smash Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:56 AM All of you that are going to the opening show, do you know that it is actually like next week, next flipping week. I would be going crazy, oh my word, I just love her so so sooo much, it's overwhelming......... Sharon 2 Quote
Shaun Posted August 17, 2015 at 02:25 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 02:25 PM All of you that are going to the opening show, do you know that it is actually like next week, next flipping week. I would be going crazy, oh my word, I just love her so so sooo much, it's overwhelming......... Sharon Yeah tell me about it! I'm going hyper with excitement! LOL :w00t: 1 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
CelineDionFreak Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:05 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:05 PM Ten days, everyone!!! 6 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
flutefreak Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:16 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:16 PM I hope we get to see some new pics of the twins maybe they will be at opening night? I really thought we'd hear more about the return by now. Things have been so quiet lately. 3 Quote
Del Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:44 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:44 PM "hey look boys and girls, I can twirl the baton!" but I seriously get what you mean! She's twirling the baton to show us she's talented. haha 3 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
CelineDionFreak Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:46 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:46 PM She's twirling the baton to show us she's talented. hahaAnother talent! Lol 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:46 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 03:46 PM (edited) 10 days left! (And I ADORE the photo they choose for this picture ) Edited August 17, 2015 at 03:47 PM by CelineDionFreak 4 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
celinemaniac07 Posted August 17, 2015 at 04:29 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 04:29 PM Well today is the day! Today Celine returns to the Colosseum to start rehearsals on the stage! The big night is almost here! I can't believe it's only 10 days away now...I know Celine and her family are extremely excited just as we all are. I can't wait to see all the new little suprises and changes they have in store for everyone. I honestly believe the show will be back and be better than ever! On a sidenote and I absolutely do not know if this is true...but I heard Britney Spears is going to opening night. 6 Quote
zuv Posted August 17, 2015 at 06:40 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 06:40 PM I hope "I Didn't Know Love" will make the cut for the new show. Its truly the jewel of her latest album. 3 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:11 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:11 PM Well today is the day! Today Celine returns to the Colosseum to start rehearsals on the stage! The big night is almost here! I can't believe it's only 10 days away now...I know Celine and her family are extremely excited just as we all are. I can't wait to see all the new little suprises and changes they have in store for everyone. I honestly believe the show will be back and be better than ever! On a sidenote and I absolutely do not know if this is true...but I heard Britney Spears is going to opening night. Hopefully, now that rehearsals are going to begin, we will start getting some clearer understanding as to which songs are officially being considered for the show's return. If there is anymore peeps of "You And I," "Somebody Loves Somebody" and/or "That's The Way It Is" being added, I will be incredibly happy! Quote
powerofamor17 Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:22 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:22 PM Hopefully, now that rehearsals are going to begin, we will start getting some clearer understanding as to which songs are officially being considered for the show's return. If there is anymore peeps of "You And I," "Somebody Loves Somebody" and/or "That's The Way It Is" being added, I will be incredibly happy!^This. Quote
Shaun Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:26 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:26 PM I do wonder if there will be some kind of "dress rehearsal" like they usually do. I would've thought with a new setlist, new band members etc they would do that. 3 Quote Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.
Celinenvegas Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:46 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 07:46 PM If she sings "Think Twice" in the new show then I am gonna worry for my liver. Haha...I almost died when I saw her in London in 2008 and she sang it! It was amazing, I cried! 4 Quote ~J O E Y~
Celinenvegas Posted August 17, 2015 at 08:00 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 08:00 PM All of you that are going to the opening show, do you know that it is actually like next week, next flipping week. I would be going crazy, oh my word, I just love her so so sooo much, it's overwhelming......... Sharon I'm totally excited but I won't get nuts until I land in Vegas - THEN I'll be going crazy with anticipation BUT then I won't want it to come because I know it'll go by soooooo fast! I really hope she throws in some real surprises that no one expects. 1 Quote ~J O E Y~
mirage Posted August 17, 2015 at 08:14 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 08:14 PM I really dont get you guys with the exitement of You & I possible in the setlist. Did you ever heard that song live? Its a disaster!! I rather have RDMH till she is 80 than a uptempo good song on the album thats sounds like s*** live! TTWII, SOL, FA, YAI are amazing songs on an album. But when they want to perform it live they ruin the songs. I rather have her lipsynch to the album version than trying to sing it live. Its horrible... 1 Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 17, 2015 at 08:18 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 08:18 PM (edited) I like "you and I" but not for this type of show. Id much prefer a rare song, never been sung live before with a wow factor like "naked" "the greatest reward" or the song I want most "then you look at me". I'd also be all for a few less costume changes for an extra song or full songs instead of shortened versions. I bet Scott Price is excited and at the same time bricking it, right now... Lol. Edited August 17, 2015 at 08:24 PM by Shamrock_1982 5 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:14 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:14 PM Yeah, i'd be happy for less clothing changes also. Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Peppercorn1991 Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:16 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 10:16 PM I think we have established many times that is was the band that lacked the energy not celine.... It's the key she has to sing in.... Performances in the right key always sound awesome! The music is very important its not just down to celine..... I'm hoping this new band was brought in for that reason.... Kev x 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:18 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:18 PM Yes naked would be a great choice ,and how about celine singing it while naked or holding a towel ,that would be great and mariah would freak out right loooool 1 Quote
SuperLove4Celine Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:42 PM Posted August 17, 2015 at 11:42 PM I really dont get you guys with the exitement of You & I possible in the setlist. Did you ever heard that song live? Its a disaster!! I rather have RDMH till she is 80 than a uptempo good song on the album thats sounds like s*** live! TTWII, SOL, FA, YAI are amazing songs on an album. But when they want to perform it live they ruin the songs. I rather have her lipsynch to the album version than trying to sing it live. Its horrible... Any song can be made to sound atrocious or amazing. It's all in the care and respect it is given. Based on the past, I would be willing to bet it was either Mego's fault for those songs you mentioned above sounding horrible live, or it was Rene's fault for forcing the band to play those songs "as they sound on the album" (which rarely works out live when performed exactly as it is heard on a CD full of production and polishing after being recorded). Either way, I don't believe for a second they've been given a fair chance to live up to their best potential. Just listen to "Fade Away." Imagine what bombastic and amazing arrangements could be created for the string section alone! The intro to the song is dramatic, and full of life and attitude. All of this was drained away by Mego, Rene & Company. I like "you and I" but not for this type of show. Id much prefer a rare song, never been sung live before with a wow factor like "naked" "the greatest reward" or the song I want most "then you look at me". I'd also be all for a few less costume changes for an extra song or full songs instead of shortened versions. I bet Scott Price is excited and at the same time bricking it, right now... Lol. I would hardly call the one-off "performance" of "You And I" having been performed. Celine was singing alongside less-than-stellar representatives of Air Canada. Until she performs it 100% solo, I am going to act as if the song has never been performed live. 3 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 18, 2015 at 12:02 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 12:02 AM I like "you and I" but not for this type of show. Id much prefer a rare song, never been sung live before with a wow factor like "naked" "the greatest reward" or the song I want most "then you look at me". I'd also be all for a few less costume changes for an extra song or full songs instead of shortened versions. I bet Scott Price is excited and at the same time bricking it, right now... Lol.The song I want most is Thankful. or maybe CTM!!! 3 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
powerofamor17 Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:10 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:10 AM (edited) Any song can be made to sound atrocious or amazing. It's all in the care and respect it is given. Based on the past, I would be willing to bet it was either Mego's fault for those songs you mentioned above sounding horrible live, or it was Rene's fault for forcing the band to play those songs "as they sound on the album" (which rarely works out live when performed exactly as it is heard on a CD full of production and polishing after being recorded). Either way, I don't believe for a second they've been given a fair chance to live up to their best potential. Just listen to "Fade Away." Imagine what bombastic and amazing arrangements could be created for the string section alone! The intro to the song is dramatic, and full of life and attitude. All of this was drained away by Mego, Rene & Company. I would hardly call the one-off "performance" of "You And I" having been performed. Celine was singing alongside less-than-stellar representatives of Air Canada. Until she performs it 100% solo, I am going to act as if the song has never been performed live.Completely agree with you all the way. You and I was bad, but not necessarily because of Celine. Her parts/sessions of the performance were great, a little rushed but hey.. I still loved her energy and passion in the performance. I for one, love her SOL and TTWII performances, all of them. I really love her TTWII performance on Rosie. Yes it was lowered, and it lacked “umf", but that doesn't make it bad. Valid points about the band as well "Superlove". Edited August 18, 2015 at 01:10 AM by powerofamor17 Quote
JCeline85 Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:34 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:34 AM I wouldn't count on better orchestral arrangements of some of these songs.. They said that the orchestra isn't starting rehearsals until today.. Unless they've been rehearsing off site somewhere.. I'm not going to get too excited about all of these changes just in case there aren't any real big changes Quote The Wait Is Over?
Nmj Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:42 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:42 AM i hope the dresses are also new, because something tells me that the show will be the almost the same but maybe a few new songs, hope I'm wrong but at least this way i won't get disappointed. 2 Quote
Popular Post echosthruthenight Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:48 AM Popular Post Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:48 AM (edited) Went to ceasars today to get some gifts for friends coming next week. It's packed with céline. She's literally everywhere. The drive in has two enormous billboards, posters are in elevators, when you get off the elevator she's just staring at you. As soon as you enter ceasars her face is around every corner. Of course a big One in front of the shop. It's Amazing and the feeling there is awesome. 9 days!!! Edited August 18, 2015 at 01:49 AM by echosthruthenight 13 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:49 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:49 AM Yes naked would be a great choice ,and how about celine singing it while naked or holding a towel ,that would be great and mariah would freak out right looooolThat's the after hour show................ 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:50 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:50 AM (edited) Went to ceasars today to get some gifts for friends coming next week. It's packed with céline. She's literally everywhere. The drive in has two enormous billboards, posters are in elevators, when you get off the elevator she's just staring at you. As soon as you enter ceasars her face is around every corner. Of course a big One in front of the shop. It's Amazing and the feeling there is awesome. 9 days!!!It's Happening!!!!!!! (lol, ok I'll breathe.....) Edited August 18, 2015 at 01:51 AM by DionFanAlways 5 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
echosthruthenight Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:51 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 01:51 AM That's the after hour show................ Lol good lord above, where do I sign my name? 1 Quote
echosthruthenight Posted August 18, 2015 at 02:02 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 02:02 AM It's Happening!!!!!!! (lol, ok I'll breathe.....) I can't post pics so heres the link to one of my twitter posts. https://twitter.com/Echothruthenite/status/633458477688459264 3 Quote
Nmj Posted August 18, 2015 at 02:31 AM Posted August 18, 2015 at 02:31 AM I love the picture that they choose at their new advirtisement. I Think its way better than the B&W "Loved Me Back To Life" album picture.Finally some color for a change, I'm sick of B&W and I think that when the show first opened, they used the B&W to stress "Timeless Hollywood" the original theme that they were going for, now Hopefully some new dresses, new songs, new stage productions , and some new arrangements of the "hits" brings some freshness back to the show that it was missing before, and I think the color picture speaks fresh. 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.