Jump to content

Courage World Tour - EU shows CANCELED


Recommended Posts

Posted

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

https://www.celinedion.com/in-concert/

https://www.celinedi...eduled-to-2022/

"The European leg of Celine Dion’s “Courage World Tour” is still scheduled to begin May 25, 2022 in Birmingham, England. "

Posted

But the shows are scheduled to happen. They haven’t been cancelled.

 

So why assume they’re cancelled until you’re told they are on? I’m assuming they’re on until I’m told they’re cancelled.

 

TeamCeline could announce tomorrow “getting excited Europe, see you soon” and then in 3 weeks Celine could get ill again and scrap the tour anyway.

 

A “going ahead” announcement today has no bearing on what’ll happen a month from now.

 

I get your point but we have had 2 different set of cancellations/postponements in the last 6 months. That coupled with radio silence explains the need for confirmation now surely? You’re correct in that they’re scheduled to happen so why assume cancelled but it’s a fair assumption given the recent past.

 

As for anything could happen in the next month, yep that is true. However the law of averages or the likelihood is that something will happen in a months time if it’s planned for now. It’s not guaranteed of course but chances are it will.

 

I completely get your point Shaun, don’t get me wrong, but if we use the last 6 months as an indicator then they need to update people.

  • Like 2
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

I see posts like that in the internet too, so it's likely not just here on the forum that people want an announcement from team celine... I hope it won't be the case that seats will stay empty because people weren't sure if they should come and stayed away
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

 

I get your point but we have had 2 different set of cancellations/postponements in the last 6 months. That coupled with radio silence explains the need for confirmation now surely? You’re correct in that they’re scheduled to happen so why assume cancelled but it’s a fair assumption given the recent past.

 

As for anything could happen in the next month, yep that is true. However the law of averages or the likelihood is that something will happen in a months time if it’s planned for now. It’s not guaranteed of course but chances are it will.

 

I completely get your point Shaun, don’t get me wrong, but if we use the last 6 months as an indicator then they need to update people.

 

Oh I absolutely understand your point of view. Like I said to Kev, perhaps given the circumstances of the last 2 years a special announcement would be nice.

 

However, they will see it as the shows are on and scheduled to happen. So why announce that the shows are on and scheduled to happen?

 

Imagine the uproar if they made that announcement today or even put out that “rehearsals are going well” that some are wanting and then, for whatever reason, the shows were cancelled anyway. They really can’t win.

 

I do understand the “need” for clarity, I’m going to be travelling hundreds of miles myself to attend shows. I guess I just see it as no news is good news.

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 4

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

 

 

Oh I absolutely understand your point of view. Like I said to Kev, perhaps given the circumstances of the last 2 years a special announcement would be nice.

 

However, they will see it as the shows are on and scheduled to happen. So why announce that the shows are on and scheduled to happen?

 

Imagine the uproar if they made that announcement today or even put out that “rehearsals are going well” that some are wanting and then, for whatever reason, the shows were cancelled anyway. They really can’t win.

 

I do understand the “need” for clarity, I’m going to be travelling hundreds of miles myself to attend shows. I guess I just see it as no news is good news.

 

I hope so Shaun!

 

Kev x

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Well I do not think this silence sounds good. If everything was certain they would have communicated already. So they are certainly waiting a few days more to see if Celine is ok or not.

 

I ve never believed that much in this spasm issues. Somehow I think that the only thing that could stop her is if she would lost her voice. Let s see.

Edited by Ajax
Posted

Omg!! It looks like the European tour has been postponed to 2023!!! :crybaby:9f2694b02fcf57afefe0fad6d06d4670.jpg

 

It seems the message has now been deleted from facebook... But I'm sure the official announcement from Céline will come later today :unsure: damnit! I feel sorry Céline is still feeling ill, but i also very sorry for having to wait yet another year till we can finally see her again :sweat: :cry1:

  • Like 3


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

Omg!! It looks like the European tour has been postponed to 2023!!! :crybaby:9f2694b02fcf57afefe0fad6d06d4670.jpg

 

It seems the message has now been deleted from facebook... But I'm sure the official announcement from Céline will come later today :unsure: damnit! I feel sorry Céline is still feeling ill, but i also very sorry for having to wait yet another year till we can finally see her again :sweat: :cry1:

 

Wow. I can’t help but think her health must be really bad. Not sure I buy the improving part. Sounds like they are postponing again and again and have no idea when she will be better. I could be wrong but just my 2 cents.

  • Like 1
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

If that's true, I'm left wondering, does Celine have a serious neurological problem? spasms are temporary, longer time can be a serious problem.

I can't believe we're going to wait another year.

  • Like 1
Posted
If that´s true it would be better to cancel tour and come with new tour when Céline is ready ... I know it´s complicated and too much money invested but 3 years is long time ...
http://www.supermusic.sk/obrazky/80543_Celine%209.jpg
Posted

Poor thing. She loves performing so much, and so much of her identity is tied to it, that not being able to do it must put her in a really dark place. And the stress of disappointing so many people - audience, obviously, but also the many that rely on her for a paycheck - exacerbates it even further. I hope she has good support around her, and not just physical.

 

Interesting that it's a postponement, not a cancelation. How many times now, three?

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

But I think they are pretty late giving this news because people buy their plane tickets, book hotels etc etc. Maybe that she gives some clearance and at least shows up in a video like she did for the Ukraine. People will get to the point of wanting their tickets back. I feel sorry for her but this is not how you communicate , so late.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)
Delete Edited by comingback
Posted (edited)

 

 

Wow. I can’t help but think her health must be really bad. Not sure I buy the improving part. Sounds like they are postponing again and again and have no idea when she will be better. I could be wrong but just my 2 cents.

 

Poor Celine, I hope she feels better soon. So my feeling was right. I'm glad that I didn't book a hotelroom.

Edited by comingback
Posted

But I think they are pretty late giving this news because people buy their plane tickets, book hotels etc etc. Maybe that she gives some clearance and at least shows up in a video like she did for the Ukraine. People will get to the point of wanting their tickets back. I feel sorry for her but this is not how you communicate , so late.

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

 

Yeah I think a video message is needed this time. I feel loads of people will now ask for refunds. Sad but that’s the reality of it. Only so long you can hold someones money without pissing them off.

  • Like 2
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

Maybe it's better to cancel and start a new turner, it's been 3 years, a long time.

She could give an interview and talk about her real situation, explain what is actually happening, all this silence is worrying.

  • Like 1
Posted

She could give an interview and talk about her real situation, explain what is actually happening, all this silence is worrying.

 

I agree! It would help us so much more to understand what is happening! It's these times where I really miss René! :down:

At least with him there would be someone communicating something!

  • Like 2


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

This is ridiculous. You do not have spasms this long. Not with the money she has for a medical team. This is a serious issue. The Ukraine video she looked puffy. Not herself. It’s a serious health issue. The silence confirms it. The tour needs scrapping. Celine will not be seen for some time. If ever.

 

I predict she’s retired. If she has. Good luck to her. She can do what she wants.

  • Like 1
Posted

This is ridiculous. You do not have spasms this long. Not with the money she has for a medical team. This is a serious issue.

 

Well, she's had throat spasm issues for years, so it seems this may be a more persistent and acute version, and from my cursory googling (hardly reliable!), it seems this is indeed something that can take years to get rid of. That's why I worry about her mental state. The inability to do the thing she loves and relies on must be devastating, physical symptoms aside.

 

(I've been re-reading the Denise Bombardier book, and she says directly in here she has throat spasms, and this was back in 2008. So seems a persistent issue that's gotten worse. "Savez-vouse ce que c'est que le syndrome du Globus? demante-t-elle avec de la frayeur dans le ton. C'est ce que j'ai, ajoute-t-elle. Pendant que je suis sur scene en train de chanter, je suis prise de spasmes. Ma voix ne repond plus, elle accroche dans ma gorge.")

  • Like 1
Posted
Couldn’t it be that this was a fake message? Since it’s been removed and since Pepe posted on his Facebook literally a week ago that she’s in top shape and ready to go to Paris next month… I’m just saying.. Wishful thinking maybe..
  • Like 1
Posted

Couldn’t it be that this was a fake message? Since it’s been removed and since Pepe posted on his Facebook literally a week ago that she’s in top shape and ready to go to Paris next month… I’m just saying.. Wishful thinking maybe..

 

Pepe is not on Facebook.

Posted

I have a ticket for the upcoming tour, and I'm not losing any sleep over not hearing re-confirmation of something that's already been confirmed. Sure, anything can happen and dates could be canceled - and may well be - but I see no reason to stress out over a possibility when there's been no indication of it being a probability. (And I'll be traveling ~8,000 miles for the show, so it's not like it's next door for me, either.)

 

I understand people wanting more and I'm not arguing against them providing an update - particularly in the form of a rehearsals update or similar rather than a redundant, unnecessary "yes, those shows that we told you were happening are still happening" post. It would be a simple thing for them to do. But god, the obsessive drama and entitlement on display in this thread is exhausting, albeit not surprising.

It's not absurd for people who are shelling out a ton of money to want a confirmation from a star who has done a lot of cancelling in the last 10 years. I hope you're travelling for more than just to see Céline.

  • Like 4

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)

I just see a tweet from Greenhouse talent confirming the postponed tour..

 

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Edited by Davey84
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

She records a Vegas commercial, has some scenes in a movie.

 

I truly wonder, how do these spasms affect her performance?

Isn't she able to sing? To control her body?

Isn't she able to move all day.

 

'muscle spasms' can be anything.

 

A bit more info would be nice to give us all a bit peace of mind.

 

About the tour, just call it a day, cancel, refund.

And come back with something new and fresh.

At this pace it's time for her farewell tour next.

  • Like 1
Posted

I just see a tweet from Greenhouse talent confirming the postponed tour..

 

https://twitter.com/...z5_p5l6EcMHPTaQ

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I just see a tweet from Greenhouse talent confirming the postponed tour..

 

https://twitter.com/...903673304367107

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

 

that's my screenshot :P :lmao:


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

We don’t know this is actually true or not yet.

 

The statement doesn’t seem right. I could be wrong.

 

Kev x

  • Like 2
Posted

 

that's my screenshot :P :lmao:

 

Haha okay well anyway we already thought it was strange they did not post anything , and now we have it - yet another cancellation. Postponing to 2023 and then coronavirus variant zeldacron comes up and postponement to 2024…etc etc

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

They need to just cancel it outright. It’s ridiculous to tour 4 years after the tickets sold, and unfair to expect people to wait.

 

I hope she’s ok.

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...