Unisono Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:30 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:30 AM Finally, my Japanese edition of LMBTL arrived. And I think that OA surprisingly fits the album more than O, AS, HDYKTMP or L... It's great! I love the live version, it's very different and very magical but this one has something too. It's the only cover I think she could keep. But adding a new feeling to it, changing to more uptempo in the middle just like the studio version. I really love its faster pace and the positive feeling. I wish it was true. But I don't have much hope. I'll be extremely surprised if we get even ONE song that has never been performed... Yeah, me too. You can add The Prayer to the list too I think that all of them have a very big possibility to be included... I wouldn't mind TLYM nor IA though. I wish we had this one live performance of YAI. It must have been recorded... I wish she would do it. But highly doubt it. I don't understand it either. Maybe Darren could ask this in his future interviews? (I count for more to come!) Also, maybe (if it's not included) we could flood Team Celine on twitter asking why. I'm really surprised that she has never been asked about such things in her interviews.. Always the same old story bla bla bla There has to be some issue around it as she did it a few times during her comeback in 2002 and especially during WCD it sounded AMAZING. It's weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. The studio version of Open Arms is epic! Although it seems like she recorded the standard version and then they created a new arrangement. (This is what we wait for when a new show opens... new arrangments!!!!). I really hope Open Arms stays in the show (it was an over-the-top opening)... TTWII is way better than IA and she should sing it again. Even Live For The One I Love would fit well in the show (maybe was better for AND). If she sings Then You Look At Me I could die. She sings it and then MHWGO. I Want You To Need Me could be part of a medley with NBBMH, IYAM, NPO, BYLM (a Diane Warren medley) that end with a slightly edited version of Unfinished Songs (it has the same potential of I'm Alive). Plus Call The Man, The Power Of The Dream, In Some Small Way, In His Touch (her and the piano). Somebody Loves Somebody.... With a full orchestra I think Where Is The Love would be great. Ok... a 4 hours long show should be enough... 3 Quote
stevo Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:59 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:59 AM The only thing about Celine's OA is that it's way too short 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM Because you loved me defiantly needs new arrangements 1 Quote
Unisono Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM The only thing about Celine's OA is that it's way too short Right. I hate when songs are too short. Quote
Unisono Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:40 AM Because you loved me defiantly needs new arrangements She also needs to change the way she sings it (too whispers now... sorry can't explain it correctly). 1 Quote
stevo Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM I think we just have to be cautiously excited about the 'new show'- because really it is just the same show with a few different songs. We shouldn't expect too much. I just want to see her happy, energetic and pumped on stage- not robotic with RDMH and LCMM...I want to hear and see her SING- being artistic and powerful. Time will tell!! 7 Quote
Julian Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:55 AM Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:55 AM I think we just have to be cautiously excited about the 'new show'- because really it is just the same show with a few different songs. We shouldn't expect too much. I just want to see her happy, energetic and pumped on stage- not robotic with RDMH and LCMM...I want to hear and see her SING- being artistic and powerful. Time will tell!!Well said Stevo 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 16, 2015 at 12:25 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 12:25 PM (edited) She also needs to change the way she sings it (too whispers now... sorry can't explain it correctly). I get u absolutely right ,she's been too lazy all these years to find a new way to sing it ,I don't even mind if she sang the version of that American idol guy the gay one ,I don't remember his name ,but it's a nice cover that he did.sorry loool Edited August 16, 2015 at 12:31 PM by artistman2007 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 16, 2015 at 01:32 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 01:32 PM I get u absolutely right ,she's been too lazy all these years to find a new way to sing it ,I don't even mind if she sang the version of that American idol guy the gay one ,I don't remember his name ,but it's a nice cover that he did.sorry loool Clay Aiken's version is nauseous making. 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Unisono Posted August 16, 2015 at 01:58 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 01:58 PM I get u absolutely right ,she's been too lazy all these years to find a new way to sing it ,I don't even mind if she sang the version of that American idol guy the gay one ,I don't remember his name ,but it's a nice cover that he did.sorry loool I like Clay's version. 1 Quote
Timster Posted August 16, 2015 at 02:08 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 02:08 PM It's been a while since I've posted here but I have been reading everything. It's nice to see to see the interest in 'You And I'. While it is a favourite of mine, I still think it would have worked better in TCWT, as a second or third song, as for me it feels like an uplifting 'Destin' kind of song. However, if they replaced LCMM/RDMH with an up-tempo medley at the end of the show, I would LOVE to see: Unison / I'm Alive / You And I / That's The Way It Is One thing I wish for is that all of Celine's songs are performed in full. I am tired of everything being shortened since the start of AND. 7 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted August 16, 2015 at 07:14 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 07:14 PM Ok here is the deal...and this opinion is just for River Deep not the entire show..if they are going to keep River Deep Mountain High in the show for the first finale they need to change it up from its current production. They need it similar to the style of A New Day but even bigger and bolder. They need to bring in more lights of all kinds..moving lights, light beams, more lasers, swirling lights, more rock n roll to the song. Celine does her part perfectly but everything around her needs to be amped up more. A good example is the Red Storm interlude at Shanias show. Those lights and effects were killer! They should add something like that to River Deep Mountain High to make it just a jaw dropping first finale IF they are going to keep it in the show. Now I know the show is supposed to be more elegant and classy, but something like that would give it the new fresh and exciting spark it needs. Only a suggestion 3 Quote
ryba Posted August 16, 2015 at 07:28 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 07:28 PM Ok here is the deal...and this opinion is just for River Deep not the entire show..if they are going to keep River Deep Mountain High in the show for the first finale they need to change it up from its current production. They need it similar to the style of A New Day but even bigger and bolder. They need to bring in more lights of all kinds..moving lights, light beams, more lasers, swirling lights, more rock n roll to the song. Celine does her part perfectly but everything around her needs to be amped up more. A good example is the Red Storm interlude at Shanias show. Those lights and effects were killer! They should add something like that to River Deep Mountain High to make it just a jaw dropping first finale IF they are going to keep it in the show. Now I know the show is supposed to be more elegant and classy, but something like that would give it the new fresh and exciting spark it needs. Only a suggestionI agree. The orchestra version the've been playing since 2011 is just lame 1 Quote
celine4evauk Posted August 16, 2015 at 07:59 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 07:59 PM Ok here is the deal...and this opinion is just for River Deep not the entire show..if they are going to keep River Deep Mountain High in the show for the first finale they need to change it up from its current production. They need it similar to the style of A New Day but even bigger and bolder. They need to bring in more lights of all kinds..moving lights, light beams, more lasers, swirling lights, more rock n roll to the song. Celine does her part perfectly but everything around her needs to be amped up more. A good example is the Red Storm interlude at Shanias show. Those lights and effects were killer! They should add something like that to River Deep Mountain High to make it just a jaw dropping first finale IF they are going to keep it in the show. Now I know the show is supposed to be more elegant and classy, but something like that would give it the new fresh and exciting spark it needs. Only a suggestion And she needs to wear something different for it too. Been wearing similar dresses since it was added to AND back in 2005/2006,whenever it was lol 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 16, 2015 at 08:06 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 08:06 PM And she needs to wear something different for it too. Been wearing similar dresses since it was added to AND back in 2005/2006,whenever it was lol couldn't agree more Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 16, 2015 at 08:07 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 08:07 PM We want it rock and roll forget about the orchestraaaaa 2 Quote
Popular Post brendanm999 Posted August 16, 2015 at 08:42 PM Popular Post Posted August 16, 2015 at 08:42 PM I just wanted to let you all know that I will be attending the August 27th show and likely the 29th as well, and that I am going to try to film the entire concert on a GoPro and get audio from a separate recorder. The full concert(s) should be uploaded by September 1st if all goes well 11 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:23 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:23 PM I just wanted to let you all know that I will be attending the August 27th show and likely the 29th as well, and that I am going to try to film the entire concert on a GoPro and get audio from a separate recorder. The full concert(s) should be uploaded by September 1st if all goes well How will you be able to use a GoPro the whole time? Lol but yay! Thanks! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Davey84 Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:43 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 09:43 PM (edited) Apparently here's a still from the video message for Julie! She looks great! (Or is that just the filter ) Thnx to fabricee-clinedion on Facebook Edited August 16, 2015 at 09:43 PM by Davey84 5 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:13 PM (edited) Why are we even mentioning Snyder on this particular topic?!! She has nothing at all to do with this comeback or this topic!!! I think moderators need to be more on the ball with stuff like this! Edited August 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM by Shamrock_1982 Quote
Angel2006 Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:29 PM This is the first official pic of Celine before her comeback so even though it is about Julie Snyder, I think it still relates to this topic. Quote
ehild Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM What celbs do you all see coming to the show on Opening night,?I have no clue! I hope to see some. I heard somewhere that Rosie tweeted she'll be there. Can't confirm that but it would be exciting. She does tend to attract a lot of big names. I just got word earlier today from one of the musicians in the orchestra that the orchestra has not rehearsed yet, but they are going to start rehearsals next week. Seems like a very short time to rehearse since the show is about to start extremely soon. I would have thought the orchestra would have been rehearsing way before next week if many changes were going to happen. Still anything can happen and very little information is confirmed or known about what or how much change will be incorporated into the show.Also interesting that there has been no information in any form on the new band members for Celine. No names, no background, no press release, Hopefully that information will come out soon as well!They may have extended rehearsals. Besides Rod has the theater until tonight when his run ends. Plus I think they're only changing so much of the show....so may not be that much more to rehearse. Also, I have a feeling it may just be her and the orchestra. Maybe some will have dual roles...for example if they're not needed for one song they may play a guitar, etc? I have no clue what they'll do. I expect Scott may bring some ppl in and rotate ppl out occasionally. I don't think Celine herself will hire and pay another band. Even the orchestra is paid by a separate company. We shall see.... Oh god. I am so excited that when I think about the show I feel a bit sick. Like heart palpitations and tummy flipping over. What if I actually *faint* at the show??? And miss the whole thing??? That would be awful. Maybe I should take a Valium before I goI know the feeling. The wait is killing me! Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
nuts2you Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:09 PM Posted August 16, 2015 at 11:09 PM I have a feeling this week we will be seeing lots of celine around , Via Interviews on TV , Mag, ext.. 3 Quote
Angel2006 Posted August 17, 2015 at 04:11 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 04:11 AM Apparently here's a still from the video message for Julie! She looks great! (Or is that just the filter ) Thnx to fabricee-clinedion on Facebook I hope we get to see the video message. Thank you for posting the pic. 2 Quote
smash Posted August 17, 2015 at 09:30 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 09:30 AM Oh god. I am so excited that when I think about the show I feel a bit sick. Like heart palpitations and tummy flipping over. What if I actually *faint* at the show??? And miss the whole thing??? That would be awful. Maybe I should take a Valium before I goYou know, what is that stuff that they hold under your nose when you feel like you're going to pass out.... It brings you to your senses straight away, you come right immediately. So if you feel like you're going to "faint", take a couple of sniffs, and so you carry on throughout the show, ha ha ha!!!!! Smelling salts, isn't that what it's called? Sharon 4 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM Yes I agree with revamping RDMH. Also I wish she wouldn't "twirl" the mic stand. To me it just looks like she is in a talent show. 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ryba Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:14 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:14 AM Yes I agree with revamping RDMH. Also I wish she wouldn't "twirl" the mic stand. To me it just looks like she is in a talent show.For me, RDMH was definitely one of the highlights in the AND show. The performance was hot, sexy with a great choreography and was thaus a real highlight. But in this current show it makes me want to skip the song haha 4 Quote
ehild Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Yes I agree with revamping RDMH. Also I wish she wouldn't "twirl" the mic stand. To me it just looks like she is in a talent show.For me, RDMH was definitely one of the highlights in the AND show. The performance was hot, sexy with a great choreography and was thaus a real highlight. But in this current show it makes me want to skip the song hahaI think it worked for TC tour...with all the dancers and on the platform, etc. It was one of my favorite moments and I thought looked awesome then. But for Vegas it does come across quite differently. For that stage something AND era or even from USF would work. 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
CelineDionFreak Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM I think it worked for TC tour...with all the dancers and on the platform, etc. It was one of my favorite moments and I thought looked awesome then. But for Vegas it does come across quite differently. For that stage something AND era or even from USF would work.Speaking of USF and RDMH, I seriously view that as one of her best performances of the song. It was just really good and it wasn't the robotic version we've come to be used to! I hope she brings us more performances like that! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:19 AM Yes I agree with revamping RDMH. Also I wish she wouldn't "twirl" the mic stand. To me it just looks like she is in a talent show."hey look boys and girls, I can twirl the baton!" but I seriously get what you mean! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.