Balao Posted June 5, 2021 at 09:03 PM Posted June 5, 2021 at 09:03 PM Inaccuracies are very common even in official, authorized biopics. Tina Turner authorized "What's Love Got To Do With It", the 1993 biopic with Angela Bassett playing her. Ike Turner also authorized his likeness to be used. The biopic was based on her autobiography that she released in 1986. Even with all of that, there were still inaccuracies. Name of the game. Even still, critics and fans rated it very highly. The Wikipedia lists all of the inaccuracies. https://en.wikipedia...o_with_It_(film) Bohemian Rhapsody is very inaccurate too.Also, in Nowhere Boy, John Lennon's mother doesn't die at the right moment but it's super interestingly made because it makes the moment even more emotional in the film. 2 Quote
maki_Dion-er Posted June 5, 2021 at 10:18 PM Posted June 5, 2021 at 10:18 PM P.S. to my prior post, I think it's also important to understand the context of Celine's upbringing. By the time Therese was pregnant with her, Celine's siblings were already in their 20s and having their own kids. She was always surrounded by much older family, the youngest by decades, so what seems unusual to most of us probably felt entirely normal to her. Anyway, if this does end up being a major topic of conversation, it's perfect fodder for an Oprah interview! (*say says, selfishly, because I'm sure its very difficult for Celine to deal with accusations thrown at Rene) Indeed, I've always felt this, too. There are plenty of May-December relationships in Hollywood, but somehow it's perceived differently when the man looks like George Clooney. It's difficult for most people to comprehend what Celine saw in him. And from that perspective, it's just such a shame. I think most of the controversy doesn't stem from "what did Celine see in him?" because on the one hand it's very common for women to fall in love with men older than them, and it's also understandable that someone would fall in love with the person that essentially made their dreams come true and who was opening a whole new world to them and taking care of them. The issue is more along the lines of "how could he get involved with someone he met as a child?" and I totally understand it. I try to imagine being a 40+ year old and meeting a 12 or 13 year old boy and I cannot fathom becoming sexually attracted to them once they are barely 18 years old. It's not only the age-gap imo, but the age at which they met. Ofc, it's not as simple as she was young and he should have ignored it because we know that Celine pursued him a lot, they never had a paternal dynamic as far as I know. He, as far as we know, never did anything to make her develop feelings. But no matter how it's painted it'll always be seen as a very complicated issue. We've heard Celine address their relationship plenty while he was alive, and while I wouldn't like her to be put on the spot in such a way, I am also very curious to know her thoughts now. But my guess is her answers wouldn't be all that different. This is why I would prefer an in depth documentary with her vs a biopic (although I wouldn't mind a well cast & written biopic). Because even official biopics have fiction in them. Not that documentaries are 100% accurate all the time but at least we might get actual long interviews with her. I never watching that lifetime movie but I might give this one a chance. Budget alone already makes it better lol. 4 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 5, 2021 at 11:43 PM Posted June 5, 2021 at 11:43 PM I think most of the controversy doesn't stem from "what did Celine see in him?" because on the one hand it's very common for women to fall in love with men older than them, and it's also understandable that someone would fall in love with the person that essentially made their dreams come true and who was opening a whole new world to them and taking care of them. The issue is more along the lines of "how could he get involved with someone he met as a child?" and I totally understand it. I try to imagine being a 40+ year old and meeting a 12 or 13 year old boy and I cannot fathom becoming sexually attracted to them once they are barely 18 years old. It's not only the age-gap imo, but the age at which they met. Ofc, it's not as simple as she was young and he should have ignored it because we know that Celine pursued him a lot, they never had a paternal dynamic as far as I know. He, as far as we know, never did anything to make her develop feelings. But no matter how it's painted it'll always be seen as a very complicated issue. We've heard Celine address their relationship plenty while he was alive, and while I wouldn't like her to be put on the spot in such a way, I am also very curious to know her thoughts now. But my guess is her answers wouldn't be all that different. This is why I would prefer an in depth documentary with her vs a biopic (although I wouldn't mind a well cast & written biopic). Because even official biopics have fiction in them. Not that documentaries are 100% accurate all the time but at least we might get actual long interviews with her. I never watching that lifetime movie but I might give this one a chance. Budget alone already makes it better lol. Madonna is dating someone who's 36 years her junior, or at least she was. She 60+ and he was 25 at the time. Also, the media was very happy to think Pepe and Celine were dating when he's 16 years younger than she is. Obviousy, a child is a child and an adult is an adult. Rene saw Celine as the, yes young, adult that she was at the time, not as a child. On the show Friends, Monica met Richard Burke as a child and they dated when she was older--he was 21 years her senior. Besides, the fact that they had known each other a long time actually helps prove that this was a lot more than Rene objectifying Celine sexually. Ultimately, if this movie helps start conversations about relationships, power dynamics, abuse, grooming, #MeToo etc. that's great! More awareness and conversation are a great thing. But in Celine's case, the conversation should actually educate about what is and is not grooming. Rene never tried to cut Celine off or make things secretive. Her mom was there every step of the way. And as Celine's career took off, she a great deal of financial power in the relationship. Grooming is not a mutual feeling, romance is. And Celine and Rene's case was mutual. In any event, this discussion is not a problem with the Aline movie itself so I cannot see why anyone would use Celine's life story itself as a reason to....not go see her lifestory depicted on the screen. They should find other reasons. 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:47 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:47 AM Yes, it is Ordinaire. Is it Céline the one singing or rerecorded again by the singer playing Céline? 1 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 6, 2021 at 05:47 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 05:47 AM (edited) Well, almost all biopic movies like Rocketman, Judy, Bohemian Rhapsody, and many more .. they somewhat change the story like some parts didn’t really happened in real life. Adding some characters didn’t exists in real life. To make it more interesting. Adding lines that they didn’t really say it in real life. Like in Judy movie, there were really no gay fan involved in real life that she befriends with. Inviting her to dinner at their home. It didn’t happened. That’s why don’t make a big deal of this lol The most important is how well the movie was done. It should be great, praises from movie critics…. And now look even in America it’s getting the attention and I’m really happy about it. And I wish to see it now. Like now Edited June 6, 2021 at 05:55 AM by jpatdeleon09 1 Quote
guigafs15 Posted June 6, 2021 at 06:31 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 06:31 AM Madonna is dating someone who's 36 years her junior, or at least she was. She 60+ and he was 25 at the time. Also, the media was very happy to think Pepe and Celine were dating when he's 16 years younger than she is. The relationships you quoted are not related to the one between Celine and René. The age gap is not the issue. The problem is that René met Celine when she was 12yo. According to Freud and Jung, after a girl have her Electra Complex fase frustrated (a fase where a girl at young age feel attracted to her father and enters in competition with her mom) she starts to look for someone outside to fill the gap, right around the age Celine had when she met René. Girls usually looks for older guys, cause the ideia is to replace the father. That's why is so common for girls in this age to fell in love for their teachers or mentors. René fit the role perfectly and with a plus, cause he was literally the guy that have the possibility to make her dreams come true in his hand. You add that to the fact the Celine had the ugly duckling complex and René kept praising her talents and the attraction was practically unavoidable. Celine falling in love for René was not the beautiful destiny putting the soul mates together, was a predictable psychological process the should have been interrupt by the adults envolve. And it is at this point that things began to weigh against René. There's only one way Celine have kept that attraction until her adulthood: René must have encouraged the behavior. How? We will never know! Let's just hope that not in a criminal way. But let's just not guess and stick to what we know: manipulation of vulnerability. It's the same thing that explains cases of incest or the abducted who falls in love with the kidnapper. And the problem is: the victim doesn't have a choice. It feels like they do, but the falling in love is a unavoidable consequence of an unresolved complex manipulated by others, not a choice. There is a lot of mental health issues associated with this process but as we know only the Celine artist and not the person, we will never know. But low self esteam, the necessity to be ruled by a man, the need to please and the fear of punishment are some of them. PS: this is only a psychological analysis of behavior and their expected actions and consequences, not facts as I obviously didn't witnessed this events. 3 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 6, 2021 at 06:52 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 06:52 AM (edited) The relationships you quoted are not related to the one between Celine and René. The age gap is not the issue. The problem is that René met Celine when she was 12yo. According to Freud and Jung, after a girl have her Electra Complex fase frustrated (a fase where a girl at young age feel attracted to her father and enters in competition with her mom) she starts to look for someone outside to fill the gap, right around the age Celine had when she met René. Girls usually looks for older guys, cause the ideia is to replace the father. That's why is so common for girls in this age to fell in love for their teachers or mentors. René fit the role perfectly and with a plus, cause he was literally the guy that have the possibility to make her dreams come true in his hand. You add that to the fact the Celine had the ugly duckling complex and René kept praising her talents and the attraction was practically unavoidable. Celine falling in love for René was not the beautiful destiny putting the soul mates together, was a predictable psychological process the should have been interrupt by the adults envolve. And it is at this point that things began to weigh against René. There's only one way Celine have kept that attraction until her adulthood: René must have encouraged the behavior. How? We will never know! Let's just hope that not in a criminal way. But let's just not guess and stick to what we know: manipulation of vulnerability. It's the same thing that explains cases of incest or the abducted who falls in love with the kidnapper. And the problem is: the victim doesn't have a choice. It feels like they do, but the falling in love is a unavoidable consequence of an unresolved complex manipulated by others, not a choice. There is a lot of mental health issues associated with this process but as we know only the Celine artist and not the person, we will never know. But low self esteam, the necessity to be ruled by a man, the need to please and the fear of punishment are some of them. PS: this is only a psychological analysis of behavior and their expected actions and consequences, not facts as I obviously didn't witnessed this events. Obviously I bring up other relationships because Celine and Rene's relationship does not exist in a vaccum, neither in their immediate lives or in society/culture. Some people on the forum are worried about the age gap itself, and/or they think that members of the public will be concerned about it---in addition to anything else they might think about Celine's life and romance with Rene. Also, your psychological speculation is best left in your head, not on the forum. Painting Celine as a victim and bringing up Stockholm Syndrome in connection with her romance? That's very low. These matters take a lot more than a C+ grade in a Psychology 101 class. Edited June 6, 2021 at 06:57 AM by PuraVida Quote
comingback Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:09 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:09 AM (edited) The relationships you quoted are not related to the one between Celine and René. The age gap is not the issue. The problem is that René met Celine when she was 12yo. According to Freud and Jung, after a girl have her Electra Complex fase frustrated (a fase where a girl at young age feel attracted to her father and enters in competition with her mom) she starts to look for someone outside to fill the gap, right around the age Celine had when she met René. Girls usually looks for older guys, cause the ideia is to replace the father. That's why is so common for girls in this age to fell in love for their teachers or mentors. René fit the role perfectly and with a plus, cause he was literally the guy that have the possibility to make her dreams come true in his hand. You add that to the fact the Celine had the ugly duckling complex and René kept praising her talents and the attraction was practically unavoidable. Celine falling in love for René was not the beautiful destiny putting the soul mates together, was a predictable psychological process the should have been interrupt by the adults envolve. And it is at this point that things began to weigh against René. There's only one way Celine have kept that attraction until her adulthood: René must have encouraged the behavior. How? We will never know! Let's just hope that not in a criminal way. But let's just not guess and stick to what we know: manipulation of vulnerability. It's the same thing that explains cases of incest or the abducted who falls in love with the kidnapper. And the problem is: the victim doesn't have a choice. It feels like they do, but the falling in love is a unavoidable consequence of an unresolved complex manipulated by others, not a choice. There is a lot of mental health issues associated with this process but as we know only the Celine artist and not the person, we will never know. But low self esteam, the necessity to be ruled by a man, the need to please and the fear of punishment are some of them. PS: this is only a psychological analysis of behavior and their expected actions and consequences, not facts as I obviously didn't witnessed this events. First of all, I still believe Rene was a great man and manager. But yeah, I always thought Rene was a Father Figure for Celine. In an interview from 2003 (BTS Making of the IDAN video) she said, that she is safe and secure with Rene and that he raised her. Edited June 6, 2021 at 08:13 AM by comingback 1 Quote
guigafs15 Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:37 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:37 AM Obviously I bring up other relationships because Celine and Rene's relationship does not exist in a vaccum, neither in their immediate lives or in society/culture. Some people on the forum are worried about the age gap itself, and/or they think that members of the public will be concerned about it---in addition to anything else they might think about Celine's life and romance with Rene. Also, your psychological speculation is best left in your head, not on the forum. Painting Celine as a victim and bringing up Stockholm Syndrome in connection with her romance? That's very low. These matters take a lot more than a C+ grade in a Psychology 101 class. I was planning to keep in my head, until you pointed out your foolish comparison between a relationship build between a 38yo man and 12 yo girl and relationship between two adults with age gap. If you are allow to not keep you rubbish inside your head, I'm not the one keeping mine. So, follow your own rules. Second, I am psychologist with almost 10 years of work, with a master's degree in social psychology and behavioral psychology, and I graduate as the top student in one of the best colleges in my country. So, I'm sorry, but your poor tentative of sarcasm got lost on my reality. 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted June 6, 2021 at 09:20 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 09:20 AM I was planning to keep in my head, until you pointed out your foolish comparison between a relationship build between a 38yo man and 12 yo girl and relationship between two adults with age gap. If you are allow to not keep you rubbish inside your head, I'm not the one keeping mine. So, follow your own rules. Second, I am psychologist with almost 10 years of work, with a master's degree in social psychology and behavioral psychology, and I graduate as the top student in one of the best colleges in my country. So, I'm sorry, but your poor tentative of sarcasm got lost on my reality. As a psycholgist then, you would heed the rules of not trying to diagnose without actually having interviewed both parties, but more importantly Celine, extensively over time. Instead, you are choosing speculation and slander? As a psychologist, you would supposedly be good at listening....including to Celine and Rene who said multiple times that there was nothing romantic between the two of them until she was a young adult. And to analyse the time before that, you wouldn't resort to Freud who has been largely discredited, with his most recent takedown coming at the hands of a psychiatry professor at McGill in, where else, Montreal. Quote
Xpresso Posted June 6, 2021 at 10:11 AM Posted June 6, 2021 at 10:11 AM I suggest we open a Psychology thread... like right now. 3 Quote
scielle Posted June 6, 2021 at 12:38 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 12:38 PM This is why I would prefer an in depth documentary with her vs a biopic (although I wouldn't mind a well cast & written biopic). Because even official biopics have fiction in them. Not that documentaries are 100% accurate all the time but at least we might get actual long interviews with her. I never watching that lifetime movie but I might give this one a chance. Budget alone already makes it better lol. I would definitely prefer a doc as well - or ideally a docu-series - but I'll take a biopic (or biopics, plural!) if done by people who know what they're doing. I'm not really familiar with Valerie's work, but she seems highly regarded in France, and I have faith that Cannes wouldn't program something that's "so bad, it's good". That said, that made-for-TV one from 2008 came from the right place as well - from what I recall the director was a fan and said he made it for his mom? - they had the right intentions, just not much of a budget or cast/ crew.I sense (hope?) that this is different though. At a EUR23m budget (US$28m) that's a lot for a non-English, non-Hollywood production (for reference, Rocketmen budget was $40m and Bohemian Rhapsody was $52m). Gaumont and their co-producers wouldn't put that kind of money into it if they didn't think it had commercial legs. (But then again... Cats happened! ) In any case, reserving judgement until I see it. On a separate note, this was posted today by Victoria Sio -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet 1 Quote
ehild Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:13 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:13 PM The relationships you quoted are not related to the one between Celine and René. The age gap is not the issue. The problem is that René met Celine when she was 12yo. According to Freud and Jung, after a girl have her Electra Complex fase frustrated (a fase where a girl at young age feel attracted to her father and enters in competition with her mom) she starts to look for someone outside to fill the gap, right around the age Celine had when she met René. Girls usually looks for older guys, cause the ideia is to replace the father. That's why is so common for girls in this age to fell in love for their teachers or mentors. René fit the role perfectly and with a plus, cause he was literally the guy that have the possibility to make her dreams come true in his hand. You add that to the fact the Celine had the ugly duckling complex and René kept praising her talents and the attraction was practically unavoidable. Celine falling in love for René was not the beautiful destiny putting the soul mates together, was a predictable psychological process the should have been interrupt by the adults envolve. And it is at this point that things began to weigh against René. There's only one way Celine have kept that attraction until her adulthood: René must have encouraged the behavior. How? We will never know! Let's just hope that not in a criminal way. But let's just not guess and stick to what we know: manipulation of vulnerability. It's the same thing that explains cases of incest or the abducted who falls in love with the kidnapper. And the problem is: the victim doesn't have a choice. It feels like they do, but the falling in love is a unavoidable consequence of an unresolved complex manipulated by others, not a choice. There is a lot of mental health issues associated with this process but as we know only the Celine artist and not the person, we will never know. But low self esteam, the necessity to be ruled by a man, the need to please and the fear of punishment are some of them. PS: this is only a psychological analysis of behavior and their expected actions and consequences, not facts as I obviously didn't witnessed this events.I always thought, in general, she had a school girl crush on Rene. And that later developed into real feelings and the relationship we all witnessed later on. Of course none of us have any real insight into all of the minute details that occurred, but Celine herself has talked a little bit about this: how her mom didn't approve and even tried to stop it. But Celine was too far down that road and there was no turning back for her. He is, was, and will always be the man of her life. If she ever were to be in another relationship, it wouldn't be the grand romance we all witnessed. They had a very rare connection. I do think Rene initially struggled with it, because they both said in varying interviews over the years, how Rene wanted to keep it private for a while (out of fear of backlash). I don't think he groomed her, as has been discussed in this thread, because of how the movie addresses their relationship. I think it's as simple as the school girl crush that evolved over time. And Rene realized he had feelings for her too. Now, from a psychological standpoint: could the school girl crush be a part of of her development at the time, and he fit the bill? Sure. I could see that. And she just never outgrew the crush. It developed into something bigger. This is entirely plausible. But again, all speculation on our parts. In the end: they built a happy life and clearly had a unique, once in a lifetime love. Regardless of how it started, that's how they ended. And it was amazing to see. 6 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:26 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:26 PM “It's actually been around since November, but recently garnered attention when it was announced that it will be playing out of competition at the Cannes Film Festival this year. And luckily, as of last October, the film's producers are in negotiations for a deal to release it in the U.S at some point.” https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2021/06/10506430/celine-dion-unofficial-biopic-aline-dieu-trailer Quote
scielle Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:35 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:35 PM (edited) "It's actually been around since November, but recently garnered attention when it was announced that it will be playing out of competition at the Cannes Film Festival this year. And luckily, as of last October, the film's producers are in negotiations for a deal to release it in the U.S at some point." https://www.refinery...ne-dieu-trailer Yes, the trades (industry press) announced a long time ago that it's getting global distribution; the Gaumont sales team has been shopping it around since pre-production (since that's how you fundraise to fund a film's budget - international presales). They just haven't announced the US distributor yet; I imagine they'll do so at Cannes, since that tends to be how it happens. I'd be interested to see who picks it up for the US. But you can see many of the other international distributors who bought it here - https://en.unifrance...vie/48444/aline (click on "Show more" under "International releases") On the same site, you can also find the French-language press kit: https://medias.unifr...skit-french.pdf BTW, I have a bit of an issue with how they've digitally made Valerie younger, but not Sylvain. The scene where she sings in his office, he's supposed to be 38... I don't know any 38-year-old man who looks that old! Edited June 6, 2021 at 02:40 PM by scielle 3 Quote
Celinelife Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:35 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:35 PM When I first heard about this film. I hated it not that my opinions have changed. This might be the first comment of mine in this thread. I thought its a biopic and Celine is nowhere a part of it. Not the actress, not the singer, not the producer/director or anything. Celine is alive.Moreover I hate the actress who played her. She doesn't look anywhere like Celine. She is quite fat for Celine. Secondly its a french film, I don't have a hatred with it. But I can't watch it. Quote
scielle Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:45 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 02:45 PM Secondly its a french film I'd have a problem if it were an English film! That's just wrong (as evidenced by the 2008 made-for-TV movie...) Thank god it's French. 6 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:15 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:15 PM When I first heard about this film. I hated it not that my opinions have changed. This might be the first comment of mine in this thread.I thought its a biopic and Celine is nowhere a part of it. Not the actress, not the singer, not the producer/director or anything. Celine is alive.Moreover I hate the actress who played her. She doesn't look anywhere like Celine. She is quite fat for Celine. Secondly its a french film, I don't have a hatred with it. But I can't watch it.Actually Céline is everywhere in the movie! Just open your eyes and your mind. It's all about Céline or... Aline. But it's all the same! Quote
nuts2you Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:19 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:19 PM I do wonder if it will get pick-up by Netflix or Amazon Prime , cause I do see alot of others have done so 1 Quote
nuts2you Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:20 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:20 PM Btw I do wonder if they do read these comments , Quote
Celinelife Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:45 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:45 PM Actually Céline is everywhere in the movie! Just open your eyes and your mind. It's all about Céline or... Aline. But it's all the same! 😂Not in that way. The real Celine has no role in it altho its her biopic. Even if she was a watergirl there i would have been satisfied Quote
Celinelife Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:46 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:46 PM Btw I do wonder if they do read these comments ,They should. And I'm waiting for Celine's rply to the news. Although it won't happen. Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:58 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 03:58 PM Yes, the trades (industry press) announced a long time ago that it's getting global distribution; the Gaumont sales team has been shopping it around since pre-production (since that's how you fundraise to fund a film's budget - international presales). They just haven't announced the US distributor yet; I imagine they'll do so at Cannes, since that tends to be how it happens. I'd be interested to see who picks it up for the US. But you can see many of the other international distributors who bought it here - https://en.unifrance...vie/48444/aline (click on "Show more" under "International releases") On the same site, you can also find the French-language press kit: https://medias.unifr...skit-french.pdf BTW, I have a bit of an issue with how they've digitally made Valerie younger, but not Sylvain. The scene where she sings in his office, he's supposed to be 38... I don't know any 38-year-old man who looks that old! Wow thanks for the infos So many Australia Austria Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Croatia Czech Republic Switzerland Germany Hong Kong Hungary Indonesia Italy Japan New Zealand Poland Portugal Quebec Russia Serbia Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Spain The Netherlands Ukraine Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted June 6, 2021 at 04:00 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 04:00 PM (edited) Yes, the trades (industry press) announced a long time ago that it's getting global distribution; the Gaumont sales team has been shopping it around since pre-production (since that's how you fundraise to fund a film's budget - international presales). They just haven't announced the US distributor yet; I imagine they'll do so at Cannes, since that tends to be how it happens. I'd be interested to see who picks it up for the US. But you can see many of the other international distributors who bought it here - https://en.unifrance...vie/48444/aline (click on "Show more" under "International releases") On the same site, you can also find the French-language press kit: https://medias.unifr...skit-french.pdf BTW, I have a bit of an issue with how they've digitally made Valerie younger, but not Sylvain. The scene where she sings in his office, he's supposed to be 38... I don't know any 38-year-old man who looks that old! Do you think they will release an OST? Spotify? Apple Music? This makes me more excited. I wonder how long is the movie.. Edited June 6, 2021 at 04:01 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
Xpresso Posted June 6, 2021 at 04:18 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 04:18 PM Not in that way. The real Celine has no role in it altho its her biopic. Even if she was a watergirl there i would have been satisfiedLike Elton John in Rocketman, right? Quote
scielle Posted June 6, 2021 at 04:34 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 04:34 PM They should. And I'm waiting for Celine's rply to the news. Although it won't happen. Why not? She already spoke about it in at least one interview, as has Claudette. Quote
Céline RO Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:40 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:40 PM (edited) 1622996285[/url]' post='2405584']Like Elton John in Rocketman, right? Elton co-wrote the soundtrack and won an Oscar for it. Not to mention that he performed his greatest hits with Taron Egerton on multiple occasions and performed at the Cannes Film Festival, etc. He was truly involved. It would be nice if Céline did just a fraction of that (especially the Cannes performance). Then again, my expectations for Aline are not as high as they were (and they were met) for Rocketman. Edited June 6, 2021 at 08:41 PM by Céline RO 2 Quote The best is yet to come...
Céline RO Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:42 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 08:42 PM (edited) 1622974269[/url]' post='2405561']I suggest we open a Psychology thread... like right now. It could actually be very interesting having a psychological analysis of everything Céline does, provided it’s done by people who know what they’re talking about. Edited June 6, 2021 at 08:44 PM by Céline RO Quote The best is yet to come...
PuraVida Posted June 6, 2021 at 09:05 PM Posted June 6, 2021 at 09:05 PM On a separate note, this was posted today by Victoria Sio -Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet Was she involved in the project in any way? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.