense
Posted
i say leave a CLASSIC BEE! why re-record a song that she will forever be known by, makes no sense

 

I completely agree. The song should not be touched.

 

She needs to focus on a fresh, new album.

Posted
What with the news of My Heart Will Go On being re-recorded as a duet with Placido Domingo, i just thought of something... wouldn't be awesome if Celine collaborated with Il Volo (new song or cover)?

6 May 2008 - London, England / 15 May 2019 - Las Vegas, USA / 3 June 2023 - Nicosia, Cyprus

Posted
:clap: :clap:

I hope she drinks a cup of coffee before getting in the recording studio...

 

For people who complain about this news... Would have you prefered she ignored completely the 10th anniversary of the biggest movie/song of all time?!

 

You know jeff the original song wont disappear when they release this new version...

Yes, I know that, :) but still for me personally MHWGO should remain a song performed by Celine only (just my opinion). With Horner on-board, I'd rather hear new songs similar in style to TYLAT. Now that would be a real treat!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...