Jump to content

Indefinite break is over. Return to Vegas announced.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I think it's pretty safe to say that all the team will be there this weekend going over songs, speeches, videos, lighting, timings etc :)

 

Can't believe it's less than a week away, the wait is over! :)

 

We should get #celineisback treading worldwide on Thursday :P

 

And I think we will get a little teaser today, just have a feeling, hope I'm right.

Edited by Shamrock_1982
  • Like 2
Posted
They will probably keep the same book and just tear off the page with the old musicians in it! :giggle:
  • Like 7
Posted

Hey guys. So I went to ceasars again today to exchange my e-tickets for hard tickets (which they don't do by the way) and afterwards I went to the store to inquire about New merchandise. Specifically a new show book. I was told that if anything there would be new shirts but because this is not a new show there will be no new book. He said she changed the songs but the show is still the same. So I hope that helps for those who wanted to know.

That's a shame. :(

 

I doubt there won't be a new show program tho...They can't have one still with Mego, André, JS, Yves and Marc in it!

 

Maybe they kept the silver one, but changed the musicians pages?

I agree. I really think they would need to make a new show program, not just because there will be a whole new band now, but also because there will be a whole new set of songs, outfits, and visuals in the show. I don't think they are going to have any other choice but to make a new program.

 

I am so excited to see all the changes that are going to be made. I can't believe it's only 5 days until opening night now! :clap:

Maybe we will get a new countdown pic today from Team Celine. I have been loving the pics they have chosen so far! :wub:

I agree they do need a new program. Or at the very least remove or replace the band members pages.

 

I guess they will need to take pictures of the new show before a new booklet can come out... Didn't the first have pictures of TCWT?

 

Kev x

Nope it had pics from the dress rehearsals...

I think we will get a new one soon with updated show pictures with the new outfits, etc. It takes time to get those pictures and have them all printed. The second one definitely has show pictures so I think they'll keep with that at some point.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I hope she keeps that curly hair from the billboards!

Me too!

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

I hope she keeps that curly hair from the billboards!

I hope not
Posted

 

 

That's basically what I said to this guy. Here's what I am thinking, I noticed that a new day had 3 show books. The show Céline only has two. So, I think maybe in a few months, or possibly the next run, a new one would come out. With that said, I did only inquire about a new book by/on opening night. So maybe we just have to wait? Not sure, just passing on What was shared with me.

 

P.S. my money for lunch next week totally went to a fabulous céline coffee cup. Fine with me, I can totally function on two meals and a lot of caffeine!

Sorry, but what does the coffee mug look like? Could you maybe take a picture of it and post it here. When someone went over in 2011, I got 2 coffee mugs. Just wondering what the new ones look like. If not, no worries. Thanks.....

 

Sharon

Posted
ONLY 5 MORE DAYS until of the most epic nights known to man! Seriously everyone...we are only 5 days away can you believe it?!
  • Like 6
Posted
I have a feeling they are really going to be stepping it up even higher for this revamped show...I think its going to be fantastic! Cannot wait!
  • Like 2
Posted

Oh dear, that La Presse interview with Aldo makes it sound like Rene is still not doing very well at all. I so hope he can be there...

 

"Angélil assistera-t-il au retour de sa femme sur scène jeudi ?

« J’ai toujours espoir, laisse tomber Giampaolo. Quand tu as subi ce genre de traitements, tu as des bonnes et des mauvaises journées. On verra le jour venu. »"

Posted

Oh dear, that La Presse interview with Aldo makes it sound like Rene is still not doing very well at all. I so hope he can be there...

 

"Angélil assistera-t-il au retour de sa femme sur scène jeudi ?

« J’ai toujours espoir, laisse tomber Giampaolo. Quand tu as subi ce genre de traitements, tu as des bonnes et des mauvaises journées. On verra le jour venu. »"

What does it mean in English ?

Posted
Can I just say, why do people post information in French in an English speaking section of the forum, ( with no bloody English translation!!!! )
  • Like 2
Posted

It says "Will René be there on Thursday for his wife's comeback (on stage)?

I'm still hoping, replies Giampaolo. After such treatments, you have good and bad days. We will see the day of."

  • Like 1
Posted

Calm down Shame on you... I mean Shamrock... :giggle:

Some people who post the French articles don't speak French...

...and Google is everyone's friend - a bad friend at times when it comes to translation but it still helps! :D

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I'm just saying the most of us don't speak French on the English section so a translation would obviously help instead of us having to go translate it ourselves or wait for someone who speaks both languages to translate it. It's just common decency! ;)

 

But thank you for the translation, it's appreciated :P

Edited by Shamrock_1982
  • Like 1
Posted

It says "Will René be there on Thursday for his wife's comeback (on stage)?

I'm still hoping, replies Giampaolo. After such treatments, you have good and bad days. We will see the day of."

thank you for translation

  • Like 1
Posted

The article pretty much confirmed what I hoped wasn't tru but figured probably was.....that Rene is still sick. :( Part of me wonders if the treatment in Boston was so he would be able to go to opening night. I just hope he feels up to going!

 

And I'm also so glad we made this ribbon project large scale. They're going to be so touched!

  • Like 2

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
Well the thing with treatment etc is it can make you ill all week,when all you had was one treatment that week. Then it depends on what Rene has been having done (if anything) the last few weeks. Then because of the nature of his illness, like Aldo said, you have good days and bad days. Let's hope that he's well enough to be there Thursday.
Posted

That's basically what I said to this guy. Here's what I am thinking, I noticed that a new day had 3 show books. The show Céline only has two. So, I think maybe in a few months, or possibly the next run, a new one would come out. With that said, I did only inquire about a new book by/on opening night. So maybe we just have to wait? Not sure, just passing on What was shared with me.

 

P.S. my money for lunch next week totally went to a fabulous céline coffee cup. Fine with me, I can totally function on two meals and a lot of caffeine!

 

 

:laugh: Yah, Things in the Celine shop are pretty pricey, but totally worth going without food. LOL. Actually, I found there clothing sizes to be very small when I shopped there, so maybe it wouldn't hurt me to skip a couple of meals on my next trip to Vegas and save money for some Celine t shirts. LOL.

 

Seriously though, nothing fit me except a hat. It was crazy.

highfive.jpg

Posted

I hope she keeps that curly hair from the billboards!

 

 

I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines concert dvd from 2008 and I must say, I really love that hairstyle. Her hair in that concert had so much volume and curl, it's also really feminine. I hope Celine's hair looks like that for the new show! :wub:

  • Like 3

highfive.jpg

Posted

 

 

 

I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines concert dvd from 2008 and I must say, I really love that hairstyle. Her hair in that concert had so much volume and curl, it's also really feminine. I hope Celine's hair looks like that for the new show! :wub:

totally agree
Posted
Just read on fb that they'll be posting the red balloons video on the 28th - the video that will in the show.
  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

 

I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines concert dvd from 2008 and I must say, I really love that hairstyle. Her hair in that concert had so much volume and curl, it's also really feminine. I hope Celine's hair looks like that for the new show! :wub:

I would like the Edison ballroom look more though! It's just straight and it looks liked that look! I like the curly look... But she hadn't done the straight look for YEARS... And I love it!

  • Like 3

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted

 

 

 

I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines concert dvd from 2008 and I must say, I really love that hairstyle. Her hair in that concert had so much volume and curl, it's also really feminine. I hope Celine's hair looks like that for the new show! :wub:

I would like the Edison ballroom look more though! It's just straight and it looks liked that look! I like the curly look... But she hadn't done the straight look for YEARS... And I love it!

I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!

Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant! post-26465-0-84517800-1427302581_thumb.gif

Posted (edited)

I just saw the news on here about Rene's health. I'm trying not to worry, but I still can't believe this is happening. I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines dvd and it just made me sad to see the Rene we all remember. It wasn't even that long ago he was completely healthy. It's just so sad. I'm trying to think positive, but it's so hard.

 

I hope Rene will be well enough to attend opening night and I wish him and his family the best of health for the future.

 

 

Also, I just noticed there are some new performance pics of Celine at Caesars Palace on the Celine Dion Greece Facebook page. Are they really new, I mean like were they taken recently. Please tell me this is not the looks for the new show. Nothing is different.

 

I`m hoping that these are just never before seen pics of the Celine show, that are just being released now and that there will be a whole new set of costumes for the upcoming shows.

Edited by Angel2006
  • Like 1

highfive.jpg

Posted
So, an idea came to me a few moments ago. I think the "Je crois toi" segue into an interlude was done pretty well. So, for "Celine," why not do something somewhat similar with "Nothing Broken But My Heart"? Celine could sing about 80-90% of the song, then use the last minute of it as the interlude. This would then be a perfect segue, both musically and lyrically, into "Think Twice." After "Think Twice," she could do some sort of speech (assuming these still are going to be done) about how now it's time for some "happy music". She could then either do "Make You Happy," or the introductory hum for "I'm Alive" or "That's The Way It Is."
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

I just saw the news on here about Rene's health. I'm trying not to worry, but I still can't believe this is happening. I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines dvd and it just made me sad to see the Rene we all remember. It wasn't even that long ago he was completely healthy. It's just so sad. I'm trying to think positive, but it's so hard.

 

I hope Rene will be well enough to attend opening night and I wish him and his family the best of health for the future.

 

 

Also, I just noticed there are some new performance pics of Celine at Caesars Palace on the Celine Dion Greece Facebook page. Are they really new, I mean like were they taken recently. Please tell me this is not the looks for the new show. Nothing is different.

 

I`m hoping that these are just never before seen pics of the Celine show, that are just being released now and that there will be a whole new set of costumes for the upcoming shows.

 

The pictures on the CDG page are from an article that was posted just yesterday (you can find it on the page before this one). I think these pictures came from the rehearsals at the start of the show because you can see the unused black dress that was originally for the DOL/LCMM/RDMH sequence and the outfit from the MJ medley.

Edited by CelineDionForeverNY

http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpg

Mais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?

Posted

I just saw the news on here about Rene's health. I'm trying not to worry, but I still can't believe this is happening. I was just watching the Sur Les Plaines dvd and it just made me sad to see the Rene we all remember. It wasn't even that long ago he was completely healthy. It's just so sad. I'm trying to think positive, but it's so hard.

 

I hope Rene will be well enough to attend opening night and I wish him and his family the best of health for the future.

 

 

Also, I just noticed there are some new performance pics of Celine at Caesars Palace on the Celine Dion Greece Facebook page. Are they really new, I mean like were they taken recently. Please tell me this is not the looks for the new show. Nothing is different.

 

I`m hoping that these are just never before seen pics of the Celine show, that are just being released now and that there will be a whole new set of costumes for the upcoming shows.

 

 

 

Are these pics taken from the last few days? I would agree that since it says new official photos that the show looks exactly the same...even the outfits are the exact same....what does everyone else think? I looked at the pictures closely and I only see two backup singers in every picture with them. So are these recent or from past shows? Surely these are older photos from a year or two ago....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...