flutefreak Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:06 AM Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:06 AM I'm totally fine with less costume changes if it means more music. Celine music not filler music in between when she's changing. 4 Quote
browseceline Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:34 AM Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:34 AM on AXS. com is written - Celine Dion, one of the most immediately recognized, widely respected and successful performers in pop music history, returns to resume her Las Vegas show, Celine on Thursday, August 27, 2015. Celine at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace is a glamorous show featuring Celine’s biggest hits directed by famed Grammy Awards producer Ken Ehrlich. I think all the covers are gone.. let's hope so;-) 5 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
JCeline85 Posted August 21, 2015 at 02:28 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 02:28 PM on AXS. com is written - Celine Dion, one of the most immediately recognized, widely respected and successful performers in pop music history, returns to resume her Las Vegas show, Celine on Thursday, August 27, 2015. Celine at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace is a glamorous show featuring Celine’s biggest hits directed by famed Grammy Awards producer Ken Ehrlich. I think all the covers are gone.. let's hope so;-) They said the same thing when the show premiered in 2011.. But let's hope there are more "hits" this time around for sure.. 1 Quote The Wait Is Over?
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 21, 2015 at 02:36 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 02:36 PM (edited) They said the same thing when the show premiered in 2011.. But let's hope there are more "hits" this time around for sure.. They didn't say the same thing at all.... They said Hollywood classics as I remember with some of her hits.... I remember how unimpressed we all were when the news broke This show seems to be centred around celine Kev x Edited August 21, 2015 at 02:44 PM by Peppercorn1991 6 Quote
Celinenvegas Posted August 21, 2015 at 04:20 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 04:20 PM Aren't hoodies between like 65-100$? I saw the price online once on some of those and I nearly fell out of the chair and my jaw dropped to the floor. I love Celine... But there's no way I can justify paying that much. I'm sorry, but it's ridiculousness! Lol I agree, I won't spend a crazy amount of money if it's just her name or pic slapped onto something for some exorbitant price. I'll buy some smaller things and maybe buy the program if it's updated since 2011. When AND opened I spend sooo much in the store, but they gave a TC discount and the items weren't ridiculously priced. When I went for the new show in 2011 everything was just priced so high - $10-15 for keychains and magnets - c'mon, really?? I hardly bought anything. 1 Quote ~J O E Y~
Celinenvegas Posted August 21, 2015 at 04:32 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 04:32 PM They didn't say the same thing at all.... They said Hollywood classics as I remember with some of her hits.... I remember how unimpressed we all were when the news broke This show seems to be centred around celine Kev x I think they were trying to make the show appealing to the average person because they knew the real fans would come no mater what, so that's why all the popular cover songs were used. Now we are hoping most will be replaced by her own songs that weren't used in the show, so we'll see what we get on the 27th. I hope they do keep Open Arms and At Seventeen - that one seems very personal to Celine and it's emotional when she performs it. Quote ~J O E Y~
mirage Posted August 21, 2015 at 04:44 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 04:44 PM I want updates...And a freaking amazing trailer longer than 20seconds...And a backstage picture... Now... 3 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 21, 2015 at 05:17 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 05:17 PM I think they were trying to make the show appealing to the average person because they knew the real fans would come no mater what, so that's why all the popular cover songs were used. Now we are hoping most will be replaced by her own songs that weren't used in the show, so we'll see what we get on the 27th. I hope they do keep Open Arms and At Seventeen - that one seems very personal to Celine and it's emotional when she performs it. Well at seventeen is on an album of hers now so there is more reason to perform it.... I didn't lIke I it much at first but I think people like to hear celine talk about insecurities she had about herself .... Not many performers do that and I think it only highlights just how normal she is Kev x Quote
mirage Posted August 21, 2015 at 05:53 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 05:53 PM I like At Seventeen... On a sunday when it rains lying on my couch with a blanket and a hot chocolate milk. Not in a show, to be honest songs that are written for her about her life or songs she relates to, are most of the times beautiful but really boring as hell... 4 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 21, 2015 at 06:14 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 06:14 PM (edited) Accidental post, please remove. Edited August 21, 2015 at 06:17 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 21, 2015 at 07:22 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 07:22 PM I like At Seventeen... On a sunday when it rains lying on my couch with a blanket and a hot chocolate milk. Not in a show, to be honest songs that are written for her about her life or songs she relates to, are most of the times beautiful but really boring as hell... My Love, Vole/Fly, A New Day Has Come....amazing. 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Ororo Munroe Posted August 21, 2015 at 07:31 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 07:31 PM http://www.journaldemontreal.com/weekend/celinedion The queen is back in her castle ! 4 Quote
Celinenvegas Posted August 21, 2015 at 07:46 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 07:46 PM My Love, Vole/Fly, A New Day Has Come....amazing. Yep, I totally agree - there has to be a balance & not every song can be thumpa thumpa - all the old people in the audience would run out! LOL Wow - "My Love" was AMAZING live on the TC tour - I cried every time!!! 1 Quote ~J O E Y~
nuts2you Posted August 21, 2015 at 08:18 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 08:18 PM http://m.axs.com/exclusive-5-questions-with-celine-dion-as-she-prepares-for-her-las-veg-57822 Not sure if this has been posted yet Quote
Angel2006 Posted August 21, 2015 at 09:18 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 09:18 PM on AXS. com is written - Celine Dion, one of the most immediately recognized, widely respected and successful performers in pop music history, returns to resume her Las Vegas show, Celine on Thursday, August 27, 2015. Celine at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace is a glamorous show featuring Celine’s biggest hits directed by famed Grammy Awards producer Ken Ehrlich. I think all the covers are gone.. let's hope so;-) I think this is just taken from a past information because it still lists Ken Ehrlich as the director of the show. Wasn't he let go and replaced by someone else? I might be wrong, but I think he was replaced by someone else and now he is directing Mariah Carey's Vegas show? 1 Quote
Popular Post Shamrock_1982 Posted August 21, 2015 at 09:31 PM Popular Post Posted August 21, 2015 at 09:31 PM Given the amazing props used by other colosseum performers of recent years, like huge inflatables, grand pianos and even a real horse... I hope that Celine has 1 ground breaking, jaw dropping segment of the revamped show, that will have the audience amazed, talking and will cement her status as the queen of Vegas and one of the greatest living legends of entertainment to see live! Not that she has anything to prove, but because she's a perfectionist and always wants to impress, and up her game. But either way, I'm just happy that she's back and that she's comfortable to come back on her own terms after all that shes been through. What an amazing icon, to be a fan of 8 Quote
Popular Post Shaun Posted August 21, 2015 at 09:44 PM Popular Post Posted August 21, 2015 at 09:44 PM http://www.journalde...kend/celinedion The queen is back in her castle ! And here's a translation END OF A YEAR OF SILENCE By finding the spotlight at the Colosseum at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on Thursday night, Celine Dion will end a year of silence. A professional 12 month break during which the diva remained omnipresent in the media around the world for very personal reasons. Confirmed in a press release dated August 13th 2014, Celine Dion caused a shock wave in Quebec. The singer was suspending her residence in Las Vegas and was cancelling her Asian tour to take care of her husband and longtime manager Rene Angelil, treated in December 2013 for a cancerous tumour. Since then, the star has remained discreet. The result: it's become an event in the international press. In her first interview to ABC last spring on March 24, an extra from the head to head with journalist Deborah Robert quickly circled the globe. She recounted with emotion how she deals with feeding her partner, aged 73, three times a day because of his treatment. "We take life day to day" she said holding back tears. The next day, before millions of viewers on Good Morning America, Celine Dion confirmed her return to the stage but also recalled how she had learned of the return of cancer to Rene Angelil who had been treated for the same disease in 1999. "I walked into my dressing room and I saw him. He looked devasted and in shock. I said to him: "What's happening?" and he said: "The doctor just called me again and I have cancer." My heart started beating faster but my body started to cripple." I said "I will go do my makeup, I'm going to sing and I'll forget what I feel for now." I continued, I sang, but reality caught up with us. Rene could not speak, he could not swallow. The surgery was major." A few days later, Celine's People interview also received big media coverage. In the April 6 issue of the magazine, the superstar revealed she had stopped giving her shows to be "only a wife and a mother." But after a few months, Rene Angelil wanted to see her back on stage. How does Celine see her reunion with the stage? "Rene will be in the room" she said to People. "I promise there will be high and joyous notes, but it will be very emotional for me. Music is my passion....and family is my life." The whole planet knows that Celine returns home to Nevada this week, but the show's content is a mystery. Indeed, very few details have filtered through about this new adventure. In an interview to the magazine Taste of Life earlier this month, the star revealed some small details about the new production. "It's as if everything was new," she said, mentioning in passing a new direction and a new musical director called Scott Price, who succeeded Claude "Mego" Lemay after 28 years of loyal service. According to the magazine the last year has allowed Celine to return "stronger than ever." Despite his fight against cancer, Rene Angelil continues to be involved in the artistic direction of the show. Back in Las Vegas after spending some time in Boston in early summer to accompany her husband during his treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital, Celine Dion briefly took to the stage in mid June to join her friend Andrea Bocelli at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in the Power of Love Gala. During the benefit evening, the duo performed the balled The Prayer. This rare public appearance came just weeks after another at the Billboard Music Awards which reunited Celine and her faithful stylist Annie Horth. Celine Dion belies the adage "out of sight, out of heart" during the past year. The diva has had precious little news to give her fans but they have never slowed their passions launching all sorts of internet initiatives to celebrate Celine during her sabatical. It is very likely they will offer her a hero's welcome when the curtain rises at the Colosseum in a few days. 8 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 21, 2015 at 10:40 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 10:40 PM I guess it's the calm before the storm eh? On a side note.... Does anyone else think a new topic should be started now? The title doesn't really fit? Kev x Quote
CelineDionForeverNY Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:02 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:02 PM I think this is just taken from a past information because it still lists Ken Ehrlich as the director of the show. Wasn't he let go and replaced by someone else? I might be wrong, but I think he was replaced by someone else and now he is directing Mariah Carey's Vegas show? Nope, I think he still is the director of the show. His name is still on all the promo posters for the show. 1 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
Nmj Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:33 PM Posted August 21, 2015 at 11:33 PM Given the amazing props used by other colosseum performers of recent years, like huge inflatables, grand pianos and even a real horse... I hope that Celine has 1 ground breaking, jaw dropping segment of the revamped show, that will have the audience amazed, talking and will cement her status as the queen of Vegas and one of the greatest living legends of entertainment to see live! Not that she has anything to prove, but because she's a perfectionist and always wants to impress, and up her game. But either way, I'm just happy that she's back and that she's comfortable to come back on her own terms after all that shes been through. What an amazing icon, to be a fan of Unfortunately her grand moment is the water affect in MHWGO, to me it's always been tacky and lacks "oumf" Vegas should be Over the top, lik A NEW DAY was. Like Shania Twains show was. 4 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 22, 2015 at 12:20 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 12:20 AM Unfortunately her grand moment is the water affect in MHWGO, to me it's always been tacky and lacks "oumf" Vegas should be Over the top, lik A NEW DAY was. Like Shania Twains show was. While I would love to see something like AND... I don't think it's gonna happen. I think she's kinda tired of that kinda show with AND and the TCWT. I thinks she just wants a very simplistic show. I hope they keep the water screens though... They're unique and no one else in the Colosseum uses it! They should use it more... Like for WAAF. She could stand in front of it! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Ororo Munroe Posted August 22, 2015 at 12:57 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 12:57 AM So much mystery about this coming back, for the time, we know nothing. 3 Quote
Angel2006 Posted August 22, 2015 at 02:38 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 02:38 AM Nope, I think he still is the director of the show. His name is still on all the promo posters for the show. Oh. I think I just got Ken Ehrlich mixed up with Scott Price. My bad. LOL. So many changes lately it's hard to keep track. 2 Quote
echosthruthenight Posted August 22, 2015 at 05:37 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 05:37 AM (edited) Hey guys. So I went to ceasars again today to exchange my e-tickets for hard tickets (which they don't do by the way) and afterwards I went to the store to inquire about New merchandise. Specifically a new show book. I was told that if anything there would be new shirts but because this is not a new show there will be no new book. He said she changed the songs but the show is still the same. So I hope that helps for those who wanted to know. Edited August 22, 2015 at 05:39 AM by echosthruthenight 6 Quote
Davey84 Posted August 22, 2015 at 06:05 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 06:05 AM (edited) I doubt there won't be a new show program tho...They can't have one still with Mego, André, JS, Yves and Marc in it! Maybe they kept the silver one, but changed the musicians pages? Edited August 22, 2015 at 06:05 AM by Davey84 2 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Angel2006 Posted August 22, 2015 at 06:39 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 06:39 AM I agree. I really think they would need to make a new show program, not just because there will be a whole new band now, but also because there will be a whole new set of songs, outfits, and visuals in the show. I don't think they are going to have any other choice but to make a new program. I am so excited to see all the changes that are going to be made. I can't believe it's only 5 days until opening night now! Maybe we will get a new countdown pic today from Team Celine. I have been loving the pics they have chosen so far! Quote
echosthruthenight Posted August 22, 2015 at 06:55 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 06:55 AM (edited) I agree. I really think they would need to make a new show program, not just because there will be a whole new band now, but also because there will be a whole new set of songs, outfits, and visuals in the show. I don't think they are going to have any other choice but to make a new program. I am so excited to see all the changes that are going to be made. I can't believe it's only 5 days until opening night now! Maybe we will get a new countdown pic today from Team Celine. I have been loving the pics they have chosen so far! That's basically what I said to this guy. Here's what I am thinking, I noticed that a new day had 3 show books. The show Céline only has two. So, I think maybe in a few months, or possibly the next run, a new one would come out. With that said, I did only inquire about a new book by/on opening night. So maybe we just have to wait? Not sure, just passing on What was shared with me. P.S. my money for lunch next week totally went to a fabulous céline coffee cup. Fine with me, I can totally function on two meals and a lot of caffeine! Edited August 22, 2015 at 07:00 AM by echosthruthenight 5 Quote
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 22, 2015 at 08:31 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 08:31 AM I guess they will need to take pictures of the new show before a new booklet can come out... Didn't the first have pictures of TCWT? Kev x Quote
mirage Posted August 22, 2015 at 08:41 AM Posted August 22, 2015 at 08:41 AM Nope it had pics from the dress rehearsals... 4 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.