scielle Posted April 4, 2020 at 01:30 PM Posted April 4, 2020 at 01:30 PM Nothing new here other than confirmation of the release date (Nov 18th):Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
scielle Posted April 22, 2020 at 11:19 PM Posted April 22, 2020 at 11:19 PM (edited) Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Who's doing Mariah? Edited April 22, 2020 at 11:20 PM by scielle Quote
Chantemoi Posted April 23, 2020 at 07:03 AM Posted April 23, 2020 at 07:03 AM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Who's doing Mariah? “I Wanna Dance with Somebody”?! That’s the best they could come up with for a title? It certainly doesn’t capture the essence of Whitney’s life... but hey, I guess a carefree title like that is more palpable for moviegoers. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 23, 2020 at 07:14 AM Posted April 23, 2020 at 07:14 AM "I Wanna Dance with Somebody"?! That's the best they could come up with for a title? It certainly doesn't capture the essence of Whitney's life... but hey, I guess a carefree title like that is more palpable for moviegoers. Yeah, it's her most carefree song that will consequently not lead the public to subconsciously think of her struggles. Quote
Chantemoi Posted April 23, 2020 at 07:22 AM Posted April 23, 2020 at 07:22 AM (edited) Yeah, it's her most carefree song that will consequently not lead the public to subconsciously think of her struggles. The struggles which the movie will over-dramatise for 1.5 hours, before ending with an uplifting musical number! You’re right, it’s perfect! Edited April 23, 2020 at 07:23 AM by Chantemoi 2 Quote
PuraVida Posted April 23, 2020 at 06:53 PM Posted April 23, 2020 at 06:53 PM The struggles which the movie will over-dramatise for 1.5 hours, before ending with an uplifting musical number! You're right, it's perfect! Got to get those behinds in those seats! Just the latest installment of Whitney memorialization since the two documentaries, the hologram tour, the tell-all books, etc. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 18, 2020 at 02:41 PM Posted June 18, 2020 at 02:41 PM I really hope this movie will be great! At least, better than the 2008 TV movie version. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted June 18, 2020 at 04:48 PM Posted June 18, 2020 at 04:48 PM “I Wanna Dance with Somebody”?! That’s the best they could come up with for a title? It certainly doesn’t capture the essence of Whitney’s life... but hey, I guess a carefree title like that is more palpable for moviegoers. I think it works, because Whitney as a human, not a performer was certainly care free and light hearted. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:08 AM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:08 AM Here’s the poster: Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:09 AM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:09 AM Can't wait for the trailer! Quote
mirage Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:52 AM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:52 AM I'm so sceptical about this movie. I rather see something like Bohemian Rapsody. Something that really portraits her life and Céline. And not someone called Aline 2 Quote
Céline RO Posted August 31, 2020 at 11:14 AM Posted August 31, 2020 at 11:14 AM I'm so sceptical about this movie. I rather see something like Bohemian Rapsody. Something that really portraits her life and Céline. And not someone called Aline Me too. Though I’d rather not see any movie about Céline at all. 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
jpatdeleon09 Posted August 31, 2020 at 11:23 AM Posted August 31, 2020 at 11:23 AM Me too. Though I’d rather not see any movie about Céline at all. Why not? Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:26 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:26 PM Here's the poster: Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet What is the news?I can not see?can you tell me ?PLEASE Quote
Davey84 Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:30 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:30 PM I'm glad it's not a biography, but inspired by her cos first of all, they will never be able to capture all the facets of Céline's life and personality, so you'd always go as a fan: this is not true, this is missing, Céline isn't like that etc. And secondly, Céline aint dead yet (thank god!) ... there's no end to the story... I can't see an interesting movie at this point of her life. 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Davey84 Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:31 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:31 PM What is the news?I can not see?can you tell me ?PLEASE The movie Aline, inspired on Céline's life. Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Fanxiaoqiang Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:56 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 01:56 PM The movie Aline, inspired on Céline's life. So the name of the film is Aline?not the power of love or celine before celine? Quote
Leanne Posted August 31, 2020 at 02:55 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 02:55 PM I think it's better 'Aline' and not Celine. When I see somebody playing Celine I cannot imagine her as our Celine Dion. I like that it will be a movie inspired by her life but not trying to be the real Celine. I'm curious how the movie will be. 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted August 31, 2020 at 06:44 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 06:44 PM (edited) So the name of the film is Aline?not the power of love or celine before celine?It's supposed to be called Famous for the French version (yes, strange, an English name for a French movie), and the English version will be called The Power of Love. Of course, it had to be confusing... just like D'Eux vs. The French Album. Famous should be the only title in my opinion. Edited August 31, 2020 at 06:44 PM by Xpresso Quote
Xpresso Posted August 31, 2020 at 07:17 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 07:17 PM (edited) Well it looks like Aline is the official French name now. Let's hope they won't change it again! Edited August 31, 2020 at 07:18 PM by Xpresso Quote
mirage Posted August 31, 2020 at 07:24 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 07:24 PM (edited) Here is the trailer. Despite being inspired by the story of Céline, it's very much celine. Maybe a bit too much for having it called Aline. And my God she looks like a drag queen in most scenes. And I definitely don't get why she is playing all of the ages of Céline. She looks ridiculous as a 12 year old. https://m.facebook.com/groups/636276953485952?view=permalink&id=999115490535428 Edited August 31, 2020 at 07:52 PM by mirage 1 Quote
vincentbonvegna Posted August 31, 2020 at 07:57 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 07:57 PM https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tf1.fr/amp/tmc/quotidien-avec-yann-barthes/videos/valerie-lemercier-devoile-les-toutes-premieres-images-de-aline-son-biopic-sur-celine-dion-69124457.html You can see the whole interview here. AND the trailer. Well I thought it would be a parody but Lemercier seemed really passionate and loved in Celine.It’s a movie inspired by Celine, and Lemercier said that she can’t call the movie « Céline » because there is only one Céline. She seemed really touch by the story of Céline and René. She said that the movie is a « romantic comedy movie ». And she hoped that Celine will like it and that she doesn’t betray the love story of Céline and René. 1 Quote
Dealhyeur Posted August 31, 2020 at 08:10 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 08:10 PM (edited) A bit weird to see a mature woman playing a 12 year old girl but why not! Anyway, it looks very serious as a film! I am confident. Edited August 31, 2020 at 08:12 PM by Dealhyeur Quote
couldawouldashoulda Posted August 31, 2020 at 09:23 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 09:23 PM Oh my god. No. No no no no no no no no no no no no no. That trailer looks embarrassing. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely glad I saw it. I didn't have much interest in it before and now...no way. Absolutely not. I hope those of you who are into this enjoy it and that it's everything you want it to be. This is a hard pass for me though. 2 Quote
Balao Posted August 31, 2020 at 09:43 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 09:43 PM Yes, it will be the story of Céline, except that she's called Aline. And yes, it is not meant to be a comedy nor a parody but a serious film, except that Valérie plays the role of Céline/Aline at every age.The trailer looks good especially her. Look at the way she moves, especially when you see her from behind. It's so good, so Célinish. Quote
george_matei Posted August 31, 2020 at 09:52 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 09:52 PM I like it so much. It will be worldwide or just in France? Quote
Chantemoi Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:02 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:02 PM OMG yesssss!! I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!! It looks exactly the way I imagined it: true to Céline’s story, but instead of being overly serious, it’s tongue and cheek. 1 Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:16 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:16 PM (edited) The trailer looks good especially her. Look at the way she moves, especially when you see her from behind. It's so good, so Célinish. Exactly. When we see her back while she's running, 2 o 3 times in the trailer, I thought they really get the "essence" of her - and the way her team shoots video footage. It's clearly an hommage, Valérie Lemercier is a total fan, she mentions watching multiple times Céline and her family singing on Les plaines d'Abraham; she even re-enacts the taking chances photo shoot! Who does that?She says it's not Céline's real life, it's close but she changed some parts, trying to be true to her (e.g. not playing PQTME at the right time in the chronology). And I think it's a very good idea not trying to be her, but trying to show the essence of her. More specifically, the talk show hosts say the movie is a love story, someone even said it felt like a great rom com (hence Let's talk about love as soundtrack for the trailer ). Valérie later added that Nature Boy is played many times during the movie. I'm confident, it looks good. Valérie also explained she wanted to be like Céline, especially the way she twists small or big dramas into joyful things."I adore her, I'd like to be like her" Did french-speakers notice? Valérie is saying "je la jouis!" Very interesting slip of the tongue. She is answering a question by going "je la joue" (I play her), but remembering the question just goes "oui" (yes) without fully prononcing "joue" (play), thus it became "jouis" (to come - sexually).So it ends sounding "I orgasm her". Edited August 31, 2020 at 10:31 PM by JulienMcbeal 2 Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
tomdalbou Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:22 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:22 PM As a Québécois, I can tell you that the fact that Valérie Lemercier is a French woman playing Céline with a French accent while she's surrounded by Quebecois actors (wtf) won't be appreciated here. It looks like a comedy to me. Maybe that's the goal. Also, I hope that it won't be full of French clichés of Québec people and culture. I'm not convinced at all by this trailer. Neither are the people arround me. 1 Quote
mebe Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:28 PM Posted August 31, 2020 at 10:28 PM That trailer made me rediscover the song Let's Talk About Love... I just keep singing the song! hehe I'm glad they used it for the trailer! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.