nuts2you Posted February 27, 2019 at 12:45 AM Posted February 27, 2019 at 12:45 AM https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Who-Play-Celine-Dion-Her-Biopic-45825670 Not sure if this has been posted yet Quote
Xpresso Posted February 27, 2019 at 03:43 PM Posted February 27, 2019 at 03:43 PM (edited) The Valerie Lemercier thing might do well in France but I doubt its English version will attract many people.Come on, it will be a character BASED on Celine but not named Celine. I think I read the character name will be Nadine Dieu (which sounds a bit like Celine Dion). Dieu = God in French by the way. (At least they got that part correct !!)Correction... The "Celine" character will be named Aline Dieu (not Nadine). Still a strange concept! Edited February 27, 2019 at 03:43 PM by Xpresso Quote
mirage Posted February 27, 2019 at 07:20 PM Posted February 27, 2019 at 07:20 PM I rather have no movies about her than 2 different ones where she is not even named Celine Dion. What's the whole point?! The one about Queen and the new one about Elton John, those are movies I would like to see about Céline. Not these lame half movie biopic with simple acting and effects. 4 Quote
scielle Posted March 7, 2019 at 12:37 AM Posted March 7, 2019 at 12:37 AM Huh.A JDM interview with Sylvain Marcel, who has been cast as Rene in this thing - https://www.journald...-sylvain-marcel (At first blush, I felt Jérôme Commandeur, who apparently was initially cast but is no longer involved, was a better fit here. Mind you, I've never seen either of them act, but Jérôme can certainly !) But hey, Sylvain is from Charlemagne! - https://fr.wikipedia.../Sylvain_Marcel According to this, Jerome was replaced with Sylvain because Valerie wanted a Quebecois actor: "C'est la raison pour laquelle Valérie Lemercier a préféré se séparer du comique. Ce dernier a expliqué : "Pour être tout à fait honnête c'est parce qu'elle a préféré s'entourer de comédiens québécois, et moi je ne pouvais pas lutter". "Il va être un René impeccable" Finalement, c'est le comédien Sylvain Marcel qui incarnera le défunt mari de Céline Dion. Un choix de casting applaudi par Jérôme Commandeur qui estime : "Il est formidable. J'ai vu ce qu'il faisait. Il va être un René impeccable". It seems at this point they've started principal photography, so hopefully we'll have some leaks soon! 1 Quote
scielle Posted March 7, 2019 at 01:02 AM Posted March 7, 2019 at 01:02 AM Also, Sylvain will be on TLMEP this Sunday - https://quebec.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/03/06/tout-le-monde-en-parle-invites-10-mars-2019_a_23685954/ Quote
Xpresso Posted March 8, 2019 at 12:58 AM Posted March 8, 2019 at 12:58 AM (edited) I rather have no movies about her than 2 different ones where she is not even named Celine Dion. What's the whole point?! The one about Queen and the new one about Elton John, those are movies I would like to see about Céline. Not these lame half movie biopic with simple acting and effects.Only the one from France will name the character Aline Dieu. The one from Quebec (done in English) will indeed keep her as Celine Dion! Edited March 8, 2019 at 12:59 AM by Xpresso Quote
scielle Posted March 8, 2019 at 01:20 AM Posted March 8, 2019 at 01:20 AM Not these lame half movie biopic with simple acting and effects. On what basis can you say this? Only one of these films has had any casting announced - and only 2 of the cast at that! And the lead is a multi-award-winning actress... Also... effects? Huh? If you're expecting a CGI-laden Hollywood explosion fest, a Celine Dion biopic is hardly the place to go looking for it! 1 Quote
scielle Posted March 11, 2019 at 11:17 PM Posted March 11, 2019 at 11:17 PM Also, Sylvain will be on TLMEP this Sunday - https://quebec.huffi...019_a_23685954/ Here's the clip: https://ici.radio-canada.ca/tele/tout-le-monde-en-parle/site/segments/entrevue/109129/sylvain-marcel-excessif-compulsif-livre He was there to talk about his recent book, and was very cagey when asked about this. Only really acknowledged he's part of an upcoming Valerie Lemercier project, and that she found him on the internet! But, if what we've been reading about him taking over for Jérôme Commandeur is true, I've been thinking that he and Celine may have actually gone to school together. I mean, he's from Charlemagne, a town with one primary school. He's only 4 years older, so they would have been a few grades apart, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he might actually remember her from back then. If you go to the Charlamagne wiki page, he's literally the 2nd "local celebrity" listed after Celine! And also, the re-casting makes sense from a financial perspective. This a Canadian co-prod, and hiring Canadian talent in key positions gives them access to higher production tax credits, so I'm sure that plays into casting decisions as well. Quote
Katie Posted March 13, 2019 at 01:50 PM Posted March 13, 2019 at 01:50 PM Here's the clip: https://ici.radio-ca...compulsif-livre He was there to talk about his recent book, and was very cagey when asked about this. Only really acknowledged he's part of an upcoming Valerie Lemercier project, and that she found him on the internet! But, if what we've been reading about him taking over for Jérôme Commandeur is true, I've been thinking that he and Celine may have actually gone to school together. I mean, he's from Charlemagne, a town with one primary school. He's only 4 years older, so they would have been a few grades apart, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that he might actually remember her from back then. If you go to the Charlamagne wiki page, he's literally the 2nd "local celebrity" listed after Celine! And also, the re-casting makes sense from a financial perspective. This a Canadian co-prod, and hiring Canadian talent in key positions gives them access to higher production tax credits, so I'm sure that plays into casting decisions as well. Anyone's seen Sylvain and what he said abour portraying René? Quote
scielle Posted March 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM Posted March 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM More casting info for the Valerie Lemercier film - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet http://www.alias-talents.com/artiste.cfm/698919_-Martine_Fontaine.htmlhttp://www.alias-talents.com/artiste.cfm/169446_115_1-Caroline_Rabaliatti.html Quote
Dion my heart Barbra Posted March 30, 2019 at 05:41 PM Posted March 30, 2019 at 05:41 PM Thankyou Quote
scielle Posted April 4, 2019 at 12:16 PM Posted April 4, 2019 at 12:16 PM All that time in Quebec over the summer... maybe she'll spend some of it helping Jimmy with his script! Quote
scielle Posted April 6, 2019 at 02:16 PM Posted April 6, 2019 at 02:16 PM https://figurants.com/figuration-cinema/figuration-long-metrage/figuration-femme-2030-ans-pour-doublure-nue-dans-le-film-sur-celine-dion-de-valerie-lemercier-par_i9090?fbclid=IwAR3wG2tX_ZwnkvWxHhebp3fme0_pJFjFwOhIT_K3sS0uI5z_jrLVxxf6hWc Quote
ajguerras Posted April 6, 2019 at 05:01 PM Posted April 6, 2019 at 05:01 PM I do not think it is the right time for a Céline movie. I mean, there is still so much to happen, so much to come... She has been present constantly in the media, I believe this kind of movies are successful when people have missed their artists for so long, when they are not in the spotlight anymore.Also, I do not think a mediocre movie would be positive for her career (I know nothing about current projects, I admit it), then I rather wait for major studios with big budgets to be involved to think that it is the right movie.BTW, I hope those movies perform well. Céline does not need a "Glitter" effect just when she is just starting to be cool again. Quote I need someone to loves m like Celine loved René... And just like she sang in LTAL track # 16, I ask for that exact same thingwww.twitter.com/ajguerras
scielle Posted April 6, 2019 at 05:17 PM Posted April 6, 2019 at 05:17 PM I do not think it is the right time for a Céline movie. I mean, there is still so much to happen, so much to come...She has been present constantly in the media, I believe this kind of movies are successful when people have missed their artists for so long, when they are not in the spotlight anymore. Agreed.This is how I felt about her book - I feel that was far too soon, and I re-reading some of it, I think today she'd present a lot of it quite differently. It did not age well at all, and was definitely premature. Also, I do not think a mediocre movie would be positive for her career (I know nothing about current projects, I admit it), then I rather wait for major studios with big budgets to be involved to think that it is the right movie. But the studios with big budgets are usually the ones making the worst films. I think the Valerie Lemercier pic, a more "indie" project, is far more likely to be of better quality. I don't want the studios anywhere near this. (And I say that as someone who worked at a major studio.) 2 Quote
scielle Posted April 7, 2019 at 02:51 PM Posted April 7, 2019 at 02:51 PM (From https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2514689/) https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMlmRznnq1/https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMljFQniyG/ 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 30, 2019 at 12:27 PM Posted April 30, 2019 at 12:27 PM Angelina Jolie Turns Down Céline Dion Biopic? https://www.gossipcop.com/angelina-jolie-celine-dion-biopic-turn-down-movie/ Quote
stevo Posted April 30, 2019 at 12:31 PM Posted April 30, 2019 at 12:31 PM Angelina Jolie Turns Down Céline Dion Biopic? https://www.gossipcop.com/angelina-jolie-celine-dion-biopic-turn-down-movie/ This post is as misleading as the link! No she didn’t...lol 2 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted April 30, 2019 at 02:28 PM Posted April 30, 2019 at 02:28 PM This post is as misleading as the link! No she didn't...lol Yeah! I didn't see the "fiction" meter lol haha Quote
scielle Posted May 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM Posted May 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM I don't know how legit this is, but apparently the Valerie Lemercier pic is doing some filming in Malaga this summer.https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2019/05/03/celine-dion-biopic-will-film-on-costa-del-sol-this-summer/ Thus far, all filming has been in and around Paris. I'm guessing moving to Canada after that. Interesting that so little has leaked so far. They've been filming for a good month now, including concert scenes with lots of extras, so I'm surprised nobody has blabbed. I guess they've got some scary NDAs! 1 Quote
Critiaslux Posted May 4, 2019 at 10:26 AM Posted May 4, 2019 at 10:26 AM I don't know how legit this is, but apparently the Valerie Lemercier pic is doing some filming in Malaga this summer.https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2019/05/03/celine-dion-biopic-will-film-on-costa-del-sol-this-summer/ Thus far, all filming has been in and around Paris. I'm guessing moving to Canada after that. Interesting that so little has leaked so far. They've been filming for a good month now, including concert scenes with lots of extras, so I'm surprised nobody has blabbed. I guess they've got some scary NDAs! Wondering what they are shooting in Malaga.Knowing she has been very few times in Spain, what setup can be used? 🤔Unless it is only indoor filming due to some tax breaks 😁 Quote
Javito Posted May 4, 2019 at 10:29 AM Posted May 4, 2019 at 10:29 AM (edited) Now the thing about Málaga is random Pepe must be surely behind this too? Too much of a coincidence, she hasn't anny connection with Spain during her career, and now Málaga all of a sudden? Unless they want to have guaranteed the sun and good weather for the filming lol, I can't find any explanation for this Edited May 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Lolo88 Posted May 4, 2019 at 01:03 PM Posted May 4, 2019 at 01:03 PM Guys, the shooting in Malaga will simply be to figure some scenes taking place in Las Vegas in the movie.. 😇 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 4, 2019 at 01:44 PM Posted May 4, 2019 at 01:44 PM It's probably a co-pro with Spain to access tax credits (it's a big budget indie - they had to scrape that $ together from somewhere!).So they're probably going there to access those since they'd need to film some locally and use local crews. That, plus yes, possibly Vegas scenes. And I don't think Pepe has anything to do with it! Celine doesn't, so why would he? 2 Quote
Bruno Portugal Posted May 4, 2019 at 01:54 PM Posted May 4, 2019 at 01:54 PM Celine meeting Pepe's family in Malaga... This will be the last scene of the film. Ah, Ah, Ah!!! Quote My Webpage >>> TRIBUTE TO CELINE DION
fred Posted May 7, 2019 at 01:30 PM Posted May 7, 2019 at 01:30 PM This link also claims this: https://www.msn.com/sv-se/noje/noje-kandisar/angelina-jolie-turns-down-celine-dion-biopic/vi-AAB1AsD?ocid=spartandhp Now if that's the level of actor assumed to play her the movies can't be as B as I thought. Angelina Jolie Turns Down Céline Dion Biopic? https://www.gossipco...urn-down-movie/ Quote Peace and love to all.
scielle Posted May 7, 2019 at 01:40 PM Posted May 7, 2019 at 01:40 PM (edited) This link also claims this: https://www.msn.com/sv-se/noje/noje-kandisar/angelina-jolie-turns-down-celine-dion-biopic/vi-AAB1AsD?ocid=spartandhp Now if that's the level of actor assumed to play her the movies can't be as B as I thought. This is fake and has been around ever since Rene's death. The Valerie film has been cast since inception, obviously (plus, it's in French).The other film is about her childhood. Is Angie going to play a 10-year-old? Bottom line - entirely made up. Believe it came from Radar Online...surprise... Edited May 7, 2019 at 01:43 PM by scielle Quote
joaofilho Posted May 7, 2019 at 03:15 PM Posted May 7, 2019 at 03:15 PM I have an impression that this movie is not going to work, I do not know, if it was a great student, but it is not, I think it will fail. 1 Quote
scielle Posted May 9, 2019 at 06:06 PM Posted May 9, 2019 at 06:06 PM I don't think we have a thread for Opération Buerre des Pinottes, so putting this here - Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 2 Quote
Dion2000 Posted May 9, 2019 at 06:24 PM Posted May 9, 2019 at 06:24 PM Did she just confirm this tour will run way in to 2021 ? Wow Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.