Jump to content

Céline themed movies: "Aline/The Voice Of Love" and "Celine before Celine"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Please subscribe https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbdjLvrbSNwxQoeRsvZ5OWg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0eWCf-j12uY/T-YMP5bDkpI/AAAAAAAACRg/rEnk4uy6aso/s400/Celine+Dion+-+Signature+Commercial+Behind+The+Scenes+(23612)+%5BHD%5D.mp4_snapshot_00.07_%5B2012.06.22_00.43.13%5D.jpg

Posted (edited)

Another link to that interview above:

And argh...they play the English version of Ziggy in the clip... here's hoping that's not in the film. Eeeek.

Interesting to hear the film starts back in '45, with some Adhemar back story.

 

Anyone have access to this full interview?

https://www.parismat...ne-Dion-1701962

 

Separately, there are some fun pics on Valerie's Tumblr. https://valerielemer...blr.com/archive

 

Like this:

05e5a68778fbb23a7f07cc6923e5a00f6c94d8ce.jpg

 

tumblr_pwpo58e2zL1qzlrf2o1_500.jpg

 

24806331176c09cb37a485724374f180cb7d03be.jpg

 

tumblr_p69rs9GqGW1qzlrf2o1_500.jpg

Edited by scielle
Posted

Another link to that interview above:

And argh...they play the English version of Ziggy in the clip... here's hoping that's not in the film. Eeeek.

Interesting to hear the film starts back in '45, with some Adhemar back story.

 

Anyone have access to this full interview?

https://www.parismat...ne-Dion-1701962

 

Re: Ziggy (English version)

Uhhh... sorry to burst your bubble, but it seems pretty clear to me that they made a note-for-note cover. 😬 That’s not our Céline singing... it starts at 00:45. Check it out.

 

A few morsels for those who don’t understand French:

 

**Some of the fictional scenes in the movie:

- Aline flies home from her Vegas venue in a helicopter, annoying all her neighbours

 

- something about Aline’s mother’s acceptance of her romantic relationship with Guy Claude’s is different than the real-life scenario (I just couldn’t make out the details).

 

**Valérie’s favourite songs are: «Parler à mon Père», «Ordinaire», and her all-time fave is «Je sais pas».

 

I didn’t listen to the full interview, but I’d like to when I have plenty of time to rewind a bunch and get the full gist.

 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Update: It IS the English version of Ziggy in the film.

Nooooo... WHY?!?! 🤦‍♀️

 

(Valerie says so in this interview: https://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/f195c54c-fd98-471f-b859-e992f59c5416__7C___0.html

 

“Pour « Ziggy », j’ai fait les deux versions et conservé finalement celle en anglais pour souligner le début de sa carrière internationale.”)

 

Lots of interesting info in this one, actually. We’ll see how it all turns out, but her heart is certainly in the right place. Like saying the funeral scene is very brief because she didn’t want to make Celine relive that. Or the chemo.

 

And I loved that she closed with this:

“Ce film, je l’ai réalisé pour elle. Et puis, toute sa vie elle a exprimé son désir de faire du cinéma. Alors, à la fin du tournage, je me suis dit : maintenant, d’une certaine façon, elle en fait.“

Edited by scielle
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

 

**Some of the fictional scenes in the movie:

- Aline flies home from her Vegas venue in a helicopter, annoying all her neighbours

 

 

She actually said she DIDN’T want to do that when the scene was proposed to her, because Celine never did it and made a point of not bothering the neighbors.

 

- something about Aline’s mother’s acceptance of her romantic relationship with Guy Claude’s is different than the real-life scenario (I just couldn’t make out the details). .

 

She just said she made a scene out of Maman’s angry letter to Rene (of which we only know the existence, but not the contents, so she had to take artistic license).

Edited by scielle
  • Like 1
Posted
I'm scared for this movie but I hope I'm gonna like it but it would be a miracle I think. Let's see
Posted
Well, the critics loved it. So, they have seen the movie already. But of course, we should watch it for us to know if it’s good or not :)
Posted

Well, the critics loved it. So, they have seen the movie already. But of course, we should watch it for us to know if it’s good or not :)

 

It's a good start, the reviews are positive so far I hope the real film critics will have the same impression.

  • Like 1
Posted

It's a good start, the reviews are positive so far I hope the real film critics will have the same impression.

 

I really hope it will be good

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Another link to that interview above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q8F-mVqw3I

And argh...they play the English version of Ziggy in the clip... here's hoping that's not in the film. Eeeek.

Interesting to hear the film starts back in '45, with some Adhemar back story.

 

Re: Ziggy (English version)

Uhhh... sorry to burst your bubble, but it seems pretty clear to me that they made a note-for-note cover. �� That's not our Céline singing... it starts at 00:45. Check it out.

 

Yes, I was referring to the Victoria Sio version played in the interview.

They made note-for-note covers of all the songs (a shame, really, that they couldn't (couldn't afford?) to get rights to the masters.

My point was I hope that's not actually used in the film. Unfortunately, turns out it is. (See the La Presse article).

 

Here's a bit of Victoria talking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hu_kme8eg8

Edited by scielle
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Delete Edited by scielle
Posted
that's the main problem for me , imagine going to see bohemian rapsody but having adam lambert or some random impressionist singing the song , the movie looses 95 % of it's magic right away .. I would understand for some acapella singing rehearsing parts but the whole movie dubbed by Victoria is a big no for me.
  • Like 1
Posted

Well they were given the rights to use the songs but not with Celine's voice.

 

And there will NOT be an helicopter scene. Valerie said it was suggested to her but since Celine never wanted to take an helicopter after her Vegas shows to go home, Valerie didn't want to betray her.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but that actress is ugly.

Cuquito needs a spanking lol. :slap: Edited by Xpresso
Posted

Cuquito needs a spanking lol. :slap:

 

I kinda agree that the actress is not very attractive. However, it would be wrong to hire a beauty to play Celine, especially due to the fact that the same actress plays Celine in childhood and teens. Being unattractive was a big part of Celine's life. Remember that personal interview in french when she cried remembering how noone liked her at school etc. :cry:

 

That being said, I remember reading somewhere that Celine was not satisfied with one of the movies about her because the actress was not attractive :giggle: So, we don't know how she will feel about "Aline"

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Meanwhile...

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

(If you’re not familiar with Diabolo Cody, she wrote Juno as well as the Alanis Jagged Little Pill musical.)

Edited by scielle
Posted

 

 

I kinda agree that the actress is not very attractive. However, it would be wrong to hire a beauty to play Celine, especially due to the fact that the same actress plays Celine in childhood and teens. Being unattractive was a big part of Celine's life. Remember that personal interview in french when she cried remembering how noone liked her at school etc. :cry:

 

That being said, I remember reading somewhere that Celine was not satisfied with one of the movies about her because the actress was not attractive :giggle: So, we don't know how she will feel about "Aline"

She doesn’t look anything like Celine plus she’s 56 years old! Come on!

Posted

Well they were given the rights to use the songs but not with Celine's voice.

 

Where did you read that?

I feel sure that even if Valérie had the rights to use Céline's voice, she wouldn't have used it. Her character is Aline, not Céline. It would have been a very bad idea to use Céline's unique voice.

One thing we know is that she was given the rights to shoot in Céline's house in Montreal and she turned it down.

Posted

She doesn't look anything like Celine plus she's 56 years old! Come on!

 

We sure do hope that Celine gets to 56.

And maybe before that, the film will be released in the US. :-D

Posted (edited)

ohhhhh lordddddd... **eye rolls** about this whole supposed "biopic/not biopic" or whatever the heck they are calling it now...

 

sorry no offense to anybody on this forum, but i am JUST NOT EXCITED ABOUT THIS "MOVIE"... sorry but to me it seems KIND OF SILLY & A BIT STUPID to me... a 50-something year old woman who is supposed to play celine as a little child to an adult??? come on now, THAT SOUNDS RIDICOLOUS... i am sorry but it is...

 

do any of you remember this "biopic movie" about celine back in i think it was in 2008/2009ish??? i remember it was just called "celine" & i thought it was a VERY TERRIBLE MOVIE! in fact i remember there was a disclaimer @ the end of that movie saying that "celine & rene had NO partake in the making of this movie & did not really approve of it", it was something like that anyway... but i do remember seeing a disclaimer saying about that!!! well after watching , that so-called "movie" i can see why!!! (not to mention i thought all of the actors who played celine, rene, therese, & adhemar were all AWFUL, i thought NONE of them matched their real-life counterparts!!! & do not get me started on the woman who "sang" celines songs in that movie, she was an awful singer whose voice was nothing like celines voice, it was awful yuuuuuuck!!!) 😝 i think celines voice should have been used instead of whoevers voice they did end up using!!!

 

i am fearing that this "aline" or whatever its called, is going to end up just like the 2008/2009 "biopic"... now i know we are all supposed to be "sooo excited about everything with celines name on it" right now (especially since celine is going to be in hibernation in the next few years until concerts are back in a FEW YEARS!!!) but sorry i just CAN NOT get excited about this!!! i wish a REAL DOCUMENTARY ABOUT CELINE would be made instead, now THAT i could be REALLY EXCITED ABOUT!!!

 

sigh i know thats wishful thinking... i know celines "through the eyes of the world" & "3 boys & a new show" days are long over & never coming back... 😢

 

Edited by thatstheteacherinmehbaby
sincerely, maria :) <3
Posted

I always read the same comments. I would advise you to watch the movie "Camille Rewinds" with a 46-year old girl who plays the role of a 16-year old girl. Of course, there's a fantasy flavor to the film. But I love the fact that she's obviously much older and nobody sees it, nobody seems to care.

There's also the movie "Le nouveau" in which Géraldine Martineau, 29, plays the role of a 15 year old girl. She was so credible. I really thought she was a teenager.

And also there's this american teen movie with the Asian-american actor who was 29 and who is in high-school in the movie. I don't remember the name of the movie neither the name of the actor. Please help me.

And also the movie with a 26 year old Margot Robbie plays the role of a 15 year-old ice-skater.

Well, get over the fact that Lemercier, 56, plays the role of Céline (or Aline) aged 12. That's the magic of cinema ! You believe in Batman, you believe in Spiderman. I mean you know the characters are actors and you can see their interviews, etc. You know they don't have super powers. But in the movies, you don't see the actor but the character. I don't know why it should be any different with Spiderman, Batman or with Céline/Aline.

Also, I would advise only people who loves movies to go see it. Watch as a movie buff not as a Céline fan. If you're just a Céline fan and not a movie buff, especially if you're familiar with French cinema, do not watch this film.

That's my opinion and I may be wrong, as I have not seen it yet.

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...