Black Kitten Posted May 20, 2008 at 07:34 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 07:34 AM you know what people, this Mariah vs. Celine debate is getting a little out of hand. it's a never ending business. let's just appreciate them as they are. they are the biggest female recording artists ever graced this planet. at the end of the day, you will realize that no one will ever win in this debate. Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 07:56 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 07:56 AM I didn't say TC sold so much all because of Christmas... I said Christmas helped TC and nobody can make me think that this is not true.No it is not because Celine used to sell also during spring time,nothing changed, you want to believe in the power of xmas sales just to justify that mariah is selling less around the world..that's all. So i should think which mariah with a n1 single song should have sold the double of what she sold till now in Usa?..if you belive in xmas sales i must believe in the n1 song theory as well! I have nothing against you posting the chart positions and etc. but I won't agree that Mariah fans care cause they don't. I have seen it with my eyes. For exemple let's say I make a thread for an amazing performance during TC Tour just to show cause Celine still sounds very good (unlike Mariah) and all the comments are '' pleeease, who cares, zzzzzzz, boring Celine'' or something of that nature so they don't really care about her. You read that I read other comments,,what u gonna do?and if a singer sounds good live and she is not celine i have to admit that..so this is another proof of how jealous and fake they are! And I think another difference between their albums is that Celine didn't have a strong first single... and her whole situation with singles this time is messed up whereas Mariah had a hit. That's also matters. But I never said TC is a flop and I can't see why we are continuing that discusion about TC. About Mariah's voice... She really lost it. what else can I say about it... Celine never had strong singles, just few in her career, and she sold so much anyway!yes Mariah had an hit but the hit didnt help the sales of the abum...or am i wrong?It is true that Mariah is stronger in Usa than Celine but at least Celine sold almost 1 million(982.000) in Usa do you know how much Mariah sold in Europe?almost 200k. I mean celine's sales are not that HUGE more than 3 millions world wide till now but they are equilibrated. 70% of sales of Mariah's new album come from Usa. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:14 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:14 AM I didn't say TC sold so much all because of Christmas... I said Christmas helped TC and nobody can make me think that this is not true.No it is not because Celine used to sell also during spring time,nothing changed, you want to believe in the power of xmas sales just to justify that mariah is selling less around the world..that's all. So i should think which mariah with a n1 single song should have sold the double of what she sold till now in Usa?..if you belive in xmas sales i must believe in the n1 song theory as well! I have nothing against you posting the chart positions and etc. but I won't agree that Mariah fans care cause they don't. I have seen it with my eyes. For exemple let's say I make a thread for an amazing performance during TC Tour just to show cause Celine still sounds very good (unlike Mariah) and all the comments are '' pleeease, who cares, zzzzzzz, boring Celine'' or something of that nature so they don't really care about her. You read that I read other comments,,what u gonna do?and if a singer sounds good live and she is not celine i have to admit that..so this is another proof of how jealous and fake they are! And I think another difference between their albums is that Celine didn't have a strong first single... and her whole situation with singles this time is messed up whereas Mariah had a hit. That's also matters. But I never said TC is a flop and I can't see why we are continuing that discusion about TC. About Mariah's voice... She really lost it. what else can I say about it... Celine never had strong singles, just few in her career, and she sold so much anyway!yes Mariah had an hit but the hit didnt help the sales of the abum...or am i wrong?It is true that Mariah is stronger in Usa than Celine but at least Celine sold almost 1 million(982.000) in Usa do you know how much Mariah sold in Europe?almost 200k. I mean celine's sales are not that HUGE more than 3 millions world wide till now but they are equilibrated. 70% of sales of Mariah's new album come from Usa. I don't know if you noticed how we are repeating the same things in our 5 last posts in this thread. This is pointless. My theory about the Christmas sales has nothing to do with Mariah's new album sales. I won't change my opinion. Celine may sold a lot with A New Day Has Come and One Heart but the situation is different. This was 5-6 years ago... I doubt TC would have the same succes as A New Day Has Come and One Heart if it was released now (in the spring). Just like Mariah doesn't have the same numbers she had with TEOM which was only 3 years ago. And I think they both know it. What I can do about Mariah's fans ? Nothing, end of discussion. I'm telling you what I have seen in the biggest Mariah forums and I can't answer for all of them. They are different people. There are some Mariah fans that like Celine, take me as an example. Just like there are some Celine fans who like Mariah a lot (like dhena) and others who hate her. Different people, different opinions. No one can help it + It wouldn't be interesting if it wasn't like that I don't agree that 70% of Mariah's new album sales come from USA, cause it's not only with the new album. This is the situation with every Mariah album It's pointless to repeat 12312 times how succesful she is in USA and how bad her albums are doing in Europe. Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:22 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:22 AM Yes but at least with TEOM she got 1 platinum in Europe I doubt she will get it with the new album Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:27 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:27 AM Yes but at least with TEOM she got 1 platinum in Europe I doubt she will get it with the new album time will show Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:30 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:30 AM Yes but at least with TEOM she got 1 platinum in Europe I doubt she will get it with the new album time will show yes why not, you're right u never know, if things in UK(she sold 61k till now) will change maybe she will got it..just wait and see Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:33 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 08:33 AM (edited) NOW IN: 42.99% LW TW artist / album label power index -- 1 DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE ATLANTIC 30,976NARROW STAIRS -- 2 FRANK SINATRA REPRISE/RHINO 27,609NOTHING BUT THE BEST 6 3 LEONA LEWIS J RECORDS/RMG 25,724SPIRIT 2 4 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 25,41735 BIGGEST HITS 4 5 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 21,684E=MC2 -- 6 KEITH SWEAT RHINO 15,800JUST ME -- 7 JASON MRAZ ATLANTIC 14,037WE SING WE DANCE WE STEAL THINGS 11 8 TAYLOR SWIFT BIG MACHINE 13,878TAYLOR SWIFT Not very good Edit: Now In 60.19% 4 5 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 32,756 Edited May 20, 2008 at 08:34 AM by Nikosn17 Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 09:14 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 09:14 AM CHART DATE: 05/19/2008LAST UPDATE: 05/19/2008 18:59:09NOW IN: 61.14% 4 4 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 32,756E=MC2 according to this prediction she should sell around 55k but I think she will sell more Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 09:22 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 09:22 AM (edited) CHART DATE: 05/19/2008LAST UPDATE: 05/19/2008 18:59:09NOW IN: 61.14% 4 4 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 32,756E=MC2 according to this prediction she should sell around 55k but I think she will sell more I thought the prediction was 55-60k ... and I think It'll be between around 55 if not less... She completely abandoned this album... The only thing she has done this month was Ellen and the wedding... Edited May 20, 2008 at 09:23 AM by Nikosn17 Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 09:41 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 09:41 AM (edited) no the prediction was 65-70 but maybe she will sell that much who knows yeah she just has less TV appearances but I dont think she abandoned it. She released a second single and a second videoclip that's very important to promote an album! Edited May 20, 2008 at 09:43 AM by VinnyT. Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM no the prediction was 65-70 but maybe she will sell that much who knows yeah she just has less TV appearances but I dont think she abandoned it. She released a second single and a second videoclip that's very important to promote an album! Bye Bye was release on iTunes April 14... this is more than a month now. The song is not doing good... Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 10:14 AM yeah but she cant release a single each month and BTW bye bye will hit top 10 soon after the wedding gig the spins increased Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Céline's Blues Posted May 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM Posted May 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM (edited) Bye Bye wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now she's gotta divorce to increase the spins! Edited May 20, 2008 at 10:17 AM by Céline's Blues Quote http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg
amelie Posted May 20, 2008 at 01:52 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 01:52 PM :sofunny: http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-19-mimi-sparks-road-rage :whistling: Quote
corr_azy Posted May 20, 2008 at 03:43 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 03:43 PM I'm seeing what everybody sees. I surfed the net and many websites and for most of them Celine's album was a flop. So Once again if it is so, both singers are flopping! no question about it! dont see what u wanna ONLY see! Well maybe you should name some of your sources since you claim to know what "everybody sees". As for myself, Celine and Mariah are both #1. You can carry on living in your little world where every Mariah fan is a Celine hater. They increase if someone already likes that singer or they know it would be the perfect gift for someone else!But once again if you dont believe that much in the artist or in the album u dont buy it anyway!no matter it is xmas and I gave u a good example(mary j blige) The xmas sales dont count for everyone!Celine's 2 last albums were released in spring and they sold anyway(and we know more than TCH as well )so u cannot apply this "rule" for celine!Not always it is good releasing an album in november/dec there are always so many new releases as u know! Kyle Minogue released her album at the same period but she flopped big time! so once again if someone dont wanna buy a cd they dont care if its xmas or not!the success of an album doesnt depend on the period of releasing! But I agree with u Celine is more international than Mariah. Mariah with her kind of music belongs more to Usa. It is the truth! But I dont understand why for many of you Celine's world wide sales were so disappointing and mariah's ones are great sales etc etc If for Mariah selling 1.217.000 in 4 weeks makes her album a successful onefor Celine selling 1.239.000 in 4 weeks it is the same dont you think so? True, but Mary J Blige and Kylie Minogue are only 2 examples. And the two of them are nowhere near Celine or Mariah in terms of status. It also doesn't change the fact that many record companies choose to release records around the Christmas season to milk the labum for all its worth. True, Celine is definitely a more international sound than Mariah. For your comment on sales, read above. If you read carefully, you would see that I don't think that TCH is a flop. But neither does it have stellar sales for an artist of her status. I wrote what i read(and i think I'm not the only one who read mariah's fans talking about TCH sales, poor them they didnt wait Mariah's album to come out ) so who cares about what u read! I will keep on posting what I want!who are you to tell me to stop my comments? Oh They care! like you care everytime you come to celebrate mariah's sales on this board. So as u're free to post info and sales about Mariah i'm free to write what they wrote about Celine as I'm free to post mariah's positions and sales even if you dont like those, That's not my fault! in more than a case u got mad at what I wrote talking about sales. If You want to post in this thread to give info you have to accept good and bad things.Once again dont get me wrong I'm sure Mariah will sell more than Celine in the next months but for now the situation is very similar! So It depends on people's opinion. They have both a successful album or they have both a flop album Sure, carry on with expressing your opinions. No one's stopping you. But in my opinion, comparing the two album sales would be fairer a few months down the road. Considering Mariah has pretty done promotion only in the USA and 2 or 3 performances in Europe and that Celine is still doing her world tour. Exactly. Also, Taking Chances sold over 450,000 in Canada (Am I right VinnyT ?) and E=MC2 sold only 32,000 I knew someone would bring up the point that people would give the "excuse" that Celine is from Canada. Isn't that true? Mariah is from the USA and she's doing well there. And isn't Mariah doing better than Celine in the USA? Isn't that a double standard for you? At least Celine can still sing beautifully her old songs live such Because You Loved Me, All By Myself, My Heart Will Go On... unlike Mariah. Maybe that's why she has lipped all those songs on tour. I highly doubt she could sing a song like All By Myself ever again. But it's understandable because most female voices start to deteriorate in their late 30s. I'm not insulting her because I know her tour schedule is extremely packed. But I think the fans deserve better considering the money they are putting out to watch her LIVE. you know what people, this Mariah vs. Celine debate is getting a little out of hand. it's a never ending business. let's just appreciate them as they are. they are the biggest female recording artists ever graced this planet. at the end of the day, you will realize that no one will ever win in this debate. *standing ovation* I honestly wish this would happen because I love bothe Mariah and Celine. But I just dont understand why people love to compare them. They've both got their flaws and strengths. So, just accept them! It's all a matter of opinion on who's better (which is not even what this whole thread is about, it's about E=MC2!) Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:05 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:05 PM (edited) At least Celine can still sing beautifully her old songs live such Because You Loved Me, All By Myself, My Heart Will Go On... unlike Mariah. Maybe that's why she has lipped all those songs on tour. I highly doubt she could sing a song like All By Myself ever again. But it's understandable because most female voices start to deteriorate in their late 30s. I'm not insulting her because I know her tour schedule is extremely packed. But I think the fans deserve better considering the money they are putting out to watch her LIVE.What??? First of all she sing Because You Loved Me 100% live and All By Myself is 98% live only the high note ''ANYMOOORE'' is lip-synced to rest her voice. And she can still sing beautifully My Heart Will Go On 100% LIVE! Watch her performance at ''Dancing With The Stars'' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPUir7VslY...feature=related Edited May 20, 2008 at 04:11 PM by Calypso Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:09 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:09 PM Exactly. Also, Taking Chances sold over 450,000 in Canada (Am I right VinnyT ?) and E=MC2 sold only 32,000 I knew someone would bring up the point that people would give the "excuse" that Celine is from Canada. Isn't that true? Mariah is from the USA and she's doing well there. And isn't Mariah doing better than Celine in the USA? Isn't that a double standard for you?So how do you explain that Madonna sold over 80.000 in Canada and Mariah only 32.000 ? Both of these ladies ain't Canadians but Madonna sold way more than Carey. Quote
Bellamy Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:21 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:21 PM At least Celine can still sing beautifully her old songs live such Because You Loved Me, All By Myself, My Heart Will Go On... unlike Mariah. Maybe that's why she has lipped all those songs on tour. I highly doubt she could sing a song like All By Myself ever again. But it's understandable because most female voices start to deteriorate in their late 30s. I'm not insulting her because I know her tour schedule is extremely packed. But I think the fans deserve better considering the money they are putting out to watch her LIVE.What??? First of all she sing Because You Loved Me 100% live and All By Myself is 98% live only the high note ''ANYMOOORE'' is lip-synced to rest her voice. And she can still sing beautifully My Heart Will Go On 100% LIVE! Watch her performance at ''Dancing With The Stars'' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPUir7VslY...feature=relatedThe high note of "All By Myself" maybe is vocoded, but definitely live, and the end note is live too. Mariah can only dream on doing that. I didn't see any solid performance of "Hero" in ten years at least, not to mention "Without You". Of course Celine still can sing MHWGO perfectly, it's not a hard song for her after all. Obviously she lipsync it cause she's getting sick of it like many of us. But she can't avoid sing it to the public. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:23 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:23 PM Well maybe you should name some of your sources since you claim to know what "everybody sees". As for myself, Celine and Mariah are both #1. You can carry on living in your little world where every Mariah fan is a Celine hater. Hello? i didnt say each mariah fan hates celine! no way! i just said i read comments and if you pay more attention you will see that i also say "mariah fans and others"but no matter u like both i have to say that i see u only in this topic i dont remember u somewhere else! True, but Mary J Blige and Kylie Minogue are only 2 examples. And the two of them are nowhere near Celine or Mariah in terms of status. It also doesn't change the fact that many record companies choose to release records around the Christmas season to milk the labum for all its worth. True, Celine is definitely a more international sound than Mariah. For your comment on sales, read above. If you read carefully, you would see that I don't think that TCH is a flop. But neither does it have stellar sales for an artist of her status. I gave u just 2 examples but we can talk about ashley simpson as well, that after 2 good seller cd's the third one was a completely flop neither mother's day helped her!No one said TCH has stellar sales but E=Mc2 neither! that's why i said if TCH is a flop same should be for mariah's cd Sure, carry on with expressing your opinions. No one's stopping you. But in my opinion, comparing the two album sales would be fairer a few months down the road. Considering Mariah has pretty done promotion only in the USA and 2 or 3 performances in Europe and that Celine is still doing her world tour. Hello?Hello? we were just comparing the album at the same staus which is 4 weeks after the release date(then who knows as i said many times but i think u dont read carefully no, not at all). For many TCH world wide sales were disappointing after 4 weeks(1 month) so should be the same for an artist as Mariah with 18 n1 singles etc etc I knew someone would bring up the point that people would give the "excuse" that Celine is from Canada. Isn't that true? Mariah is from the USA and she's doing well there. And isn't Mariah doing better than Celine in the USA? Isn't that a double standard for you? It depends, Celine is doing 5 times better than mariah in Europe but she is not european, Madonna is doing better than Mariah in Canada and in Japan but she is not canadian neither japanese!It depends on the kind of music a country likes most, not on where u come from! At least Celine can still sing beautifully her old songs live such Because You Loved Me, All By Myself, My Heart Will Go On... unlike Mariah. You cant compare vocally Celine and Mariah, Celine's voice changed but she is still great, Mariah's voice is dead and that's a matter of fact!you dont want to compare both but I think someone else started(including you! when u notices mariah was not doing so great) I just post positions and info. then if you want to celebrate mariah no successful sales this is not the right topic. It would be so good having a topic just to talk about her 18 n1 her n1 album in Usa, if you wanna talk about something you have to give all the info like we do with Celine good and bad news! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:27 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:27 PM At least Celine can still sing beautifully her old songs live such Because You Loved Me, All By Myself, My Heart Will Go On... unlike Mariah. Maybe that's why she has lipped all those songs on tour. I highly doubt she could sing a song like All By Myself ever again. But it's understandable because most female voices start to deteriorate in their late 30s. I'm not insulting her because I know her tour schedule is extremely packed. But I think the fans deserve better considering the money they are putting out to watch her LIVE.What??? First of all she sing Because You Loved Me 100% live and All By Myself is 98% live only the high note ''ANYMOOORE'' is lip-synced to rest her voice. And she can still sing beautifully My Heart Will Go On 100% LIVE! Watch her performance at ''Dancing With The Stars'' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPUir7VslY...feature=relatedThe high note of "All By Myself" maybe is vocoded, but definitely live, and the end note is live too. Mariah can only dream on doing that. I didn't see any solid performance of "Hero" in ten years at least, not to mention "Without You". Of course Celine still can sing MHWGO perfectly, it's not a hard song for her after all. Obviously she lipsync it cause she's getting sick of it like many of us. But she can't avoid sing it to the public. and what about "Alone "live? could u imagine Mariah singing that kind of song? Celine can still sing and we have the proof also thanks to many live recording sessions..have u ever seen one of mariah's "true" recording session? I do not at least lately!u cant compare them it is like day and night! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:28 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:28 PM Exactly. Also, Taking Chances sold over 450,000 in Canada (Am I right VinnyT ?) and E=MC2 sold only 32,000 I knew someone would bring up the point that people would give the "excuse" that Celine is from Canada. Isn't that true? Mariah is from the USA and she's doing well there. And isn't Mariah doing better than Celine in the USA? Isn't that a double standard for you?So how do you explain that Madonna sold over 80.000 in Canada and Mariah only 32.000 ? Both of these ladies ain't Canadians but Madonna sold way more than Carey. That's what I meant but maybe he didnt understand ..I dont know Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
carlottazenere Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:38 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:38 PM no the prediction was 65-70 but maybe she will sell that much who knows yeah she just has less TV appearances but I dont think she abandoned it. She released a second single and a second videoclip that's very important to promote an album! Bye Bye was release on iTunes April 14... this is more than a month now. The song is not doing good... I think she'll find the right solution to increase the promotion of this second single..a new scandal could be an idea for example..will she get pregnant?will she divorce from her new husband?I can't wait to see what she'll invent this time..but I'm sure she won't disappoint our expectations.. Quote Je m'inventerai reine pour que tu me retiennesJe me ferai nouvelle pour que le feu reprenneJe deviendrai ces autres qui te donnent du plaisirVos jeux seront les notres si tel est ton desirPlus brillante plus belle pour une autre étincelleJe me changerai en or pour que tu m' aimes encore http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/3121/celyfunnybx0.png
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:40 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:40 PM (edited) people... Mariah can't sing Celine songs but I also think Celine can't sing Mariah's so this is an unnecesary discusion. How can you ask which one can sing better a certain song? That's pointless.And about the Without You performances. There were pretty good performances of Without You during The CB Tour 2003/2004 also some great performances from Rainbow Tour 2000 (there was an amazing performance from Italy but YouTube deleted it, if someone insist to hear it I have the audio). She didn't perform the song during ''The Adventures Of Mimi''. I agree on most of the points with corr_azy... of course Celine still has a great singing voice and saved her voice better ... and actually she was always a concert artist. I mean she has done much more and longer tours than Mariah just because her voice is stronger. Mariah has nodules (she said that herself) and they can't be the same as before 20 years... so don't bring drugs and what not. The main reason are her nodules which allow her to do the whistle notes but at the same time when her whistle register is stronger her belting voice is getting s*it. Edited May 20, 2008 at 04:42 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:56 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 04:56 PM people... Mariah can't sing Celine songs but I also think Celine can't sing Mariah's so this is an unnecesaryI meant an hard song as alone at 40yrs old age! I think Mariah could ,but 15 yrs ago now she cant do any hard song!as u can see she needs to mime also part of an easy song as TMB and the live part is always terrible! Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 05:55 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 05:55 PM (edited) people... Mariah can't sing Celine songs but I also think Celine can't sing Mariah's so this is an unnecesaryI meant an hard song as alone at 40yrs old age! I think Mariah could ,but 15 yrs ago now she cant do any hard song!as u can see she needs to mime also part of an easy song as TMB and the live part is always terrible! it's not 15 years ago ... her voice was amazing until 1998. Let's not exagerate.Then again her voice was amazing at end of 2003 and 2004.That's 10 years. Right now as I said the belting part of her voice is almost completely dead. I don't think they both have to try to sing each others songs. That's just... I don't know why we are discussing this. They are both very specific so I don't think they could do each other songs... and how do you imagine Mariah singing a rock song? Yeah she sang ''Bringin' On The Heartbreak'' by Def Leppard and I liked it but Alone would be a whispery mess. So let's just not compare how Mariah could sing a Celine song or Celine , a Mariah song. That's just doesn't make sense. And about TMB performances... I love her raspy voice, I have to say... it's more interesting when it's more effort. I think the GMA performance was a pretty good performance, she try to lip the hard parts but as the whole world saw they messed up the background track so she had to sing the whole thing live. As a really bad TMB performance I'd describe the performance at The Hills. Now that was awful. But there were some good performances like GMA and BET Special: The Relativity Of Mariah. Edited May 20, 2008 at 05:57 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
VinnyT. Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:07 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:07 PM oh sorry she could sing till 10 yrs ago Quote For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg click on the banner
Bellamy Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:09 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:09 PM Her voice changed must has something to do with her style changed? She can't sing her old ballads, that's a fact. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:15 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:15 PM (edited) Her voice changed must has something to do with her style changed? She can't sing her old ballads, that's a fact. Except for VOL. She did some of her best VOL renditions after the year 2000. Even during TAOM tour there were amazing ''Vision Of Love'' performances. Have you watched the BET Blueprint? If you haven't you should do it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8BKanb07g About the other ballads I agree, but she hasn't done other of her old (except Hero) recently. If we talk about the pre 1997 period. and Vinny since that was the most important thing you had to say I can tell you that the correct answer was 10 years ago except for 2003 and 2004 (well we can add the begging of 2005 too, she did some great performances during that time such as the 3 Save The Music Performances and her BET Blueprint Special). Edited May 20, 2008 at 06:17 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
Bellamy Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:52 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:52 PM If you call voice cracks when she tried to belt notes, and out of tune sometimes as amazing performance. Quote Please support the forum by ordering everything through our special Amazon.com link Click here. Thank you!
Nikosn17 Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:55 PM Posted May 20, 2008 at 06:55 PM (edited) If you call voice cracks when she tried to belt notes, and out of tune sometimes as amazing performance. Well BET Blueprint was an amazing performance, you can't prove me wrong. It's so powerful. It's raspy at some places but that doesn't mean it's a bad performance. That makes it even better. And actually I don't hear the out of tune places. She sings out of tune very rare and that's not one of the cases. Edited May 20, 2008 at 06:56 PM by Nikosn17 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.