jpatdeleon09 Posted February 2, 2019 at 10:26 AM Posted February 2, 2019 at 10:26 AM Today I watch Take The Lead, a movie about Pierre Dulaine. He made a cameo for a few second. It's nice to see the real man in the story appear in the movie. That's what I'm thinking! Maybe she should at least have a cameo since it's about herself 1 Quote
Javito Posted February 2, 2019 at 01:42 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 01:42 PM Geez you're so dramatic, she's releasing a new album soon, with new songs in July. She's released more albums this year than ADELE. The biggest, most successful artist of this decade. Nobody has confirmed the new album is coming out "soon". She said the same thing past year (the new album should come out late 2018) and here we are still in 2019 without a release date. And knowing Celine and her preferences, with "new songs" she could easily mean and include new covers too Yes, I'm totally a sceptic with Céline. She taught us well not to believe her anymore when she talks about projects, dreams and release dates 5 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
nuts2you Posted February 2, 2019 at 04:15 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 04:15 PM I wonder who they going to get to play her Mom and DAD, Quote
Squall Posted February 2, 2019 at 04:48 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 04:48 PM Her "retirement" her birth of her kids, Rene and Daniels death, both vegas escapades, the drama of the TCWT, her dramatic skyrocket in fame level None of those things make for an interesting movie. Quote
scielle Posted February 2, 2019 at 05:11 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 05:11 PM (edited) Has Celine really faced enough drama in her life to make for an interesting movie? She hasn't gone through a drug addiction or anything. There was controversy about her relationship with Rene but not much. Celine's life is basically her starting poor, then getting rich, then getting richer. What a bizarre take.You think the only thing that makes one interesting is a drug addiction? How odd. There's more than enough material in the early years of her career - the bankruptcies, the near-death-experiences, the family drama, that most have no clue about - to make for a fascinating 2 hours (and more!).Not to mention she's a fascinating oddball personality that any actress would dream to portray. (Oh, and there's plenty of ongoing controversy about her relationship with Rene, especially now that's she has pulled IYA). Kayleigh Donaldson (who gave us this), has an interesting take - http://www.pajiba.co...become-cool.php I wonder what Celine truly thinks of all this, especially since it's technically a fictional character, so they'd be able to take all sorts of creative license. Anyway - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Edited February 2, 2019 at 05:25 PM by scielle 3 Quote
Dion2000 Posted February 2, 2019 at 05:16 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 05:16 PM None of those things make for an interesting movie. To you. Its called opinion 3 Quote
smw Posted February 2, 2019 at 06:50 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 06:50 PM (edited) I think this will be a very specific VISION. Celine's eccentric personality can inspire an incredibly unique film. She's a fascinating human being. I assume it will be a very character-driven piece -- where perhaps we're experiencing the world as Celine sees it. I hope it'll be impactful and funny and honest and kooky and grounded in the fact that it's all about one of the most talented women who has ever lived who came from nothing. Edited February 2, 2019 at 06:52 PM by smw 2 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted February 2, 2019 at 07:18 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 07:18 PM What a bizarre take.You think the only thing that makes one interesting is a drug addiction? How odd. There's more than enough material in the early years of her career - the bankruptcies, the near-death-experiences, the family drama, that most have no clue about - to make for a fascinating 2 hours (and more!).Not to mention she's a fascinating oddball personality that any actress would dream to portray. (Oh, and there's plenty of ongoing controversy about her relationship with Rene, especially now that's she has pulled IYA). Kayleigh Donaldson (who gave us this), has an interesting take - http://www.pajiba.co...become-cool.php I wonder what Celine truly thinks of all this, especially since it's technically a fictional character, so they'd be able to take all sorts of creative license. Anyway - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet What does the pulling of IYA have to do with Celine and Rene’s relationship? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
scielle Posted February 2, 2019 at 07:21 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 07:21 PM What does the pulling of IYA have to do with Celine and Rene's relationship? There's no shortage of people calling her hypocritical - latching on to the fact they met when she was 12 and he 38, and making their assumptions from there. Quote
Dion2000 Posted February 2, 2019 at 07:50 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 07:50 PM I think this will be a very specific VISION. Celine's eccentric personality can inspire an incredibly unique film. She's a fascinating human being. I assume it will be a very character-driven piece -- where perhaps we're experiencing the world as Celine sees it. I hope it'll be impactful and funny and honest and kooky and grounded in the fact that it's all about one of the most talented women who has ever lived who came from nothing. Well its going to be “inspired by her” which has made me severely less interested, especially since it will probably not come across as that to the GP who will then think the movie is a legitimate biopic Quote
RosieBarron Posted February 2, 2019 at 08:06 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 08:06 PM What does the pulling of IYA have to do with Celine and Rene's relationship? I am confused at how that link has been made too, especially on this forum. Even if she and Rene met when she was 12, they weren't in a relationship when she was that young. Also, we know that Rene took care of her very well and had her best interests in mind. Hardly to be compared with R Kelly's actions. Quote
scielle Posted February 2, 2019 at 08:31 PM Posted February 2, 2019 at 08:31 PM I am confused at how that link has been made too, especially on this forum. Even if she and Rene met when she was 12, they weren't in a relationship when she was that young. Also, we know that Rene took care of her very well and had her best interests in mind. Hardly to be compared with R Kelly's actions. I don't think anyone on this forum makes that link, nor subscribes to that opinion. But plenty in the general public do - just look at the social media reactions to her pulling IYA, or to this so-called biopic being announced. People see the headline age difference, and when they started working together, and automatically assume something untoward must have gone on. 2 Quote
scielle Posted February 3, 2019 at 05:38 PM Posted February 3, 2019 at 05:38 PM So I finally got around to reading the various La Presse articles from that special they published a week or so ago, and judging by one of the articles (http://www.lapresse....ndre-lavoie.php), it seems this project is more advanced than I expected. It seems the filmmakers have been spending lots of time with the family - including with Celine: "Marc-André Lavoie a été accueilli à bras ouverts par le clan Dion et dit se sentir un peu comme «le 15e enfant de la famille». «Je me sens comme à la maison avec cette famille-là. Quand je m'en vais à Charlemagne pour voir Claudette ou maman Dion, je me sens chez moi», confie-t-il." [...] "«Maman Dion m'a dit: "Fais-le avant que je parte." La rencontre avec Céline au Québec devait durer 20 minutes. Ça a duré presque sept heures! Même Jacques m'a dit qu'il n'avait pas vu sa soeur aussi longtemps depuis son départ de la maison! Ç'a été une séance de création inoubliable.»" "«Grâce à Jimmy, quand on a des questions, on passe directement par Céline. Elle vient au printemps et elle a le goût de travailler un peu avec nous», ajoute Marc-André Lavoie." Hmmmm Sounds like it's not financed yet - and that in itself can take years - but something tells me there'll be no shortage of takers here! I wouldn't normally quote a tabloid, but it seems they actually called one of the producers of the film being written by Jimmy for an update - https://www.pressreader.com/canada/%C3%A9chos-vedettes/20190117/283695480715690 "Qu'en est-il du projet du neveu de Céline, Jimmy Dion, et de ses deux acolytes, Marc-André Lavoie et Adrien Bodson? Rejoint cette semaine au téléphone, Adrien Bodson nous a dit: «C'est toujours en développement et en préparation. On est super positifs, et tout va pour le mieux.»Le film, qui a l'appui de la chanteuse et de la famille Dion, porte sur l'enfance de la star, de sa naissance jusqu'à sa rencontre avec René Angélil lorsqu'elle avait 12 ans. Ce n'était qu'un rêve est produit par Orange Médias (Innocent, Mon ami Walid...) Aucune date de sortie n'a été officialisée pour le moment." So, basically, they're optimistic but it's probably in development hell. (And as producers go, these guys certainly don't seem to be at the same level as Valerie Lemercier. Still, given the family connection, and Celine's evident willingness to help Jimmy, they may well be able to make this happen at some point.) Quote
Xpresso Posted February 3, 2019 at 06:57 PM Posted February 3, 2019 at 06:57 PM What's the point of doing a fictional movie on Celine and giving that character a different name - yet using Celine's songs? What a strange concept! 4 Quote
scielle Posted February 3, 2019 at 07:19 PM Posted February 3, 2019 at 07:19 PM (edited) What's the point of doing a fictional movie on Celine and giving that character a different name - yet using Celine's songs? What a strange concept! Yeah, it's a bit odd, but I think when this was first conceived ~2 years ago, they weren't necessarily expecting to get permission to use her songs.Now that they have it, and apparently Celine has either "authorized" this or "is not opposed to it" - depending which reports you believe - I think it'll be a bit closer to reality than was originally planned. I think this was initially supposed to be similar in vein to Palais Royal!, a film Valerie Lemercier did several years ago which is about a fictional royal family, but apparently loosely based on Princess Diana. If you look at the various casting notices for this over the past 2-3 months, they seem to be aiming at something reasonably close to reality - calls are for Canadian actors, for brother & sister twins who play instruments, for entire families, brothers/ sisters/ cousins who play music and resemble each other, etc. Edited February 3, 2019 at 07:31 PM by scielle 2 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted February 4, 2019 at 07:37 PM Posted February 4, 2019 at 07:37 PM What a bizarre take.You think the only thing that makes one interesting is a drug addiction? How odd. There's more than enough material in the early years of her career - the bankruptcies, the near-death-experiences, the family drama, that most have no clue about - to make for a fascinating 2 hours (and more!). I agree that there’s plenty of material in Celine’s life — but just wondering what you’re referencing above . . . Rene’s bankruptcies? Because I don’t think Celine ever had bankruptcies— I recall reading that Eddy Marnay told her about Rene’s financial troubles when she was 17 or 18, and she felt weird, as she’d had her fur coats and fancy house the whole time. Near death experiences - when she was hit by a car as a toddler? When she got into a car accident while exhausted while filming Des Fleurs Sur La Neige? Just wondering what you’re referencing. And not sure what the family drama was — maybe Therese being upset about Celine dating Rene? I don’t think there was much family drama involving Celine. Quote
minolli Posted February 4, 2019 at 11:52 PM Posted February 4, 2019 at 11:52 PM I'm actually really intrigued by this. I am going to try to withhold judgment about it until there's actually something to base my opinion on. I keep thinking about how much I loved Bohemian Rhapsody, and sort of keep comparing my perspective as a major Celine fan to what the experience of watching Bohemian Rhapsody was probably like for major Queen fans. Surely there was some trepidation and annoyance at some of the artistic liberties taken. Being a more casual Queen fan, I can say that I really enjoyed it and wasn't so bothered by the more fictionalized aspects, because I had no real frame of reference. I hope that whatever this movie ends up being, the general public will embrace it the way they have embraced BoRhap, and I hope that as a Celine fan, I can separate myself enough from what I know about her life and how I feel about her, and enjoy it as an interpretation of her life. Of course, we don't quite know yet what the script entails, or what the vision is, but I am optimistic that it will at least get people interested in Celine. I can say that I for sure have become much more interested in Queen and learned more about the band and Freddie since seeing BoRhap. Hopefully the same will happen among the general public with this, too. 1 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
nuts2you Posted February 5, 2019 at 12:28 AM Posted February 5, 2019 at 12:28 AM I wonder if this will be in English as well, Quote
Xpresso Posted February 5, 2019 at 01:38 AM Posted February 5, 2019 at 01:38 AM I wonder if this will be in English as well,Yes, it was mentioned on previous pages. French title will be Famous (yup, an English title for the French version just to confuse the English world LOL) and The Power of Love for the English version. Quote
scielle Posted February 5, 2019 at 02:07 PM Posted February 5, 2019 at 02:07 PM (edited) I agree that there's plenty of material in Celine's life — but just wondering what you're referencing above . . . Rene's bankruptcies? Because I don't think Celine ever had bankruptcies— I recall reading that Eddy Marnay told her about Rene's financial troubles when she was 17 or 18, and she felt weird, as she'd had her fur coats and fancy house the whole time. I don't recall exactly, and not in position to look this up to confirm at the moment, but I believe he had declared bankruptcy twice - once before working with Celine, and once in the early years (though perhaps the latter was not quite a filing, but close - I don't recall; someone pls correct if I'm misremembering here.) Near death experiences - when she was hit by a car as a toddler? When she got into a car accident while exhausted while filming Des Fleurs Sur La Neige? Just wondering what you're referencing. Those two, yes. But also Rene's heart attack in LA in the early 90s. And then of course his illness later that decade. And not sure what the family drama was — maybe Therese being upset about Celine dating Rene? I don't think there was much family drama involving Celine. That, yes. But beyond that, I think there was plenty there to explore.Just look at the Lise Payette interview - Celine was clearly holding in a lot, and not just about her secret relationship with Rene, in those early years.And what was it all like for his kids, who were either Celine's age, or close?Plus I was also thinking of, say, how when Anne-Renee filed for divorce, I think she was actually the full legal owner of the company that managed Celine, and the contract was with that company, not Rene, who was just an employee... so there was a lot of legal wrangling there just for him to be able to continue managing Celine. If you read all the various bios - there are so many! - there is plenty to mine. Edited February 5, 2019 at 02:23 PM by scielle 2 Quote
scielle Posted February 15, 2019 at 03:55 AM Posted February 15, 2019 at 03:55 AM I'm surprised we haven't heard from any fans trying out for this - seems there's a new casting notice for this coming out every few days. Currently looking for babies. Quote
Davey84 Posted February 15, 2019 at 05:06 PM Posted February 15, 2019 at 05:06 PM . Currently looking for babies. Almost 35 years too late for that Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
zuv Posted February 15, 2019 at 10:30 PM Posted February 15, 2019 at 10:30 PM I’m scared this will turn as bad as the movie they made of her years ago... Quote
scielle Posted February 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM Posted February 15, 2019 at 10:36 PM I'm scared this will turn as bad as the movie they made of her years ago... I'm optimistic. Valerie Lemercier seems to be a respected actress / director. Different caliber than the MOTW that was made years back. Quote
DestinMg5 Posted February 16, 2019 at 04:18 PM Posted February 16, 2019 at 04:18 PM I’m optimistic for this bio topic well let’s hope it is. Quote [url=http://s1383.photobucket
scielle Posted February 17, 2019 at 05:35 AM Posted February 17, 2019 at 05:35 AM (edited) Huh.A JDM interview with Sylvain Marcel, who has been cast as Rene in this thing - https://www.journald...-sylvain-marcel (At first blush, I felt Jérôme Commandeur, who apparently was initially cast but is no longer involved, was a better fit here. Mind you, I've never seen either of them act, but Jérôme can certainly !) But hey, Sylvain is from Charlemagne! - https://fr.wikipedia.../Sylvain_Marcel Edited February 17, 2019 at 05:45 AM by scielle 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted February 21, 2019 at 08:09 AM Posted February 21, 2019 at 08:09 AM Done watching the “Bohemian Rhapsody”, it almost made me cry. The movie was great. I hope “The Power of Love”, will be amazing as well. I hope they will do it great like the Bohemian Rhapsody. This movie should be the best Quote
Fanxiaoqiang Posted February 21, 2019 at 02:21 PM Posted February 21, 2019 at 02:21 PM Done watching the "Bohemian Rhapsody", it almost made me cry. The movie was great. I hope "The Power of Love", will be amazing as well. I hope they will do it great like the Bohemian Rhapsody. This movie should be the best she should be honored much more than that 1 Quote
scielle Posted February 22, 2019 at 06:15 PM Posted February 22, 2019 at 06:15 PM (edited) Well, here's the answer to "what about Jimmy's film?" question - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/celine-dion-biopic-celine-before-celine-works-1188313 Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Time for a separate thread? We've kind of commingled both in this thread before it was renamed for the Valerie Lemercier film. Edited February 22, 2019 at 06:34 PM by scielle Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted February 22, 2019 at 07:08 PM Posted February 22, 2019 at 07:08 PM I think a movie set before she became famous is quite interesting. I'm looking forward to this more than the homage movie. So she's got 2 movies about her in the works coming in the following 2 years. This'll be fun. Now if only she could start making movies herself lol. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.