Jump to content

"Recovering" (written by Pink) - Official Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

She sat with Scott once, and they listened to the whole album 1 fille et 4 types...Scott said she likes so much that LP

Awww. 💖 I love it too!!

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
In Journal de montreal article she says how she's always been creative and now it's more than ever. And also she said that it was so exciting for her to decide that she will start and end a show with acapella, she will not change a costume etc. In la presse both Scott Price and Aldo speak about how many ideas she gives, for music, lyrics etc. She insisted to include not very well known songs because she wanted people to discover them. I hope someone will be able to translate it nicely and fully later. It's a great thing that she finally gets credits, but I don't understand why Celine couldn't decide like that before, at least essential points of the show, I guess she relied only on Rene and believed him and a team completely

 

 

I will look at more of it later, but these are the highlights I have read so far:

 

 

 

-Celine said she and Rene were 50/50, and left her his 50% so now she is 100%

- Celine said to her Rene will always be the manager

- She has never been the kind of person to demand one thing over another. She still won't. She totally trusted Rene and found he didn't make a lot of mistakes anyway.

- Celine's contribution to her career isn't just because of Rene's physical absence. She has, naturally, over time become more and more involved.

- They had two listening parties for the new French album, and Rene was present at both.

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Posted

So Celine wants to do less covers in her new albums? That's great!

 

Kev x

  • Like 6
Posted

She sat with Scott once, and they listened to the whole album 1 fille et 4 types...Scott said she likes so much that LP

 

So Celine wants to do less covers in her new albums? That's great!

 

Kev x

 

Which article are you getting this info from?

 

It's just amazing that Céline takes time to rediscover her past albums from time to time, and in this case the so neglected 1 fille & 4 types :wub: :w00t: :clap:

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

 

 

 

 

Which article are you getting this info from?

 

It's just amazing that Céline takes time to rediscover her past albums from time to time, and in this case the so neglected 1 fille & 4 types :wub: :w00t: :clap:

 

Fingers crossed they'll do this for other albums!

Posted

Which article are you getting this info from?

 

It's just amazing that Céline takes time to rediscover her past albums from time to time, and in this case the so neglected 1 fille & 4 types :wub: :w00t: :clap:

 

it's from this one, nice article :thumbsup2: : http://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/165a9b13-f036-4f29-9265-af952001770c%7Cl3jCvmdVuwqG.html

I'm so glad she included songs from that album, one of her best for me. Hopefully next french tour will be the time to rediscover D'Elles ^_^

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I did not know where to post this and maybe somebody did it before me...but anyway...today in the newspaper La Presse, there was an article about Celine and at the end it was said that Scott Price would Love Katy Perry to write a song for Celine. He said, "Imagine a song like Firework sung by Celine, it would be a hit". :)

 

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

 

I don't get it. Why they can't record a Celine Dion song.... they want to do a Katy Perry song, a Adele song, a Shakira song, a Bruno Mars song bla bla bla. It's high time they focused on Celine and not other artists... Actually Kate Perry's songs are not suitable for Celine at all. They want to do too much and the result will be again mediocre if they continue doing like this. :wacko:

 

In Journal de montreal article she says how she's always been creative and now it's more than ever. And also she said that it was so exciting for her to decide that she will start and end a show with acapella, she will not change a costume etc. In la presse both Scott Price and Aldo speak about how many ideas she gives, for music, lyrics etc. She insisted to include not very well known songs because she wanted people to discover them. I hope someone will be able to translate it nicely and fully later. It's a great thing that she finally gets credits, but I don't understand why Celine couldn't decide like that before, at least essential points of the show, I guess she relied only on Rene and believed him and a team completely

 

That's a shame actually. Because we've always wanted to discover some OTHER songs... Thank God she has finally realised that and is implementing the changes. Hopefully Celine will also want us to discover her less known English songs...

 

it's from this one, nice article :thumbsup2: : http://plus.lapresse...jCvmdVuwqG.html

I'm so glad she included songs from that album, one of her best for me. Hopefully next french tour will be the time to rediscover D'Elles ^_^

 

Bravo! Celine is finally thinking the right way! :D The part about choosing unknown songs is great!

Edited by anewdayhascome
  • Like 5
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted (edited)

 

I don't get it. Why they can't record a Celine Dion song.... they want to do a Katy Perry song, a Adele song, a Shakira song, a Bruno Mars song bla bla bla. It's high time they focused on Celine and not other artists... Actually Kate Perry's songs are not suitable for Celine at all. They want to do too much and the result will be again mediocre if they continue doing like this. :wacko:

 

Maybe coz there's actually no typical "Céling song", other than it being pop most of the times and/or a ballad with a high note? Céline's thing is that she can sing anything (whether you like something or not), which always has been her "problem". Each of her albums includes various of styles and unless they will go with 1 songwriter and/or producer for 1 album or unless Céline will write her own material, this will continue to happen. So whether it being Katy Perry who writes her a song, or Kanye West or Taylor Swift, in the end, it will always be someone's elses (the writer's) style. Don't get why we aren't used to it by now.....

Edited by CSCfan
  • Like 2

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted (edited)

Maybe coz there's actually no typical "Céling song", other than it being pop most of the times and/or a ballad with a high note? Céline's thing is that she can sing anything (whether you like something or not), which always has been her "problem". Each of her albums includes various of styles and unless they will go with 1 songwriter and/or producer for 1 album or unless Céline will write her own material, this will continue to happen. So whether it being Katy Perry who writes her a song, or Kanye West or Taylor Swift, in the end, it will always be someone's elses (the writer's) style. Don't get why we aren't used to it by now.....

Somehow in the past and especially in her albums before ANDHC (ANDHC included) Celine would leave her signature on songs that were not her typical ballads/style. Treat Her Like A Lady, Amar Haciendo El Amor, Refuse To Dance are good examples of what I'm saying. For whatever reason this is not the case with Celine singing Water And A Flame, Loved Me Back To Life or Eyes On Me. I think it is because these songs have the attitude/colours of another singer (Adele, Rihanna, Shakira and so on...) and it becomes hard for Celine to leave her trademark and really own them. So the last thing I want is a song sounding like a typical Katy Perry bubblegum pop anthem. Not only because it will lack the originality of a song created FOR Celine, but also because she deserves much more than that. Edited by LukeD
  • Like 1
Posted

In one of the La Presse articles, Denis Savage and Yves Aucoin said she's been more and more involved over a long period of time, probably starting a lot around the A New Day show. http://plus.lapresse...jCU7qkPW0J.html

 

Here's a rough translation of the section:

 

 

"We saw Celine imposing more and more of her ideas. She wanted us to do more and more what she wanted. It happened naturally over time, this is not something that just happened since Rene is not here," said Savage, tour manager and sound engineer.

 

"Celine really asserted herself through the show A New Day [given in Las Vegas from 2003 to 2007]," adds Aucoin, Lighting Designer. We had time, we did a lot of shows and redirected a little the artistic vision of the show. She flourished there. In the next round [Taking Chances], she said what she wanted, and we served as the team of translators. Céline sees things in close-up, which is not the reality of 20,000 people. So you have to translate it. We use a lot of images she found: fashion looks, stuff she saw on YouTube. Sometimes it has nothing to do with show business: it can be from architecture, sculpture or something else she finds beautiful. That brings ideas and we exchange ideas. But the art direction, it's really all about Celine"

 

I love that Yves Aucoin mentioned her finding ideas on YouTube. Love it when there's proof that she does use the Internet!!

Let's hope she never discovers those lip synch videos from the haters tho' :fear:
Posted (edited)

In one of the La Presse articles, Denis Savage and Yves Aucoin said she's been more and more involved over a long period of time, probably starting a lot around the A New Day show. http://plus.lapresse...jCU7qkPW0J.html

 

Here's a rough translation of the section:

 

 

"We saw Celine imposing more and more of her ideas. She wanted us to do more and more what she wanted. It happened naturally over time, this is not something that just happened since Rene is not here," said Savage, tour manager and sound engineer.

 

"Celine really asserted herself through the show A New Day [given in Las Vegas from 2003 to 2007]," adds Aucoin, Lighting Designer. We had time, we did a lot of shows and redirected a little the artistic vision of the show. She flourished there. In the next round [Taking Chances], she said what she wanted, and we served as the team of translators. Céline sees things in close-up, which is not the reality of 20,000 people. So you have to translate it. We use a lot of images she found: fashion looks, stuff she saw on YouTube. Sometimes it has nothing to do with show business: it can be from architecture, sculpture or something else she finds beautiful. That brings ideas and we exchange ideas. But the art direction, it's really all about Celine"

 

I love that Yves Aucoin mentioned her finding ideas on YouTube. Love it when there's proof that she does use the Internet!!

YouTube and Googling! Someone is definitely plugged in! :giggle:

Edited by DionFanAlways
  • Like 3
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted
this tour was so good, that i still don't care about a new album :innocent:
  • Like 2

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted

She sat with Scott once, and they listened to the whole album 1 fille et 4 types...Scott said she likes so much that LP

 

I've just realised that they rather listened to the first half hahaha... and the bonus track :P

 

I hope they will someday bring Je lui dirai and Rien n'est vraiment fini... They're so beautiful too <3

 

I know it's not a tour topic but I think that EJTE has grown up to PQTME/SSDA level during live performance. Definitely the highlight of the tour

  • Like 5
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted

I've just realised that they rather listened to the first half hahaha... and the bonus track :P

 

I hope they will someday bring Je lui dirai and Rien n'est vraiment fini... They're so beautiful too <3

 

I know it's not a tour topic but I think that EJTE has grown up to PQTME/SSDA level during live performance. Definitely the highlight of the tour

 

It still amazes me that she didn't pick Contre Nature, when the song was a selected as a single :mellow: :pinch:

  • Like 3

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

 

 

It still amazes me that she didn't pick Contre Nature, when the song was a selected as a single :mellow: :pinch:

It's probably because she was trying to introduce less well known songs. After all, she did do a lot of ones that haven't been done, well ever!

  • Like 1

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

It's probably because she was trying to introduce less well known songs. After all, she did do a lot of ones that haven't been done, well ever!

 

Well, I consider Contre nature quite a less popular song, considering she has never performed it on a stage before! :P But yes I get what you mean, all those songs from 1f&4t are new to everyone and I'm glad she chose them :in_love:

  • Like 2

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Interesting.... I wonder if it's a duet or Pink also recorded it?

 

Not sure how I'd feel about that...

 

Kev x

  • Like 2
Posted

I've just realised that they rather listened to the first half hahaha... and the bonus track :P

 

I hope they will someday bring Je lui dirai and Rien n'est vraiment fini... They're so beautiful too <3

 

I know it's not a tour topic but I think that EJTE has grown up to PQTME/SSDA level during live performance. Definitely the highlight of the tour

 

I totally felt that when I was at the concert in Paris. EJTE was a strong song then. Maybe because the story sung is close of her personal life now. :down:

But in any case it was a great addition cause the song is beautiful and deserves to be better known. :wub:

  • Like 1
Posted

'Recovering' is on the tracklist for P!nk's new album, she is listed here as the songwriter under her real/full name Alecia Moore

 

http://www.josepvina...h-studio-album/

 

I think they got it wrong. I don't see this duet happening. hahahah I'm a Pink fan but, in my opinion, it's just a list of the registered tracks.

  • Like 1
Posted
i dont think she wrote the song especial for Celine, maybe she had something already with the same them :hmm:

#FREEJAVITO

 

Posted (edited)

The lyrics ''I am recovering... the faith of a child'' sound so bland and formulaic to me. It is like one thought:

 

- How do I write a Celine song?

- Well give a generic, positive message.

- Ok.

- Then add something about motherhood, kids... family stuff.

- Got it.

- And definitely go for words like sky, love, light, faith, prayer to add some spirituality.

- Done!

 

As I said I like songs that are inspired by Celine, but not songs that are written to fit the style she is known for. I know it is too early to judge the song as a whole though.

Edited by LukeD
  • Like 6
Posted (edited)

I know it is too early to judge the song as a whole though.

 

This ;)

 

 

'Recovering' is on the tracklist for P!nk's new album, she is listed here as the songwriter under her real/full name Alecia Moore

 

http://www.josepvina...h-studio-album/

 

Just a list of registered tracks. Not a tracklist for her new album..

Edited by CSCfan
  • Like 1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» MATHIAS ««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPrxI0AIDY

Posted

The lyrics ''I am recovering... the faith of a child'' sound so bland and formulaic to me. It is like one thought:

 

- How do I write a Celine song?

- Well give a generic, positive message.

- Ok.

- Then add something about motherhood, kids... family stuff.

- Got it.

- And definitely go for words like sky, love, light, faith, prayer to add some spirituality.

- Done!

 

As I said I like songs that are inspired by Celine, but not songs that are written to fit the style she is known for. I know it is too early to judge the song as a whole though.

 

Ugh, I know. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt until I hear the full thing, but the little excerpt we heard so far sounds terribly formulaic. I was already turned off by the title - could there be anything more cliché? - and now the little bit she's been singing just sounds so bland and trite.

Here's hoping I'm proven wrong.

  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

After hearing C give a teaser of the same line of this song twice, I am not excited by it at all.

 

I kind of wish now that she didn't give us a teaser at all lol.

A bit like how when the guy sung "mhwgo" to her for the first time and it came across awful, and she wasn't at all sure about it!

 

I know, I know.... that it's only a few seconds and there is no instruments or production behind it, but I want this album to be a surprise and to be epic like the A new day has come album.

 

We know she recorded it last week, so it's good to know that the new album is now being worked on and no doubt this song will be a single, if not the first single from the album.

  • Like 1
Posted

While I agree with you.... The descriptions by her of the song sound promising!

 

Kev x

Posted

While I agree with you.... The descriptions by her of the song sound promising!

 

Kev x

yeah, but she also found A Song For You extraordinary, so you never know :D
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted

yeah, but she also found A Song For You extraordinary, so you never know :D

 

it was Rene...

  • Like 1
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...