Jump to content

New English Album - "Water and a Flame" (Pre-Release Thread Part 1)


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

blabla about ne me quittes pas again..blabla about at seventeen.....and some news about Rene in that movie Omerta. Celine we want NEW STUFF? if there is news about the NEW SONGS.. I am happy to hear it

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
Maybe we should just be patient, remember, once it's out we will probably wait another 5+ years for a new (english) album.

 

lol :sofunny: I REALLY hope not, but u have a good point!

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted
I accept that she wants (or HER TEAM WANTS HER TO DO) an "evening-gown" album with a classic style, ok, that's nice, but it's Celine Dion!! After two years and half as a fan of hers I learnt a lot of things and all that, but SHE HAS TO COME BACK WITH A MODERN ALBUM!! C'mon Celine, why don't you do this?? It's not that hard! Just call your friends Shakira and Beyoncé (with whom you have performed in the past) and let them teach you a couple of things here and there. (I'm not talking about the voice or the technique, I'm talking about ways to get a name again)

 

I can see Celine topping the charts again with a power ballad, just like Adele is doing right now in the UK, Celine should do all over the world!!

 

You know Carlos, I've been almost agreed with everything you've said in the past, but saying she needs to learn something from Beyonce or Shakira like to get a name again?? :( Sorry, I don't think this is right :nono:

Posted
lol :sofunny: I REALLY hope not, but u have a good point!

 

Can't wait which covers will be on that album! Can't wait ! :sofunny:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
You know Carlos, I've been almost agreed with everything you've said in the past, but saying she needs to learn something from Beyonce or Shakira like to get a name again?? :( Sorry, I don't think this is right :nono:

 

To be honest, around newyear there was a concert of Beyonce on television. But it was only about sexy movies, r&b tracks you can only dance on and her voice was not that spectacular to me. But I get the point; Celine needs songs like Halo. Shakira is in my opinion soooooo overrated; she is not really singing with her own voice but she forces that sound she produces - it it like you try to imitate someones voice you do something with your voice. I bet when she sings with her own voice, without the trick she does, she sounds waaaaaay different. I don;t like it and she is not a good singer at all. Only if you are interested in her body you might get what you want if you visit her concerts.

I just listened to What If by Kate Winslet.. now that is a song in Celine's league.. Celine we want - or at least I want - songs Like these! not songs like - at last - which I always skip..

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
I think Celine know waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Shakira or Beyonce

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted (edited)

My son gives me such a hard time for listening to Celine. I tell him listen to Beyonce without looking at her. Forget the oiled skin and waving hair and flashing boobs etc and just appreciate the tone and range of her voice. He then makes a face and admits that she's not great:)

 

Not great is putting it very mildly, she is flat, off key and has no range worth speaking of. I won't even comment on Shakira as she sounds like someone is half strangling her. They put on a great spectacle I'm sure and entertain millions in this way but even if you take "Eyes On Me" from Taking Chances which many have said is a rip off of Shakira. That may well be the case if it were not for the fact that Celine can sing at a level that Shakira can only dream of. Celine is seperated from all this mediocrity by possessing one of the best voices in music history. I read no reviews of Taking Chances, just popped it in the car cd player and loved it more and more with each listen. That's pop, that's a voice, that's talent.

Edited by Ronan
Posted
Thats not news, that was to be expected... Celine fans are used to it now! lol

 

Haha, yes. It's a wierd tradition.

 

BTW, we should expect a new single in early February or around Valentine's Day (i.e. we got 'Et S'il N'en Restait Qu'une' on Valentine's Day and 'D'Elles' on May).

 

What if the first single around Valentine's Day is a rerelease MHWGO! :ermm:

 

/fred

Peace and love to all.
Posted (edited)
Exactly !! :yes: I don't think Carlos was talking about their way of singing or their talent of course... Even tho I think Shakira has written a lot of great songs in her earlier years, when she wasn't yet known on the english-spoken markets, her music sounds more cheap with every new album she releases nowadays IMO :shrug: And I absolutely don't think Celine "needs" that to "get a name again" since she has her own name and that's why sooooo many people goes to every show/concert she's in :flowers: She's never been "cool", but she's respected and that's what really matters to her and her team I think ^_^ Edited by ferjaacu
Posted
My son gives me such a hard time for listening to Celine. I tell him listen to Beyonce without looking at her. Forget the oiled skin and waving hair and flashing boobs etc and just appreciate the tone and range of her voice. He then makes a face and admits that she's not great:)

 

Not great is putting it very mildly, she is flat, off key and has no range worth speaking of. I won't even comment on Shakira as she sounds like someone is half strangling her. They put on a great spectacle I'm sure and entertain millions in this way but even if you take "Eyes On Me" from Taking Chances which many have said is a rip off of Shakira. That may well be the case if it were not for the fact that Celine can sing at a level that Shakira can only dream of. Celine is seperated from all this mediocrity by possessing one of the best voices in music history. I read no reviews of Taking Chances, just popped it in the car cd player and loved it more and more with each listen. That's pop, that's a voice, that's talent.

 

 

hahaha soooo spot on! I agree Beyonce has the xfactor but not in terms of her voice. Although she has done some great songs, and not saying she is a bad singer at all.. but she is definately an example of the MTV generation that listens to R&B only and think that sexy moves,boobs, dirty lyrics and short skirts or less is cool! well this is the kind of music that maybe nice for your night at the danceclub, but it is easily forgotten.

And your comment on Shakira is even funnier! half strangled :sofunny: But you are sooo true!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

i don't know what to say when i read all this, sometimes i think Celine don't like to sing anymore :-( but i don't believe that, i think it's the whole team arround her or René who doesn't want anymore i don't know what to think anymore it is all so confusing

sometimes i think common Celine put your fist on the table and say this is what i want this is what i want to sing i want something new and fresh but the thing is Celine has nothing to prove anymore she has everything

Posted (edited)

LOL!!!! LOL!!!!

 

Why am I not surprised with this re-re-re-re-recycled news?

 

And while I'm glad she's recording "At 17", I am disappointed they're using Babyface's talents for a cover.

Edited by Alex_Incognito

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
''the best is yet to come'' so far I'm yet to see what that means... a tad dissapointing, but maybe just maybe we will be pleasantly surprised in the coming months, I'm hoping anyways :)
Posted
Exactly !! I don't think Carlos was talking about their way of singing or their talent of course... Even tho I think Shakira has written a lot of great songs in her earlier years, when she wasn't yet known on the english-spoken markets, her music sounds more cheap with every new album she releases nowadays IMO And I absolutely don't think Celine "needs" that to "get a name again" since she has her own name and that's why sooooo many people goes to every show/concert she's in She's never been "cool", but she's respected and that's what really matters to her and her team I think

 

ok, I'll try to explain my point of view a bit better: I've recently become a fan of both Beyonce and Shakira. Each one is unbeatable in her own style, both of them are about to become living legends of pop. Of course Shakira has written magnificent songs over the years, in fact I grew up listening to her (her music has always been very popular in my family). And I also think that even still today she creates amazing music, incredible songs, not only ballads with that latino heat into them, but also fun and great uptempo songs. In 2009, she released her She Wolf album which is mainly full of uptempo songs, very radio friendly and commercial music, which by the way doesn't mean that it doesn't come from the heart. Then in 2010, she released Sale el Sol (The Sun Comes Out) which is totally different, mainly full of ballads. So I don't really agree with you when you say that her music has become cheaper. And I admit I used to think the same way as you before becoming a fan of hers, but now I can see that the artist is still there.

 

hahaha soooo spot on! I agree Beyonce has the xfactor but not in terms of her voice. Although she has done some great songs, and not saying she is a bad singer at all.. but she is definately an example of the MTV generation that listens to R&B only and think that sexy moves,boobs, dirty lyrics and short skirts or less is cool! well this is the kind of music that maybe nice for your night at the danceclub, but it is easily forgotten.

And your comment on Shakira is even funnier! half strangled But you are sooo true!

 

I think Beyonce is another example of talent, hard work (she works more than Celine in her albums, in her videos, in her songs, she produces, she writes, she designs her stages, her outfits...) What you said about her voice is very subjective, no singer's voice can please everybody. And what's that MTV generation? Maybe I am a part of that generation, and I think I'm also an example that we can see the difference between good music and pointless songs. And I think all the sexy moves she does when she is performing onstage, what's the problem? I mean, people enjoy even more, it's part of her show. She takes advantage of her hot body just like Celine takes advantage of her amazing legs. It's the same.

 

I hope I did not offend anyone, I'm just defending the things that I see, the things that I believe. :)

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
No Carlos, I don't think you have offended anybody cause you're always very polite and you're just trying to explain your point of view and to express your opinions, and that's ok :flowers: I still think you're wrong thou :P But let's not take this conversation any farther... :thumbsup2:
Posted (edited)
While I do like Beyonce very much and think she is a great performer and committed to her career, I don't believe she does everything she says. It seems to me nowadays more singers claim to write and produce their songs, when they sometimes don't even play an instrument or are not very good at it (though I'm not sure is a necessary requirement to do songs), so to me its a marketing strategy. Furthermore, stage design? Seriously! Are they engineers? Can they make a budget and plan the logistics implied with a given stage? Edited by bgcalde
Posted
It's pretty much easier for her, she just draws her idea of the stage she wants and I suppose tells her team the materials that are needed... etc I'm talking about Shakira.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted
Angelil declined to discuss specifics about the other recording. The album title has not been determined, he said.

 

Oh oh what a shocking surprise! Why I am not surprised to read this lately from them?? :P

 

:confused:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

You know what Beyonce does?

SHE TRIES TOO HARD!

And as for Shakira..............she's out of the scene

Simple.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg

 

Follow Me On TUMBLR:

Celinedion4ever

Posted

When a new album is coming up, it would only be normal to tease the fans about the project, ie. producers, duets, songwriters, etc. But what do we get from René??? Oh, At Seventeen has been recorded, Ne me quitte pas will be on the album, oh, and Open Arms too.

WOW what a teaser from René, 3 lovely covers... :giggle: I think René should take a back seat from now on...

Posted
AND 3 covers we already heard before... Can't wait!!!! :rolleyes:
Posted (edited)

The first thing that needs to be done by them is setting the FINAL release date for this album and stick to that no matter what. Let them set a date that would be more REALISTIC. Otherwise it is simply disrespectful for the fans who are still waiting to hear something new (either covers or original compositions).

 

We all know we have no impact on Rene's decisions as to what material will be on the album so it is best to just accept this whole cover-obsession thing and move on. When the album is out we'll have a chance to either praise or criticise it. It's hard to do it when we have so little information available.

Edited by Jeff Abbott
Posted
Maybe they're getting the covers out of the way so the rest of it can be a surprise? Would you rather know the covers on the album now and have something left to the imagination, or know all the suprises now only to be disappointed when the album comes out that there's a bunch of covers?
Posted
Maybe they're getting the covers out of the way so the rest of it can be a surprise? Would you rather know the covers on the album now and have something left to the imagination, or know all the suprises now only to be disappointed when the album comes out that there's a bunch of covers?

I think that there's no way Rene drops the idea of recording covers for the upcoming album (there's only a question of how many of them will be chosen), though I'd like to be surprised to hear that in the end only original compositions made the final cut :yes: :yes: :yes: .

Posted
52 ALBUM!? Is he serious!? LOL Sure, if you include things like "Mon ami" and "The French Love Album" and every edition of ML ever put out!

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)

Surely some of the producers must be disappointed when they realize that the song they are working on Celine with is a cover rather than original material? Remember the team she worked with on "Alone"? They were initially disappointed when they realized it would be a cover they were working on until they were given assurances they could put their own take on the song. Celine can obviously attract the good writers and producers to still work with her so it just seems such a shame to waste everyones talents on yet more covers.

 

They've been away from the music scene for so long now and they have chosen the first half of this year to come back with new material - the same time as many of Celine's so called rivals are coming back with new music too. If, as it looks to be the case, this is going to be a cover driven album (again) Celine will sadly be lost in amongst all of the fresh new material her peers are releasing at the same time.

 

So much potential looking like it'll be lost again.

Edited by Shaun

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
Most of us think the same way, but there's always hope while the album isn't released.

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted

52 albums? . . . I own 17... Boy am I behind! lol! I can't believe Babyface is doing the cover :(

 

This topic is about CELINE's album. Let's please try to keep it that way?

 

I really want to hear more about the album!!! It's supposedly coming out really soon but yet we only hear about the same things? I feel like maybe they're not making any progress. Why else would they not say anything about it? And I'm pretty sure the single will be one of the three covers. :wacko: I think we might get more news after January 31st, yes?

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/c162f14a9595ca5d0be775a79a3775ff.gif

 

"Live, for the one I love. Love, as no one has loved. Give, asking nothing in return. And love, until love wears me away.

I'll die, and I know my love will stay. And I know, I know, my love will stay."

Posted
52 albums? . . . I own 17... Boy am I behind! lol! I can't believe Babyface is doing the cover :(

 

This topic is about CELINE's album. Let's please try to keep it that way?

 

I really want to hear more about the album!!! It's supposedly coming out really soon but yet we only hear about the same things? I feel like maybe they're not making any progress. Why else would they not say anything about it? And I'm pretty sure the single will be one of the three covers. :wacko: I think we might get more news after January 31st, yes?

Anyone who hopes for February release of the first single off the new album, I'm telling you NOT A CHANCE. If they continue working on the album at that pace, I'm quite sure we can expect the English album being pushed for autumn release (since she's in Vegas from June 9 to August 19). I don't even want to mention the French album and when we're going to get it.

Posted
^ I didn't say anything about the feb release?

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/c162f14a9595ca5d0be775a79a3775ff.gif

 

"Live, for the one I love. Love, as no one has loved. Give, asking nothing in return. And love, until love wears me away.

I'll die, and I know my love will stay. And I know, I know, my love will stay."

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...