LuisMa Posted May 22, 2013 at 09:51 PM Posted May 22, 2013 at 09:51 PM I agree that if they want to stretch the album's life the most they can or towards the start of the mini tour, they should act now and release a fourth single. The video for it could wait a bit, as you say, so they can test the waters. Quote
Del Posted May 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM Posted May 22, 2013 at 10:13 PM But who am I? A fan hoping that they make the right decisions about single/album releases. 2 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
Javito Posted May 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM Posted May 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM I don't even care at this point if they will do more videos or not, but I do want a 4th single released from this álbum pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase (and another single to collect )! And it can be Sans Attendre, much better, that song really needs to be played and promoted in radios! 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted May 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM Posted May 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM I don't even care at this point if they will do more videos or not, but I do want a 4th single released from this álbum pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase (and another single to collect )! And it can be Sans Attendre, much better, that song really needs to be played and promoted in radios! Yes, but sans the sans, Javis. J/K and you're right. 2 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 23, 2013 at 06:31 AM Posted May 23, 2013 at 06:31 AM Ermmmm no... TR - no music videoTH - cheap in studio videoMHWGO - cheap green screen videoI - cheap in studio video, later the real one was madeTHLAL - live video So the only real video is Immortality I think they should act quick before people loose their attention again, if they havent already! QPVSA simple isnt working! So they should release a new single asap! Hopefully Attendre! And if that catches on, Céline kan still make a quick video for it (or even use recording footage with the photoshoot footage).... But who am I? Actually there is a music video for 'The Reason'; the footage is from the recording session 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Davey84 Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:29 AM Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:29 AM I don't think the recording sessions of The Reason was ever really officially released as music video, Carlos! Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:18 AM Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:18 AM (edited) I don't think the recording sessions of The Reason was ever really officially released as music video, Carlos! Check it out: Edited May 23, 2013 at 09:24 AM by Celine Fan 77 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
destin139 Posted May 23, 2013 at 05:40 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 05:40 PM I've just been reading up on the sales for the album... (sorry if the figures have been posted, I didn't have the strength to trawl through 158 pages!) I'm still absolutely stoked that Celine can still pretty "easily" (for want of a better word) shift over a million copies of an album. Yes I know that her French albums tend to sell better than her English ones now, but in a time when music seems to be as much about the gimmicks and tricks and effects as it is about vocal, musical and lyrical talent, I'm chuffed that she's still got the ability to shift the records. Although maybe that's just because I'm from England where the general consensus is that Celine is a bit corny nowadays :/ Quote http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww171/destin139/Celine2.jpg
Javito Posted May 23, 2013 at 05:45 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 05:45 PM (edited) Although maybe that's just because I'm from England where the general consensus is that Celine is a bit corny nowadays :/ Not only in your country I'm afraid . That's why I've said a gazillion times that Céline needs urgently a regeneration in her production team inside the studio, who provides new ideas to make her music sound fresh and modern. She needs another album in the style of ANDHC or One Heart before its too late (and she's 45). But recording songs like At Seventeen, Overjoyed, or Climb Every Mountain won't help to change the idea that many public has of her as "corny" or "old-fashioned". Edited May 23, 2013 at 05:47 PM by Javito 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alex_Incognito Posted May 23, 2013 at 07:01 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 07:01 PM People love corny and the woman has no problem selling out arenas. People may not admit to buying her work, but they certainly do it. 4 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Peppercorn1991 Posted May 23, 2013 at 07:43 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 07:43 PM Although maybe that's just because I'm from England where the general consensus is that Celine is a bit corny nowadays :/ Actually i think people have warmed to her over the past few years, whenever i say i like celine dion they dont say "oh dear" anymore. they say ye she is cool kev x Quote
LuisMa Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:00 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:00 PM People love corny and the woman has no problem selling out arenas. People may not admit to buying her work, but they certainly do it. Agree. Corny or not, schmaltzy or not, raspy or not (here we go again ), this woman certainly does pack a punch when it comes to touring. Surely, her albums do not go diamond anymore, but platinum or multiplatinum is something she will be able to attain. 2 Quote
emiliejolie Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:04 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:04 PM Have you noticed how sales have gone up for some months ? It's incredible after the collapse we could observe !!! There is nowadays a scandal within music industry in France. It's been revealed by Le Point ( which is a serious economics weekly magazine). The SNEP association that releases gold, platinum and diamond discs changed the rules to make singers more successful. Until now they counted the CDs that were actually paid by customers now they count the CDs that are manufactured and stored in the shops only. Digital music sales can't be twisted though !! I can put a link but it's in French , sorryhttp://www.lepoint.fr/culture/la-grande-manip-des-ventes-de-disques-23-12-2012-1605496_3.php Quote
CSCfan Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:24 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 08:24 PM Well it's like the RIAA & Soundscan in the US then....where one counts shipped units and the other sold units. Quote »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY
GoldenLeaf Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:04 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:04 PM Agree. Corny or not, schmaltzy or not, raspy or not (here we go again ), this woman certainly does pack a punch when it comes to touring. Surely, her albums do not go diamond anymore, but platinum or multiplatinum is something she will be able to attain.Well, ''Sans Attendre'' is certified Diamond in France. Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:09 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:09 PM (edited) Not only in your country I'm afraid . That's why I've said a gazillion times that Céline needs urgently a regeneration in her production team inside the studio, who provides new ideas to make her music sound fresh and modern. She needs another album in the style of ANDHC or One Heart before its too late (and she's 45). But recording songs like At Seventeen, Overjoyed, or Climb Every Mountain won't help to change the idea that many public has of her as "corny" or "old-fashioned".''At Seventeen'' and ''Overjoyed'' on WAAF are somewhat like the eqivalents of ''At Last'' and ''Nature Boy'' on ANDHC. As for ''Climb Every Mountain'' we are not even sure if this song will make the final cut on the album or not. Edited May 23, 2013 at 09:09 PM by GoldenLeaf 2 Quote
LuisMa Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:31 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:31 PM Well, ''Sans Attendre'' is certified Diamond in France. It is, sorry, my mistake. I meant her English albums. Quote
Javito Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:54 PM Posted May 23, 2013 at 09:54 PM ''At Seventeen'' and ''Overjoyed'' on WAAF are somewhat like the eqivalents of ''At Last'' and ''Nature Boy'' on ANDHC. As for ''Climb Every Mountain'' we are not even sure if this song will make the final cut on the album or not. Yep, but let's hope "Water And A Flame" (or whatever title it will have ) can match or surpass the diversity of styles, number of uptempo tracks and quality of songs that ANDHC and part of OH had, which I still doubt at this point, judging by the songs they have showed us and the intentions they had with the Vegas covers. 3 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alex_Incognito Posted May 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM Posted May 24, 2013 at 12:01 AM (edited) I totally disagree. We don't need upbeat songs that don't stand the test of time. We have plenty of those already. Why can't she peform knock-out mid tempo songs and ballads? It's why she's famous. I love ANDHC and OH...mostly because I was in the prime of my youth and have fantastic memories of that time, but many of those songs have not aged well. Edited May 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM by Alex_Incognito 5 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
mike_z Posted May 24, 2013 at 05:49 AM Posted May 24, 2013 at 05:49 AM I totally disagree. We don't need upbeat songs that don't stand the test of time. We have plenty of those already. Why can't she peform knock-out mid tempo songs and ballads? It's why she's famous. I love ANDHC and OH...mostly because I was in the prime of my youth and have fantastic memories of that time, but many of those songs have not aged well. That's right! ANDHC and OH have aged (listen to "When The Wrong One Loves You Right", "Love Is All We Need", "Sorry For Love" ), instead LTAL or FIY haven't aged one bit, in fact Céline still performs most of their songs, or other people do on talent shows! 1 Quote
Neddo Posted May 24, 2013 at 07:18 AM Posted May 24, 2013 at 07:18 AM I surrender must be the most covered nonsingle song ever in history of talent shows 1 Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
Javito Posted May 24, 2013 at 07:24 AM Posted May 24, 2013 at 07:24 AM And why do you think there can't be upbeat songs that can stand the test of time? There are ballads she's done that sound so aged too and with a very specific sound from the 90's, so that argument would apply the same to some of her ballads. 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
woodstock Posted May 24, 2013 at 08:46 AM Posted May 24, 2013 at 08:46 AM Have you noticed how sales have gone up for some months ? It's incredible after the collapse we could observe !!! There is nowadays a scandal within music industry in France. It's been revealed by Le Point ( which is a serious economics weekly magazine). The SNEP association that releases gold, platinum and diamond discs changed the rules to make singers more successful. Until now they counted the CDs that were actually paid by customers now they count the CDs that are manufactured and stored in the shops only. Digital music sales can't be twisted though !! I can put a link but it's in French , sorryhttp://www.lepoint.f...2-1605496_3.phpIt is not really a revelation. This is something that has been known and practiced for so many years. But it's true that a lot of people ignore how this works. Quote
Adeva Posted May 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 12:41 AM If you look at the tracklist from the Plaines concert, it looks like we will never get Attendre as a single... Quote
Chin Posted May 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 10:51 AM "Je n'ai pas besoin d'amour" is on the set list... I really hope that it will be the next single, and a live performance of the concert can be the music video for it, cos Celine sings this song live better than the studio version 2 Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM "Je n'ai pas besoin d'amour" is on the set list... I really hope that it will be the next single, and a live performance of the concert can be the music video for it, cos Celine sings this song live better than the studio version So far we've had two live performances of this song. The first one was awful in my opinion, I mean, she was basically singing and that's it. Not performing.But then the second one, the one with Mego on piano, that was something to remember. Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
LuisMa Posted May 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM Posted May 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM Though I'm excited about the setlist, if they made a last minute change and decided to include "Attendre", I wouldn't be mad at all. 2 Quote
mike_z Posted May 27, 2013 at 06:55 PM Posted May 27, 2013 at 06:55 PM "Attendre" has become one of her fan-favorites! I really hope she performs it live! Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted May 27, 2013 at 07:40 PM Posted May 27, 2013 at 07:40 PM "Attendre" has become one of her fan-favorites! I really hope she performs it live! I can imagine her singing that song live, but in a lower key since it's not an easy one to do live... Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
nandiko13 Posted May 27, 2013 at 08:50 PM Posted May 27, 2013 at 08:50 PM (edited) "Je n'ai pas besoin d'amour" is on the set list... I really hope that it will be the next single, and a live performance of the concert can be the music video for it, cos Celine sings this song live better than the studio version Totally agree. And that is the problem. Céline, in my opinion, sounds better in live. Of course, there are many cases, but JNBDA for me is one of that songs.Personally, I don't like a couple of songs from "Sans Attendre". You know, I found very similar this songs: "Le Miracle"; ·La mer et l'enfant "Les petits pieds de Lea" ... That sound would be perfect for "Miracle", a lullaby album. QPVSA and SJNRDT seems to me outtakes from "D'elles", specially to this one: ESNRQU. It's the same atmosphere!I had high hopes with this album. Obviously, Céline's voice is more relaxed and play a little bit more with the songs and I love it (The "mmmms" feautured in MQJP). The arrangements of "Que toi au monde" are very simple, and that's OK, but this song could be a powerful ballad; a new himn."Attendre", "MQJP", "LAPPF", Les jours comme ça are my fav's so far. Maybe I was wishing to hear a new "D'eux", but the cd is more than acceptable.And please, she has to sing Attendre !!! I'm sure she'll do it fine Edited May 27, 2013 at 08:51 PM by nandiko13 Quote http://www.celinedion.com/sites/celinedion.com/themes/cdion6_2/images/logo-bottom.png
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.