Black Kitten Posted May 24, 2008 at 06:21 AM Posted May 24, 2008 at 06:21 AM do i have to repost my track by track review of E=MC2 to overshadow the never ending comparison of those 2 albums? Quote
Nikosn17 Posted May 24, 2008 at 06:52 AM Posted May 24, 2008 at 06:52 AM do i have to repost my track by track review of E=MC2 to overshadow the never ending comparison of those 2 albums? I guess... Quote
Black Kitten Posted May 24, 2008 at 07:13 AM Posted May 24, 2008 at 07:13 AM (edited) here we go: Migrate- not one of my faves, but it's a grower Touch My Body- love it! stupid lyrics, great beat. Cruise Control- one of my favorites! think i'm jokan? dafanatly nat! LOL I Stay in Love- i love this song. very WBT-ish, but love the belting towards the end. Side Effects- very personal, yet very interesting to know her tantrums about her marriage to TM. I'm That Chick- cool song, but i prefer the live version. Love Story- greay great great! but Jermaine Dupri, leave mariah alone and do your thing with Janet! stop that stupid "uh uh" "yeah yeah"! plain annoying! I'll Be Lovin' You Long Time- just an OK song. filler. Last Kiss- love the chorus. but cheesy for my taste. Thanx for Nothin'- love the high notes. not my one of the stand outs. OOC- thanks to "forever". it saved the song. i like it. For the Record- prolly my favorite from the album. perfection. love how she put some of her songs together in the bridge. Bye Bye- formulaic, but great nonetheless. I Wish You Well- the gospel version of Vanishing. great vocals. Edited May 24, 2008 at 07:15 AM by dhena Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted May 24, 2008 at 01:55 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 01:55 PM and lmao at you two. He asked because he knew that Celine had sold more Funny people... Don't be sardonic simply because Mimi's numbers are not proving to be equal to your high expectations. The developments sales-wise are quite a shock to your system, I take it? Then again, who can blame you? The hype around E=MC2 before its release was so thick you could slice it not with a knife but with an axe. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
corr_azy Posted May 24, 2008 at 02:21 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 02:21 PM Migrate- I didn't like it at first, but it has grown on me. Touch My Body- Catchy but cheesy. Cruise Control- I think the Jamaican accent she tries here is ridiculous. Chorus is great but not the verses though. I Stay in Love- My favourite song off the album. This is probably the closest you get to old school Mariah on the album. Side Effects- Don't like it at all. I think it definitely isn't one of her more melodic tunes. I'm That Chick- Great groove to this song. One of the best ones on the album. Love Story- Don't like it. It's really boring and I think it's a ridiculous choice for a 3rd single. I'll Be Lovin' You Long Time- Love it! Kind of reminds me of old school RnB. Last Kiss- Cheesy. Melody's okay though. Thanx for Nothin'- Filler. OOC- Good groove, but pretty average. For the Record- One of the better RnB songs on the album, I think this style of RnB suits her better than the rap collaborations. Bye Bye- One of the better songs on the album melodically, but the lyrics are terrible! I Wish You Well- Reminiscent of Vanishing on her first album, one of my all time favourites. I like the vocal layering and how its just stripped down to her voice and piano. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted May 24, 2008 at 02:45 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 02:45 PM Love Story- Don't like it. It's really boring and I think it's a ridiculous choice for a 3rd single. Bye Bye- One of the better songs on the album melodically, but the lyrics are terrible!LS will be the third single? What will happen to Stay In Love and I'm That Chick, 2 0f the 4 songs that appear on the album sticker? I agree w/ you regarding the Bye Bye lyrics. If you make a song about the most serious topic of them all, it better be devoid of commercialistic inclinations. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
amelie Posted May 24, 2008 at 03:04 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 03:04 PM (edited) This is what the stage on her next tour will be like Edited May 24, 2008 at 03:04 PM by amelie Quote
Nikosn17 Posted May 24, 2008 at 05:05 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 05:05 PM and lmao at you two. He asked because he knew that Celine had sold more Funny people... Don't be sardonic simply because Mimi's numbers are not proving to be equal to your high expectations. The developments sales-wise are quite a shock to your system, I take it? Then again, who can blame you? The hype around E=MC2 before its release was so thick you could slice it not with a knife but with an axe. What has this post to do with what I posted before that ? I said that you knew Celine sales were bigger and that is why you asked. Nothing so complicated... Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 24, 2008 at 05:27 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 05:27 PM and lmao at you two. He asked because he knew that Celine had sold more Funny people... Don't be sardonic simply because Mimi's numbers are not proving to be equal to your high expectations. The developments sales-wise are quite a shock to your system, I take it? Then again, who can blame you? The hype around E=MC2 before its release was so thick you could slice it not with a knife but with an axe.Indeed! Lambs must be bummed about the not-so-good E=MC2 sales numbers. Quote
CelineDionx Posted May 24, 2008 at 11:26 PM Posted May 24, 2008 at 11:26 PM dont like any of her songs apart from her version of All i want for christmas is you!! Quote http://melodyplant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/celine-dion.jpg
Black Kitten Posted May 25, 2008 at 01:26 AM Posted May 25, 2008 at 01:26 AM dont like any of her songs apart from her version of All i want for christmas is you!!her version? it's her own song and she wrote it. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted May 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM Posted May 25, 2008 at 10:41 AM and lmao at you two. He asked because he knew that Celine had sold more Funny people... Don't be sardonic simply because Mimi's numbers are not proving to be equal to your high expectations. The developments sales-wise are quite a shock to your system, I take it? Then again, who can blame you? The hype around E=MC2 before its release was so thick you could slice it not with a knife but with an axe.Indeed! Lambs must be bummed about the not-so-good E=MC2 sales numbers. Lambs are very belligerent these days. Those here in the Philippines are busy venting their collective frustration by calling Celine and Madonna disgusting names. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
corr_azy Posted May 25, 2008 at 10:50 AM Posted May 25, 2008 at 10:50 AM and lmao at you two. He asked because he knew that Celine had sold more Funny people... Don't be sardonic simply because Mimi's numbers are not proving to be equal to your high expectations. The developments sales-wise are quite a shock to your system, I take it? Then again, who can blame you? The hype around E=MC2 before its release was so thick you could slice it not with a knife but with an axe.Indeed! Lambs must be bummed about the not-so-good E=MC2 sales numbers. Yawn. Quote
alextrusca Posted May 25, 2008 at 03:12 PM Posted May 25, 2008 at 03:12 PM mariah's new CD is a success all over the galaxy, respect that you peasantz. :yes: :yes: :yes: Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 25, 2008 at 06:00 PM Posted May 25, 2008 at 06:00 PM and lmao at you two. He asked because he knew that Celine had sold more Funny people... Don't be sardonic simply because Mimi's numbers are not proving to be equal to your high expectations. The developments sales-wise are quite a shock to your system, I take it? Then again, who can blame you? The hype around E=MC2 before its release was so thick you could slice it not with a knife but with an axe.Indeed! Lambs must be bummed about the not-so-good E=MC2 sales numbers. Lambs are very belligerent these days. Those here in the Philippines are busy venting their collective frustration by calling Celine and Madonna disgusting names. LOL! Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 25, 2008 at 06:10 PM Posted May 25, 2008 at 06:10 PM dont like any of her songs apart from her version of All i want for christmas is you!!The only two songs I like from her are ''Without You'' and ''All I Want For christmas Is You''. Though these songs would sound a lot better if they would have been covered by the talented Celine. Quote
algorhythm Posted May 25, 2008 at 06:13 PM Posted May 25, 2008 at 06:13 PM guys, let's not fight just because of the competing divas.. i believe both are different artists - they have their own strengths and flaws.. they have their own fanbase.. both are great as well, and i believe they are incomparable.. let's just wish them both, as well other divas more success in their careers.. Quote http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/381af4cd16.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted May 25, 2008 at 07:46 PM Posted May 25, 2008 at 07:46 PM Tokyo Hot 100 Update 6 4 TOUCH MY BODY MARIAH CAREY 31 55 I'LL BE LOVIN' U LONG TIME MARIAH CAREY I can't believe I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time is rising ... it's not even a single. Maybe japaneese people like it. Mariah Carey to throw out first pitch at baseball game Friday 23rd May, 06:36 AM JST TOKYO - American singer Mariah Carey, 38, will throw out the opening pitch at the Yomiuri Giants v Rakuten Eagles match at Tokyo Dome on May 28. NTV said Carey will take part in the ceremony to promote her new album "E=MC²" from which the network's baseball telecast theme song "Lovin' you long time" comes. Carey is scheduled to come to Japan at the beginning of next week. Mariah's program in Japan so far: Last update: 24.05.2008 Mariah Carey is currently scheduled to be visiting Japan for a long promotional visit, which is expected to last over a week. Currently the following appearances have been confirmed: May 26 - Airport arrivalMay 27 Secret live ( The winner of the album purchase contest ) Mr. Karube from Mezamashi TV will be taking Mariah kimono shopping at a store called Kamawanu in Daikanyama at 7pmMay 28 - First pitch ceremony in Japanese pro baseball game ( At Tokyo Dome )May 29 TBA May 30 Music Station ( Japanese Music TV )May 31 MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2008June 1 TBA June 2 TBA June 3 Mariah leave JapanSource: Love Love Jack, Mariah Connection,MariahCarey.com,MariahDaily.com Quote
Black Kitten Posted May 25, 2008 at 10:52 PM Posted May 25, 2008 at 10:52 PM grrr I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time is the killer filler of the album!!! i don't like it at all! Quote
Hilda Posted May 26, 2008 at 03:30 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 03:30 AM Indeed! Lambs must be bummed about the not-so-good E=MC2 sales numbers. well that would be coz from what ive heard of this album its crap! haha. Some of her songs that she promoted on uk tv sounded sooooo bland. And the one shes got out now something about brothers sisters and cousins - hoowww ridiculously awful!!! dont try and be getto about losing members of yr family haha! it just comes off as cheap! and in horrible taste! i loved her last album, it really surprised me. this one is called E=MC2 so that kinda says it all really doesnt it. Quote
Nikosn17 Posted May 26, 2008 at 03:52 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 03:52 AM grrr I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time is the killer filler of the album!!! i don't like it at all! Really ? I'm surprised... I don't think it's a filler. They even though of releasing it as 1st single from this album. For me the only song I'd describe as a filler is ''last kiss'' although there some other songs I don't like but they are not fillers. Quote
Black Kitten Posted May 26, 2008 at 06:26 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 06:26 AM (edited) grrr I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time is the killer filler of the album!!! i don't like it at all! Really ? I'm surprised... I don't think it's a filler. They even though of releasing it as 1st single from this album. For me the only song I'd describe as a filler is ''last kiss'' although there some other songs I don't like but they are not fillers.i don't know. that's just my opinion. different strokes for different folks i downloaded Heat and 4real4real, and thank God they're not included in the regular album. they're both For the Record is one of her best songs evuurrr!!! a potential 19th #1! Edited May 26, 2008 at 06:28 AM by dhena Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 26, 2008 at 07:38 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 07:38 AM (edited) 6th week: UK from #46 to #49Italy from #52 to #49Netherlands from #50 to #51 Edited May 26, 2008 at 07:46 AM by VinnyT. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
VinnyT. Posted May 26, 2008 at 07:56 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 07:56 AM United Kingdom - 73,000* Now they changed estimated sales in UK Official/Estimated* Total Sales:United Kingdom - 70,500* :confused: so confusing! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Angel, You thrill me Posted May 26, 2008 at 08:06 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 08:06 AM United Kingdom - 73,000* Now they changed estimated sales in UK Official/Estimated* Total Sales:United Kingdom - 70,500* :confused: so confusing! oh my dreams have come true, whoriahs cd isnt a gigantic success Quote http://www.lady-gaga.net/images/layout11/2.pngAlejandro Alejandro ALEALEJANDRO ALEALEJANDROOO
VinnyT. Posted May 26, 2008 at 08:55 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 08:55 AM no in Europe is not! but she is selling decently in Usa Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 26, 2008 at 09:56 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 09:56 AM grrr I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time is the killer filler of the album!!! i don't like it at all! Really ? I'm surprised... I don't think it's a filler. They even though of releasing it as 1st single from this album. For me the only song I'd describe as a filler is ''last kiss'' although there some other songs I don't like but they are not fillers.i don't know. that's just my opinion. different strokes for different folks i downloaded Heat and 4real4real, and thank God they're not included in the regular album. they're both For the Record is one of her best songs evuurrr!!! a potential 19th #1! yeah these two are awful I bet she was high while recording Heat. Her worst B-sides ever. Quote
Prince Whiskers Posted May 26, 2008 at 10:44 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 10:44 AM Some of her songs that she promoted on uk tv sounded sooooo bland. And the one shes got out now something about brothers sisters and cousins - hoowww ridiculously awful!!! dont try and be getto about losing members of yr family haha! it just comes off as cheap! and in horrible taste!It's one of the tackiest songs she has ever done, that's for sure. Quote http://cdn.webecoist.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/modern-pet-solo-blown-glass.jpg
Nikosn17 Posted May 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM Mariah and Nick just arrived in Japan http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9016/mc260508naritaairport01ee7.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1288/mc260508naritaairport00na4.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1627/mc260508naritaairport00yw0.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4263/mc260508naritaairport00mi2.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7215/mc260508naritaairport00hp3.jpg Quote
Bellamy Posted May 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM Posted May 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM Her husband is so ugly. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.