Jump to content

Courage World Tour - EU shows CANCELED


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

 

But how long did they wait to cancel Resorts World? Wasn’t it only three or four weeks before the show?

More like two weeks… wasn’t it October 20th they announced for the November 5th premiere? I mean we still went to Vegas and I understand they wanted to push through and see if Celine could do it, but I feel for these people having tickets for the tour and just waiting to see if it will go ahead. I’d really hate for it just to be cancelled at the last second, or a week before.

Edited by CelineDionFreak
  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted
Apparently many concert venues are going through bidding wars right now between various performers and acts wanting to book their shows. I can't imagine any of these arenas would want to lose business for even one night. So either AEG has major insurance in the event of these last minute cancellations or they have major acts lined up that can immediately slide into her slots if they open up.
Posted

This situation highlights the need for increased enforcement of fair refund policies for refunds and reservations. Corporate stinginess and greed need to be decreased.

 

I would not presumed they are cancelled, but I understand the strange feeling when the tour is never mentioned or alluded to by her or her team. But if the ticket company or venues are sending out emails and updates (are they?) then that should give some relief.

Posted

This situation highlights the need for increased enforcement of fair refund policies for refunds and reservations. Corporate stinginess and greed need to be decreased.

 

I would not presumed they are cancelled, but I understand the strange feeling when the tour is never mentioned or alluded to by her or her team. But if the ticket company or venues are sending out emails and updates (are they?) then that should give some relief.

 

These are more than likely automated system emails sent in massive amounts in order to update you on their luggage policy. The system recognized the ticket holder is headed to the venue so they sent him that email.

 

I wouldn't draw a positive outcome just because anyone received that email.

Posted
I’m thinking of buying tickets for Zurich and waiting to see if the first Uk shows actually happen before I book flights lol… wish they didn’t keep us high and dry. Must mean she’s trying to make it happen… I hope she is able to do the European leg completely healthy
  • Like 3
Posted

These are more than likely automated system emails sent in massive amounts in order to update you on their luggage policy. The system recognized the ticket holder is headed to the venue so they sent him that email.

 

I wouldn't draw a positive outcome just because anyone received that email.

 

I meant moreso the reminder / hype emails or ones with more specific informatin that you sometimes get, merch ones, etc. Like "30 days until the Celine Dion party at [insert arena here], are you ready?" .... but yes you're right automated emails should not be mistaken for comfort here

Posted

It's pretty ridiculous to appear in a video (whatever the purpose may be) and not to record a video for fans after all this time when the level of uncertainty is skyrocketing as to if performances are going to happen.

I still think they'll wait until the last minute to see if she's able to do it or not.

  • Like 3

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

So all these months now that we've been out of lockdown but she was unable to perform, I wonder if perhaps she at least spent some time in the studio? What a wonderful surprise that would be, if she came back not only to the stage, but with some new material.

It's been 3 years since Courage, 6 since Encore un soir. She's due for an album. I know she'll never match the release schedule of the past but surely she's not done recording. I have a hard time believing she was just sitting on her hands these past 2 years. For somebody who's been working pretty much non-stop since age 12, that's just hard to fathom.

  • Like 5
Posted

So all these months now that we've been out of lockdown but she was unable to perform, I wonder if perhaps she at least spent some time in the studio? What a wonderful surprise that would be, if she came back not only to the stage, but with some new material.

It's been 3 years since Courage, 6 since Encore un soir. She's due for an album. I know she'll never match the release schedule of the past but surely she's not done recording. I have a hard time believing she was just sitting on her hands these past 2 years. For somebody who's been working pretty much non-stop since age 12, that's just hard to fathom.

 

That's a good question I was wondering about too, what with new songs in French. Sadly I believe Sony will be very careful with releasing a new album in English after what happened with Courage and the stupid idea to start a tour before the complete album is out.

 

Let's say if she does come back with live shows, here a smart idea will be to put out a new song, or to make a surprising collaboration in order to create buzz but there is no time for that. Her team is clueless.

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted

They could do release the long awaited Lying Down music video, with Sia and David Guetta.

 

Or a special edition of Courage, imperfections

  • Like 1
Posted

Her team is clueless.

It's quite surprising how dumb a group of people can be

  • Like 5
Posted

They could do release the long awaited Lying Down music video, with Sia and David Guetta.

 

Or a special edition of Courage, imperfections

 

So many great ideas out there, this is behind incredible how they let her career to fade away.

  • Like 1

"Needed in the chaos and confusion, from the plains to City Hall

Needed where the proud who walk the wire are set to fall"

Posted
if this tour is to resume as planned. when would we see her band anywhere around town rehearsling . when would they leave to start heading over to the UK, I know that it takes time to get the equipment over there in time to start , (Stage/ Trucks ) ,, But I also know that alot of us fans follow her band on social Media , but I havent seen nothing from then either
Posted

if this tour is to resume as planned. when would we see her band anywhere around town rehearsling . when would they leave to start heading over to the UK, I know that it takes time to get the equipment over there in time to start , (Stage/ Trucks ) ,, But I also know that alot of us fans follow her band on social Media , but I havent seen nothing from then either

 

If I remember correctly someone said she was planning to do the same as she did in 2017 and stay in Paris, and just fly out to the different cities the days of the show… so if anything you’d be more likely to see her in Paris. But I doubt you’d see her before the week before the first show, she’s likely to stay in Vegas for as long as possible if the shows are to indeed go ahead

  • Like 1
Posted

if this tour is to resume as planned. when would we see her band anywhere around town rehearsling . when would they leave to start heading over to the UK, I know that it takes time to get the equipment over there in time to start , (Stage/ Trucks ) ,, But I also know that alot of us fans follow her band on social Media , but I havent seen nothing from then either

 

If the info shared by Le Parisien last February is true, the rehearsals will start in UK at the beginning of May.

Posted

If the info shared by Le Parisien last February is true, the rehearsals will start in UK at the beginning of May.

 

was that a tweet from le parisien or an article?

Posted

It's pretty ridiculous to appear in a video (whatever the purpose may be) and not to record a video for fans after all this time when the level of uncertainty is skyrocketing as to if performances are going to happen.

 

But the level of uncertainty isn't skyrocketing at all. It's only a few fanatics who are deeply obsessing and stressing out over something that hasn't happened yet. To the vast majority of concert-goers, they have their tickets, they know the rescheduled dates, and in the absence of news to the contrary, they're expecting the show to go on.

 

I understand some people who pay attention to every detail of Céline's life and career know a lot of additional context and are concerned that the concerts might not go ahead or that her health is a big issue (and who knows, that could prove true), and that a simple word of confirmation would be appreciated. But businesses aren't in the habit of driving uncertainty by reconfirming something that most people never thought of as being in question anyway. And make no mistake, Céline is a business. Her relationship to her fans is just a part of that business. (I'm not suggesting that she doesn't appreciate her fans, but she's a professional working in a business where fans are important but it's necessary to keep them at a remove. She's not sitting there obsessing over her fans and what they think of her all day long. She's got shopping to do!)

  • Like 1
Posted
Personally I was very pleased to see her release that new short clip about Ukraine. It had been months without a photo or vid of hers and I was worried. Also, happy to see her looking healthy, she gained some weight and her face looks fuller 👌🏻
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

She's not sitting there obsessing over her fans and what they think of her all day long. She's got shopping to do!)

That's fair. I go shopping too but when I go shopping I put down a list so that I don't forget a thing :sofunny:

Edited by Mudo
Posted

Remember the time when Team Celine used to post random Celine photos during the start of pandemic, now that was something! Recent photos in HD!

 

Now it's just throwbacks and anniversaries like its the account of some dead celebrity.

  • Like 6
Posted

 

 

But the level of uncertainty isn't skyrocketing at all. It's only a few fanatics who are deeply obsessing and stressing out over something that hasn't happened yet. To the vast majority of concert-goers, they have their tickets, they know the rescheduled dates, and in the absence of news to the contrary, they're expecting the show to go on.

 

I understand some people who pay attention to every detail of Céline's life and career know a lot of additional context and are concerned that the concerts might not go ahead or that her health is a big issue (and who knows, that could prove true), and that a simple word of confirmation would be appreciated. But businesses aren't in the habit of driving uncertainty by reconfirming something that most people never thought of as being in question anyway. And make no mistake, Céline is a business. Her relationship to her fans is just a part of that business. (I'm not suggesting that she doesn't appreciate her fans, but she's a professional working in a business where fans are important but it's necessary to keep them at a remove. She's not sitting there obsessing over her fans and what they think of her all day long. She's got shopping to do!)

 

I agree. I bit the bullet last night and booked my plane ticket to Dublin.

Posted

 

 

I agree. I bit the bullet last night and booked my plane ticket to Dublin.

 

 

Yay! I can’t wait for the Dublin shows. I imagine they will be emotional for her, first time here since Rene passed and all the memories of Eurovision and their first kiss. The Irish audiences are going to be so loving.

  • Like 1
EZRRIMBUMAEcL2n.jpg

Posted

And pissed!

 

First night out for most in more than two years :P

  • Like 1
Posted

Remember the time when Team Celine used to post random Celine photos during the start of pandemic, now that was something! Recent photos in HD!

 

Now it's just throwbacks and anniversaries like its the account of some dead celebrity.

 

Immortality, oh babayyy :whistling:

Posted
if this tour does end up going on as planned , I cant wait to the Video's and live stream ,
Posted

This actually looks quite similar to how the drones move during MHWGO. Particularly the light coming down to the palm of the hand.

 

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet
Posted

Use of drones was real good, the best visuals and techniques for that song ever!

 

 

I think it would have looked better if all lights were closed, just a black stage and drones and the screen. Nothing else. Quite similar to the above clip.

Posted

I am following Pepe Munoz on Facebook and he is posting two videos right now , one of Celine sitting on one of the stage attributes ( something that is moving) and I don’t know if that is a oldie, anyway he says Celine is in topshape and he also shared a video with snippets from the courage tour in HD with caption - Band advert ( Bande annonce)

 

 

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...