GoldenLeaf Posted September 4, 2020 at 04:22 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 04:22 PM That’s why I won’t be able to watch this. I can’t stand hearing that other singers voice mimicking Celine’s. I think biopics only work when the actor lips to the original artists recorded track. Like Angela Bassett in What’s Love Got To Do With It among many others.Agreed! 1 Quote
celinesounds Posted September 4, 2020 at 05:48 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 05:48 PM are we getting 3 movies? - Aline- The Power of Love- Celine before Celine 3 Quote #FREEJAVITO
PuraVida Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:01 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:01 PM (edited) Victoria Sio's way of singing is so old timey... so there's definitively NOT a song from Courage. There's similarities here and there, comparing their voices... I totally can imagine her on Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi. Maybe Where does my heart beat now too, Ziggy... but after 95... Here we can see/hear her actually doing Celine's songs. "Let's Talk About Love" is great to hear, since it's less well-known. What do you all think? Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited September 4, 2020 at 06:02 PM by PuraVida 2 Quote
JulienMcbeal Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:14 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:14 PM I was underwhelmed by her rendition of LTAL. But it was in the backround and of course, not Celine, so I think I'm too biased and it's not enough to judge yet.I need to hear more to have a definitive opinion. Envoyé de mon W-V800-EEA en utilisant Tapatalk Quote Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans
scielle Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:52 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:52 PM are we getting 3 movies? - Aline- The Power of Love- Celine before Celine No. Power of Love and Aline are the same thing. “Famous” was the working title. As for Jimmy’s film, who knows. Haven’t hear a peep about that one for a long time. Might end up stuck in development hell forever. 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:54 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 06:54 PM I was underwhelmed by her rendition of LTAL. But it was in the backround and of course, not Celine, so I think I'm too biased and it's not enough to judge yet.I need to hear more to have a definitive opinion. Envoyé de mon W-V800-EEA en utilisant TapatalkTo me it sounds a little like Shakira's voice. 1 Quote
Céline RO Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:07 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:07 PM I was watching the other day Judy Garland biopic starring Renee Zellweger and it was amazing!!! Renee looks so much like Judy and her acting was so convincing that it felt like watching the real Judy. We need a high quality biopic like this for Céline! Yeah, ‘Judy’ is a very good one. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Better than ‘Rocketman’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ in my opinion. 3 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:09 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:09 PM (edited) 1599245665[/url]' post='2390312']To me it sounds a little like Shakira's voice. That’s how most people sound when trying to imitate Céline. Edited September 4, 2020 at 07:10 PM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
comingback Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:36 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:36 PM (edited) https://youtu.be/jNSYw5-PTM8 Horrible. It looks like a parody to me. And why does the actress play her at any age ??? Edited September 4, 2020 at 07:38 PM by comingback 1 Quote
Balao Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:42 PM Posted September 4, 2020 at 07:42 PM I was watching the other day Judy Garland biopic starring Renee Zellweger and it was amazing!!! Renee looks so much like Judy and her acting was so convincing that it felt like watching the real Judy. We need a high quality biopic like this for Céline! It's a terrific movie. I enjoyed it so much.(Even though I think the Wizard of Oz is a dreadful movie.) 2 Quote
woodstock Posted September 5, 2020 at 08:39 AM Posted September 5, 2020 at 08:39 AM Horrible. It looks like a parody to me. But it's close to a parody, that's precisely what this is ! Quote
comingback Posted September 5, 2020 at 11:03 AM Posted September 5, 2020 at 11:03 AM (edited) delete Edited September 5, 2020 at 11:09 AM by comingback Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 5, 2020 at 11:16 AM Posted September 5, 2020 at 11:16 AM Yeah, ‘Judy’ is a very good one. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Better than ‘Rocketman’ and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ in my opinion. I Agree! I cried at the end of the movie. 1 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted September 5, 2020 at 10:58 PM Posted September 5, 2020 at 10:58 PM (edited) Horrible. It looks like a parody to me. And why does the actress play her at any age ???I know... it's kind of weird to me.https://fr.news.yahoo.com/aline-valérie-lemercier-dévoile-première-122444340.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=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&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANVpNEdR1tuQOX-9B8rIeGtUvnbfXWBCuulWfMdf0omwvi_ElfYtQtfg-0gtnfzKzgy9aBHmj-0X_gBPB5zE-jGzczuerJhpSxaOz5VOeaNejGrX1-TuwiU25t7ahzBxwFoiEgZpZSPHX3GIknzDIDy3jZgLknOnm5emJEwOTww3 Edited September 5, 2020 at 11:03 PM by GoldenLeaf Quote
PuraVida Posted September 6, 2020 at 05:05 AM Posted September 6, 2020 at 05:05 AM I think this woman should do Céline in a biopic at this rate :haha: Quote
Céline RO Posted September 6, 2020 at 07:34 AM Posted September 6, 2020 at 07:34 AM (edited) 1599368735[/url]' post='2390368']I think this woman should do Céline in a biopic at this rate :haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G685piYK4kI This guy’s better: https://youtu.be/Hjz9j7MY8lU Edited September 6, 2020 at 07:35 AM by Céline RO 1 Quote The best is yet to come...
Taking Chances Posted September 7, 2020 at 10:50 AM Posted September 7, 2020 at 10:50 AM (edited) This guy’s better: https://youtu.be/Hjz9j7MY8lU Way better. He actually sounds like her. The other girl sounds like an over exaggerated parody. Edited September 7, 2020 at 10:50 AM by Taking Chances 1 Quote
A new day... Posted September 9, 2020 at 01:58 PM Posted September 9, 2020 at 01:58 PM (edited) That TikTok girl sounds nothing like Celine. Edited September 9, 2020 at 01:58 PM by A new day... 1 Quote
Balao Posted September 9, 2020 at 02:48 PM Posted September 9, 2020 at 02:48 PM October 4th at Vélizy. It's getting closer and closer to Paris but still it's too far for me. Quote
Céline RO Posted September 9, 2020 at 03:21 PM Posted September 9, 2020 at 03:21 PM That TikTok girl sounds nothing like Celine. Yes, it sounds like all other exaggerated Céline impressions. Quote The best is yet to come...
Ukrfan Posted September 9, 2020 at 07:16 PM Posted September 9, 2020 at 07:16 PM (edited) I am confused by the trailer, but I have to admit I liked it?.... It contains so many little details such as TC photoshoot, clothing, the pen, facial expressions (0:52), teeth.... I agree that having the same actress play Celine even during her childhood is ridiculous, but at the same time, maybe it is even better that the movie is a comedy? We all know Celine is a clown I actually look forward to watch this one. Edited September 9, 2020 at 07:19 PM by Ukrfan 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 9, 2020 at 08:47 PM Posted September 9, 2020 at 08:47 PM That TikTok girl sounds nothing like Celine. I think it's a fine impression, but I am more amazed by the vocal choices she makes. I feel like Celine would actually sing the song that way. 2 Quote
Balao Posted September 10, 2020 at 03:52 PM Posted September 10, 2020 at 03:52 PM Translation :This Aline is destined to be a big success. The film inspired by the life of Céline Dion is a sweet blend of humor and emotion with respect to the artist and what it takes of off-beat humor. Valérie Lemercier is totally astounding. An ambitious movie, full of music and wigs. Built like a real biopic more than a pure comedy, Aline is a declaration of love from Valérie Lemercier to Céline Dion. A film that's touching, energetic and surprisingly tender and that could be a big success on the big screen in November Tender, funny and kind, Aline won my heart of Céline fan. I got out of the theater bursting in tears that did me good and made me want to listen to all her records. Thank you Mrs Lemercier for this gem. Dubious before the screening, I got out completely thrilled by Aline made by Valérie Lemercier. A biopic that's spot-on, touching, funny, enchanting. The actrice transforms in Celine Dion. Probably the biggest French success in theaters. Much loved Aline by and with Valérie Lemercier. Romantic comedy that's touching and funny, about the extraordinary destiny of an ordinary woman. Check RTL this Monday at 9 for a report on the shooting. Aline focuses on the contrast between the lifestyle, the aura of Céline Dion and what constantly ties her to her roots, her ordinary dimension. An audacious bias for a biopic which finds its strength in a sort of oddity. 5 Quote
nuts2you Posted September 10, 2020 at 07:50 PM Posted September 10, 2020 at 07:50 PM I wonder if they would release it here in the states 2 Quote
mebe Posted September 10, 2020 at 09:19 PM Posted September 10, 2020 at 09:19 PM Hope the movie will make her album sales go up! Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted September 10, 2020 at 09:33 PM Posted September 10, 2020 at 09:33 PM I got excited because of the reviews Hoping they will release it on Apple TV, Netflix 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted September 11, 2020 at 02:10 AM Posted September 11, 2020 at 02:10 AM I can imagine the movie being very "feel-good" 3 Quote
A new day... Posted September 11, 2020 at 02:38 PM Posted September 11, 2020 at 02:38 PM (edited) A new picture of Valerie as Celine... sorry... Aline... Also, i have my ticket for a preview in early october! Can't wait! Edited September 11, 2020 at 02:40 PM by A new day... 3 Quote
Taking Chances Posted September 11, 2020 at 07:14 PM Posted September 11, 2020 at 07:14 PM are we getting 3 movies? - Aline- The Power of Love- Celine before Celine Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less about these movies. I'd like it more if they actually used Celine's vocals instead of having someone else sing her songs though. What I would love however, is a new documentary about her life and career on Netflix. A really good produced documentary full of her music, performances and her impressive career through the years. 3 Quote
scielle Posted September 13, 2020 at 01:32 PM Posted September 13, 2020 at 01:32 PM Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.