LukeD Posted November 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM Posted November 12, 2016 at 11:06 AM (edited) Ah and that's not going off-topic right? But mentioning Las Vegas which is a direct cause now for the stop of the EUS album promotion (as with every previous album since she's there) is off-topic? Come on... It's always your way or your way. Now you're making the rules too I won't lose a second to look up for every random post in which you've started, continued or followed the racy comments with CelinesDivo in every thread of the forum, because you know perfectly what kind of comments are. Sometimes mixed with on-topic comments, but other times just single posts joking around about your personal flirtation that we just have to skip because they are mixed in between the topics.There is no personal flirtation! Just joking. Second, as I said, we have never derailed threads. It is just FEW comments nobody cares about. Had there been an issue with this, people would call us out on it. And I would stop. It never happened though. Cannot say the same with your activity. Edited November 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM by LukeD Quote
Popular Post manu23 Posted November 12, 2016 at 01:11 PM Popular Post Posted November 12, 2016 at 01:11 PM (edited) It is a bit shocking, and sad at the same time, the level of discontent of some people. You will never be happy with Celine unless you understand the year you are living in, this is not the 90s, music industry has changed drastically, the business is not selling records anymore but doing concerts and shows, albums are actually the excuse for artists to tour and do shows. Albums selling 1M worldwide are considered hits nowadays, I don't think Ariana or Meghan Trainor have even reached that and they are probably at their prime. Anyone complaining about Celine not doing promo is an ignorant, and I don't say it as an insult, but as the dictionary defines it "lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact". Please compare her to other artist of her generation and then complain about the lack of promo. When LMBTL was released she visited every major market to promote it, she performed in some of the biggest tv shows out there. Celine was one of the top 10 highest paid female artists in 2016 according to Forbes, she would probably be top 5 if the summer tour was included. That's what I call a solid international career after 30 years. Yes she could cancel Vegas and go to France and Canada to promote EUS again, and maybe sell 300k copies more but that's probably not worth for Sony or even her. She is been everywhere this last summer, she even promoted a French album in USA! But for some people it is never enough... And again, I'M NOT DEFENDING VEGAS, I'm just being pragmatic. Edited November 12, 2016 at 01:14 PM by manu23 12 Quote
Javito Posted November 12, 2016 at 01:39 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 01:39 PM (edited) Whatever, both of you. We agree to disagree. I'm a total ignorant Céline's career has a great management and the new manager has created the best promo plan for EUS, whose promotion only had 4 songs taken to the stage and on TV shows, and no TV special to showcase the potential of the album. Vegas has nothing to do with the lack of interest in Sony for promoting her albums, or the lack of energy of Céline to put more interest and effort in promoting her new music, which I don't know what's worse. Hence, Vegas is absolute bliss. Vegas is the best thing she has done in her career. It has nothing to do with the diminishing popularity of Céline in all countries and radios around the world, except French-speaking countries. There's nothing else for which she deserves to be remembered other than having performed 1,000+ shows there and a residence of 10+ years. Compare Céline's career with an artist of her generation? Simply take Madonna, and every single album she releases, everyone around the world knows about it, and the radios play her new music still to this date, for better or worse. But hey, I'm an ignorant who lives in another planet, or in the 1800's, not sure... Edited November 12, 2016 at 01:41 PM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 12, 2016 at 02:16 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 02:16 PM I love how my name pops up in a topic that I have not commented in for quite some time. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
manu23 Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:05 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:05 PM You know I didn't mean you are an ignorant But honestly, when I read your posts I wonder how can you still be a fan of hers after so many years of frustration, I could never (I stopped listening to Mariah for that reason, I didn't like how her career was turning), if something doesn't make me happy I just stop doing it. Or maybe it just proves how big of a fan you are, despite the continuous disappointment you are still here... But as someone anonymous once said: if you worry too much about what might be, and wonder too long about what might have been, you will completely miss what is 3 Quote
Javito Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:24 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:24 PM (edited) Because I still love the albums she releases? Because I love her for what she did in the past, and many of the things she's still doing? Because I loved the summer tour as a kid with new toys? ... You know, one cannot reduce her career today to what she's doing most of her time in Vegas, despite the fact that Vegas IS what is taking most of her time in her career since she's there And just because she has that blot that is overshadowing the rest of things she does since 2003 -like all the new music she releases-, that doesn't mean I have to stop loving her (which has never happened, by the way). Edited November 12, 2016 at 04:29 PM by Javito 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Popular Post LukeD Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:47 PM Popular Post Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:47 PM (edited) Compare Céline's career with an artist of her generation? Simply take Madonna, and every single album she releases, everyone around the world knows about it, and the radios play her new music still to this date, for better or worse. But hey, I'm an ignorant who lives in another planet, or in the 1800's, not sure... MDNA sold on the same level as LMBTL, despite being promoted much more. And Rebel Heart sold lower than LMBTL. Madonna is not doing better than Celine at the moment. She has actually recieved tons of backlash for some of her singles and performances, people seem to respect her less and less. And due to ageism her songs do not recieve the airplay you think they do. She has unfortunately reached a point where she is widely regarded as a shadow of her old self. At this point, Celine has a more healthy career/status than any of her peers (Madonna, Mariah, Janet Jackson). Her catalogue music ranks higher, her YouTube views are twice the size and during the past 5 years or so she reached a peak of critical acclaim, she literally soared to unexpected highs in many occasions. Edited November 12, 2016 at 04:51 PM by LukeD 9 Quote
jpatdeleon09 Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:54 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:54 PM Still no music video... Quote
LukeD Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:57 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 04:57 PM (edited) Anyone complaining about Celine not doing promo is an ignorant, and I don't say it as an insult, but as the dictionary defines it "lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact". Please compare her to other artist of her generation and then complain about the lack of promo. When LMBTL was released she visited every major market to promote it, she performed in some of the biggest tv shows out there.Celine has been working very hard during such a difficult era and this has apparently taken a toll on her. All I hoped for this album is that we did get the music video of EUS and that the November re-release would have been more interesting. Edited November 12, 2016 at 04:58 PM by LukeD 3 Quote
celinesounds Posted November 12, 2016 at 06:12 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 06:12 PM MDNA sold on the same level as LMBTL, despite being promoted much more. And Rebel Heart sold lower than LMBTL. Madonna is not doing better than Celine at the moment. She has actually recieved tons of backlash for some of her singles and performances, people seem to respect her less and less. And due to ageism her songs do not recieve the airplay you think they do. She has unfortunately reached a point where she is widely regarded as a shadow of her old self. At this point, Celine has a more healthy career/status than any of her peers (Madonna, Mariah, Janet Jackson). Her catalogue music ranks higher, her YouTube views are twice the size and during the past 5 years or so she reached a peak of critical acclaim, she literally soared to unexpected highs in many occasions. How many Madonna's music videos played on Music Chanels by that time and How many Celine's videos did the same albums are not selling, and they are not doing videos Madonna its a great ticket seller, like Celine, she only needs an album to create a tour or a show, Celine uses covers to promote :giggle: 2 Quote #FREEJAVITO
Xpresso Posted November 12, 2016 at 06:13 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 06:13 PM So it seems that everyone knows when Madonna releases a new album. And radios play her new singles? (Well not that much really!) Yet she doesn't sell more than Céline does. So what does that tell you!!??Imagine if the whole world would know about Céline's new album.... she'd probably sell 100 more albums. 2 Quote
comingback Posted November 12, 2016 at 06:23 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 06:23 PM (edited) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxyahDOtqZw I think the EUS lyric video fits the song, it doesn't need a big music video. Love it. Edited November 12, 2016 at 06:23 PM by comingback 3 Quote
scielle Posted November 12, 2016 at 07:21 PM Posted November 12, 2016 at 07:21 PM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxyahDOtqZw I think the EUS lyric video fits the song, it doesn't need a big music video. Love it. Completely agree. I think this one is absolutely fitting for the song. The little we saw of the other one felt uninspiring, and let's face it, close-ups of Celine overacting in these kinds of videos are kinda painful. I think it would only take away from the song, rather than add to it.If anything, I'd prefer they'd release a proper video of a live stage performance. 1 Quote
IL_DINO Posted November 13, 2016 at 03:44 PM Posted November 13, 2016 at 03:44 PM Charts?????? I click here because I am looking for news on charts. But forget it. Many write something here - without reading what the title of the story is. Too stupid? Max, I miss your chart news !!!! LG Stefan 3 Quote
max24 Posted November 14, 2016 at 02:10 PM Posted November 14, 2016 at 02:10 PM (edited) France - singleDigital - #14 (up from #26) Streaming - #107 (up from #115) France - albumPhysical - #7 (#7)Digital - #24 (up from #32) France - back catalog#24 - ON NE CHANGE PAS#50 - TRIPLE BEST OF#51 - 2 CD MID#62 - SANS ATTENDRE / 1 FILLE 4 TYPES#96 - DEUX Still waiting for the main albums chart... Edited November 14, 2016 at 02:11 PM by max24 4 Quote
melquilisboa Posted November 14, 2016 at 05:40 PM Posted November 14, 2016 at 05:40 PM Encore Un Soir is DIAMOND in France, Céline is the only foreign artist to have 6 diamond albums there <3 7 Quote
max24 Posted November 17, 2016 at 12:56 PM Posted November 17, 2016 at 12:56 PM The album was oficially certified Diamond in France on Friday 11 November 2016.Here is the updated SNEP link:http://www.snepmusique.com/les-disques-dor/?awards_cat=0&awards_awd=0&awards_year=0&awards_artist=C%C3%89LINE+DION&awards_title=ENCORE+UN+SOIR&awards_edit_distrib=&awards_sort=date_certif-desc&awards_nb=30&submitAdvanced=RechercherSo why Celine's site is silent about this? Also nothing on her Facebook, Twitter.Isn't it important?I also wonder why ChartsinFrance.net wrote no article about it? 5 Quote
max24 Posted November 18, 2016 at 01:03 PM Posted November 18, 2016 at 01:03 PM (edited) Belgium Walloniaalbum - #6 (#3)single "Si c'était à refaire" - Ultratip chart #49 (new) Belgium Flandersalbum - #56 (#34) Edited November 18, 2016 at 01:03 PM by max24 Quote
Popular Post max24 Posted November 18, 2016 at 02:45 PM Popular Post Posted November 18, 2016 at 02:45 PM The album is #10 in France and has sold 8,588 copies this week.So now the pure sales is at 502,364 8 Quote
LukeD Posted November 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM Posted November 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM I think the album will pull almost 100k in France after its re-release. I mean in total. Thoughts? Quote
max24 Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:19 AM Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:19 AM I think the album will pull almost 100k in France after its re-release. I mean in total. Thoughts?So far no word about the re-release from Celine's website, her social media or Sony 1 Quote
max24 Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM "Si c'était à refaire" has a new peak on the French Radio Chart - #36 7 Quote
Javito Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:52 AM Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:52 AM So far no word about the re-release from Celine's website, her social media or Sony What's the point? What would they say? Now including a "calendar"??? I'm sure most of them are embarrased about this stupid rerelease, for which they don't care. 2 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
giannislyber Posted November 21, 2016 at 02:56 PM Posted November 21, 2016 at 02:56 PM If Celine did the promotion Patricia Kaas does right now, the album would have sold so much more copies! 1 Quote
LukeD Posted November 21, 2016 at 05:16 PM Posted November 21, 2016 at 05:16 PM "Si c'était à refaire" has a new peak on the French Radio Chart - #36 This chart indicates the French airplay in general? Like out of all the songs that were played in France this week, SCAR was the 36th most played? Quote
max24 Posted November 21, 2016 at 10:21 PM Posted November 21, 2016 at 10:21 PM This chart indicates the French airplay in general? Like out of all the songs that were played in France this week, SCAR was the 36th most played?Yes, it is the official SNEP overall Airplay Chart http://www.snepmusique.com/tops-semaine/top-radios/ 2 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:19 PM Posted November 21, 2016 at 11:19 PM (edited) "Si c'était à refaire" has a new peak on the French Radio Chart - #36 wow. it's a top 40 radio hit...and it's in the top 200 on iTunes in france too.....with no music video or promo lol. Man...such wasted opportunities....I really hope a third single gets an official music video in January or February 2017 But I guess that's a dream....after all the album sold so poorly in France they can't afford it.... lol Edited November 21, 2016 at 11:20 PM by Kyle_Jared 1 Quote
LukeD Posted November 22, 2016 at 06:11 AM Posted November 22, 2016 at 06:11 AM (edited) Yes, it is the official SNEP overall Airplay Chart http://www.snepmusiq...ine/top-radios/Thank you! This is unexpected to me because, as it was pointed out, the song was released with virtually no promotion. Do you think it is possible that they had a radio deal? Someone should put the info on Wikipedia! Edited November 22, 2016 at 06:13 AM by LukeD Quote
max24 Posted November 22, 2016 at 10:51 AM Posted November 22, 2016 at 10:51 AM Thank you! This is unexpected to me because, as it was pointed out, the song was released with virtually no promotion. Do you think it is possible that they had a radio deal? Someone should put the info on Wikipedia!No, I'm sure there's no radio deal, it's not important like in America It's just a nice surprise.I've added it on Wiki By the way, Celine's album is the second Diamond album this year in France after Renaud.She's over 500,000 copies and he has sold 630,000 units.Four days ago he re-released his album with new songs and a DVD, so he will sell more.Celine's re-release with a calendar won't do wonders. 3 Quote
manu23 Posted November 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM Posted November 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM It's not directly related to EUS chart performance but interesting. Nothing new though, but just for those who think radios "just happen" to play songs One of the most misunderstood facts of marketing a record is that you must promote it to radio. Notice I did not say SEND it to radio, I said promote it. Sending your release to radio, and getting them to play it, is two separate things. The biggest misunderstanding of everyone releasing music is this: They think that you mail it to radio, and if everyone starts playing it, then it's a hit, and if they don't start playing it, then it's no good. This is NOT how radio works. Even the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) says on its own website, "When you hear a song on the radio -- this didn't just happen! Labels make investments in artists by paying for both the production and the promotion of the album, and promotion is very expensive." Direct quote. http://www.radio-media.com/song-album/articles/airplay15.html 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.