scielle Posted September 3, 2019 at 03:50 PM Posted September 3, 2019 at 03:50 PM (edited) Well, we've got a release date: Nov 11 2020 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Also, the Gaumont sales team will be at TIFF this / next week to sell it, so they're definitely gunning for international distribution.https://www.cineuropa.org/it/newsdetail/377409 Edited September 3, 2019 at 03:52 PM by scielle 3 Quote
scielle Posted September 5, 2019 at 12:34 PM Posted September 5, 2019 at 12:34 PM (edited) https://www.journald...on-nouveau-role A little bit from Sylvain Marcel - "«Ce n’est pas une imitation, c’est vraiment un personnage qui a un autre nom, mais il lui ressemble pas mal. Valérie Lemercier m’a dit qu’elle ne voulait pas faire une parodie. À ses yeux, Céline est une mégastar, et elle n’avait pas envie de rire d’elle, mais plutôt de l’honorer», a expliqué celui qu’on pourra voir dans la nouvelle série Les Honorables." Edited September 5, 2019 at 12:34 PM by scielle 1 Quote
scielle Posted September 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM Posted September 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM (edited) Lots of promo for the - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Looks like they're in the market looking for international distribution: https://variety.com/...ive-1203109550/ Hopefully those of us outside of francophone markets get to see it. Edited September 12, 2019 at 01:00 PM by scielle Quote
scielle Posted September 25, 2019 at 02:20 AM Posted September 25, 2019 at 02:20 AM OK this entire interview is just quotes from Celine songs! 2 Quote
scielle Posted October 5, 2019 at 02:31 PM Posted October 5, 2019 at 02:31 PM (edited) So, has anyone here seen this?Top of French box office at the moment!Wonder what Celine thinks of it. (Also, Geraldine is such a fan... It's quite adorable, really. https://www.instagra.../p/B2w9KN2ICqo/) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited October 5, 2019 at 02:37 PM by scielle 3 Quote
scielle Posted October 31, 2019 at 12:26 AM Posted October 31, 2019 at 12:26 AM (edited) OK I'm having a very hard time picturing what this movie is going to be.When Valerie initially said she'd play Celine from age 5 to 50... I didn't take that literally, but sounds like I should have! Just... can't quite picture how this is gonna work Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited October 31, 2019 at 12:26 AM by scielle 1 Quote
scielle Posted November 19, 2019 at 06:17 AM Posted November 19, 2019 at 06:17 AM She's asked about the Valerie Lemercier film at the very end of this interview. Says she has heard of it, but not from Valerie herself, and hasn't met her. But is looking forward to seeing it and hopes it's good. (Sounds like a tacit blessing.) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 11, 2019 at 01:35 PM Posted December 11, 2019 at 01:35 PM (edited) So, i just finished watching “Judy”, a biopic film of Judy Garland. It’s a great movie and emotional. I cried the end my gosh I hope this film about Céline will be great as well and i want some emotional scene that really makes the people watching cry too like i did with Judy’s movie. Edited December 11, 2019 at 01:36 PM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 21, 2019 at 11:25 AM Posted December 21, 2019 at 11:25 AM So, next year we will have Aretha film Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Quote
Neddo Posted December 21, 2019 at 04:09 PM Posted December 21, 2019 at 04:09 PM Could Play Me Like A Love Song be for this movie? Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
scielle Posted December 21, 2019 at 04:25 PM Posted December 21, 2019 at 04:25 PM Could Play Me Like A Love Song be for this movie? Which movie? Quote
Neddo Posted December 21, 2019 at 04:45 PM Posted December 21, 2019 at 04:45 PM Which movie?The one that comes out sooner. Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
scielle Posted December 21, 2019 at 07:01 PM Posted December 21, 2019 at 07:01 PM The one that comes out sooner. The Valerie Lemercier one? That's slated for a Nov 2020 release, and it's in French. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted December 21, 2019 at 08:35 PM Posted December 21, 2019 at 08:35 PM For sure, it will be PQTME Quote
Neddo Posted December 21, 2019 at 11:07 PM Posted December 21, 2019 at 11:07 PM Thats too late lol Quote http://imageshack.us/a/img138/7804/5tq2.png
scielle Posted January 4, 2020 at 07:18 PM Posted January 4, 2020 at 07:18 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
Nando Férri Posted January 7, 2020 at 04:18 PM Posted January 7, 2020 at 04:18 PM So it’s not a biography about her life, but a story based on her life with a fictional character called Aline. Mmm... Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
Céline RO Posted January 7, 2020 at 06:37 PM Posted January 7, 2020 at 06:37 PM 1578413896[/url]' post='2374200']So it's not a biography about her life, but a story based on her life with a fictional character called Aline. Mmm... All of a sudden, it doesn’t sound that exciting anymore... although it’s probably better as I will cringe less Quote The best is yet to come...
smw Posted January 7, 2020 at 08:31 PM Posted January 7, 2020 at 08:31 PM So it's not a biography about her life, but a story based on her life with a fictional character called Aline. Mmm... I think this is for the best. Her life story shouldn't be told this soon anyways. She's got a lot of years left in her legendary life. Then her story can be told on film. Fingers crossed this is a great film! Can't wait to see it. 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted January 7, 2020 at 09:24 PM Posted January 7, 2020 at 09:24 PM Will this be release worldwide or just in french speaking countries? Quote
Chantemoi Posted January 8, 2020 at 07:50 PM Posted January 8, 2020 at 07:50 PM I wonder if it will be campy kind of comedy? Quote
Balao Posted January 11, 2020 at 04:46 AM Posted January 11, 2020 at 04:46 AM The character is called Aline Dieu, not Céline Dion. Valérie Lemercier changed some parts of her life, I guess, and probably she didn't get the personality rights. And also she will play the role of Céline or should I say Aline in every part of her life. No younger actress to play Céline in her younger years, even in her childhood and teenage years. So that will be a very strange kind of film but that can be very funny and interesting. Quote
todos Posted January 11, 2020 at 04:03 PM Posted January 11, 2020 at 04:03 PM (edited) All I Hope for is That the Movie is funny and entertaining. Can’t wait for the trailer this summer hopefully. Edited January 11, 2020 at 04:04 PM by todos 1 Quote
scielle Posted January 11, 2020 at 05:01 PM Posted January 11, 2020 at 05:01 PM (edited) I wonder if it will be campy kind of comedy? It's hard to place. Valerie Lemercier said about 2 years ago that " ", but it's hard to imagine it being entirely serious with Valerie actually playing the lead at every age (as has been confirmed by Sylvain Marcel). And then Michel Drucker, who of course is also in the case, said that it's ultimately a love story at heart .So I really don't know what to think at this point. But campy rom-com is a good guess. Either way, I do trust Valerie. And think it's super cool that the actor cast as Rene (well, his fictional version, "Guy-Claude") quite possibly went to elementary school with Celine. I mean, what are the odds they'd find a Rene look-alike actor in Charlemagne?? Edited January 11, 2020 at 05:01 PM by scielle Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted January 11, 2020 at 07:20 PM Posted January 11, 2020 at 07:20 PM Valérie is an excellent actress so I do look forward to seeing it. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
scielle Posted January 17, 2020 at 04:57 AM Posted January 17, 2020 at 04:57 AM I wonder if it will be campy kind of comedy? One of the producers / financiers (SODEC) describes it as a comedy: http://sodec.gouv.qc..._R0wkJyx66CX9ZM But then there's this, from an interview with Valerie in spring 2018. (And it's basically what she's been saying on the topic all along).She certainly seems to be coming from a good place (but then again, so did that Lifetime biopic, and we know how that turned out!) "Can you see a leitmotif in your films?[...]In the film I'm writing at the moment about the life-story of Céline Dion, the family plays a very important role as well. There are 14 kids in her family. Céline was an unwanted child at first and yet she became the one whom her mother helped the most. The whole family drove her to build a career on her talent. It was, in fact, her mother who wrote her daughter's first song. She found the necessary resources and told her "My ambition in life is you". It's a very interesting, fascinating story. Is that where you got the idea for the film? I was fascinated by the mother's love for her daughter, but, in fact, it was when she was widowed that I began to identify with her. Imagine there's only one man in your life, someone who you've been crazy about since the age of 12 and then that man dies... That just never happens! I am particularly touched by her courage, her destiny, her family. And also because she's maybe the only really big star not to have had a "raunchy" past. Although, of course, behind the clown she plays in public there obviously lies hidden a tremendous fragility You touch on some fairly personal things about her life... Yes, but I reveal nothing, I only mention publicly known facts, as I've only read the authorised publications. Then again, you don't want to stick too closely to the real-life character (whose real name, by the way, is Aline Dieu), you invent things that might happen to her, and it goes beyond today. In any case, I have no intention whatsoever of making fun. That has already been done so many times and often in a very facile, trivial way. To the contrary, I hope to pay her a secret homage, in a way she could never have hoped for, and of course by citing fun things, situations. I feel it's my duty! I'm a nobody compared to her, but a life spent touring, performing, having your meals in front of the mirror while your hair's being done, it's a life I'm familiar with, I know what it's like. I also know what it's like to be called not very pretty as a little girl, there are lots of way in which I identify with her." Full interview:French:https://www.sacd.fr/...018_mag_182.pdfEnglish (poor translation, mind you): https://www.sacd.fr/...ng_magazine.pdf 4 Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted January 18, 2020 at 03:15 PM Posted January 18, 2020 at 03:15 PM (edited) I really do trust Valérie Lemercier. She's a fan AND as kooky and weird as Celine can be. Her projects are always a bit uncanny but somehow always manage to work. I love this concept of a movie "inspired" by her life rather than an ACTUAL portrayal of things. That's kinda what she did with "Palais Royal", in which she plays an almost belgian version of Lady Di - with all the kookiness French people tend to associate belgian people with. Edited January 18, 2020 at 03:16 PM by JulienMcbeal 1 Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
scielle Posted February 9, 2020 at 03:50 PM Posted February 9, 2020 at 03:50 PM Seems the Valerie Lemercier pic is still shooting some scenes into late Feb (or likely re-shooting, since technically production was supposed to finish months ago) - https://figurants.com/figuration-cinema/figuration-long-metrage/leplessis-robinson-figuration-100-hommesfemmes-pour-famous-avec-valerie-lemercier_i11305 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted March 31, 2020 at 08:19 AM Posted March 31, 2020 at 08:19 AM So, are they done shooting? Quote
nuts2you Posted March 31, 2020 at 03:06 PM Posted March 31, 2020 at 03:06 PM So, are they done shooting? everything is on HOLD 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.