Jump to content

The René Angélil legacy


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Ok I just tried to rip it and I can't but for anyone who WANTS to help me out here and try the program that does work with CTV is GetFLV. In order for it to fully download the whole file you must pay. And I would renew my subscription to the program but just I don't have the money right now so if anyone can rip it for me using that program I'd be grateful.

http://www.ctvnews.c...istId=1.2748872

 

I think it does work for people outside of Canada unlike CBC

 

Now I am super hungry and I need to relax after this stressful day. So I'm going to have some dinner I'll be back later on tonight and maybe try again to rip the file.

Edited by Kristinaz
Posted

Just got home after being at the funeral. Very sad but beautiful ceremony. Seeing Celine's pain up

close was absolutely heartbreaking. I pray that God gives her the strength to go on.

 

Must have been such sadness there.

 

I'm worried about her. She seemed fine in those paparazzi pics when boarding the plane in Vegas, then heartbroken at times but mostly with it and controlled yesterday. But today... she was just a shell of herself.

It's really unbelievable that she had to go through such pain in front of all these cameras. I wonder how she feels about that. Yesterday I felt she was getting energy from people, drawing strength from them. But today, I just felt like she would have preferred for this to be private.

Poor thing.

But I also know that because she chose to put herself through this so publicly, she will end up even more revered in Quebec...

  • Like 1
Posted

I can see Celine saying something along those lines. Rene was her soulmate. I'm a big believer in God only creating 1 person for you in the world. 2 people made for eachother.

 

Yeah. It saddens me to think that might be forever gone for her. They must have discussed it, and I'm sure Rene wouldn't want her to spend the rest of her life mourning him, but I just can't imagine her moving on at all.

She's going to be so lonely...

And it must be doubly hard if you make a living singing love songs.

 

I wonder how long before we see her laugh again. Really laugh.

  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I realize it was René's wishes to have this lavish funeral but I couldn't help think that something private might have been more appropriate. Idiots next to me taking selfies in Church. The world's gone mad!!

 

 

 

 

Must have been such sadness there.

 

I'm worried about her. She seemed fine in those paparazzi pics when boarding the plane in Vegas, then heartbroken at times but mostly with it and controlled yesterday. But today... she was just a shell of herself.

It's really unbelievable that she had to go through such pain in front of all these cameras. I wonder how she feels about that. Yesterday I felt she was getting energy from people, drawing strength from them. But today, I just felt like she would have preferred for this to be private.

Poor thing.

But I also know that because she chose to put herself through this so publicly, she will end up even more revered in Quebec...

Edited by celinefan1985
  • Like 3
Posted

I'm worried about her. She seemed fine in those paparazzi pics when boarding the plane in Vegas, then heartbroken at times but mostly with it and controlled yesterday. But today... she was just a shell of herself.

 

Grief is such a difficult experience. She is visibly drained, probably more exhausted than she's ever had to deal with, and still has responsibilities she wants to fulfill. The viewing yesterday is an example - she didn't have to spend seven hours there, no one would've thought less of her at all if she'd spent little time at the basilica. But that's Celine

 

The sadness will be up and down for her, I'm sure. Some moments she probably seems to be doing well, then others the strain is visible. Hopefully after today, and after the family puts her brother to rest too, she will give herself adequate time to recuperate. And whatever that is varies for everybody.

  • Like 3
Posted
Selfies?? Seriously?? I didn't take a selfie on opening weekend! They were probably young, crass and stupid. I need some cheerful, so I'm going to watch 3Boys and a New Show tonight.
  • Like 1
Posted
I've been watching some of Through the Eyes of the World, and I just saw the SSDA scene in Arras. That song means so much more now. And seeing Rene makes me a little happier. Now that he's gone it means something so much more different but I love seeing him happy.

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted (edited)

I realize it was René's wishes to have this lavish funeral but I couldn't help think that something private might have been more appropriate. Idiots next to me taking selfies in Church. The world's gone mad!!

considering they are so famous in Quebec and around the world and they have shared many life events with fans, this seemed natural and, of course, Celine was the center of attention. :wacko: Edited by infiniti
Celine ~
Posted

considering they are so famous in Quebec and around the world and they have shared many life events with fans, this seemed natural and, of course, Celine was the center of attention. :wacko:

 

Yeah, but I sense this was the one time in her life she really didn't want to be the center of attention.

 

Also - USA Today article has this:

"The casket was later taken to Montreal's Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery for a private graveside ceremony."

 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/01/22/celine-dion-says-goodbye-beloved-rene-poignant-funeral-he-planned/79187442/

  • Like 3
Posted
I really do hope that her extended family and friends spend the evening together. Thats what my family has always done when some passed. It was a great way to bring you back into the present after a draining couple of days alone with constant reminders of what you once had is no more and there will no longer be 'firsts' and 'lasts' already passed without you realizing it. There is a legacy and network of people that love on and are forever changed because of that person. Celine deserves to surround herself with those who love her and loved Rene as much as she did. Its very therapeutic and helps the grieving process, if not bring it closer the end. And Celine deserves that more than anything right now.
Posted

Yeah, but I sense this was the one time in her life she really didn't want to be the center of attention.

 

Also - USA Today article has this:

"The casket was later taken to Montreal's Notre-Dame-des-Neiges cemetery for a private graveside ceremony."

 

http://www.usatoday....anned/79187442/

Yes, I am sure, she did not want to be, but they shared their grief with fans too.
Celine ~
Posted

Unfortunately, I had to work today. So, I was not able to watch the funeral. I did, however, just finish reading everybody's posts and looking at photographs. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

 

Godspeed, Rene. Thank you for everything you gave this world, musically or otherwise.

Posted

Unfortunately, I had to work today. So, I was not able to watch the funeral. I did, however, just finish reading everybody's posts and looking at photographs. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

 

Godspeed, Rene. Thank you for everything you gave this world, musically or otherwise.

 

Ditto. The E! clip and listening to RC speak was touching.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/CelineSmiles/hamster.gif CLARiSSA Xxx...

"Music touches every sense. It can move you to tears, bring joy to your heart, stir sexual passion, evoke memories, and prompt physical responses of all kinds." -Benoît Jutras

Posted

 

 

Ditto. The E! clip and listening to RC speak was touching.

Unfortunately, I had to work today. So, I was not able to watch the funeral. I did, however, just finish reading everybody's posts and looking at photographs. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

 

Godspeed, Rene. Thank you for everything you gave this world, musically or otherwise.

 

CTV uploaded the full thing online. I posted it a few posts back

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
Tried again still no luck please guys anyone who can help please rip the funeral off CTV for those who couldn't see it. Again from my experience GetFLV (full version)works. I'm really sorry to everyone that I can't get it for you guys but right now I can't afford paying for the full program that rips it. Now I am going to lie down and watch some TV. Hopefully tomorrow we will have th full service available for download. If I can do anything else to help anyone willing to rip it feel free to message and I'll do what I can. Until tomorrow goodnight to all of you. Edited by Kristinaz
Posted (edited)

Anyone noticed Celine did their famous LV Ok after she put the flowers on the casket?

 

RYP9T2bU3ds Edited by infiniti
  • Like 2
Celine ~
Posted (edited)

I woke up with 3 heures 20 playing in my head :cry: The entrance was so very sad and yet beautiful. I don't think I'll ever forget it.

 

And when she was by the coffin, I realized it actually was 3:20 there, and that's when the lyrics really hit me. In 1984 she sang it as a teen age love song, about meeting the man she loved, no matter what. And now for the very last time, she met the love of her life, the man she had loved all these years. At Trois Heures Vingt.

 

Oh god, I'm going to cry again :cry1:

Edited by Modesta
  • Like 6
Posted
the comment everything on LCN...the meaning on the songs, the words etc, it is like a hockey game.

And that is why i had my ipad on with mute and the other link for viewing. No narrators the whole time and esspecially no french talking over the english parts

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

http://cdn-media.extratv.com/2016/01/22/celine-dion-funeral-3.jpg

 

:down:

Posted (edited)
Yestreday, it was such an emotional day, but I'm glad they gave us the opportunity to be present to the ceremony. Thank you all for staying together and giving strength to each other. May God bless Celine and her family. :down: Edited by giannislyber
  • Like 3
Lying-Down-lyrics.png

Posted (edited)

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/01/22/des-adieux-touchants-et-grandioses

 

Des adieux touchants et grandioses

 

http://storage.journaldemontreal.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/jdx-prod-images/42fe607e-e815-49d5-96bd-3cfb65ca0f4e_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&version=2&size=968x

Edited by comingback
  • Like 1
Posted

This was the first time i heard this song. It was so beautiful and touching to hear this song in the church. Celine sounds angelic. Very beautiful last choice.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

My first time too. :wub:

  • Like 6

highfive.jpg

Please support the forum by ordering through our Amazon.com referral link below.

Click here to go to the Amazon homepage.

Posted

The entrance was magical and haunting.

A very well chosen song, Mr Angélil; a usual.

  • Like 5
Posted

This was the first time i heard this song. It was so beautiful and touching to hear this song in the church. Celine sounds angelic. Very beautiful last choice.

 

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

 

And - as someone wrote somewhere and I didn't realize yesterday while watching - they really entered the church @ 3:20 ... GOSH!!!!

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...