Jump to content

Loved Me Back To Life - Worldwide Charts/Sales Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

 

Oh God! I didn't know Eminen had been that close! phewwwww! :P

 

So glad Céline took the toll!

all last week I knew it was going to be close and I was just hoping that she would beat him and be #1 in Canada.
Instagram: @delphis78
Posted

Ouch!

 

This is underperforming big time. Even Sony must be aghast at the dismal numbers. It makes you wonder if that promo in December will be scaled back as I'm sure they had set a budget, and now that the returns are smaller, that they might cut that budget. Business 101.

 

It's a shame really - it's her best album in a long time but its underperforming.

 

It's good that the album is a worldwide success. I hope they just realize their marketing scheme has not been successful in the US and they will do it right with INCREDIBLE as the next single!

  • Like 2
Posted

I don't believe 220 millions are unrealistic because Celine's sales numbers are not updated since more than a decade. And if we include the soundtracks, Celine has probably over 250 million albums sold.

 

“Falling into You” and “Let's Talk About Love” were major successes everybody Knows. But since 1999 that these albums are presented with sales of 32 and 31 million copies, respectively.

 

Aren't these albums (and others like "The Color of My Love", "All The Way... A Decade of Song" or "A New Day Has Come") still selling?

;)

220m is the number of records Celine sold, but people mistake the words ''albums'' and ''records''. James Horner takes credit for the sales of ''Titanic''.
Posted

 

Time for Celine to release "Standards and classics volume I" :giggle:

 

Please don't even joke about that. My ears are still recovering from O Holy Night.

Posted

In the music industry, I believe "record" means album....vinyls were called records back in the day, so they still use the term.

No. It's a mistake people make. They confound these words. There is no way Celine sold 220m copies of her studio, live and compilation albums. Her roof is 175-180m!
Posted

Gawds! It's falling in US but with nothing out there getting played on the radio no wonder :-(

Hopefully December promo will pull it back up

I never even knew the song the orchestra was playing........

 

Glasgow SECC, November 1996

Edinburgh Murrayfield, July 1999

Las Vegas, Collosuem November 2005

An Audience With, ITV Studios November 2007

Manchester MEN Arena - 2 May 2008

London 02 Arena - 6 May 2008

Birmingham NIA - 10 May 2008

Nice, France - 5 July 2008

Posted (edited)

Javascript is not enabled OR refresh the page to view

Click here to view the Tweet

 

A 2,000 difference.... so close! I bet Rene had to rush to a music store and buy more than 2,000 copies on the last minute just to make sure her wife beats eminem at least in her own country hahaha

Edited by marc-02
  • Like 5
Posted

We all know that INCREDIBLE is getting released at some point.

And they said that there is further promotion planned to keep the album selling through the holidays.

 

I'm really hoping that INCREDIBLE/NeYo will give the album the fire it needs in the US. The album deserves it.

  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

No. It's a mistake people make. They confound these words. There is no way Celine sold 220m copies of her studio, live and compilation albums. Her roof is 175-180m!

 

Yup i agree that the 220m refers to RECORDS (albums + singles... not including Titanic coz thats not her album) and not Albums (which is just around 180m go to celinedioncharts.com for a breakdown)...

Edited by marc-02
  • Like 1
Posted

 

 

Please don't even joke about that. My ears are still recovering from O Holy Night.

'O Holy Night' is beautiful. Best and favorite song on TAST not to mention she is known for having one of the best renditions of it

  • Like 6

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpg

January 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas

Posted

'O Holy Night' is beautiful. Best and favorite song on TAST not to mention she is known for having one of the best renditions of it

 

I think he's talking about Ms. Boyle's version...

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

 

 

I think he's talking about Ms. Boyle's version...

 

I just can't stand the song. Not even Celine's voice is enough to get me to sit through it. When I saw it made the top 40 of her songs in the uk (see link on previous page) I did a double take.

Posted

 

 

omg...it's one of Celine's finest vocal performances...it's just bombastic.

It's what and angel would sound like. Her vocals out out of this world on that track. Only Christmas song I listen to all year round.

  • Like 6

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5fc8ed1dcd8690c2a8e2cad08629e4ba/tumblr_mrwbegFInv1rothmmo1_500.jpg

January 5, 2013 -- Las Vegas August 18, 2013 -- Las Vegas

Posted

omg...it's one of Celine's finest vocal performances...it's just bombastic.

 

I agree... it's heavenly.

 

BTW now that we've seen the worst from the US just sit back and relax. Anything in december with Xmas sales and some possible promo for INCREDIBLE will be good news!

  • Like 3
Posted

Call me pessimistic but I don't think 'Incredible' or any other single will save this album. In this day and age where you can buy the song on iTunes or Amazon (or illegally download it) studies have shown that most people opt to do just that for a song they like and not buy the album.

 

It'll take a miracle to make this album a success.

Posted
It does beg the question where have all Celine's US fans gone?
  • Like 2

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted

It does beg the question where have all Celine's US fans gone?

 

They haven't gone anywhere. They just don't know she has something new. One of my coworkers loves Celine and had no clue she had a new album.

Posted

They haven't gone anywhere. They just don't know she has something new. One of my coworkers loves Celine and had no clue she had a new album.

True, told my good friend who also loves Celine that she needed to go get the new album. My Friend who lives in Florida said I had no idea she had a new CD but I know she has a house here LOL! I guess they got the promo right for something...

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Of course it won't.

 

Not unless something drastic happens. At this rate, the album will be out of the top 100 in the next 3 weeks.

 

I knew this would happen. Many were too confident that her album will do well just because her name is "Celine Dion". I told you guys, she needs to switch to another record label .

  • Like 1
Posted
Well she has been working her A$# to promote it....I think that maybe people are waiting to buy it for Xmas...let's hope Columbia has something up their sleeve (Xmas promo or something like CBS)?
Posted (edited)

Where's Mariah's fans?

Where's Avril's fans?

 

Look at Paul Mccartney's figures, and he's far bigger than Celine

 

C'est la vie

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
  • Like 1
Posted

 

True, told my good friend who also loves Celine that she needed to go get the new album. My Friend who lives in Florida said I had no idea she had a new CD but I know she has a house here LOL! I guess they got the promo right for something...

 

I live in Florida. Maybe I'm the only person in this state who knew about it? lol

  • Like 1
Posted
... u know here there's no promotion at all so far as i don't see any poster or so... not sure why Sony Australia is not promoting her new album at all.... they r busy promoting other singers but not her..... don't get it... they should do something about it....

Courage don't you dare fail me now!

post-129-1267909378_thumb.jpgpost-129-1303908160_thumb.jpg

Posted

The figures for the U.S are low period! Including everybody! Look at lady gaga! Less thank 260k opening week for her is wayyyyy below expectations ---they were predicting 300-400k and born this way only a few years ago from her opened with 1.1 million---Celine's numbers are pathetic yes , but so are everybody's in comparison ---nobody is buying

 

Celine should see a spike after Black Friday and if she does some promo in December

 

Surely to god this will go gold--never thought I'd say that LOL

Posted

I've actually been a fan of Sia since 2005 when she released the song "Breathe Me". It was featured in quite a few television programs and she even toured the U.S. She may not have been mainstream, but that doesn't mean that nobody knew who she was. Relatively, it just means that you didn't know who she was. Christina Aguilera is not the reason that Sia's name was given exposure. Industry people knew who she was, and she had her own fan base. Christina's albums have gone downhill since "Back to Basics" partially in part to bad singles being chosen (umm..."Keeps Gettin Better"? Really? VOMIT), and also in part to the fact that Christina's image in the media is that of a b.i.t.c.h. Her fame now is on "The Voice", not for her music. In fact, I don't think she's even that great anymore. She knows how to do the same run in every song she sings live, and she has one volume...and it's LOUD. Not candy to my ears by any means. She's lost the color to her voice, she doesn't use any dynamic to breathe life into what she is singing.

 

 

 

Titanic soundtrack numbers have nothing to do with Celine's album sales. Just as with Whitney Houston, The Bodyguard counts separate as a soundtrack, and not a formal album.

not gonna discuss here with u Xtina's career and the reason's why her two last albums flopped (apparently LMBTL goes on the same direction as Bionic and Lotus)... as for the soundtracks TITANIC soundtrack doesn't count as a Celine Dion album but The Bodyguard does for Whitney as almost all the OST was sung by her...

Taking Chances Freak

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/helio_polis/CpiadeDSCF4482.jpg

Posted

Celine has sold over 220m records, not albums. Records = Albums+Singles+DVD sales. The least Celine sold is 175m Albums + 48m Singles + 5m DVDs = 228m records.

they never said records... they said ALBUMS... which means CDs... in 2004 she had sold 175 million albums already... after that she already had don't know how many releases and even the old albums it's not like they stop selling them (there's old albums from her that I still don't have today... many to be honest)...

Taking Chances Freak

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/helio_polis/CpiadeDSCF4482.jpg

Posted

not gonna discuss here with u Xtina's career and the reason's why her two last albums flopped (apparently LMBTL goes on the same direction as Bionic and Lotus)... as for the soundtracks TITANIC soundtrack doesn't count as a Celine Dion album but The Bodyguard does for Whitney as almost all the OST was sung by her...

 

I'm just saying that you can't compare Xtina and Celine because Xtina is still considered a mainstream artist. So, someone like her where the radio would play a good song by her on top 40 can't be compared to Celine, who is now off the peak of her career. So a flop in Christina standards, is not a flop in Celine standards based on where they both are in their careers now.

 

Soundtracks do not count as albums. They are a different entity from being a formal album. I remember reading an article that said "The Bodyguard Soundtrack" was not included in Whitney's formal album sales. Even on Wikipedia, it's not listed in her formal studio album discography. Neither is "The Preacher's Wife Soundtrack" which was not only performed by Whitney, but she also co-produced the entire project. Soundtracks are totally separate from studio albums.

  • Like 1

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

OMG.

 

I somehow missed that projection for Gaga (240-260k)

 

That's a massive drop.

 

I don't feel so bad about Celine anymore...if someone like gaga can't manage 300k, it's no shock Celine struggled to get 100k in 2013

  • Like 1
Posted
Ok the sales were lower than people expected, but it's not been out even a month yet and most if you are writing it ( and Celine ) off. If you are expecting sales like FIY, LTAB etc, you are in the wrong era my friends.
  • Like 2

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3239/kylieima5lp9.jpg

How do you describe a feeling??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...