Davey84 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:05 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:05 AM D: That's shocking. That means that without the QVC #'s she's on par with Cher Also LMAO @ whoever thinks it's all Sony's fault that she stopped selling 20 million copies an album in 2013. I don't agree with a lot of their decisions, but what delusional world do you live in where an artist maintains that kind of success 30 years into their career? I am that whoever and no I am not delusional! I don't believe that Celine can sell 20 million of a record anymore, duh! that's almost impossible nowadays, but I am realistic here. If LMBTL really only sells 70K in it's first week, then only 0,35% of who ever bought FIY, LTAL or ATW is still interested in buying a Celine record! And don't tell me they don't know about the new album, cos anyone who has visited her site, or facebook in the last few months knows she has a new album out! Where did those 20 million people go??? All I am saying is that if they choose the singles from ANDHC, OH and TC way more carefully and if she wasn't stuck in Vegas for the most of the 00's, then her popularity would be way bigger than it is today. Vegas was a gold mine for Celine and Rene, but it resulted in letting many believe Celine actually did retire in 1999 btw I don't think Celine has to fear Katy this week: her sales dropped with 68% in its second week, 'only' selling 92k, so this week it will be even less http://www.nu.nl/muziek/3621965/arcade-fire-verstoot-katy-perry-van-amerikaanse-nummer-1-plek.html 1 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Davey84 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:35 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:35 AM (edited) is that from Billboard Luis? Edited November 7, 2013 at 09:36 AM by Davey84 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
LuisMa Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:36 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:36 AM is that from Billboard Luis? No, it's the US Billboard estimates from Sony that I posted on the News thread a few weeks ago. Quote
Davey84 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:41 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:41 AM Ah I see! too bad it isn't an updated one Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/daveyh84/incognito198701_zpsaaootxh1.jpgRick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th
Jessyka Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM Why does nobody realize that it doesn't matter if another single is released. This isn't Celine's hey day anymore!! The numbers projected are still impressive for 2013 for an artist like Celine who is not in the mainstream anymore. This isn't 1997...she's not going to be all over radio, shes not going to be number 1 for weeks on end, hell she may never even have another number 1. It could happen, but it's less than probable. Exactly.I won't worry about sales and #1's.I just want to enjoy the album, which I love, and enjoy the fact that we have new music from Celine. 2 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
khader Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Now #6 US iTunes Albums Chart Quote
Xpresso Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM I am that whoever and no I am not delusional! I don't believe that Celine can sell 20 million of a record anymore, duh! that's almost impossible nowadays, but I am realistic here. If LMBTL really only sells 70K in it's first week, then only 0,35% of who ever bought FIY, LTAL or ATW is still interested in buying a Celine record! And don't tell me they don't know about the new album, cos anyone who has visited her site, or facebook in the last few months knows she has a new album out! Where did those 20 million people go??? All I am saying is that if they choose the singles from ANDHC, OH and TC way more carefully and if she wasn't stuck in Vegas for the most of the 00's, then her popularity would be way bigger than it is today. Vegas was a gold mine for Celine and Rene, but it resulted in letting many believe Celine actually did retire in 1999 btw I don't think Celine has to fear Katy this week: her sales dropped with 68% in its second week, 'only' selling 92k, so this week it will be even less http://www.nu.nl/muz...mer-1-plek.html Davey, I can't resist to tell you that you are contradicting yourself here a bit... If those 20 million people know Céline has a new album if they visited her website, facebook page, etc. well I suppose they also know that she hasn't retired if they did indeed visit her website, facebook page, etc. Just playing the devil's advocate... Quote
manu23 Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM People saying they don't care how much this album sells my start thinking it will mean less investment in future projects, longer periods between albums... The success of SA changed what they had planned for the English album. A flop now would probably change things in the future. Anyway, it's too soon, lets wait and see, I still hope Europe gives her a chance 1 Quote
BartFCS Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:05 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:05 PM People saying they don't care how much this album sells my start thinking it will mean less investment in future projects, longer periods between albums... The success of SA changed what they had planned for the English album. A flop now would probably change things in the future. Anyway, it's too soon, lets wait and see, I still hope Europe gives her a chanceI think it's way too early to call this album a flop. I'm waiting for UK promo. That could change everything even in USA. 2 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:32 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:32 PM Now #6 US iTunes Albums Chart Now #2 US iTunes Albums Chart http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html 7 Quote
LuisMa Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:38 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:38 PM How strange that this page shows that list and the iTunes store section on the program lists it at number 6. Quote
manilou Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:41 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 01:41 PM The one posted is older! It doesn't get updated a lot... So #6 is where the album is right now! Quote http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/idbH/bg=FFFFFF/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/columns=6/maxflags=248/viewers=3/labels=0/.jpg
mike_z Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:12 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:12 PM Guys, calm down! I was a bit shocked after the first estimated came up, but I think it has to do with the fact that the fans of Céline haven't really been in touch with the US charts + figures since 2007, so of course this looks "drastic". However, on the bright side, she's going to be the biggest seller of the week, above all new releases and established young acts except for the biggest seller of the XXIst century in America: Eminem. She's 45, she's been away for a long time and with no hit single managing to grab the #2 position is pretty extraordinary. Especially knowing the album does have legs and will probably keep on selling well through xmas! And Céline has something that the rest of the artist don't. In Canada, France, and many other countries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, she's still the queen. She manages to sell BIG and really BIG! That's something Mariah lost more than a decade ago. Shipments were accurate, you'll see! 4 Quote
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:23 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:23 PM Céline Dion on this week's Billboard Charts... Loved Me Back To Life Adult Contemporary: #27 [LW: #27] Billboard Canadian Hot 100: #52 [RE]Canadian Adult Contemporary: #46 [LW: #48]Hot Canadian Digital Songs: #29 [RE] Great re-entry on the Canadian Digital Songs chart! The Prayer Classical Digital Songs: #17 [LW: #11] 2 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
luciusbright Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:37 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:37 PM I think the position on the top 200 albums of billboard is what only matters, let's just wait and see. 1 Quote S'il suffisait d'aimer...
deccan Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:08 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:08 PM I began to listen Celine stuff in 90's when I was in an age innoocent of chart or saling numbers.Now she got another brilliant album make me feel enjoying,it is enough,and the position or sales thing remind me of that she is still capable to compete in the industry,that's all! 1 Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:17 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:17 PM I am that whoever and no I am not delusional! I don't believe that Celine can sell 20 million of a record anymore, duh! that's almost impossible nowadays, but I am realistic here. If LMBTL really only sells 70K in it's first week, then only 0,35% of who ever bought FIY, LTAL or ATW is still interested in buying a Celine record! And don't tell me they don't know about the new album, cos anyone who has visited her site, or facebook in the last few months knows she has a new album out! Where did those 20 million people go??? All I am saying is that if they choose the singles from ANDHC, OH and TC way more carefully and if she wasn't stuck in Vegas for the most of the 00's, then her popularity would be way bigger than it is today. Vegas was a gold mine for Celine and Rene, but it resulted in letting many believe Celine actually did retire in 1999 btw I don't think Celine has to fear Katy this week: her sales dropped with 68% in its second week, 'only' selling 92k, so this week it will be even less http://www.nu.nl/muz...mer-1-plek.html Of course, but isn't it all so silly to act as if Celine's such a special case? I don't know any fanbase who is completely satisfied with the way their artist is managed. LInkin Park pwned Celine's #ss with their second album when she released One heart, and yet with their latest album they only sold a fraction of what LMBTL is predicted to sell in the worst possible case scenarioPoint in fact: coulda woulda shoulda, but I didn't do that ~**~~*~* is a common whinefest for any fandom but the truth is Celine's career is already one of the most ridiculously successful and long in music history. Perhaps we're expecting too much Quote
Jessyka Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:31 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:31 PM Guys, calm down! I was a bit shocked after the first estimated came up, but I think it has to do with the fact that the fans of Céline haven't really been in touch with the US charts + figures since 2007, so of course this looks "drastic". However, on the bright side, she's going to be the biggest seller of the week, above all new releases and established young acts except for the biggest seller of the XXIst century in America: Eminem. She's 45, she's been away for a long time and with no hit single managing to grab the #2 position is pretty extraordinary. Especially knowing the album does have legs and will probably keep on selling well through xmas! And Céline has something that the rest of the artist don't. In Canada, France, and many other countries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, she's still the queen. She manages to sell BIG and really BIG! That's something Mariah lost more than a decade ago. Shipments were accurate, you'll see! THIS ^ 1 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:59 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:59 PM Bad news guys. HITS have revised their estimates and... *Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 650-675kLorde (Lava/Republic) 70-75kKaty Perry (Capitol) 65-70kArcade Fire (Merge) 65-70K*Celine Dion (Columbia) 60-65kKelly Clarkson (RCA) 50-55K*Pentatonix (Madison Gate) 35-40kLuke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 30-35KDrake (Young Money/Cash Money/Republic) 30-35k*Avril Lavigne (Epic) 30-35KMiley Cyrus (RCA) 25-30K*The Wanted (Mercury/IDJ) 25-30K*The Robertsons (EMI Nashville) 21-24k*Il Divo (SYCO/Columbia) 16-18k*James Blunt (Atlantic) 14-16k*Jake Miller (eOne) 14-16k*M.I.A. (Interscope) 12-14k LOL. Deary me. This isn't on their site so hopefully its false. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:05 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:05 PM ^LMAO :'( *still pretending that most of celine's housewife fans will rush to buy the album during the weekend* 2 Quote
Popular Post LuisMa Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:12 PM Popular Post Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:12 PM He's needed here!!!!! 8 Quote
Kyle_Jared Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:16 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:16 PM My GOD if she does 60k opening weeks she is DONE! Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:22 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:22 PM (edited) Is no one else noticing the rest of the top 17 though lol Edited November 7, 2013 at 04:23 PM by Your_Su_Phu Quote
Nando Férri Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:31 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:31 PM Bad news guys. HITS have revised their estimates and... *Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 650-675kLorde (Lava/Republic) 70-75kKaty Perry (Capitol) 65-70kArcade Fire (Merge) 65-70K*Celine Dion (Columbia) 60-65kKelly Clarkson (RCA) 50-55K*Pentatonix (Madison Gate) 35-40kLuke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 30-35KDrake (Young Money/Cash Money/Republic) 30-35k*Avril Lavigne (Epic) 30-35KMiley Cyrus (RCA) 25-30K*The Wanted (Mercury/IDJ) 25-30K*The Robertsons (EMI Nashville) 21-24k*Il Divo (SYCO/Columbia) 16-18k*James Blunt (Atlantic) 14-16k*Jake Miller (eOne) 14-16k*M.I.A. (Interscope) 12-14k LOL. Deary me. This isn't on their site so hopefully its false. What??? Jesus, I really hope it's fake! It's beyond my bad expectations! Quote http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ejungtQy1r9swpco6_250.gif
khader Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:31 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:31 PM Bad news guys. HITS have revised their estimates and... *Eminem (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope) 650-675kLorde (Lava/Republic) 70-75kKaty Perry (Capitol) 65-70kArcade Fire (Merge) 65-70K*Celine Dion (Columbia) 60-65kKelly Clarkson (RCA) 50-55K*Pentatonix (Madison Gate) 35-40kLuke Bryan (Capitol Nashville) 30-35KDrake (Young Money/Cash Money/Republic) 30-35k*Avril Lavigne (Epic) 30-35KMiley Cyrus (RCA) 25-30K*The Wanted (Mercury/IDJ) 25-30K*The Robertsons (EMI Nashville) 21-24k*Il Divo (SYCO/Columbia) 16-18k*James Blunt (Atlantic) 14-16k*Jake Miller (eOne) 14-16k*M.I.A. (Interscope) 12-14k LOL. Deary me. This isn't on their site so hopefully its false. included iTunes ?? Quote
Xpresso Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:47 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:47 PM American fans, please go buy a couple more copies! NOW! Quote
I Drove All Night! Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:51 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:51 PM i know that i will shock some people, but the world does not revolve around the united states as much as before I'm an American citizen and I approve this message But seriously.... it doesn't. And thank goodness for that. The rest of the world is full of amazing people. 5 Quote
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:52 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:52 PM In Canada, HMV have announced that Eminem is their #1 selling album act too with his new album, Céline is at #2. HMV are the biggest music retailer in Canada, so its highly likely that Eminem will be #1 on the Canadian albums chart. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:53 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:53 PM Here is what I got from reading twitter, Facebook, forums and youtube comments lol1) Those who pre ordered and are waiting for the shipment to arrive (like moi) went out and purchased a copy, OR WILL OVER THE WEEKAND2) Purchased a copy on tuned and waiting for the shipment3) will purchase it over the weekand THERE IS STILL A BIG POTENTIAL. Its really sad that everything is determined within the first 24 hours. UK debut is next week and if it sells big there, it could mean a rebound of sales here in the U.S. But agreed with everyone that1) we need a music video2) we need her to go on more shows and the voice3) she needs more promos here. 4) maybe a mini tour here in the U.S. would be great. => all this is possible. here how:1) we get in contact with her management team and voice our concerns2) we go viral, youtube, Facebook, twitter, these forums and voice it togeather3) start a change.org petition asking for it?? is it even possible to rally dion fans for this cause? 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.