Jump to content

[Charts] The "Encore Un Soir" Era


Recommended Posts

Posted
Almost 50k without promotion! Goes to prove this album could have brought the numbers of Sans Attendre during the Christmas period. If not more...
  • Like 1
Posted

So I read yesterday that Celine is the worlds best selling artist of the second half of 2016! Not bad with a French album!

 

Kev x

  • Like 5
Posted

Why do people keep saying that the album has no promotion when some members are saying that there are TV ads? It's promotion too and even more important than a performance by the artist himself, since the impact of latter depends on TV ratings and only lasts for a few minutes while TV/radio/social media/street ads can be seen by millions of people several times. Sometimes, overexposure is counterproductive.

 

I'm so happy that the Christmas season will allow this album to have a real probability to match Sans attendre's sales. In my opinion, it's a much better album and didn't deserve to sell less.

 

Next week sales should include Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th, so the drop in sales shouldn't be too big. However, expect sales to free-fall starting the following week.

Posted (edited)

Why do people keep saying that the album has no promotion when some members are saying that there are TV ads? It's promotion too and even more important than a performance by the artist himself, since the impact of latter depends on TV ratings and only lasts for a few minutes while TV/radio/social media/street ads can be seen by millions of people several times. Sometimes, overexposure is counterproductive.

 

I'm so happy that the Christmas season will allow this album to have a real probability to match Sans attendre's sales. In my opinion, it's a much better album and didn't deserve to sell less.

 

Next week sales should include Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th, so the drop in sales shouldn't be too big. However, expect sales to free-fall starting the following week.

You are right in saying that promotion is not only limited to performing or inteviews. Indeed, what I had in mind was a live appearance, much like the Sans Attendre days.

 

That said, there is no way EUS will match the total sales of Sans Attendre. Maybe in France it has a chance in the long run...

Edited by LukeD
Posted

On Christmas eve they send Le Grand Show on France 2.

And today there was some christmas program and they send her performance Encore Un soir on M6 :Kris!

  • Like 1
Posted

French Radio Chart:

#56 (#69) [31 weeks] - Encore un soir :)

#57 (#51) [10 weeks] - Si c'était à refaire

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Year-End Charts in Belgium:

 

Wallonia:

Album Chart: #1 Encore Un Soir :)

Single Chart: #59 Encore Un Soir

Mid Price: #13 On Ne Change Pas

Back Catalog Singles: #70 Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore

 

Flanders:

Album Chart: #43 Encore Un Soir

Mid Price: #45 My Love: Essential Collection

Edited by max24
  • Like 4
Posted
Update [Dec. 27th] 56.000 copies this week. Total sales WW: 860.000
  • Like 4
Posted
does this include the re-release of this album, btw to bad it didn't do well here in the states,,, that should be include . cause a lot of her fans do buy her French material,
Posted

This is an unofficial list (from pure charts) of the best-selling albums in 2016 in France so far (without the latest week):

 

01 Renaud – Renaud (693,600)

02 Céline Dion – Encore un soir (622,100)

03 Kids United – Une monde meilleur (496,700)

04 Kids United – Tout le bonheur du monde (382,700)

05 M. Pokora – My Way (363,100)

 

and later

 

95 Céline Dion – On ne change pas (39,000)

 

So, Celine will end as the second best-selling album in France. With the latest week, Renaud will cross 700,000 copies. I hope Celine will end the year with 650,000 copies sold in France :)

  • Like 5
Posted

French charts:

 

Physical Albums:

Encore un soir - #2 (#3) :)

 

Digital Albums

Physical Albums:

Encore un soir - #25 (#25)

 

Digital Single:

Encore un soir - #23 (#22)

 

Back Catalog:

ON NE CHANGE PAS - #22 (#31)

SANS ATTENDRE - #45 (re)

TRIPLE BEST OF - #75 (#72)

 

We don't have the main sales albums chart yet.

But we know that M. Pokora is #1 with 33,006 copies.

  • Like 4
Posted

So she probably did about 30K last week in France.

 

Figures are insane. I really hope Sony releases a third single in 2017. She can easily sell another 100K plus with another hit single.

  • Like 2
Posted
I'm still listening to this album, Its on repeat,
  • Like 1
Posted

French Main Sales Albums Chart:

Encore un soir - #2 (#3)

On Ne Change Pas - #163 (#224)

 

Encore must have sold around 30,000 copies.

 

So this is the chart-run on the Sales Chart in France:

1-1-1-2-1-1-1-3-8-7-8-10-12-11-7-5-3-2-

 

18 weeks on the chart so far, including 6 weeks at #1 and 16 weeks inside top 10 :)

  • Like 7
Posted

It's incredible how well it has done!

 

Kev x

  • Like 1
Posted
I'm still listening to that album everyday since august. I really LOVE it!
  • Like 1
Posted
Update [Jan 5th] 35.000 copies this week. Total sales WW: 895.000
  • Like 5
Posted
I wonder if that is from the re-release of this album, that sales are so high
Posted (edited)

It's official: Encore un soir is the second best-selling album in France in 2016, and I'm talking about the albums chart that includes streaming.

Renaud is first with 734,871 (this number includes streaming).

I hope that Celine's number (including streaming) will leak :)

http://www.youscribe...reaming-2789006

Edited by max24
  • Like 6
Posted

When did Renaud released his/her album?

 

It's official: Encore un soir is the second best-selling album in France in 2016, and I'm talking about the albums chart that includes streaming.

Renaud is first with 734,871 (this number includes streaming).

I hope that Celine's number (including streaming) will leak :)

http://www.youscribe...reaming-2789006

Posted

When did Renaud released his/her album?

 

It's official: Encore un soir is the second best-selling album in France in 2016, and I'm talking about the albums chart that includes streaming.

Renaud is first with 734,871 (this number includes streaming).

I hope that Celine's number (including streaming) will leak :)

http://www.youscribe...reaming-2789006

Posted

When did Renaud released his/her album?

 

April 8th, 2016 ;) I'm sure Céline will outsell him in the end :P

  • Like 1


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted
Well I guess we Never got a Music Video , So sad :giggle: :giggle:
Posted

She did if she released it the same time.

So in their opinion the album did great.

And that with the promo and videos we got haha.

I wonder what Renaud did :)

 

 

 

April 8th, 2016 ;) I'm sure Céline will outsell him in the end :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...