flutefreak Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:17 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:17 PM I can tell already I will be getting no work done this week!! I just want to say to all those going to Vegas this week, I hope you have a blast and please keep us updated however you can! Can't wait to hear and see her again. 7 Quote
scielle Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:25 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:25 PM Corded mic Quite the opposite, I'd say. Corded mic 2 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:27 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:27 PM Quite the opposite, I'd say. Corded mic doesn't matter she's holding it already lool 1 Quote
ryba Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:31 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:31 PM doesn't matter she's holding it already loolhahaha Quote
Popular Post DionFanAlways Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:44 PM Popular Post Posted August 23, 2015 at 03:44 PM Omg, for the love of all that is holy, why on Earth is the corded mic such an issue for people?!? If she likes it, what's the problem! 13 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
artistman2007 Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:29 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:29 PM Omg, for the love of all that is holy, why on Earth is the corded mic such an issue for people?!? If she likes it, what's the problem! don't ask me why but I feel she looks sexier holding the wirless one with those long polished nails doesn't make sense I know loooll 2 Quote
Unisono Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:31 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:31 PM Omg, for the love of all that is holy, why on Earth is the corded mic such an issue for people?!? If she likes it, what's the problem! I like it... maybe it's not what you expect to see nowadays during a concert but in a show like "Celine" I think it works very well (ok I hardly imagine her singing I'm Alive and songs where she has to move across the stage but it's not what this show is (or was) meant to be). I have no idea of the technical differences between a wireless mic and a corded mic and have no idea if this change her voice (from what I've heard I could say that her voice changes... but that's a complete different story).Anyway it seems she likes it and few recent choices she's made of her own were great, so good for her! Can't wait! I want to know the new setlist!!!! (And see her hair style... Loved the opening nigh hair she had in march 2011... but it lasted only few days... she's almost having the same hair style since 2007...). 2 Quote
mirage Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:38 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:38 PM They have a countdown since yesterday with pics. I wonder what the next days will bring :-) 3 Quote
Celinenvegas Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:56 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 04:56 PM Hey guys. So I went to ceasars again today to exchange my e-tickets for hard tickets (which they don't do by the way) and afterwards I went to the store to inquire about New merchandise. Specifically a new show book. I was told that if anything there would be new shirts but because this is not a new show there will be no new book. He said she changed the songs but the show is still the same. So I hope that helps for those who wanted to know. I have the prgram that was on sale opening night in 2011, was there a 2nd edition issued? The one I have has the pic of Celine's back on the cover, back cover has the show logo. Quote ~J O E Y~
celine4evauk Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:01 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:01 PM I like it... maybe it's not what you expect to see nowadays during a concert but in a show like "Celine" I think it works very well (ok I hardly imagine her singing I'm Alive and songs where she has to move across the stage but it's not what this show is (or was) meant to be). I have no idea of the technical differences between a wireless mic and a corded mic and have no idea if this change her voice (from what I've heard I could say that her voice changes... but that's a complete different story).Anyway it seems she likes it and few recent choices she's made of her own were great, so good for her! Can't wait! I want to know the new setlist!!!! (And see her hair style... Loved the opening nigh hair she had in march 2011... but it lasted only few days... she's almost having the same hair style since 2007...). Totally agree. Corded fits this show. Just like the uncorded fitted AND. I've always wanted (during the Celine show especially) for Celine to perform using the old fashioned type of mic. You know the one I mean? The one that's oblong. She posed with it during the 90's if anyone has pictures lol 3 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:03 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:03 PM I love the pictures!!! I hope we get more pictures and like little videos and hints! As for the corded mic debacle some people don't like... I think tabs good thing. It makes her look classic and classy. It works well in the small theatre too I think but most of all SHE wanted it and they gave it to her. I think it's good she's getting her voice heard, you know? all aside, I'm super happy for the bootlegs and seeing her new show pics! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
CelineDionFreak Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:03 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:03 PM Totally agree. Corded fits this show. Just like the uncorded fitted AND. I've always wanted (during the Celine show especially) for Celine to perform using the old fashioned type of mic. You know the one I mean? The one that's oblong. She posed with it during the 90's if anyone has pictures lolI doubt those work with modern, digital soundboards lol 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
cobra74 Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:14 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:14 PM Interesting sidenote....havent heard a peep from Robin Leach in several weeks and the premiere show is 4 days away...he is usually all over promoting Celine and providing updates...but nothing from him yet! Probably still smarting from being crucified by Celine fans a few months ago... Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2 Quote "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
celine4evauk Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:20 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:20 PM I doubt those work with modern, digital soundboards lol Surely there's an updated version now! I didn't mean use an old mic - just the design of it! Just for a section of the show perhaps. Lol 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:21 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:21 PM The mic issue reminds me with the red carpet issue remember ,when she didn't want to walk the red carpet and then didn't want to talk about her dresses and what she's wearing and jewllery as if there was a point for that,I think she just needs to go with the flow and don't think about too much useless stuff that other artists do without making big deals out of it,but at the end what ever makes her comfortable for sure I'm ok with that, can't wait for the new modern show yaaaaaay Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:26 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:26 PM I don't care what mic she uses as long as she sounds amazing and visually I think it looks more old school and powerful at the same time. Wired mics give stronger and clearer sound and cause less issues with earphones and battery packs, like we have seen in the past, and she's obviously more comfortable with this style/concept! 7 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:31 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:31 PM I don't care what mic she uses as long as she sounds amazing and visually I think it looks more old school and powerful at the same time. Wired mics give stronger and clearer sound and cause less issues with earphones and battery packs, like we have seen in the past, and she's obviously more comfortable with this style/concept! Yeah cause we know she doesn't like the wireless battery pack thing. She keeps saying up or down when she uses those. I think she just likes the wireless ones and they sound better and for her in ears they always seem to function better. 1 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Nmj Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:31 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:31 PM You are not alone, I have ALWAYS hated the corded Mic, it's 2015. What if she tripped over the cord, yes she's a professional but it's possible why not avoid the chance. In addition cordless looks much better. Something tells me tho, it has to do with needed less time to the microphone sounding good during soundcheck, I think the corded mic easier for sound technicians but I still don't care lol, that's what technicians get paid to do. 2 Quote
echosthruthenight Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:35 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:35 PM I have the prgram that was on sale opening night in 2011, was there a 2nd edition issued? The one I have has the pic of Celine's back on the cover, back cover has the show logo. Yes, the new one has the loved me back to life photo. Quote
celine4evauk Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:53 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:53 PM You are not alone, I have ALWAYS hated the corded Mic, it's 2015. What if she tripped over the cord, yes she's a professional but it's possible why not avoid the chance. In addition cordless looks much better. Something tells me tho, it has to do with needed less time to the microphone sounding good during soundcheck, I think the corded mic easier for sound technicians but I still don't care lol, that's what technicians get paid to do. Your post reminded me of LIM etc when she kept running around on stage and whipping the cord out the way! 😅 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:59 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 05:59 PM I just heard a rumor that Declaration of Love might be in the show....not confirmed only a rumor 1 Quote
CelineDionFreak Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:07 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:07 PM Your post reminded me of LIM etc when she kept running around on stage and whipping the cord out the way! 😅Whats LIM? I'm drawing a blank lol Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Del Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:14 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:14 PM Love the pics. And oh.... The return on the corded mic:-( I believe it's here to stay.Omg, for the love of all that is holy, why on Earth is the corded mic such an issue for people?!? If she likes it, what's the problem! Just bring a pair of sicssors with you at the premiere. Someone can distract her and snip snip... There goes the corded mic. Haha 3 Quote Instagram: @delphis78
celine4evauk Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:17 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:17 PM Whats LIM? I'm drawing a blank lol Live In Memphis! 1 Quote
stevo Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:21 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:21 PM (edited) I don't mind the corded mic- but I do think there's bound to be a way in this day and age in that theatre to solve whatever problems she has with the other mic. I do think she sounds better with it though...or is it my imagination?! Water and a Flame in Paris...BOOOOM!!! Edited August 23, 2015 at 06:22 PM by stevo 1 Quote
comingback Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:25 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:25 PM (edited) Pictures of Céline rehearsing for the new show Yeah, she is back!!! Edited August 23, 2015 at 06:26 PM by comingback Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:33 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:33 PM (edited) I agree Stevo she sounded clearer and more powerful in Paris 2013 than during the world tour or a new day, and I believe it was down to the mic used. I work in the wireless industry and a certain amount of wireless devices can cause major issues if used in the same area at the same time, as most people will say and I'm not just talking about her wireless mic, earphones and battery pack... As in this type of evironment there are tons of other wireless ( Wi-fi, Bluetooth and other ) devices being used, which can cause feedback, interference, and communication/timing issues. And for a perfectionist like Celine, this can be a huge issue and I don't blame her for using the wired mic as it will not resolve the issue entirely but it does make a big difference. Edited August 23, 2015 at 06:47 PM by Shamrock_1982 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:47 PM Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:47 PM (edited) Guys your making no sense like the whole world and I mean it the whole world is using wirless mics all over the world ,and celine discovered the the wired mic is better camoon,she's comfortable with it ok but ,but tell michael in his grave ,madonna,or beyonce and the list will go on and on of people who are top proffecional and modern at the same time that wired mics are better ,it's her choice she's spontaneous she's said it before so no problem that's all good luck for her anyways . Edited August 23, 2015 at 06:49 PM by artistman2007 Quote
Popular Post comingback Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:50 PM Popular Post Posted August 23, 2015 at 06:50 PM (edited) from an interview with Julie Snyder Sept. 2014 We often get asked why Celine uses a corded microphone (again). #celinedion In the TV show 'L'été Indien', when asked about this by Julie Snyder, Céline herself explains:Céline firstly jokes: "because it is less expensive, we cut the budget!"More seriously: "Because I love it more [than singing with a wireless mic]. I began my career with that, I like it more and it is sounding well. It's not what costs more or less, it's about what works. We tried not to do that, because there's mics that sound better. But when I'm not happy, I don't sing as well. And what's important for me, is to be happy and to have fun and not to sing well. Now I have fun, I have my mic, it only costs $60 and if I continue to sing with it, they will give it to me because they want me to sing with it and it's perfect. I'm tied to the cord.When Julie says "but normally, superstars use a wireless mic..."Céline gives a typical Céline answer: "but i'm not a superstar, I'm Céline!" Edited August 23, 2015 at 07:04 PM by comingback 12 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.