jpatdeleon09 Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:44 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:44 PM She don't put too much make up anymore unlike before... (looking at the pic of celine in that ladder) Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:45 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:45 PM I also don't really like the 'look' of a lot of models, if you know what I mean. You'd be as well to stick the clothes on a hanger! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk That's kind of the point though. They want the clothes to be the focus, not the person wearing them. But I know what you're saying 1 Quote
scielle Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:48 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:48 PM (edited) As I'm watching all the tour videos I keep on noticing a few comments here and there complaining about how "rude" the audience is for being loud or hollering during the show and I'm just like..do you even follow Celine?! I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but it's too bad the Vegas audience is so sedate in comparison. Reminds me of someone's amazing footage of a lone woman dancing shamelessly during one of the interludes at the Vegas show though https://twitter.com/...782930941845505 It's not about being loud and hollering. Participate, by all means!It's about the RHs constantly trying to force what should be an impromptu moment. It falls flat is an eye-roll-inducing exercise at this point. The other day they blatantly interrupted what should have been a delicate moment - her intro to SCAR - with her 7 Nations Army chant. There's a time and place, and the RHs don't seem to get that. Edited July 7, 2017 at 01:50 PM by scielle 5 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:51 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:51 PM (edited) It's not about being loud and hollering. Participate, by all means!It's about the RHs constantly trying to force what should be an impromptu moment. It falls flat is an eye-roll-inducing exercise at this point. The other day they blatantly interrupted what should have been a delicate moment - her intro to SCAR - with her 7 Nations Army chant. There's a time and place, and the RHs don't seem to get that. Hmmm I'm unaware of the Red Heads thing (I find them kinda creepy and entitled). She tends to get the most audience interaction for the big songs like MHWGO and that's when I see the whiniest comments about how the audience is being too loud Edited July 7, 2017 at 01:52 PM by Your_Su_Phu 1 Quote
MrTim212 Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:53 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:53 PM As I'm watching all the tour videos I keep on noticing a few comments here and there complaining about how "rude" the audience is for being loud or hollering during the show and I'm just like..do you even follow Celine?! I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but it's too bad the Vegas audience is so sedate in comparison. Reminds me of someone's amazing footage of a lone woman dancing shamelessly during one of the interludes at the Vegas show though https://twitter.com/...782930941845505 The Vegas audiences fall asleep after IACBTMN/TPOL and don't wake up again until they hear the "Ahhhhh" intro to MHWGO. Although, I do wish that the Paris audiences had not interrupted SISDA and EJTE with the yelling... Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
MrTim212 Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:56 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:56 PM It's not about being loud and hollering. Participate, by all means!It's about the RHs constantly trying to force what should be an impromptu moment. It falls flat is an eye-roll-inducing exercise at this point. The other day they blatantly interrupted what should have been a delicate moment - her intro to SCAR - with her 7 Nations Army chant. There's a time and place, and the RHs don't seem to get that. ˆ 100%! Yeah, scream and shout during DUAM, T, TTWII, IA, LIAWN, LCMM, RDMH, etc... but let the ballads shine in their own way too! 1 Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:58 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:58 PM I love hearing the audience sing along during MWHGO Was one of the best parts of the BBMA performance for me 1 Quote
Kiwi57ienz Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:58 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 01:58 PM Have watched the two photo shoot videos, I think that a) Céline is looking tired and drawn, and maybe because of a), I think the school ma'am grey, bland, outfit makes her look old. And she isn't. I did like the other shorter yellow dress from ?schiapelli... the colour made her look young and vibrant.I have to say that she gives plenty of different poses and looks for the camera. Me, I'd be standing there saying..."what would you like me to do" doh!! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 Quote
MrTim212 Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:01 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:01 PM Have watched the two photo shoot videos, I think that a) Céline is looking tired and drawn, and maybe because of a), I think the school ma'am grey, bland, outfit makes her look old. And she isn't. I did like the other shorter yellow dress from ?schiapelli... the colour made her look young and vibrant.I have to say that she gives plenty of different poses and looks for the camera. Me, I'd be standing there saying..."what would you like me to do" doh!! She's really becoming a high fashion icon! 2 Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
Popular Post scielle Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:16 PM Popular Post Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:16 PM I share your concerns, but overexposure is part of the game now. The biggest social media influencers are all overexposed and very polarizing - look at the Kardashians and the immense social media power and influence they hold, while also being constantly attacked as examples of the moral decay of America This is all very uncharted territory for our Celine, and it can be pretty treacherous, but it's going to give her far more relevance than she's had in almost 2 decades. She's gradually developing a new and younger fanbase who are likely far more interested in her cult of personality than her music. I'm just going to enjoy the ride! You're right; a lot of this new love for Celine is more "cult of personality" interest than anything to do with her music. I wonder how much of this will translate into record sales (not much, I suspect). Ticket sales, maybe, because there's a curiosity to seeing her live, but the people writing these fawning articles, starting Celine memes, and wearing that MHWGO metal T-shirt (I keep seeing it everywhere!), are not the kind to be buying Celine records. I could be proven wrong, but I think there's far more interest in her than in her music. Maybe she proves us wrong, though! If we are to take anything away from her recent moves - Le Ballet and that Vogue pic to name the most obvious - is that she's not afraid to take risks, even if it alienates some. This, in my books, is a great thing. I was so disappointed when, in an interview some time back, Aldo said something to the extent of "don't expect anything too radically different/ you can't reinvent an artist".Why not?!Frankly, I'm glad he's out of the picture. I quite like Celine steering the ship. 10 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:20 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:20 PM (edited) You're right; a lot of this new love for Celine is more "cult of personality" interest than anything to do with her music. I wonder how much of this will translate into record sales (not much, I suspect). Ticket sales, maybe, because there's a curiosity to seeing her live, but the people writing these fawning articles, starting Celine memes, and wearing that MHWGO metal T-shirt (I keep seeing it everywhere!), are not the kind to be buying Celine records.I could be proven wrong, but I think there's far more interest in her than in her music.Maybe she proves us wrong, though! If we are to take anything away from her recent moves - Le Ballet and that Vogue pic to name the most obvious - is that she's not afraid to take risks, even if it alienates some. This, in my books, is a great thing. I was so disappointed when, in an interview some time back, Aldo said something to the extent of "don't expect anything too radically different/ you can't reinvent an artist".Why not?!Frankly, I'm glad he's out of the picture. I quite like Celine steering the ship. Agreed with everything. But it opens up the door to them being more receptive of new music, if she is able to deliver. Also, it definitely gives a push to her lifestyle brand. If D-list celebs like Jessica Simpson can build huge empires selling second rate crap to the housewives of Middle America, someone like Celine should have no issue. I mean, who thinks of Jessica Simpson as a fashionista? But her clothing line is worth 1 billion now Transcending anything commercial though, all of this definitely has a positive impact on Celine's cultural legacy. Edited July 7, 2017 at 02:26 PM by Your_Su_Phu 1 Quote
scielle Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:24 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:24 PM She's really becoming a high fashion icon! In case you missed this somewhere in the preceeding ~400 (!!!) pages, here's some further proof - https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2017/jul/05/a-titanic-moment-how-celine-dion-became-the-fashion-icon-2017-needs http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/fashion/fashion-news/news/g38118/how-celine-dion-became/ https://www.thecut.com/2017/07/celine-dion-fashion-comeback.html https://www.the-pool.com/news-views/fashion-news/2017/27/laura-craik-on-celine-dion-fashion-moment http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/article/celine-dion-in-paris-for-haute-couture?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/fashion/celebrity/g10257608/celine-dion/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&src=socialflowTW (Just a selection - there are so many more!) 1 Quote
scielle Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:58 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 02:58 PM (edited) ....not to mention everyone giving her major props for that shoot yesterday! Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/07/07/celine-dion-posing-pics-poses-photo-shoot-paris-victorian-outfit/ Edited July 7, 2017 at 03:01 PM by scielle 2 Quote
Javito Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:04 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:04 PM (edited) Usually I show my nephews the latest pictures of her, especially my niece who is all about fashion. With this new photoshoot, I think I'll keep them for me, since I'm not sure about their reaction Edited July 7, 2017 at 03:04 PM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alison_Loves_Celine Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:06 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:06 PM I don't know what it is about this picture, but .. ❤️ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 4 Quote
Popular Post Javito Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:07 PM Popular Post Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:07 PM Don't kill me for this comparison please... Couldn't help it http://s3.amazonaws.com/kidzworld_photo/images/2010813/dc7d9657-266e-4c95-81aa-c804ed3379fd/gallery_2385_R_D012_0018.jpg 10 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Popular Post minolli Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:08 PM Popular Post Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:08 PM You're right; a lot of this new love for Celine is more "cult of personality" interest than anything to do with her music. I wonder how much of this will translate into record sales (not much, I suspect). Ticket sales, maybe, because there's a curiosity to seeing her live, but the people writing these fawning articles, starting Celine memes, and wearing that MHWGO metal T-shirt (I keep seeing it everywhere!), are not the kind to be buying Celine records.I could be proven wrong, but I think there's far more interest in her than in her music.Maybe she proves us wrong, though! If we are to take anything away from her recent moves - Le Ballet and that Vogue pic to name the most obvious - is that she's not afraid to take risks, even if it alienates some. This, in my books, is a great thing. I was so disappointed when, in an interview some time back, Aldo said something to the extent of "don't expect anything too radically different/ you can't reinvent an artist".Why not?!Frankly, I'm glad he's out of the picture. I quite like Celine steering the ship. Yes! I pretty much always agree with you. I do wish that they would take some of this momentum and renewed creative energy and focus it on the music a bit, because like you say, I don't think much of this new mainstream Celine love will necessarily translate to record sales or radio airplay. However, I do find it quite exciting that she seems ever more willing to experiment and express herself creatively. She is definitely showing this with fashion, and the world is taking notice. Now if only she and her team would try to push the envelope a bit musically. Would the world accept her for it? Would we, as fans? Since we are seeing that she's not afraid to take risks, I just hope that doesn't stop when she steps into a recording studio. And this may be a bit cynical of me, but I can't help but be a teensy bit frustrated that she's spent days with Vogue, focusing so much on haute couture and doing some really amazing things, yet when it comes time to promote new music with photoshoots, videos, etc., it's crickets or status quo. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I just wish they could bridge the gap between artistic expression through clothing and fashion and artistic expression through music. It feels like they are being treated as mutually exclusive, but they're not. If you want to make visual impact with your look, and you're willing to do it for Vogue or whatever, why not do it in a music video, too, and give us some really interesting, artistically-driven visuals to accompany music/albums? (Of course, who knows what's to come with the next English album; maybe there are amazing things in the works.) 9 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
Javito Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:14 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:14 PM Yes! I pretty much always agree with you. I do wish that they would take some of this momentum and renewed creative energy and focus it on the music a bit, because like you say, I don't think much of this new mainstream Celine love will necessarily translate to record sales or radio airplay. However, I do find it quite exciting that she seems ever more willing to experiment and express herself creatively. She is definitely showing this with fashion, and the world is taking notice. Now if only she and her team would try to push the envelope a bit musically. Would the world accept her for it? Would we, as fans? Since we are seeing that she's not afraid to take risks, I just hope that doesn't stop when she steps into a recording studio. And this may be a bit cynical of me, but I can't help but be a teensy bit frustrated that she's spent days with Vogue, focusing so much on haute couture and doing some really amazing things, yet when it comes time to promote new music with photoshoots, videos, etc., it's crickets or status quo. I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I just wish they could bridge the gap between artistic expression through clothing and fashion and artistic expression through music. It feels like they are being treated as mutually exclusive, but they're not. If you want to make visual impact with your look, and you're willing to do it for Vogue or whatever, why not do it in a music video, too, and give us some really interesting, artistically-driven visuals to accompany music/albums? (Of course, who knows what's to come with the next English album; maybe there are amazing things in the works.) Amen! That's everything about it, with every single comma of your post! I too wish this crazy unlimited focus on fashion would translate also into music. Why not showing all this high-profile with fashion in a nice video of one of your songs? I still think she's constantly neglecting her music. She gives one step forward and two backwards every time she releases a new album. It's as if became something completely secondary once she releases the album. The moment she finishes her work in the recording studio, she forgets about it. All creativity is gone. Any chances to make those songs shine and be promoted the best she can, are as slim as they can be? Why, why, why? I don't want her to be lost in fashion now. 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
minolli Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:30 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:30 PM I still think she's constantly neglecting her music. She gives one step forward and two backwards every time she releases a new album. It's as if became something completely secondary once she releases the album. The moment she finishes her work in the recording studio, she forgets about it. All creativity is gone. Any chances to make those songs shine and be promoted the best she can, are as slim as they can be? Why, why, why? I don't want her to be lost in fashion now. I feel this way, too and I worry that the music may become secondary. (There's an entire argument to be made about Celine giving the people what they want -- if they are so obsessed with her fashion, why not lean into that a bit?) But I feel like albums used to have life spans and a whole "identity" of their own. I don't know how to explain it, but, for example, it feels like TCOML or FIY had a life beyond the recordings on the disc. There were visuals, there were cohesive marketing materials and design elements, there were live performances that tied everything together. I get that it's a different era for the recording industry, and that it's a different phase in Celine's life. But, holy cow, I can't help feel like the "identity" of EUS is pretty much limited to the recordings themselves. Yes, I know she did a fair amount of promo last year, and there have been live performances, and that's it's been a very successful album. However, imagine how much more "complete" the experience could have felt if we'd had even a single music video to help provide visual accompaniment. Hahaha, i am starting to get long-winded, so I'll end my rant there. 3 Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsg43qJH1b1qa4phqo1_400.jpg
Shamrock_1982 Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:40 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:40 PM I don't know what it is about this picture, but .. ❤️ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk That tree doesn't know how lucky it is!!! Lol 2 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:42 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:42 PM Besides "Le Ballet", this has been the highlight of this tour for me so far. She's been SLAYING those belts. 7 Quote
Boy Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:48 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:48 PM I have just watched EUS from Bourdeaux and I have to say it's look quite existentially sad due to raining. But beautiful 1 Quote Love comes to those who believe it...
LukeD Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:53 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:53 PM (edited) Nope, master Luke. Fortunately Céline already dismissed that possibility during her speech in this tour She used exactly your same words to discard that thought, so no, if she's true to her current words, "she won't end her career locked up in Vegas" Thanx for the information, servant Javito! Just teasing! I admit I had absolutely missed this statement. However, if the post of MrTim, which you liked, is correct, then what Celine has made clear is that she will be touring the world on every occasion. No? I think this is something we already know. Guess we need to see what the future holds and be unbiased about it!But being "locked up" and being there are two different things. If she cuts down yet again on the number of shows there and opens herself up for ALOT of other projects something like how Jennifer Lopez does it, than I hardly would say shes locked up there. I have a feeling she'll always do Vegas at least a couple of months out the year.Love how we are arguing the notion of Celine being locked in a place, when this place provides her stability for the family, the chance to perform songs she enjoys, critical acclaim and money, money, money. I notice the persistent use of the word ''locked'' and I am like ''ok sure, how can I get myself locked up like that?'' I took it more as a joke... Like "don't worry guys, they let me out of my cage every once and a while to sing my ACTUAL French repertoire and not just 'Quand ça balance'!. I'm not gonna disappear!" Or at least, I hope it was a joke... heheYour interpretation makes much more sense to me. Had Celine announced that she would quit Vegas at some point, then this would have ignited much discussion here! I think we are looking at another 10 years (minimum) of Celine performing there, up until the twins turn 18!As I'm watching all the tour videos I keep on noticing a few comments here and there complaining about how "rude" the audience is for being loud or hollering during the show and I'm just like..do you even follow Celine?! I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but it's too bad the Vegas audience is so sedate in comparison. The Vegas show has more of a VIP sense to it. Everything is so classy and neat, you feel you are in a theatre ready to watch an orchestral show. I think this highly influences the mood of people, I know I would be feeling different in Vegas than what I'm feeling about the upcoming concert in Birmingham. I am ready to sing along, cheer and scream for this one! Just my two cents. Edited July 7, 2017 at 03:58 PM by LukeD 2 Quote
LukeD Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:54 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:54 PM Besides "Le Ballet", this has been the highlight of this tour for me so far. She's been SLAYING those belts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIV2ju9fu1oOne of the highlights of the francophone tour! The live performances of this song are better than the studio version. The live arrangements have made it much more interesting IMO! 1 Quote
Alison_Loves_Celine Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:59 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 03:59 PM That tree doesn't know how lucky it is!!! Lol Damn right!! Never thought I'd be jealous of a bit of plant life Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:02 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:02 PM One of the highlights of the francophone tour! The live performances of this song are better than the studio version. The live arrangements have made it much more interesting IMO! Out of all the songs performed from EUS, this song translated to the stage the best. The flute is just the perfect addition. 2 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
Popular Post MrTim212 Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:06 PM Popular Post Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:06 PM Amen! That's everything about it, with every single comma of your post! I too wish this crazy unlimited focus on fashion would translate also into music. Why not showing all this high-profile with fashion in a nice video of one of your songs? I still think she's constantly neglecting her music. She gives one step forward and two backwards every time she releases a new album. It's as if became something completely secondary once she releases the album. The moment she finishes her work in the recording studio, she forgets about it. All creativity is gone. Any chances to make those songs shine and be promoted the best she can, are as slim as they can be? Why, why, why? I don't want her to be lost in fashion now. I feel like where Céline is at the moment is in a "figuring it all out" stage. We've seen major steps forward (although not perfect) in terms of the music. EUS was an incredible album for her, but the lack of promotion/videos/TV performances of songs/etc. was a big miss. The "re-release" being a calendar with pictures of the tour, instead of a live DVD, or at least live videos of the EUS songs from the tour, or something more relevant was ridiculous. She also did some fantastic TV performances - TSMGO at the Billboard Music Awards for one, and it was a phenomenal idea to release the single of the song to coincide with the performance - HOWEVER, it should NOT have been the version they released. It should've been either a re-recorded studio version of the Vegas version OR they could've released a LIVE version from Vegas. Again, it was a good strategy, but BAD execution. We've also seen huge steps forward in her tours over the past two years. Again, not perfect, but the fact that we got 1f4t songs that were never performed before, songs like "Tous les blues..." (never performed live), LIAWN (never performed live), TTWII (first time with a GOOD full band arrangement), TCOML, RTD... All incredible. Misses here: Cutting LMBTL, Misled, THLAL... Not "framing" them correctly in the show to get people "into it" or giving them a shot... STILL, when I look at the 2016 and 2017 tours, they are light years ahead of the TCWT. And now the fashion piece - I think it's probably something that she's wanted to do for a long time, and now she's really loving it, AND getting great press out of it. Given the heartache of last year, I'm sure it's making her feel beautiful, sexy, and reborn. SO, in conclusion - I think she's still learning to navigate the post-Rene/Aldo era of her career, and is clearly loving what she's doing and pushing herself into new directions. It will be interesting to see how things evolve over the next 18 months or so: The launch of her collection, English album, return to Vegas, next year's tour, etc. Like I said, we've had some great steps forward, but she's going through some "growing pains" right now when it comes to balancing her career. 9 Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
Popular Post LukeD Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:07 PM Popular Post Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:07 PM I cannot even believe there are people discussing the notion of Celine neglecting her music! It has not even been a year since Encore Un Soir was released! We are probably less than a year away from the new English album! Celine pulled off 3 different set-lists last month! She is into fashion now! So? Am I the only one who feels it is not coincidental that she became so involved in fashion after Rene died? The woman obviously needs to open a new page in her life! Something that is not correlated to her professional past with Rene! I bet she finds these activities invigorating! How can anyone debate that? Please give her a break! I so wish Celine does not read this forum with the insatiable expectations and constant complaints of some members. 11 Quote
*kirstie* Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:16 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:16 PM (edited) As I'm watching all the tour videos I keep on noticing a few comments here and there complaining about how "rude" the audience is for being loud or hollering during the show and I'm just like..do you even follow Celine?! I know this has been discussed ad nauseam but it's too bad the Vegas audience is so sedate in comparison. Reminds me of someone's amazing footage of a lone woman dancing shamelessly during one of the interludes at the Vegas show though https://twitter.com/...782930941845505 I don't think anyone's complaining about how loud the fans have been. I think a lot has been lost in translation along the way. Most people (as has been mentioned already) are referring to a certain group of people singing that bloody White Stripes song over and over again 😂 Edited July 7, 2017 at 04:19 PM by *kirstie* 2 Quote
scielle Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:17 PM Posted July 7, 2017 at 04:17 PM Don't mean to detract from this important conversation but - "In conclusion: Celine Dion is the number one supermodel in the world and everyone else is nothing but a piece of lint on her flying saucer hat." Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the TweetJavascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to viewClick here to view the Tweet OK, back to regularly-scheduled programming. 5 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.