celinemaniac07 Posted August 11, 2015 at 06:35 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 06:35 PM Does anyone know if the project regarding getting the audience to sing to Celine has made any progress? 2 Quote
chocolatechip15 Posted August 11, 2015 at 06:39 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 06:39 PM I can't believe I leave for Vegas 2 weeks tomorrow. Sooooo excited. We expect detailed reviews for those of us stuck at home! Have a great time! 4 Quote
powerofamor17 Posted August 11, 2015 at 07:11 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 07:11 PM We expect detailed reviews for those of us stuck at home! Have a great time!Right, a full article about opening night is very much expected. lol 2 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 11, 2015 at 07:14 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 07:14 PM (edited) I got a feeling she will go into the crowd at the end to Rene. Interested to see what all these rumoured surprises Mia has mentioned about the show! Edited August 11, 2015 at 07:17 PM by Shamrock_1982 5 Quote
ryba Posted August 11, 2015 at 07:24 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 07:24 PM I hope they will make more than just 30-40% changes. Let's say 70-80% 3 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 11, 2015 at 08:07 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 08:07 PM Do you guys think there will be a new program this time around,? They need to update it, with pictures and BAND Members 1 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted August 11, 2015 at 09:30 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 09:30 PM (edited) I just spoke to a friend who works at the Colosseum/Caesars and they told me that the setlist is still being arranged,tweaked and it is not finalized yet. They said certain songs could still be taken out and other ones put in at this point. They also said there is an energy that is building with Celine's return and everyone is incredibly excited that she will be back in a few weeks. I asked if they knew any specifics about songs and they said they did not know yet, but there is quite a bit to put together in the next two weeks regarding the new production to the show. Edited August 11, 2015 at 09:30 PM by celinemaniac07 6 Quote
tonybower Posted August 11, 2015 at 09:45 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 09:45 PM Do you guys think there will be a new program this time around,? They need to update it, with pictures and BAND MembersYikes! I forgot about new band members! I just spoke to a friend who works at the Colosseum/Caesars and they told me that the setlist is still being arranged,tweaked and it is not finalized yet. They said certain songs could still be taken out and other ones put in at this point. They also said there is an energy that is building with Celine's return and everyone is incredibly excited that she will be back in a few weeks. I asked if they knew any specifics about songs and they said they did not know yet, but there is quite a bit to put together in the next two weeks regarding the new production to the show. Two weeks? I really hope the show is ready in time! Regardless, I'm so excited to be part of opening night! 5 Quote iPod Most Played List The Power Of Love (several versions) - Céline DionThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta FlackSi dieu existe - Céline Dion & Claude DuBoisFrankenstein - Antony & the JohnsonsIn Some Small Way - Céline DionBird Gerhl - Antony & the JohnsonsLe blues du businessman - Céline Dion Ne rien savoir de Lol était la connaître déjà.
stevo Posted August 11, 2015 at 09:48 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 09:48 PM (edited) Bring me back some Celine socks please, Shaun Edited August 11, 2015 at 09:48 PM by stevo Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM I just spoke to a friend who works at the Colosseum/Caesars and they told me that the setlist is still being arranged,tweaked and it is not finalized yet. They said certain songs could still be taken out and other ones put in at this point. They also said there is an energy that is building with Celine's return and everyone is incredibly excited that she will be back in a few weeks. I asked if they knew any specifics about songs and they said they did not know yet, but there is quite a bit to put together in the next two weeks regarding the new production to the show.Oh ok! Can't wait to see what the show will be! It'll be amazing, I'm sure! Just can't wait!!! 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Shaun Posted August 11, 2015 at 10:33 PM Posted August 11, 2015 at 10:33 PM Bring me back some Celine socks please, Shaun Sorted! Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
scielle Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:13 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:13 AM I suspect the revamped show will be somewhat smaller in scale than the last iteration. After all, Caesars did file for bankruptcy protection a few months ago so I imagine there are all sorts of cuts being made as a result of the reorg. As successful as Celine's show has been by all accounts, I'm sure it's not immune. It's probably a "leaner and meaner" operation all around. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:20 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:20 AM I suspect the revamped show will be somewhat smaller in scale than the last iteration. After all, Caesars did file for bankruptcy protection a few months ago so I imagine there are all sorts of cuts being made as a result of the reorg. As successful as Celine's show has been by all accounts, I'm sure it's not immune. It's probably a "leaner and meaner" operation all around. Caesars doesn't fund the show, AEG Live does. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
québecflower Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:39 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:39 AM I suspect the revamped show will be somewhat smaller in scale than the last iteration. After all, Caesars did file for bankruptcy protection a few months ago so I imagine there are all sorts of cuts being made as a result of the reorg. As successful as Celine's show has been by all accounts, I'm sure it's not immune. It's probably a "leaner and meaner" operation all around.i think they will go all in....since they don't know aat all what tomorrow can bring. René wants her to succeed 2 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
scielle Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:41 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:41 AM Caesars doesn't fund the show, AEG Live does. I doubt AEG puts up 100% - do they?If this is anything like the Cirque contracts, the venue partner (in Cirque's case MGM) puts up 50% of production costs and shares 50/50 in profits & losses. I'd be surprised if Caesar's didn't have some skin in the game. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:49 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:49 AM I doubt AEG puts up 100% - do they?If this is anything like the Cirque contracts, the venue partner (in Cirque's case MGM) puts up 50% of production costs and shares 50/50 in profits & losses. I'd be surprised if Caesar's didn't have some skin in the game. They built a $90 Million venue. I would think that was enough lol Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Angel2006 Posted August 12, 2015 at 05:21 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 05:21 AM I just spoke to a friend who works at the Colosseum/Caesars and they told me that the setlist is still being arranged,tweaked and it is not finalized yet. They said certain songs could still be taken out and other ones put in at this point. They also said there is an energy that is building with Celine's return and everyone is incredibly excited that she will be back in a few weeks. I asked if they knew any specifics about songs and they said they did not know yet, but there is quite a bit to put together in the next two weeks regarding the new production to the show. Thanks for the info. I am pretty surprised to be reading that they are still tweaking the setlist. They better get cracking, there's only 2 weeks away from opening night. You think they would have a setlist locked in by now. That doesn't give hardly any time to have proper rehearsals for the show. I have 100% faith in Celine that she will be ready enough for the show, but I can't say that I'm not a little worried about the amount of time Celine and her team have to put this whole production together. Celine must be getting pretty nervous and excited at how close it's getting til opening night! 2 weeks will be here before we know it. I'm getting excited! Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 12, 2015 at 07:17 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 07:17 AM Shaun a live Twitter update and pictures of fans/celebs arriving at the colosseum and reactions after the show lmao 2 Quote
celine4evauk Posted August 12, 2015 at 08:58 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 08:58 AM Thanks for the info. I am pretty surprised to be reading that they are still tweaking the setlist. They better get cracking, there's only 2 weeks away from opening night. You think they would have a setlist locked in by now. That doesn't give hardly any time to have proper rehearsals for the show. I have 100% faith in Celine that she will be ready enough for the show, but I can't say that I'm not a little worried about the amount of time Celine and her team have to put this whole production together. Celine must be getting pretty nervous and excited at how close it's getting til opening night! 2 weeks will be here before we know it. I'm getting excited! Celine's vegas shows have never been sorted 2 weeks before they open. It's always gone to the wire,opening night feeling they're not ready. But they've always gone well. Celine thrives on stuff like this. The next 2 weeks are going to go sooooooooooo slowly 😅 4 Quote
AllaneZ Posted August 12, 2015 at 09:12 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 09:12 AM Can't wait for the premiere night!! 2 Quote
smash Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM Posted August 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM Can someone pleeeeze film a bootleg on a cellphone, of the BEGINNING of the show on opening night. I and I'm sure many other fans would absolutely love to see all the happiness and emotions. Please, the rest of us that can't be there, would appreciate it so much..... Thank you. Sharon 6 Quote
A new day... Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:41 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 03:41 PM Can't wait to see Celine finally going back on stage. It's only been a year but it feels like an eternity! 2 Quote
ryba Posted August 12, 2015 at 04:32 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 04:32 PM You can also film and record each song haha many of us would really appreciate it! Quote
ImAliveUK Posted August 12, 2015 at 04:54 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 04:54 PM (edited) I'm going! Flying out on the day (well, working my way to Vegas!) see you on the 27th! 😃✈️🇬🇧 Edited August 12, 2015 at 05:00 PM by ImAliveUK 4 Quote
Shaun Posted August 12, 2015 at 05:08 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 05:08 PM The new episode of The Celine Dion Podcast is out now! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/ShaunBrown129/Ep14_zpsxgj73jxr.jpg Join us on episode 14 of the show as we prepare for Celine's return to her show in Las Vegas on August 27th. We celebrate Celine's time in Las Vegas so far as we revisit both the "A New Day..." and "Celine" shows and also a few special Las Vegas performances elsewhere as well. As always we also bring you all the Celine Dion news from the past month or so including brand new interview clips. We've also packed lots of archive interviews into the show this month too as we hear Celine reflect on her decision to go to Las Vegas to do "A New Day..." and her thoughts on returning to The Colosseum in 2011. I hope you enjoy the show. As always it can be listened to and downloaded (along with all other episodes) at http://www.soundclou...ne-dion-podcast 2 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Del Posted August 12, 2015 at 05:25 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 05:25 PM Celine's vegas shows have never been sorted 2 weeks before they open. It's always gone to the wire,opening night feeling they're not ready. But they've always gone well. Celine thrives on stuff like this. The next 2 weeks are going to go sooooooooooo slowly I'd say last minute changes here and there are the norm for all shows. 3 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
CelineDionFreak Posted August 12, 2015 at 06:07 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 06:07 PM (edited) 15 days to Vegas! Can't wait to see what they've come up with!! Edited August 12, 2015 at 06:09 PM by CelineDionFreak 6 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
BartFCS Posted August 12, 2015 at 06:56 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 06:56 PM I'm going! Flying out on the day (well, working my way to Vegas!) see you on the 27th! ✈️You'll be exhausted!!! In 2006 I flew from Dublin straight to the Colosseum and felt as if someone had hit my head. That was my first time seeing Celine live. I couldn't feel all that excitement. Luckily I went again few days later to the 500th show. Anyway, you must be used to this so I'm sure you'll have a blast Have a great one! Quote
celine4evauk Posted August 12, 2015 at 07:38 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 07:38 PM You'll be exhausted!!! In 2006 I flew from Dublin straight to the Colosseum and felt as if someone had hit my head. That was my first time seeing Celine live. I couldn't feel all that excitement. Luckily I went again few days later to the 500th show. Anyway, you must be used to this so I'm sure you'll have a blast Have a great one! Lol when I went in 2006 I left for airport at 5am,flew direct to lv,got there at 14.30 (22.30 uk time). Went to see Toni Braxton show that evening, and went to bed at 22.30 that night (6am uk time). Was up for 26 hours 😬 3 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 12, 2015 at 07:49 PM Posted August 12, 2015 at 07:49 PM I did the same flight and went straight to see celines show the same night, in 2007. I think the adrenalin and excitement takes over and you can't even think of going to bed, 1 or 2 energy drinks from Walgreens do help though 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.