chocolatechip15 Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:09 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:09 AM I've been thinking about him wanting to die in her arms all day and actually how beautiful that is even though it is incredibly sad. Isnt that what everyone wants in the end? If we could all be so lucky to be held by our loved ones. Just shows how deep their love is for each other. They are such an example of love to me, one I will always admire. I feel the same way. As heartbreaking as this is, in a way they're lucky. If there is a "good" way to die, this would be it-- surrounded by a loving family; having time to say goodbye, as Celine said in March. As much as the cancer has attacked Rene's body, his mind is still whole, he's still expressing his love for Celine, and I'm sure for his children, wanting to know they'll be ok . . . I think of older people I know who've gotten sick -- who lashed out at others, maybe b/c they didn't know how to handle it -- yelling at everyone, refusing help, being so angry and difficult that a visiting nurse service refused to send anyone else to his house (sad but true). Or others who have Alzheimer's, who stop recognizing their own children - so tragic. At least Rene has remained himself, still giving love. How treasured Celine must feel, that he wants to die in her arms. It's a gift for him -- that she will be there for him -- but a gift for her too. Remember what she said about Karine dying in her arms . . that they say in French "accompagner quelqu'un" - to accompany someone. It's a gift, too. It seems like Rene and Celine are both trying to make an extremely difficult time as good as possible for the other. They are an inspiration. 4 Quote
québecflower Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:23 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:23 AM i guess that Overjoyed won't be there now...making place for her songs.. 3 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Cheri Marie Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:27 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:27 AM That first show is going to be brutal for everyone in the theatre. Especially for her...yes. I will be driving back home from helping to pass out ribbons when some of you find your seats. I can hear in my head the collective holding of breath, waiting for her to make the first move and say something. Then some turkey, who loves her very much, yells out we love you and her bottom lip starts to quiver and she looses it. Follow her lead, let her make that first hurdle, let her get her feet wet. You'll probably be able to tell she got past it when she gets past that exhale moment and she will have that, okay now I can do this look on her face. And then the rest is downhill. I will pass out my number to whoever and if they want to meet for a drink after and share the whole thing I will come back. We can toast to her and Rene for as long as we can stand up! I cannot fathom what a pro she is and how they will manage to get past this weekend much less the weeks beyond. Inspirational......you bet. 1 Quote
Popular Post Nmj Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:34 AM Popular Post Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:34 AM I don't care what songs she will sing, what she wears, how she looks, what the stage looks like, how many celebrities are in attendance, or anything of that sort. But will someone PLEASE record opening night for us fans, that won't be able to be there for Cèline and René that night. Being able to watch will make us feel closer as a fan base, and as a community, even if forming support from afar, I hope Cèline and René will feel all the positive vibes that we will be sending from even beyond the Coliseum, beyond Vegas, and beyond the United States. We love you Cèline and René, you will always be a true team and class acts in every thing you do. 15 Quote
Celinenvegas Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:50 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 02:50 AM They just tweeted these. Interviews coming! http://www.etonline.com/news/170578_celine_dion_says_theres_going_to_be_a_lot_of_strength_her_las_vegas_shows_after_a_year_long_hiatus/ Looks like this one from Entertainment Tonight, airing Tuesday night. 3 Quote ~J O E Y~
celinemaniac07 Posted August 25, 2015 at 03:37 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 03:37 AM ok so the USAToday article was very deep, serious and gut wrenching..celine sounded very down, worried, upset, and it was very upsetting to read. Now with this new interview video she looks fantastic, seems to be in postive spirits, making jokes and sounding happy at the moment. I am very happy for this. She seems to be doing ok at the moment and I think she will of course be very emotional at times during the show, but I also think she wants to have fun and celebrate everything that is positive right now. I am very happy to see this new video with her in better spirits and looking a bit more happy...the USAToday article was all doom and gloom. The show is in just a few days so its good to have some positive things coming as well! Quote
JCeline85 Posted August 25, 2015 at 03:50 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 03:50 AM (edited) Wow she's trending world wide... I have a strong feeling that Renee will pass shortly after her opening night.. He wants to see her perform one last time.. So sad Edited August 25, 2015 at 03:51 AM by JCeline85 Quote The Wait Is Over?
browseceline Posted August 25, 2015 at 04:15 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 04:15 AM Looks like this video shows a better Celine. Now hope Rene is doing well too and how grear it would be if he can attend this very important special opening night. Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
stevo Posted August 25, 2015 at 05:44 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 05:44 AM (edited) I am confident that Celine will absolutely smash opening night- in the pics and those tweets of the interviews we've seen she looks very happy and focused. God knows she's going through hell- but she's going to do what she always does. What a journey we're all on together with Celine. Aren't we all so lucky that that day, something clicked and made us love her?! THE BEST. Ps VERY excited and a bit nervous to see her on British TV again as she was interviewed by Good Morning Britain...not sure when it'll be aired yet Edited August 25, 2015 at 06:01 AM by stevo 5 Quote
browseceline Posted August 25, 2015 at 06:29 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 06:29 AM http://m.etonline.com/news/170578_celine_dion_says_theres_going_to_be_a_lot_of_strength_her_las_vegas_shows_after_a_year_long_hiatus/ Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk 1 Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Davey84 Posted August 25, 2015 at 06:39 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 06:39 AM Damn she looks so strong and confident! Admiration level through the roof!! And bout that shirt..... oh men we van only hope! although I don't get DYHWIH... It's a Christmas song and it's not on her regular albums 4 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
celinemaniac07 Posted August 25, 2015 at 07:05 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 07:05 AM (edited) Many people are saying they have a feeling Rene will pass shortly after opening night....we all love Celine and Rene but the fact is we do not know all the details..only that Rene is still ill, he has good and bad days and they do not know what the future will bring...I do not believe he is on deaths door at the moment..atleast i certainly hope that is not the case. Opening night is only two days away..so close now! I hope Rene will be able to attend since it was his very own wish to see his love sing on the Las Vegas stage again. Tomorrow more news will be coming. Edited August 25, 2015 at 07:12 AM by celinemaniac07 1 Quote
celinemaniac07 Posted August 25, 2015 at 07:11 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 07:11 AM On a much more positve note...we will soon hear the songs live with new band members and of course the new musical director. It will be very interesting to see how and if they freshen up the arrangements. I have a strong feeling they will add a different energy to the songs that will turn out fantastic. I wonder if they will keep the IACBTMW/POL Medley since Mego was most likely the one who put that arrangement together..granted it was only combining the two in the middle, but maybe they will change it up and she will sing them both in full seperately. Since she has a new band and musical director I hope they bring fresh new arrangements to the songs! Only two days to find out how it will all come together Quote
Davey84 Posted August 25, 2015 at 08:10 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 08:10 AM (edited) For some positivity in the forum, I stopped by Caesar's this afternoon and checked out the boutique. On the way into Caesar's, they were playing "Real Emotion" outside and throughout the hotel and casino. And she's up on the posters outside of the Colosseum doors and throughout the casino. When I got to the boutique, they were unboxing some t-shirts, I'm not sure if they're new or not, but I don't think I've seen them before. One of them has her name and the "Celine" part is silver with song titles and song lyrics written inside. The songs on there are "My Heart Will Go On," "Where Does My Heart Beat Now," "It's All Coming Back to Me Now," "The Power of Love," "Love Can Move Mountains," I'm Your Angel," "Let's Talk About Love," "Loved Me Back to Life," The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," "I Surrender," "Can't Help Falling in Love," "When I Fall in Love," "Do You Hear What I Hear," "If You Could See Me Now," and "That's the Way It Is." I have no idea if this shirt is related to the show in any way, but we might see some of them on Thursday. I talked to one of the ladies there and when I asked about any new merchandise coming on Thursday, she said yes (I asked specifically about a program). I just noticed it doesn't mention BYLM! Could this mean they finally had the balls to remove one of those TPOL/IACBTMN/BYLM/MHWGO standards?! Edited August 25, 2015 at 08:11 AM by Davey84 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
browseceline Posted August 25, 2015 at 08:19 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 08:19 AM (edited) but I agree mentioning - do you hear what i hear seems a bit odd...but maybe they are waiting to use that one next christmas;-) Exciting tracklist though! Not saying they will be in the show of course. I still hope then you look at me will be in the show as well. But we will know that soon. Edited August 25, 2015 at 08:20 AM by browseceline Quote <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
cdurand54 Posted August 25, 2015 at 08:29 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 08:29 AM If you could see me now, really ???? That would be awesome to add this type of song !!! This could work in a medley of some 90s oldies : If you asked me to, Water from the Moon, I love you goodbye and If you could see me now ! I would totally agree if they add some ''never-sung'' gems like this one ! 2 Quote
stevo Posted August 25, 2015 at 09:17 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 09:17 AM If she starts the show with LTAL I will have an actual prolapse. An actual Celine Classic. A beautiful song and a Kerr t way to start a show in my opinion. You go to a Celine show to Talk Love. 2 Quote
ryba Posted August 25, 2015 at 09:29 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 09:29 AM I agree, starting with LTAL would be amazing! I also hope that all the covers and the bad interludes are gone 2 Quote
ryba Posted August 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 10:08 AM New clip: https://www.facebook.com/fabricecelinedionblogspot/videos/10153597709862139/?fref=nf 1 Quote
PuraVida Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:03 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:03 AM (edited) "Do You Hear What I Hear" Huh? As far as I remember she sang that only once...for a Christmas special. Edit: If that song list is correct, it's a marked improvement! Still a little far from my ideal (especially when Barnev is taking Clive Griffin's place on When I Fall in Love), but I am so so so happy that First Time Ever I Saw Your Face is included. Edited August 25, 2015 at 11:17 AM by PuraVida 1 Quote
Allysadreams Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM (edited) I just noticed it doesn't mention BYLM! Could this mean they finally had the balls to remove one of those TPOL/IACBTMN/BYLM/MHWGO standards?! On a much more positve note...we will soon hear the songs live with new band members and of course the new musical director. It will be very interesting to see how and if they freshen up the arrangements. I have a strong feeling they will add a different energy to the songs that will turn out fantastic. I wonder if they will keep the IACBTMW/POL Medley since Mego was most likely the one who put that arrangement together..granted it was only combining the two in the middle, but maybe they will change it up and she will sing them both in full seperately. Since she has a new band and musical director I hope they bring fresh new arrangements to the songs! Only two days to find out how it will all come together Wow 'If you could see me now' from the Celine Dion album is one of my favourite Celine songs ever, i've always wanted to see her perform it live, it's such an underated song. It was never released as a single, so it's kind of strange it's listed on the t shirt for no reason, makes me wonder if it will be included on the set list Edited August 25, 2015 at 11:12 AM by Allysadreams Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
ImAliveUK Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM If she opened with LTAL I will actually have a seizure right there! Because she has opened a tour with it before makes me think she won't BUT - it is perfect way to start the vegas show - there's not really a point in it they could utilise the curtain drop, so that may have gone - but some amazing visuals of her touring around the world would be perfect!!! See you Thursday!!! Kev 1 Quote
artistman2007 Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:25 AM She's acting really strong in those interviews,but when she was asked what can we excpect from the show she kept talking about rene and the strength I mean I understand ofcourse but the lady meant about the show ,anyways still very hard wish her all the best . Quote
Jessyka Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:29 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:29 AM I can't even begin to care about the set list or a new album. It's unimportant right now. This is hell and it's also beautiful that Celine is going through with all of this just to please the man she loves. My heart aches. There's nothing we can do except send good vibes and support. This ^ Just when I thought it was impossible to love and admire her even more, she proves me wrong. 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
CelineDionFreak Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:39 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:39 AM When she was asked about the new show... I think maybe they've told her not to say anything, basically song titles. I think they want it to be a surprise for all of us, ya know? Can't wait! 2 Quote I didn't know love until they loved me back to life because somebody loves somebody!Le temps qui compte pour Celine est maintenant!
DionFanAlways Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:42 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:42 AM http://www.etonline....ar_long_hiatus/ Looks like this one from Entertainment Tonight, airing Tuesday night.She Looks Amazing! She does put some of my fear to rest because she does seem to really be happy to return! Thanks 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
DionFanAlways Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:48 AM New clip: https://www.facebook...862139/?fref=nfI find this one interesting. He asked good questions. 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
flutefreak Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:53 AM Posted August 25, 2015 at 11:53 AM I feel the same way. As heartbreaking as this is, in a way they're lucky. If there is a "good" way to die, this would be it-- surrounded by a loving family; having time to say goodbye, as Celine said in March. As much as the cancer has attacked Rene's body, his mind is still whole, he's still expressing his love for Celine, and I'm sure for his children, wanting to know they'll be ok . . . I think of older people I know who've gotten sick -- who lashed out at others, maybe b/c they didn't know how to handle it -- yelling at everyone, refusing help, being so angry and difficult that a visiting nurse service refused to send anyone else to his house (sad but true). Or others who have Alzheimer's, who stop recognizing their own children - so tragic. At least Rene has remained himself, still giving love. How treasured Celine must feel, that he wants to die in her arms. It's a gift for him -- that she will be there for him -- but a gift for her too. Remember what she said about Karine dying in her arms . . that they say in French "accompagner quelqu'un" - to accompany someone. It's a gift, too. It seems like Rene and Celine are both trying to make an extremely difficult time as good as possible for the other. They are an inspiration. My sentiments exactly, I keep thinking about what she said about Karine too. 1 Quote
J-Man Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:00 PM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:00 PM Since the very first time I played Celine Dion (my very first Celine album) I have dreamed of hearing her sing what was, is (and probably always will be), my favourite Celine song on stage. Now finally, almost 25 years later that dream looks to be coming true! I only hope that I can get to Vegas to hear it live sometime in the next 12 months.Thank you Celine, If you could see me now, you'd know how happy you made me today. 1 Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
DionFanAlways Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM Posted August 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM If the shirt is the "setlist" ;) surely she won't be singing IYA and 'Do You Hear What I Hear' every night. Would that make sense? So they must have some others to rotate in.I was hoping for SLS and WAAF........ABM is not there and like Davey said BYLM is not there either! 2 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.