Sazeliza Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:20 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:20 AM this little Americanized pronunciation guide is a fricken life-saver. Thanks a million. I just heard Je Crois Toi today and, you know, I kinda miss it on the tour. I get why it's not there, it would so not have worked. And it has been done in both last year and 2013 but still it's kinda sad not to see it. I also would have loved Destin to make a bit of a comeback! But oh well. Ok, I've now actually heard her perform the song Si c'était à refaire, and she makes the liaison between the 't' of 'c'était' and the 'à' which follows it. So she pronounces it 'see settett a rfair'. You can pronounce it the way I initially said too, and I think she did on one occasion in the performance, but the liaison just makes it easier to say. Quote
Sazeliza Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:24 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:24 AM I'm amazed at how similar her voice sounded in certain performances in Bordeaux to how she sounded when she performed them in the late 90s. Je sais pas in particular! Identical to my ears. Quote
Matias Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:26 AM (edited) Actually first time she sang it in concert. And maybe fist time live. Nope, she did sing it during a part of the LTAL tour ...I think they later change it to SSD She starts at 1:03https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYzxEjGf5C8 And she did sing it on TV shows a couple times, but playback...(does not count) Edited July 1, 2017 at 10:28 AM by Matias 1 Quote http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maic6m257V1rbfceqo2_250.gif"No no, put it back..."
Sazeliza Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:28 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:28 AM This is all the more astounding when you consider the news of Adele cancelling her last few Wembley shows due to vocal cord damage http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40465871She did 2/4 scheduled shows, I believe. Meanwhile, Celine has been singing basically non stop, 3 different set lists, dancing, shuttling between countries daily, AND being a single mom. And putting on a daily fashion show. How does she do it?! We all know that Céline has had expert vocal training and knows exactly how to take care of her voice. I would hope that Adele does too but you never know. It annoys me that she's nowhere near as skilled vocally as Céline, yet people from my age group at least (20s) tend to appreciate Adele an awful lot more and think she's the most talented singer out there at the moment. She's not. 2 Quote
pepillo90 Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM (edited) Hello everyone! I would need some help. I'm trying to buy a ticket for the Nice show, but when I click on the section seat I want in Ticketmaster and I click in "Validate" it says "The event is not on sale". Anyone has a clue of what's happening? Another option is to buy it through Viagogo but is it safe or official? Thank you so much! Edited July 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM by pepillo90 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/pepillo90/swingit.jpg ► My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arts_yard/
Evulik Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:37 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:37 AM Finally I am very happy with the French setlist, I would like to apologize for having said that I was sad because of it ^^But I have to explain more : "That's the way it is" is my teenage song, the lyrics helped me when I was younger and I think it is a really great song to be performed live. But she never sang it when I saw her in 1999, 2008, 2013, 2015.This year, I will attend two shows : Berne and Nice. I know that I will have the French setlist in Nice, but I don't know which setlist I will have in Berne. I hope so much that it will be the English setlist but I told to myself "if there is the French setlist, maybe the reward will be "Tu sauras" (which is my favorite song from "Encore un soir") or maybe "That's the way it is" will also be on the French setlist". So that's why I was a little bit sad. This is now the real debate : will she perform in French or English in Bern ? Usually, she comes in Geneva or in Zürich in Switzerland, where there is no problem : Geneva in French and Zürich in English. But this year, she comes in Berne, which is in a bilingual canton, and she doesn't come in any other city in Switzerland. So this a real question. Do you have any clue ? I have also to say that I am very very very happy to have the luck to see her twice this year, and I count the days !!! (14 for now ^^). I am sure that I will have a beautiful evening even if it is the French setlist in Bern. (or maybe it will be a mix of both languages ?...) I was thinking about it as well. It would be nice to mix both setlist. And you are right, I would prefere to heart That's the way it is instead of BYLM, LCCM/RDMH and RTD/LSAWN/BOW. Don't get me wrong I love Refuse To Dance, but I think it doesn't suit to the french shows. She should do at least english hits I drove all night/That's the way it is/I'm alive medley (if she wants to sing something in english in the end. I would prefer french medley with A cause/Piaf chantereit du rock/Délivre-moi)Tu Sauras is one of my favourite, but I am very happy for A vous. :wub:So my suggestion for Bern setlist is: (I am trying to pick up songs from both tours, I wouldn't include LCCM/RDMH or The Show Must Go On, Because You Loved Me, but Celine would sing it for sure, therefore I put them in to the list). 1) The Power of Love2) I Drove All Night3) Terre4) Je sais pas5) Think Twice6) I'm alive7) A vous8) Zora Sourit9) It's all coming back to me now10) Si c'etait a refaire11) Recovering12) That's The Way It Is13) Le Ballet14) Because you loved me15) S'il suffisait d 'aimer16) All by myself17) Medley: RTD/LIAWN/BOW18) Medley: LCCM/RDMH19) The Show Must Go On20) My Heart Will Go On21) Encore Un Soir22) Pour que tu m'aimes encore 1 Quote
4girlsathome Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:42 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:42 AM Never buy on Viagogo !!! 2 Quote
noyau Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:56 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 10:56 AM I was thinking about it as well. It would be nice to mix both setlist. And you are right, I would prefere to heart That's the way it is instead of BYLM, LCCM/RDMH and RTD/LSAWN/BOW. Don't get me wrong I love Refuse To Dance, but I think it doesn't suit to the french shows. She should do at least english hits I drove all night/That's the way it is/I'm alive medley (if she wants to sing something in english in the end. I would prefer french medley with A cause/Piaf chantereit du rock/Délivre-moi)Tu Sauras is one of my favourite, but I am very happy for A vous. :wub:So my suggestion for Bern setlist is: (I am trying to pick up songs from both tours, I wouldn't include LCCM/RDMH or The Show Must Go On, Because You Loved Me, but Celine would sing it for sure, therefore I put them in to the list). 1) The Power of Love2) I Drove All Night3) Terre4) Je sais pas5) Think Twice6) I'm alive7) A vous8) Zora Sourit9) It's all coming back to me now10) Si c'etait a refaire11) Recovering12) That's The Way It Is13) Le Ballet14) Because you loved me15) S'il suffisait d 'aimer16) All by myself17) Medley: RTD/LIAWN/BOW18) Medley: LCCM/RDMH19) The Show Must Go On20) My Heart Will Go On21) Encore Un Soir22) Pour que tu m'aimes encore Thank you for having answered, and your ideas are very good ! It is a possible setlist and it suits me perfectly ! Quote ***I speak French, sorry for my mistakes in English. I would be very happy if you write me a private message to tell me when I make mistakes, as I want to improve my English***
Cuchi Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM (edited) What do you think of the first costume in both the English and the French shows? Is the blazer a bit in the stiff style of the Annie Horth era? Perhaps something more creative / fresh would be nice... Edited July 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM by Cuchi 1 Quote
celinesounds Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:22 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:22 AM What do you think of the first costume in both the English and the French shows? Is the blazer a bit in the stiff style of the Annie Horth era? Perhaps something more creative / fresh would be nice... it was a left over 2 Quote #FREEJAVITO
donpi86 Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:30 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:30 AM HAHAHA I LOVE LE BALLET.... she is sooo horny... hahahaha I love how free she feels with this tour... How free she feels lately..Don't try to be misunderstood buut it looks like she is getting back her youth... hope she starts a lovely affair with the guitarist and that dancer... hahahaha that mic...meh... hahahaha Quote
4girlsathome Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM Posted July 1, 2017 at 11:37 AM I think she wants to please her son. Modern outfits, modern show. Maybe she does it for him as before for renè. Quote
DionFanAlways Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM HAHAHA I LOVE LE BALLET.... she is sooo horny... hahahaha I love how free she feels with this tour... How free she feels lately..Don't try to be misunderstood buut it looks like she is getting back her youth... hope she starts a lovely affair with the guitarist and that dancer... hahahaha that mic...meh... hahahaha Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
celinesounds Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:27 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:27 PM (edited) I think she wants to please her son. Modern outfits, modern show. Maybe she does it for him as before for renè. she wants to pleasant herself, she is like a teenager now now it's her word Edited July 1, 2017 at 12:28 PM by celinesounds Quote #FREEJAVITO
Daysleeper Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:51 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:51 PM This is now the real debate : will she perform in French or English in Bern ? Usually, she comes in Geneva or in Zürich in Switzerland, where there is no problem : Geneva in French and Zürich in English. But this year, she comes in Berne, which is in a bilingual canton, and she doesn't come in any other city in Switzerland. So this a real question. Do you have any clue ? I have also to say that I am very very very happy to have the luck to see her twice this year, and I count the days !!! (14 for now ^^). I am sure that I will have a beautiful evening even if it is the French setlist in Bern. (or maybe it will be a mix of both languages ?...) I was thinking about it too. I suppose she had the anglophone set list in Zurich in 1996/1997/1999/2008, right? and other cities (Lausanne, Geneva, Neuchâtel) the francophone.The mixed set list would be a good option, but I'm not sure it will happen. After all, her shows in Antwerp were all francophone despite the fact it's a Flemish city. 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:54 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 12:54 PM I like the black outfit she's wearing today! Not as "odd" as they have been the past few days 😂 1 Quote
woodstock Posted July 1, 2017 at 01:09 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 01:09 PM I was thinking about it too. I suppose she had the anglophone set list in Zurich in 1996/1997/1999/2008, right? and other cities (Lausanne, Geneva, Neuchâtel) the francophone.The mixed set list would be a good option, but I'm not sure it will happen. After all, her shows in Antwerp were all francophone despite the fact it's a Flemish city.She might do a mixed setlist, like she did in Ottawa back in 2009, with a bit of the french setlist added to the international setlist of the TTC. That would be fun to hear ! 1 Quote
celine19 Posted July 1, 2017 at 01:16 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 01:16 PM (edited) Edited July 1, 2017 at 01:18 PM by celine19 7 Quote Always be yourself! Unless you can be Céline......Then better be Céline!https://www.instagram.com/celine_dion_austria_fanclub/https://www.facebook.com/groups/392887531224865/
IL_DINO Posted July 1, 2017 at 01:42 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 01:42 PM I was thinking about it too. I suppose she had the anglophone set list in Zurich in 1996/1997/1999/2008, right? and other cities (Lausanne, Geneva, Neuchâtel) the francophone.The mixed set list would be a good option, but I'm not sure it will happen. After all, her shows in Antwerp were all francophone despite the fact it's a Flemish city. In all concerts in Zurich, she presented her English Repetoire. Bern is also German-speaking. Only a small part of the canton is French speaking. I fear there is no LE BALLET in Bern. I would sit alone for this song in the front row ....Celine in Bern, in my city - I still can not believe it ... LG Stefan 1 Quote
Moleque20 Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:05 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:05 PM Does anyone know how much the tourbook costs in France? 1 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
celinefan1985 Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:10 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:10 PM Critical whinny *censored* on this Forum. Just enjoy the fact that at 49 and after loosing the love of her life, Celine is still at top vocal performance. At the same age, Mariah wouldn't be able to make it through 2 live songs. Whitney, God rest her soul, neither. 5 Quote
Javito Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:10 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:10 PM Does anybody know what's the name of the guy who looks like Partick Swayze? His name is José "Pepe" Muñoz I think she wants to please her son. Modern outfits, modern show. Maybe she does it for him as before for renè. Imagine if it was RC who told Céline" hey mum, time to act and perform some sensuality in your shows according to the times?" 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Brandon Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:19 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:19 PM 24 years, not 14!SM is 14 Quote https://media.giphy....zviuO/giphy.gif
DionFanAlways Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:38 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:38 PM She definitely smashed her finger. See the bruise on the nail? Poor thing. 3 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Del Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:58 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 02:58 PM Oh you mean there were other songs other than Le Ballet????? :laugh: :laugh: NO kidding, All I've managed to look at so far were Le Ballet multiple time (so hot) and the accoustic version of PQTME. Just thinking of that version of PQTME has me in tears. 4 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
jpatdeleon09 Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:17 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:17 PM (edited) His name is José "Pepe" Muñoz Pepe Muñoz looks great with long hair! 🔥 Edited July 1, 2017 at 03:19 PM by jpatdeleon09 Quote
nuts2you Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:19 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:19 PM well, another Forum party tonight/ today , 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:20 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:20 PM Ive also notice that she been wearing rene wedding ring a lot lately, 1 Quote
celine19 Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:24 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:24 PM Posted by TC right now.....get ready for Lille.... 1 Quote Always be yourself! Unless you can be Céline......Then better be Céline!https://www.instagram.com/celine_dion_austria_fanclub/https://www.facebook.com/groups/392887531224865/
scielle Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:24 PM Posted July 1, 2017 at 03:24 PM Video of Celine arriving in Lille - http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/185635/article/2017-07-01/celine-dion-est-arrivee-lille 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.