DionFanAlways Posted August 7, 2015 at 09:15 PM Posted August 7, 2015 at 09:15 PM (edited) I've been thinking about the promo and hype for this return and it does sound very quiet. This woman has lost her soapbox and the soapbox was Oprah!How many people of Celine's demographics watch ET and those little off shoot shows? Like her doing the Dr. Oz show for promo of LMBTL??????GMA, TODAY yes but without Oprah.......... Edited August 7, 2015 at 09:19 PM by DionFanAlways 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted August 8, 2015 at 12:45 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 12:45 AM (edited) I've been thinking about the promo and hype for this return and it does sound very quiet. This woman has lost her soapbox and the soapbox was Oprah!How many people of Celine's demographics watch ET and those little off shoot shows? Like her doing the Dr. Oz show for promo of LMBTL??????GMA, TODAY yes but without Oprah..........That's true. Oprah... As much as I didn't agree with what she says sometimes, I did LOVE hers and Celine's interviews. They just clicked- and I think that made her such a favorite for Celine. As for Dr. Oz... I didn't get that. I understand he wanted her to talk about IVF... But it's been a while since she's had kids... So I wonder whether or not that was beneficial, you know? Edited August 8, 2015 at 12:47 AM by CelineDionFreak 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Nmj Posted August 8, 2015 at 02:21 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 02:21 AM (edited) That's true. Oprah... As much as I didn't agree with what she says sometimes, I did LOVE hers and Celine's interviews. They just clicked- and I think that made her such a favorite for Celine. As for Dr. Oz... I didn't get that. I understand he wanted her to talk about IVF... But it's been a while since she's had kids... So I wonder whether or not that was beneficial, you know? I really believe that Celine does "the doctor Oz" show and even "Rachael Ray" because both of them shows are produced by HARPO ( which by the way if you spell backwards says OPRAH) is owned by Oprah. If OPRAH WINFREY or her team asks you to be on their show, you better GO! Edited August 8, 2015 at 02:22 AM by Nmj Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 8, 2015 at 02:50 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 02:50 AM I really believe that Celine does "the doctor Oz" show and even "Rachael Ray" because both of them shows are produced by HARPO ( which by the way if you spell backwards says OPRAH) is owned by Oprah. If OPRAH WINFREY or her team asks you to be on their show, you better GO!Oh that's true... I guess thats why. But I still want a special on OWN!!! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
smw Posted August 8, 2015 at 04:39 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 04:39 AM Losing the Oprah platform was a tremendous loss for Celine. I knew her team was going to have to find out different, clever ways to promote Celine's projects once Oprah ended her show back in 2011. But I had no idea her team would just sort of... Not do anything. Oprah + Celine = Magic. It was the perfect way for Celine to introduce a new project. (By the way, I sadly don't get the Oprah Winfrey Network and I'm still experiencing Oprah withdrawal! I read her O Magazine but it's NOT ENOUGH! ) 3 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 8, 2015 at 04:41 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 04:41 AM (edited) That's true. Oprah... As much as I didn't agree with what she says sometimes, I did LOVE hers and Celine's interviews. They just clicked- and I think that made her such a favorite for Celine. As for Dr. Oz... I didn't get that. I understand he wanted her to talk about IVF... But it's been a while since she's had kids... So I wonder whether or not that was beneficial, you know? Anyone speaking out on a topic that can produce positive results and reaching out to people who may be ashamed of having to go through, or who may be ignorant and should be educated before forming an opinion is the best way to bring awareness. Celine using her celebrity to speak out on IVF (Dr. Oz, People Magazine) will always be beneficial because she went through it multiple times with only 2 resulting pregnancies. Regardless of how long it's been since she gave birth, the fact that she's been there will never change, and women who already look up to her can find something to have in common with Celine, and maybe some women who didn't really look up to her, now have a reason to do so. So many people, believe it or not, do disagree with the process of IVF. Mostly because they are afraid of what they don't know and don't educate themselves on the topic. The only way to spread awareness is to talk. Edited August 8, 2015 at 04:42 AM by CelinesDIVO5 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Angel2006 Posted August 8, 2015 at 04:51 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 04:51 AM I would love it if Celine went on The Meredith Viera Show. I feel like that would make a nice interview. I also really liked Rachael Ray and Celine together. There chemistry is adorable. Atleast there are still alot of people that Celine can go to for a interview. Just to name a few there's Meredith Viera, Rachael Ray, Live With Kelly And Michael, The Talk, Entertainment Tonight and that's not even all of them. Plus there is also the late night talk shows. Oprah might be out, but there is still lots of magic left to be made! 1 Quote
Davey84 Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:20 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:20 AM (edited) Atleast there are still alot of people that Celine can go to for a interview. Just to name a few there's Meredith Viera, Rachael Ray, Live With Kelly And Michael, The Talk, Entertainment Tonight and that's not even all of them. Plus there is also the late night talk shows. Oprah might be out, but there is still lots of magic left to be made! The power of an Oprah interview should not be ignored (by her team). Losing Oprah is the worst thing that could ever have happened to Céline s English career. You mention all these people who she could still visit... but I never heard of half! You forget that Oprah got broadcasted worldwide! I remember clearly that each time a Celine Oprah episode aired here in the Netherlands, album sales would go up tremendously, even if it was another rerun! So doing the Oprah show was basically promoting the album worldwide! The only American show here on TV is The Tonight Show.... and they only started to air that AFTER she promoted LMBTL Edited August 8, 2015 at 06:23 AM by Davey84 4 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 8, 2015 at 07:45 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 07:45 AM The power of an Oprah interview should not be ignored (by her team). Losing Oprah is the worst thing that could ever have happened to Céline s English career. You mention all these people who she could still visit... but I never heard of half! You forget that Oprah got broadcasted worldwide! I remember clearly that each time a Celine Oprah episode aired here in the Netherlands, album sales would go up tremendously, even if it was another rerun! So doing the Oprah show was basically promoting the album worldwide! The only American show here on TV is The Tonight Show.... and they only started to air that AFTER she promoted LMBTL They only started to air what after she promoted LMBTL? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 8, 2015 at 07:45 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 07:45 AM The power of an Oprah interview should not be ignored (by her team). Losing Oprah is the worst thing that could ever have happened to Céline s English career. You mention all these people who she could still visit... but I never heard of half! You forget that Oprah got broadcasted worldwide! I remember clearly that each time a Celine Oprah episode aired here in the Netherlands, album sales would go up tremendously, even if it was another rerun! So doing the Oprah show was basically promoting the album worldwide! The only American show here on TV is The Tonight Show.... and they only started to air that AFTER she promoted LMBTL They only started to air what after she promoted LMBTL? Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Davey84 Posted August 8, 2015 at 07:59 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 07:59 AM (edited) They only started to air what after she promoted LMBTL?The Tonight Show.... They started airing it here in Holland in 2014 with the 2014 season.... so the LMBTL episode wasn't aired here... ergo no LMBTL promo here on TV at all Edited August 8, 2015 at 08:00 AM by Davey84 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
CelinesDIVO5 Posted August 8, 2015 at 08:25 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 08:25 AM The Tonight Show.... They started airing it here in Holland in 2014 with the 2014 season.... so the LMBTL episode wasn't aired here... ergo no LMBTL promo here on TV at all I always think you're in the U.S. LOL Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Davey84 Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:13 AM Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:13 AM Gee thanks! I'll take that as a compliment I always think you're in the U.S. LOL Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
DionFanAlways Posted August 8, 2015 at 12:26 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 12:26 PM Gee thanks! I'll take that as a compliment That made me laugh, just the way I read this! 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted August 8, 2015 at 02:30 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 02:30 PM Anyone speaking out on a topic that can produce positive results and reaching out to people who may be ashamed of having to go through, or who may be ignorant and should be educated before forming an opinion is the best way to bring awareness. Celine using her celebrity to speak out on IVF (Dr. Oz, People Magazine) will always be beneficial because she went through it multiple times with only 2 resulting pregnancies. Regardless of how long it's been since she gave birth, the fact that she's been there will never change, and women who already look up to her can find something to have in common with Celine, and maybe some women who didn't really look up to her, now have a reason to do so. So many people, believe it or not, do disagree with the process of IVF. Mostly because they are afraid of what they don't know and don't educate themselves on the topic. The only way to spread awareness is to talk.Well I get that. But I just thought it was weird she sang on a show like that... Seemed a little off but you make a good point I understand what you mean, though 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
isurrender Posted August 8, 2015 at 05:45 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 05:45 PM Second show is almost sold-out! Only 2 price categories left and for each one, we can't buy more than 2 tickets. Weird how for all shows the first categorie to be sold out is the most expansive one... Quote
celine4evauk Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:18 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:18 PM Second show is almost sold-out! Only 2 price categories left and for each one, we can't buy more than 2 tickets. Weird how for all shows the first categorie to be sold out is the most expansive one... Cos a lot of people want to be as close as possible. I know I would,regardless of the price. At least for one show anyway. 4 Quote
CaesarCeline Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:37 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:37 PM Yes I've seen Celine 11 times. Dublin, London, Paris, Vegas. I usually go for second most expensive but this time I said f*#¥! it, I might not see her again with the Rene situation. So I'll go top dollar and smell her!! Am sitting 4th row on the 27th 5 Quote J'ai besoin de tes yeux, c'est le miroir ou j'existe, sans eux je ne me vois pasRegarde-moi http://img.noiset.com/images/artist/celine-dion-disc-5017.jpeg
smw Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:58 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 06:58 PM The power of an Oprah interview should not be ignored (by her team). Losing Oprah is the worst thing that could ever have happened to Céline s English career. You mention all these people who she could still visit... but I never heard of half! You forget that Oprah got broadcasted worldwide! I remember clearly that each time a Celine Oprah episode aired here in the Netherlands, album sales would go up tremendously, even if it was another rerun! So doing the Oprah show was basically promoting the album worldwide! The only American show here on TV is The Tonight Show.... and they only started to air that AFTER she promoted LMBTL Right. Oprah's show wasn't just a talk show. It was THE show to be on during its 25 years. It will never be duplicated. So it was so special that Oprah & Celine shared a special bond. Celine bonded with Oprah when Oprah & her team surprised Celine back in 1997 by flying Celine's family into Chicago to surprise her during a taping. And Oprah said she really bonded with Celine when Celine went out of her way to appear on Oprah's show in Texas during the whole Oprah's on trial fiasco in 1998. When Celine lost Oprah's platform, her team really needed to up their game and do some high-profile, BIG promotion. Granted, we got THE VOICE and the Edison Ballroom concert (which truly was special). But, otherwise, nothing during the LMBTL era in the US was particularly outside the box or noteworthy. The highlight of that promotion era for me was all in the UK. Although, I really did love Celine's interview on Jimmy Fallon. I would LOVE to watch the interview again but I can't find it anywhere -- just the clip of her playing that game. Overall, I can't complain too much. We've got so much great footage of Celine from the SA era. And there were enough special moments from the LMBTL era that make it stand out. I'm so glad we got at least one official music video with INCREDIBLE. And I'm sure the promotion for the album would've continued if Rene hadn't fallen ill. Okay, I'll stop myself now. I could go on and on... At the end of the day, Celine's given us lots of great stuff. This has been a bit tedious lately -- not having much information about the show. But let's just sit back and relax because she will be performing again in no time and that will inevitably come with tons more concert footage, pictures, interviews, etc. 3 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:29 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:29 PM Right. Oprah's show wasn't just a talk show. It was THE show to be on during its 25 years. It will never be duplicated. So it was so special that Oprah & Celine shared a special bond. Celine bonded with Oprah when Oprah & her team surprised Celine back in 1997 by flying Celine's family into Chicago to surprise her during a taping. And Oprah said she really bonded with Celine when Celine went out of her way to appear on Oprah's show in Texas during the whole Oprah's on trial fiasco in 1998. When Celine lost Oprah's platform, her team really needed to up their game and do some high-profile, BIG promotion. Granted, we got THE VOICE and the Edison Ballroom concert (which truly was special). But, otherwise, nothing during the LMBTL era in the US was particularly outside the box or noteworthy. The highlight of that promotion era for me was all in the UK. Although, I really did love Celine's interview on Jimmy Fallon. I would LOVE to watch the interview again but I can't find it anywhere -- just the clip of her playing that game. Overall, I can't complain too much. We've got so much great footage of Celine from the SA era. And there were enough special moments from the LMBTL era that make it stand out. I'm so glad we got at least one official music video with INCREDIBLE. And I'm sure the promotion for the album would've continued if Rene hadn't fallen ill. Okay, I'll stop myself now. I could go on and on... At the end of the day, Celine's given us lots of great stuff. This has been a bit tedious lately -- not having much information about the show. But let's just sit back and relax because she will be performing again in no time and that will inevitably come with tons more concert footage, pictures, interviews, etc. Well said Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:34 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:34 PM Well just got back from the movies and like Alex also saw Celine being advertised for her return to Vegas in the theater. Cinemark. I don't know how to feel about it. Has she fallen or is this their way of thinking of new pathways? I will say though that a couple of women in front of me said they loved her. 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ehild Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:37 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:37 PM Second show is almost sold-out! Only 2 price categories left and for each one, we can't buy more than 2 tickets. Weird how for all shows the first categorie to be sold out is the most expansive one... Cos a lot of people want to be as close as possible. I know I would,regardless of the price. At least for one show anyway.Saturday's show is now single seats only available!! The best available pulled back some in 1st Mezz. Yes I've seen Celine 11 times. Dublin, London, Paris, Vegas. I usually go for second most expensive but this time I said f*#¥! it, I might not see her again with the Rene situation. So I'll go top dollar and smell her!! Am sitting 4th row on the 27thWhat section are you in? I'm not as close you that night but I'm in Front Orch 3. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
québecflower Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:54 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 09:54 PM Well just got back from the movies and like Alex also saw Celine being advertised for her return to Vegas in the theater. Cinemark. I don't know how to feel about it. Has she fallen or is this their way of thinking of new pathways? I will say though that a couple of women in front of me said they loved her.i think it is a good idea, and it shows her to young audience, depending on the movie.... 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
flutefreak Posted August 8, 2015 at 10:12 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 10:12 PM What movie did you see the Celine ad in? Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 8, 2015 at 10:25 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 10:25 PM i think it is a good idea, and it shows her to young audience, depending on the movie....What movie did you see the Celine ad in?The movie was Vacation. The add starts off with MHWGO and they show her in the blue dress. It did stop me in my tracks! 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelineDionFreak Posted August 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM Posted August 8, 2015 at 11:00 PM The movie was Vacation. The add starts off with MHWGO and they show her in the blue dress. It did stop me in my tracks! If I may ask- how was that movie? I wanna see it lol 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
flutefreak Posted August 9, 2015 at 12:21 AM Posted August 9, 2015 at 12:21 AM Dang I saw vacation and they didn't show it!! 2 Quote
ryba Posted August 9, 2015 at 01:39 PM Posted August 9, 2015 at 01:39 PM The red heads just posted that Somebody loves somebody will be part of the revamped show! 7 Quote
Frenchie Posted August 9, 2015 at 01:45 PM Posted August 9, 2015 at 01:45 PM The red heads just posted that Somebody loves somebody will be part of the revamped show! Yay!! I hope this is true! If this be the case, I wonder if celine and Co. Will do the top 5-6 songs on the twitter post back in March where they asked what songs we would like? 1 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 9, 2015 at 01:51 PM Posted August 9, 2015 at 01:51 PM The red heads just posted that Somebody loves somebody will be part of the revamped show!How do they know? Must be the red balloons..... 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.