Jump to content

Mariah Carey: Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

5th week in Usa according to Hits Daily

 

#6 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 57,860 -35%

 

Maybe Billboard will give her more :thumbsup2:

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
5th week in Usa according to Hits Daily

 

#6 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 57,860 -35%

 

Maybe Billboard will give her more :thumbsup2:

 

and I though #4 was bad ... but since her only promo is the wedding yay at those numbers.

 

There is a rumour about her performing tomorrow at American Idol but ... I doubt it.

Posted
5th week in Usa according to Hits Daily

 

#6 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 57,860 -35%

 

Maybe Billboard will give her more :thumbsup2:

 

and I though #4 was bad ... but since her only promo is the wedding yay at those numbers.

 

There is a rumour about her performing tomorrow at American Idol but ... I doubt it.

wedding and the new single increasing spins on the radios ^_^

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
5th week in Usa according to Hits Daily

 

#6 MARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 57,860 -35%

 

Maybe Billboard will give her more :thumbsup2:

 

and I though #4 was bad ... but since her only promo is the wedding yay at those numbers.

 

There is a rumour about her performing tomorrow at American Idol but ... I doubt it.

wedding and the new single increasing spins on the radios ^_^

 

That's not very true cause ''Bye Bye'' impressions are rising with 1-2 millions every day since forever... nothing that different these days.

Posted
are u serious? :blink: that's so much that will help the song to hit top 10 very soon so that a HUGE promo!Celine never had 1-2 millions per day :D

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted (edited)
are u serious? :blink: that's so much that will help the song to hit top 10 very soon so that a HUGE promo!Celine never had 1-2 millions per day :D

 

Yeah cause for example Touch My Body the first few days was doing more than 7M per day. I remember that the impressions for TMB the first 3 days were more than the WBT's impressions for the first 15 days or something like that, I don't remember very well but it was very impressive. That is why I'm saying Bye Bye is growing very slow.

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted
but TMB was the first single so it was normal but 1-2 millions per day is an amazing radio promo! so she still has promo wich will help album sales, dont u worry! :P

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted (edited)

I'm Sorry but some people have to get their facts straight her voice is getting really bad, everyone here besides Bellamy, and VinnyT.... are in LA LA LAND, or the world of Mimi maybe in the late 80's early 90's but not in 2008...comeback and I really sont know how all these people who think Mariah can still sing live...she gets by because of her NAME and GENRE of music every song she sings with a RAPPER.

-Nmj

Edited by Nmj
Posted (edited)
I'm Sorry but some people have to get their facts straight her voice is getting really bad, everyone here besides Bellamy, and VinnyT.... are in LA LA LAND, or the world of Mimi maybe in the late 80's early 90's but not in 2008...comeback and I really sont know how all these people who think Mariah can still sing live...she gets by because of her NAME and GENRE of music every song she sings with a RAPPER.

-Nmj

Yeah, she really sounds like crap nowadays and frankly she should think about taking singing lessons because she sounds even worst than some wannabe karaoke singers. :lol:

Edited by Calypso
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
I'm Sorry but some people have to get their facts straight her voice is getting really bad, everyone here besides Bellamy, and VinnyT.... are in LA LA LAND, or the world of Mimi maybe in the late 80's early 90's but not in 2008...comeback and I really sont know how all these people who think Mariah can still sing live...she gets by because of her NAME and GENRE of music every song she sings with a RAPPER.

-Nmj

 

Well it's not like only Bellamy and Vinny see that. I admit that too at least 2 times in this thread.

Posted
5th week:

 

Switzerland from #23 to #36

 

She should represent Switzerland on this years' EVSC!!!! Perhaps it would help her sales!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Posted
Maybe that's why she has lipped all those songs on tour. I highly doubt she could sing a song like All By Myself ever again. But it's understandable because most female voices start to deteriorate in their late 30s. I'm not insulting her because I know her tour schedule is extremely packed. But I think the fans deserve better considering the money they are putting out to watch her LIVE.

 

What??? First of all she sing Because You Loved Me 100% live and All By Myself is 98% live only the high note ''ANYMOOORE'' is lip-synced to rest her voice. And she can still sing beautifully My Heart Will Go On 100% LIVE! Watch her performance at ''Dancing With The Stars'' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPUir7VslY...feature=related

 

Read: I said on tour. MHWGO on DWTS was one of the few performances she actually did live for her TC promotion. And I'm sure many Celine fans agree with me based on the feedback we've seen in the Tour Discussion board. Many of them think that the songs sound exactly the same on different dates.

 

The high note of "All By Myself" maybe is vocoded, but definitely live, and the end note is live too. Mariah can only dream on doing that. I didn't see any solid performance of "Hero" in ten years at least, not to mention "Without You".

 

Of course Celine still can sing MHWGO perfectly, it's not a hard song for her after all. Obviously she lipsync it cause she's getting sick of it like many of us. But she can't avoid sing it to the public.

 

There was a good performance of Without You on her 2004 tour. And I agree that MHWGO is not one of Celine's more vocally demanding songs.

 

Hello? i didnt say each mariah fan hates celine! no way! i just said i read comments and if you pay more attention you will see that i also say "mariah fans and others"but no matter u like both i have to say that i see u only in this topic i dont remember u somewhere else! :D

 

You did say that you were seeing what "everyone else sees", though. And yes, Celine and Mariah are both #1 for me. Maybe you have been spending too much time on this thread. :)

 

True, but Mary J Blige and Kylie Minogue are only 2 examples. And the two of them are nowhere near Celine or Mariah in terms of status. It also doesn't change the fact that many record companies choose to release records around the Christmas season to milk the labum for all its worth. True, Celine is definitely a more international sound than Mariah. For your comment on sales, read above. If you read carefully, you would see that I don't think that TCH is a flop. But neither does it have stellar sales for an artist of her status.

 

I gave u just 2 examples but we can talk about ashley simpson as well, that after 2 good seller cd's the third one was a completely flop neither mother's day helped her!No one said TCH has stellar sales but E=Mc2 neither! :ermm: that's why i said if TCH is a flop same should be for mariah's cd

 

 

Hello?Hello? we were just comparing the album at the same staus which is 4 weeks after the release date(then who knows as i said many times but i think u dont read carefully no, not at all). For many TCH world wide sales were disappointing after 4 weeks(1 month) so should be the same for an artist as Mariah with 18 n1 singles etc etc

 

Neither Ashlee Simpson nor Kylie Minogue are comparable to Celine or Mariah in terms of status.

 

I just don't agree with this form of comparison (as I've said before) because the TCH tour is still ongoing and Mariah has not really promoted E=MC2 outside of the USA except for a few appearances in Europe and that a comparison a few months later makes more sense to me. But the method of comparison is a matter of opinion. And my opinion is just that. And I can read fine, thank you. A difference of opinion doesn't mean i can't read.

 

It depends, Celine is doing 5 times better than mariah in Europe but she is not european, Madonna is doing better than Mariah in Canada and in Japan but she is not canadian neither japanese!It depends on the kind of music a country likes most, not on where u come from!

 

 

I totally agree. If you read my earlier post, I actually said that Celine is a more international artist as pop music reaches a wider audience. Madonna is also a more international artist. I never agreed with the comment on how Taking Chances did better in Canada just because Celine is Canadian anyway.

 

At least Celine can still sing beautifully her old songs live such Because You Loved Me, All By Myself, My Heart Will Go On... unlike Mariah

 

You cant compare vocally Celine and Mariah, Celine's voice changed but she is still great, Mariah's voice is dead and that's a matter of fact!you dont want to compare both but I think someone else started(including you! when u notices mariah was not doing so great) I just post positions and info. then if you want to celebrate mariah no successful sales this is not the right topic.

It would be so good having a topic just to talk about her 18 n1 her n1 album in Usa, if you wanna talk about something you have to give all the info like we do with Celine good and bad news!

 

Agreed! They can't be compared just for the simple fact that they are different. And I don't think anyone has actually objected to you posting chart positions and stuff, whether good or bad. Saves us the trouble. :flowers:

 

The problem here is that the whole purpose of this thread has not been met, which is about E=MC2 in itself, not how well it does in comparison to TCH, much less about Mariah in comparison to Celine. For me personally, I wouldn't even be saying all this if people just said what they hated about the album instead of comparing it to TCH. Different genre, different singer. What's the point?

 

 

 

people... Mariah can't sing Celine songs but I also think Celine can't sing Mariah's so this is an unnecesary discusion. How can you ask which one can sing better a certain song? That's pointless.

And about the Without You performances. There were pretty good performances of Without You during The CB Tour 2003/2004 also some great performances from Rainbow Tour 2000 (there was an amazing performance from Italy but YouTube deleted it, if someone insist to hear it I have the audio). She didn't perform the song during ''The Adventures Of Mimi''. I agree on most of the points with corr_azy... of course Celine still has a great singing voice and saved her voice better ... and actually she was always a concert artist. I mean she has done much more and longer tours than Mariah just because her voice is stronger.

Mariah has nodules (she said that herself) and they can't be the same as before 20 years... so don't bring drugs and what not. The main reason are her nodules which allow her to do the whistle notes but at the same time when her whistle register is stronger her belting voice is getting s*it.

 

 

Celine has the better singing voice now. No one's debating that. But in Mariah's defence, she's never has singing lessons unlike Whitney or Celine, and I don't think she's really known how to take care of her voice.

 

I'm Sorry but some people have to get their facts straight her voice is getting really bad, everyone here besides Bellamy, and VinnyT.... are in LA LA LAND, or the world of Mimi maybe in the late 80's early 90's but not in 2008...comeback and I really sont know how all these people who think Mariah can still sing live...she gets by because of her NAME and GENRE of music every song she sings with a RAPPER.

-Nmj

 

Agreed! I am a bigger fan of her stuff before 1998 actually. Mariah can still sing live and have the occasional good performance, but she's nowhere near how she sounded in the 90s. Gets by because of a rapper? Do count the #1s she has had as a solo artist. And she started doing RnB way back in 1997, when she didn't even have to as she had just released Daydream, her most successful album to date. She gets by no doubt because of her name, but also because she is involved in the creative process of her albums.

Posted
You are so right about everything you said corr_azy. :)
Posted
and i wish this thread will soon live up to its title. it's not a mariah vs. celine vs. madonna vs. whitney thread after all.
Posted
and i wish this thread will soon live up to its title. it's not a mariah vs. celine vs. madonna vs. whitney thread after all.

 

exactly, it turned out to be something different. Why we have to compare them?

Posted
You did say that you were seeing what "everyone else sees", though. And yes, Celine and Mariah are both #1 for me. Maybe you have been spending too much time on this thread. :)

 

Yeah I see like others that some of you are trying to justify Mariah not stellar sales! that's obvious!And Yes they could be both n1 for u but i still see u only in this topic! I will spend all the time I want here like in other topics like u should do sometimes :)

 

Neither Ashlee Simpson nor Kylie Minogue are comparable to Celine or Mariah in terms of status.

 

I just don't agree with this form of comparison (as I've said before) because the TCH tour is still ongoing and Mariah has not really promoted E=MC2 outside of the USA except for a few appearances in Europe and that a comparison a few months later makes more sense to me. But the method of comparison is a matter of opinion. And my opinion is just that. And I can read fine, thank you. A difference of opinion doesn't mean i can't read.

 

What?Mariah promoted the album in UK for example where she has also more airplay than celine! but her album for now flopped big time! Celine didnt visit Netherlands Mariah neither but Mariah flopped big time(no matter the huge airplay confirmed by davey a member from Netherlands).Celine didnt visit many countries in Europe and her album sold quite good!Once again even if you dont like it, we compared the album after 1 month. Then who knows we will see. But I think like u're free to compare them after few months we all are free to compare them after 1 month! :D OK for u a comparison is good after few months we just did it after 1 month that's ok.

Everytime it is right to find an excuse, now it's because celine took singing classes etc etc Come on!

maybe celine saved her voice better! maybe celine had a better kind of voice that is stronger also after years!

 

Lower sales for Mariah= Because she didnt promote it that much(without count the Huge airplay she has around the world :P )

Mariah lost her voice,Celine didnt = Because Celine took singing lessions

 

Everytime there's an excuse! :D

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted

I highly doubt Mariah's biggest dream was to loose her voice.

Don't tell me you have never made excuses about Celine.

And I really think that Celine has no place in this thread at least I don't think the main topic should be Mariah VS Celine cause you know we are on a site which name happened to be celinedionforum.com , so of course a thread Mariah VS Celine at a Celine Dion board is pointless.

Why is not the Madonna thread , Madonna VS Celine ?

Posted (edited)

and btw

 

BYE BYE music video is #1 on YAHOO

 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

 

HELL YEAH !!!!

 

The music video to Bye Bye skyrocketed this week from 17-1 on Yahoo (Launch) Top 100 videos!!!

 

Check out the list here

http://new.music.yahoo.com/charts/

 

 

And by the way as far as I'm concerned these affect the Billboard Hot 100 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

 

I'm now more optimistic about this song. :giggle: :flowers: :whistling:

 

 

 

And now it's already comfirmed that Mariah is starting promotion in Japan next week :clap:

Edited by Nikosn17
Posted (edited)
I highly doubt Mariah's biggest dream was to loose her voice.

 

I didnt say that!

 

 

 

don't tell me you have never made excuses about Celine.

 

I admit bad and good things

 

 

Why is not the Madonna thread , Madonna VS Celine ?

 

I also posted info and sales in Madonna's topic but no one started any comparison(because it was not my intention) excepted dhena... :whistling:

So it seems like someone else like "war" :confused:

 

PS

I'm not a madonna's fan I just give info, plus did usee about bye bye? I was right she has very huge promo, and I'm sure the promo in Japan will help her as well :flowers:

BTW 5th week

 

France from#25 to #35

Edited by VinnyT.

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted

Anyway... I'm tired of the battle in this thread. Let's move on :sofunny:

 

I really hope she'll be back in Europe after that. She needs to go there badly :sofunny:

Posted

From Billboard 5th week:

 

Mariah Carey's Island Def Jam album "E=MC2" flip-flops with it, falling 5-6 with 59,000

 

so 2k more than Hits Daily

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted
me Vinny? why why why? LOL :P

yes YOU the same person which in this topic wrote that "war was not the answer" and you know what I'm talking about :sofunny: then Madonna's topic was the right place to fight :sofunny:

For Exclusive News "Like Us" on Facebook

 

http://i44.tinypic.com/vfjwad.jpg

click on the banner

Posted

My God, have been away and now I see this topic is turned into a Céline vs Mariah live kindathing.

 

Well, of course Céline is the better live artist, although she could never do the really high notes I love from Mariah.

 

But Mariah is the better recording artist. I still play E=MC² every day. Couldn't say that about Taking Chances after a month... In fact there are only four really great songs on Taking Chances, while E=MC² sounds like having at least eight hitsingles on it.

Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Posted
Ok.... Mariah Carey CANT SING!!!! she is not classy at all... she loves herself and looks absolutely ridiculous in those figure hugging short dresses she wears! she thinks she's still 20! she should wear clothes that are appropriate for her age! :angry2:
http://melodyplant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/celine-dion.jpg
Posted
Mariah Carey CAN'T SING!!!!! she loves herself and ooks ridicuous in those short figure hugging dresses she wears! She wails.... wailing is not singing! nd please... classy??? i dont think so!
http://melodyplant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/celine-dion.jpg
Posted
she thinks she's still 20! she should wear clothes that are appropriate for her age! :angry2: [/size]

 

You are too funny. How do you find time to go to topics about singers you don't like?

 

And no, she doesn't think she's 20. She says she feels like being "eternally 12".

 

I'm about the same age as Mariah and I still buy children's clothes. One day, when you'll be nearly 40 you'll think different about this age thing. (Well, at least I hope you'll still feel young and won't buy clothes of your great grandparents...)

Céline Dion Mariah Carey Madonna Lara Fabian Debbie Gibson Wilson Phillips Linda Eder Tina Arena Martika
Posted

Yes I'm with you Ray! I'm the oldest of this board - 84 years old and I'm still buying clothes XS and maximum S!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to be sexy although my skin is hanging and it's hard to hold my cicciolle in one place (I hold them on my back for convenience). I always say I'll be eternally 14! Not 12 like Mariah cuzz 14 is good = 14 is a legal age for a boy in most European countries for sexual intercourse so I'm eternally 14!!!!!

 

My Gayromeo nick: eternally14!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come PM Me! Lyon!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/dmreJ.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...