Celinex Posted August 24, 2015 at 08:47 PM Posted August 24, 2015 at 08:47 PM I have just lost my uncle to throat cancer.He passed away 3 weeks ago.He was diagnosed October had his treatment and was told May there was nothing more they could do.We found out that they knew this in December.He was going to have more treatment in May but when his wife asked the doctor if it would make ant difference he told her no.He was 64.He lived his last 3 months the best he could he didn't want more treatment to make him sick when it was going to do nothing.He did have a feeding tube until April but had it took out so he could eat normal food.He did manage to eat but not much he could drink as well again not much.It was so hard watching him fade away in the last couple of weeks.He wasn't bed ridden but was getting unsteady on his feet during the last week.He is out of pain now but it's strange him not being here.The nurses came out to see him on the Wednesday before he died on the Sunday and said it would only be week.As it turned out it was only days.My thoughts and prayers are with Celine and Rene and all their family. 5 Quote
Angel2006 Posted August 24, 2015 at 08:56 PM Posted August 24, 2015 at 08:56 PM I can tell you that she is not lying whatsoever when it comes to the doctors not knowing if it's 3 weeks, 3 months, or a year. They did EVERYTHING they could to not only extend his life, but fighting the cancer while allowing him to live this last part of his life with some dignity. He did way more than many would ever do to beat this cancer and at his age it's not easy. It was hard to see him at his state but she is being sincere and honest with us, it really could happen at any day which is truly sad. But mentally she's strong and has accepted the terms that has been given to both of them. I think he actually feels better knowing that for a few hours a day, she'd be doing what would normally occur if he was the healthy husbanger, being Celine the superstar he always envisioned her to be. These two are so touching and inspiring, a love like no other. I know you might not be able to answer this question, but you said the doctors did everything they could do, does this mean they are not going to treat him any further? In a previous conversation in this topic, I was talking with another member of the forum and they said that at a certain point the doctor lets the patient go.I understand that you might not be able to answer this question for work reasons, but is this the stage Rene is at now? I hope further treatment can still be done. Quote
Popular Post imaswede78 Posted August 24, 2015 at 09:32 PM Popular Post Posted August 24, 2015 at 09:32 PM I don't know if you are referring to me or not but I work in hospice care/terminal patients. I obivously don't know what Rene is going through now but I can probably give a good guess. If doctors don't know how long Rene has left that means they are no longer agressively treating him. Rene is probably on really good medications for comfort and pain. There may be moments of discomfort but the doctors will adjust his medications and he will be comfortable and at peace. Agaain, I don't pretend to know what Rene is going through but I spend every day with terminal/dying patients and I feel confident Rene will not suffer. 8 Quote
Frenchie Posted August 24, 2015 at 09:54 PM Posted August 24, 2015 at 09:54 PM As the tough news has sunk in, I wonder if Celine will sing an extra few songs on opening night. Just for Rene since its his goal to make opening night. I was thinking some of her French songs. Idk it is just a thought. Hope he can make it! So all us fans can give him AND Celine our support! Quote
Angel2006 Posted August 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM Posted August 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM I don't know if you are referring to me or not but I work in hospice care/terminal patients. I obivously don't know what Rene is going through now but I can probably give a good guess. If doctors don't know how long Rene has left that means they are no longer agressively treating him. Rene is probably on really good medications for comfort and pain. There may be moments of discomfort but the doctors will adjust his medications and he will be comfortable and at peace. Agaain, I don't pretend to know what Rene is going through but I spend every day with terminal/dying patients and I feel confident Rene will not suffer. Thanks for your opinion and thoughts on Rene's condition. I appreciate it. Understanding what he is going through and what step he might be at helps a little. It's so very sad what they are facing. I never pictured this to happen. It's strange, I never once saw Rene as old. I just never pictured him that way because he is married to Celine and Celine loves him so very much. I have always just looked passed his age and made him out in my mind to be younger. I always knew has was in his 70's, but I always thought of him as younger. Aside from his cancer in 1999, I never pictured him being sick or possibly leaving this world when Celine wasn't even 50 yet. I always pictured him easily living into his 90's. Even when I heard of his cancer diagnoses in 2013 I still thought, it's Rene, he will beat this. It really sucks coming to the realization that he might not have much time left. If this was ever going to happen, I always pictured it happening 20 years down the road, when Celine and Rene are both alot older. Quote
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted August 24, 2015 at 10:22 PM Popular Post Posted August 24, 2015 at 10:22 PM I can't even begin to care about the set list or a new album. It's unimportant right now. This is hell and it's also beautiful that Celine is going through with all of this just to please the man she loves. My heart aches. There's nothing we can do except send good vibes and support. 18 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Popular Post Nmj Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM Popular Post Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:25 PM This is so heartbreaking, and yet of course we are helpless in a situation like this which is beyond fausterating. I so ADMIRE this women, this man, THIS COUPLE. When Rene passes their marriage will live on, and will always be the blueprint to a successful marriage not only in Hollywood, but in general. You see this why I LOVE Celine, she's got a great voice, but that's not what's important, many people have great voices but not many have the values she does l, especially in this industry. I just know that THURSDAY will mark the comeback, of the hand gestures of "LV" and the nose touching, and yes while there will be over 4000 people there the only when she will see will be her manager, her love . And even if Rene's not there he still will be the only one she sees. Having followed her career for so long, I know that Thursday won't be about the voice, so sorry people there may be some "bum" notes and so what, I hope every note is a bum note as long as Celine and Rene find peace and comfort on the stage. Many people think that after Rene passes that Celine will drift off into the sunshine, I don't buy it, I used to believe that she would stop after the partnership ended but I don't anymore. Rene's gone through all his trouble to make sure she returns and to sign her Vegas contact until 2019, Celine will always want to make him proud, and I think she will continue to do so after he's gone. I'm praying for Rene, for Celine and all of Rene's children, I hoping for a miracle and for all of this to get better, but regardless we will be here for Celine when she needs us. Rene Angelil will always be a man of which I utmost respect and admire, as a businessman, father and all around humanitarian. I hope Celine finds some comfort on Thursday in all the love songs that she been singing for Rene for years but I know the feeling behind the words will be as if it's her first time singing them. 8 Quote
imaswede78 Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:39 PM Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:39 PM I want to also share that toward the end of life a patient often becomes unconsious. However, there have been studies done proving that a person's hearing becomes even more clear toward the end of life. So just because our loved one can no longer respond verbally they can hear everything we say. I love how Rene wants to die in Celine's arms. To have the last spoken/sung words you hear on this Earth come from Celine - OMG. What a send off. The angels will be envious (and have a lot to live up to). 4 Quote
Naiomi zhannah Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:42 PM Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:42 PM Celine dion is trending on Facebook 1 Quote
Popular Post CelineDionForeverNY Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:45 PM Popular Post Posted August 24, 2015 at 11:45 PM This is sooooo heartbreaking! I can't believe that Celine is coming back in three days in the midst of all of this. She's such a trooper and I feel that Thursday will be the most personal and heart wrenching performance that she will ever give. I can't even imagine how hard this is for her. It's just so upsetting knowing that both of them are so resigned to him passing. And I can't imagine how RC and the twins feel during this time, surrounded by so much pain and so many worries. I cannot even imagine Celine without Rene because he's always been there with her from the start. For some positivity in the forum, I stopped by Caesar's this afternoon and checked out the boutique. On the way into Caesar's, they were playing "Real Emotion" outside and throughout the hotel and casino. And she's up on the posters outside of the Colosseum doors and throughout the casino. When I got to the boutique, they were unboxing some t-shirts, I'm not sure if they're new or not, but I don't think I've seen them before. One of them has her name and the "Celine" part is silver with song titles and song lyrics written inside. The songs on there are "My Heart Will Go On," "Where Does My Heart Beat Now," "It's All Coming Back to Me Now," "The Power of Love," "Love Can Move Mountains," I'm Your Angel," "Let's Talk About Love," "Loved Me Back to Life," The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," "I Surrender," "Can't Help Falling in Love," "When I Fall in Love," "Do You Hear What I Hear," "If You Could See Me Now," and "That's the Way It Is." I have no idea if this shirt is related to the show in any way, but we might see some of them on Thursday. I talked to one of the ladies there and when I asked about any new merchandise coming on Thursday, she said yes (I asked specifically about a program). Ending off my post before I have to head out again, once again, my thoughts and prayers are with Celine and her family. It's so magical, yet heartbreaking, seeing her make this comeback while knowing that she's dealing with Rene's health and taking care of her family. She is such a strong woman and knows her principles and beliefs, and carries them out. We will always support Celine with our thoughts and prayers! 12 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
québecflower Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:01 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:01 AM Claudette Dion have talked on Québec radio this afternoon, she was in Vegas, i know that 2 others sisters( the one that was with her at the Sans attendre special in Québec) are there and one brother. Some other have family obligations and could not be there. She said that they are there to support and show them love. That Celine is the same as always, couragous, loving, admirable, she had no words to show her admiration. Thay asked her if she knew about the changes to the show. She said that this is not souding the same as before, many new songs also. She really loves Celine. 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
blueblazers90 Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:04 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:04 AM I'm soo happy she is trending on Facebook! This shows the love people have for her. WOW! 2 Quote
Tyler1991 Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:06 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:06 AM Wow, if you could see me noww, can't help falling in love, ltal?? Omg if even one of those songs is performed I will scream. I honestly think we will be in for some surprises come thursday, but I'm not trying to get overly excited in case not. But I really think we are all in for a treat 2 Quote
ehild Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:09 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:09 AM I've got the indefinite feeling, that René will die shortly after Celine's first show. He wants to see her one more time live on stage. - and afterwards he can let got. I truely hope that I feel wrong! I've felt this way for a while. Part of why I'm going opening night. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
ehild Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:11 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:11 AM I JUST realized we don't have an official setlist and the show begins in 3 days from now. I really wish we had some news...I think they're waiting to surprise us all....see what works etc. 1 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
CelineDionForeverNY Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:16 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:16 AM (edited) EDIT: I don't know what's going on, the images in the post above aren't opening for me, so I'll just leave them here... Edited August 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM by CelineDionForeverNY 2 Quote http://i.imgur.com/dQ1vYVz.jpgMais qui peut dire, qu’il peut vivre sans amour, qui?
CelineDionFreak Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:57 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:57 AM I just can't quit thinking how much AWTBI is such a true song right now! I would say put it in the show... But I think she'd be too emotional to sing it right now. I've always loved this song... But more now! Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
Frenchie Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:06 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:06 AM I know not many like When I Fall In Love, but I love it! Its my theme song so to speak along with TTWIS. I would be super Celine-wowed if she performs any of the other songs listed too! Especially can't help falling in love! :0 1 Quote
Naiomi zhannah Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:09 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:09 AM Celine dion is #3 trending celebrity on Facebook 1 Quote
flutefreak Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:16 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:16 AM I've been thinking about him wanting to die in her arms all day and actually how beautiful that is even though it is incredibly sad. Isnt that what everyone wants in the end? If we could all be so lucky to be held by our loved ones. Just shows how deep their love is for each other. They are such an example of love to me, one I will always admire. 5 Quote
nuts2you Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:17 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:17 AM Boy topic is really HOT, I ve been reading everyone thoughts , My heart will be with them all just cant say enough, Quote
DionFanAlways Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:18 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:18 AM In the interview she talks about opening night saying, "There will be moments. Of emptiness, laughter, awkwardness, tearing up...." the one word that gets me, and I wonder what she really means by it, is "emptiness" It just gets me. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
ehild Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:24 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:24 AM In the interview she talks about opening night saying, "There will be moments. Of emptiness, laughter, awkwardness, tearing up...." the one word that gets me, and I wonder what she really means by it, is "emptiness" It just gets me.Maybe emptiness that Rene won't be there? I've thought about this too. One thing is for sure...travel Kleenex will be in my purse! Lol 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
nuts2you Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:42 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:42 AM I have plenty of those that need it,. Quote
MrTim212 Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:50 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:50 AM IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW?! THAT has always been one of my favourite album tracks and she has NEVER performed it live. I will absolutely lose it if she sings it on opening night. And I'm putting money on "Let's Talk About Love" being the opener. I think I might head to the airport NOW to make sure I don't miss my flight even though I don't leave til Wednesday! Hah! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 4 Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
DionFanAlways Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:51 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:51 AM (edited) They just tweeted these. Interviews coming! Edited August 25, 2015 at 01:52 AM by DionFanAlways 6 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
MrTim212 Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:54 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:54 AM Oh and THAT'S THE WAY IT IS might be performed?? This is TOO MUCH. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Quote je me changerai en or pour que tu m'aimes encore
nuts2you Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:56 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 01:56 AM I saw that to, but not sure what interview that's from Quote
ehild Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:00 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:00 AM They just tweeted these. Interviews coming!Just saw this too! 2 Quote ~Liz"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine
nuts2you Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:03 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:03 AM thought that Id post this here Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.