LuisMa Posted November 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM Posted November 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM Yes, I think so. And still without support from Radio 1, it will be a marvelous opening. 1 Quote
Popular Post wjd Posted November 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM Popular Post Posted November 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM (edited) I've now subscribed to Music Week - the UK's version of Billboard - so I'll be able to bring you the UK chart postions in all the various charts for all of Céline's albums/songs for the forseeable future! Edited November 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM by wjd 10 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Allysadreams Posted November 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM (edited) Sainsburys, which is one of the main supermarkets in the UK has Celine's album in their number 1 chart position and there's a huge poster of her album just before you walk into the main doors ☺️ Anyone hazarding a guess on first week sales in the uk? I'll say about 65, 000 although 100,000 would be great...When will we find out? Edited November 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM by Allysadreams 2 Quote 'Love Doesn't Ask Why, it speaks from the heart.....'
wjd Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:13 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:13 AM I am a manager for Sainsbury's, I can confirm that Céline has been Sainsbury's #1 album since about 4 hours after it went on sale - I actually broke the news on Monday! And she's been #1 on our daily chart ever since!! Amazing success. With regards to first week UK sales, she'd sold 40k up until last night - so she's still got Friday & Saturday sales to factor in - I reckon she'll top out at between 55-60k. 5 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
mike_z Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:31 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:31 AM I am a manager for Sainsbury's, I can confirm that Céline has been Sainsbury's #1 album since about 4 hours after it went on sale - I actually broke the news on Monday! And she's been #1 on our daily chart ever since!! Amazing success. With regards to first week UK sales, she'd sold 40k up until last night - so she's still got Friday & Saturday sales to factor in - I reckon she'll top out at between 55-60k. So how good is that number for the UK?What were TC's first week sales? 1 Quote
boyblackuk Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:57 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:57 AM I could be wrong but I think she sold about 54000 with TC in the first week in the uk 1 Quote
uk28uk28 Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:05 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:05 AM The following is HMV Canada's top 10 CDs based on national sales for the week ending Nov. 16.CDs1 The Marshall Mathers LP 2 _ Eminem2 Loved Me Back to Life _ Celine Dion3 Artpop _ Lady Gaga4 Wild Life _ Hedley5 Avril Lavigne _ Avril Lavigne6 Reflektor _ Arcade Fire7 New _ Paul McCartney8 On Air - Live at the BBC, Volume 2 _ The Beatles9 Prism _ Katy Perry10 Live at the BBC: The Collection _ The BeatlesShe's ahead of Gaga! HMV is the biggest in english Canada. She'll be for sure #1 in Québec, so that's a very good sign, right? 3 Quote
divaslive98 Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:11 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:11 AM Im not really sure that ur theory about soundtracks is correct to be honest... specially when it comes to soundtracks that are performed almost totally by 1 artist... take a look at this page from RIIA... http://riaa.com/gold...=top-100-albums u'll see that bodyguard soundtrack comes under the name of whitney Houston... and tho some positions below it comes titanic and the name of the artist is SOUNDTRACK... that's why I think there's 2 different cases when it comes to the OST albums... I think when the majority of the ost is by one only artist they do count as a personal album... On Titanic one only MHWGO was by Celine so logically it wouldn't count (and the song was on her own cd too)... anyway I guess this would be a question to ask someone that is better informed... The question is, did MHWGO move all of the total physical singles and albums sold featuring the song, or did each release sell itself? Did people purchase the Titanic soundtrack thinking it was the Celine album or was it vice versa? What were the underlying motivations behind this rare frenzy of consumption, was it that the song MHWGO jumped registers and became like a Tamigotchi, something that must be acquired at all costs, or was it that the movie itself had so many fans that any one of the possible albums to purchase in relation to the film became interchangeable? Did Celine profit off of the movie, or did the movie profit off of Celine? These are interesting questions to explore, although this probably isn't the right topic for them. Personally, though, I think that Celine herself was the reason for the success of the soundtrack; both albums offered a different experience of listening to the one song above all others, the aural manifestation of the Heart of the Ocean, something more powerful and moving even than the movie itself. The song's success set the precedent for the Titanic CD frenzy that followed, perhaps the greatest of all pop culture buying hysterias of all time in terms of the sheer number of units sold. It really was like Bodyguard and Thriller combined when you think about it. Quote
mike_z Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:10 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:10 AM The following is HMV Canada's top 10 CDs based on national sales for the week ending Nov. 16.CDs1 The Marshall Mathers LP 2 _ Eminem2 Loved Me Back to Life _ Celine Dion3 Artpop _ Lady Gaga4 Wild Life _ Hedley5 Avril Lavigne _ Avril Lavigne6 Reflektor _ Arcade Fire7 New _ Paul McCartney8 On Air - Live at the BBC, Volume 2 _ The Beatles9 Prism _ Katy Perry10 Live at the BBC: The Collection _ The Beatles She's ahead of Gaga! HMV is the biggest in english Canada. She'll be for sure #1 in Québec, so that's a very good sign, right? yeah! she'll probably be #2 as Eminem's second week will probably be stronger than those of Celine in Quebec! but we'll see! Quote
uk28uk28 Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:24 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:24 AM (edited) So I was thinking: - she'll probably sold 300,000k in Canada ( SA sold 230k+ being a French album)- let's say she does 350k in the US as well (there are already 100k in 2 weeks, Xmas to come, the CBS Special...)- I'd say 250k in France with the promo, concerts...- I believe 350k in the UK can be expected as the first week looks pretty good, Xmas to come, Dancing with... There are 1.25 million in only 4 countries. She might be able to sell 1.5 million ww until Xmas. I think TC sold 2 million. Pretty good! Edited November 16, 2013 at 04:25 AM by uk28uk28 1 Quote
joka123 Posted November 16, 2013 at 07:57 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 07:57 AM Not enough radio play her songs. And no music video means nothing on music channels too. 1 Quote
joka123 Posted November 16, 2013 at 08:01 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 08:01 AM Do we have a list of major radios email adress to request LMBTL? Everyone in here should do it at the same time Quote
khader Posted November 16, 2013 at 08:52 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 08:52 AM (edited) #6 iTunes France Albums chart #48 iTunes France Songs chart ------------------------------------------ #9 iTunes UK Albums Chart #19 iTunes UK Songs Chart ------------------------------------------ #6 iTunes Canada Albums Chart#54 iTunes Canada Songs Chart ------------------------------------------ #5 iTunes Poland Albums Chart Edited November 16, 2013 at 08:52 AM by khader 2 Quote
khader Posted November 16, 2013 at 08:59 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 08:59 AM FRANCE PROMO Celine Dion on the top with the special of TMCcaptured 920,000 viewers, 3.7% of the publichttp://www.jeanmarcm...pectateurs.html 1 Quote
Stuart2007 Posted November 16, 2013 at 09:04 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 09:04 AM Not enough radio play her songs. And no music video means nothing on music channels too. I agree with you about the lack of radio airplay a widespread problem. However there is a music video of the Quebec performance. When the song charts in the uk tomorrow I expect to see that video played on MTVs uk top 40. If not I'm gonna have to email them to complain about their un-official top 40 and hope others here will join me. 2 Quote
Miha Posted November 16, 2013 at 09:58 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 09:58 AM I agree with you about the lack of radio airplay a widespread problem. However there is a music video of the Quebec performance. When the song charts in the uk tomorrow I expect to see that video played on MTVs uk top 40. If not I'm gonna have to email them to complain about their un-official top 40 and hope others here will join me.Funny yesterday I just accidentally watched uk top 40 but while I was switching channels I missed all positions.But I guess that was the past week edition right? Is it on sunday the new edition airs?I'm totally out of MTV scene for years now.... Quote
Popular Post khader Posted November 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM Popular Post Posted November 16, 2013 at 10:39 AM (edited) CHART NEWS: Loved Me Back To Life has already been certified TRIPLE PLATINUM in Canada for 240,000 copies distributed. Congratulations Celine! Edited November 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM by khader 8 Quote
Stuart2007 Posted November 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM Funny yesterday I just accidentally watched uk top 40 but while I was switching channels I missed all positions.But I guess that was the past week edition right? Is it on sunday the new edition airs?I'm totally out of MTV scene for years now.... Tomorrow at 10.30am MTV hits have the official chart update. Then its 9pm Monday the offical top 40, even if they don't play LMBTL they still have to mention it on the chart. Radio 1 is unlikely to play the song (they didn't play Taking Chances in 2007) but again they have to mention it and play a short clip. 1 Quote
takingchances83 Posted November 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM Posted November 16, 2013 at 10:54 AM do radio 1 only play top10 in full? if song got to 10 i think they would have to play it? Quote
marc-02 Posted November 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM (edited) CHART NEWS: Loved Me Back To Life has already been certified TRIPLE PLATINUM in Canada for 240,000 copies distributed. Congratulations Celine! 240k total after two weeks? She sold 106k in the first week... so does it mean the album sold 134k on the second week? So the sales actually grew? Thats rare. But i read here also that eminem cpuld be claiming the top spot from her this week? Edited November 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM by marc-02 Quote
rhapsodion Posted November 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM 240k total after two weeks? She sold 106k in the first week... so does it mean the album sold 134k on the second week? So the sales actually grew? Thats rare. But i read here also that eminem cpuld be claiming the top spot from her this week? I think they certify album by the numbers of copies that have been shipped to record stores, not really the numbers of copies that were sold to consumers. Quote
Moleque20 Posted November 16, 2013 at 01:04 PM Author Posted November 16, 2013 at 01:04 PM (edited) UK iTunes: LMBTL (single) is out of top20, #22. Edited November 16, 2013 at 01:22 PM by Moleque20 Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
wjd Posted November 16, 2013 at 01:41 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 01:41 PM I think they certify album by the numbers of copies that have been shipped to record stores, not really the numbers of copies that were sold to consumers. That is correct. Sony have distributed 240,000 copies to retail - record certifications are almost always based on shipments [so whenever you hear GOLD or PLATINUM, it'll almost certainly be based on record company shipments]. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Jimnezis Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:54 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 02:54 PM Guys I live in Greece the last 3 months but I purchased the album from the UK iTunes Store!!! Do you think it's gonna end up at #2 with 60k sales? Quote
nuts2you Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:08 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:08 PM does anybody have any clue what kind of number the US has in sales? Quote
Moleque20 Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:11 PM Author Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:11 PM I am afraid that despite the christmas-push in sales, the album will fail to achieve the gold status in the USA. Quote Les étoiles tombent une à une. Mes émois sont de saturne.
mike_z Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:26 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:26 PM Tomorrow at 10.30am MTV hits have the official chart update. Then its 9pm Monday the offical top 40, even if they don't play LMBTL they still have to mention it on the chart. Radio 1 is unlikely to play the song (they didn't play Taking Chances in 2007) but again they have to mention it and play a short clip. Cher's IHYFI didn't have a video either. What did they play? And this song is very likely to achieve a much better position than "Taking Chances" Does that means there's are better chances of the song to be broadcasted on BBC1? Quote
mike_z Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:28 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 03:28 PM UK iTunes: LMBTL (single) is out of top20, #22. it's sad but still I'm very satisfied. I thought this was going to happen only 2 days after the x factor. Sales were pretty constant the whole week, as for other songs that climbed over her and went down again. She really has a shot at TOP 15! What do UK guys think? 1 Quote
Katie Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:29 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:29 PM So I was thinking: - she'll probably sold 300,000k in Canada ( SA sold 230k+ being a French album)- let's say she does 350k in the US as well (there are already 100k in 2 weeks, Xmas to come, the CBS Special...)- I'd say 250k in France with the promo, concerts...- I believe 350k in the UK can be expected as the first week looks pretty good, Xmas to come, Dancing with... There are 1.25 million in only 4 countries. She might be able to sell 1.5 million ww until Xmas. I think TC sold 2 million. Pretty good! TC:3.5 Million sales+shipments Quote
marc-02 Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:38 PM Posted November 16, 2013 at 04:38 PM TC:3.5 Million sales+shipments You dont add sales and shipments because sales is a portion of shipments... but yeah, TC's figures are around 3.5 million... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.