Jump to content

Loved Me Back To Life - Worldwide Charts/Sales Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

This made me smile! I love your enthusiasm. Nice to see you doing some work for our girl! :wub:

 

It's nice to see someone staying positive in the midst of all the negativity (as true as some of it might be :cry: )

I even posted on EMINENS fb page lolololol his fans must be shocked (hope rene Charles sees it!)!!!!! lol
  • Like 4

Taking Chances Freak

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/helio_polis/CpiadeDSCF4482.jpg

Posted
with the fact that Celine has been so focused on her family life in recent years, we are lucky to get any new English material, not to mention her trying out new modern stuff, and having the passion to do it, which we can clealry see in the sessions videos of some songs... it is great for her to come in second in her opening week, no metter how low the number is. because lets face it, no one buys CDs these days, except the very very loyal fans...
  • Like 4
Posted

It'd be fantastic for her to do a couple more BIG TV appearances in the US. The Voice would be perfect! Christina and her could do something -- and she could sing INCREDIBLE with NeYo. It'd be perfect and would keep the album on people's radar through the holiday buying season!

 

They've surprised us with some extra TV appearances -- and they did say they'd keep promoting the album with "big television". So let's hope!

Posted

Why does nobody realize that it doesn't matter if another single is released. This isn't Celine's hey day anymore!! The numbers projected are still impressive for 2013 for an artist like Celine who is not in the mainstream anymore. This isn't 1997...she's not going to be all over radio, shes not going to be number 1 for weeks on end, hell she may never even have another number 1. It could happen, but it's less than probable.

 

Disagree.. Madonna worked it on the big debut, although it felt so quickly off the chart..Even the late Whitney pulled big numbers on the debut on her last album

"Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songs

https://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ

Posted

Eminem, Gaga, etc. are actually very talented. Taking off your clothes doesn't necessarily equate to success, or else Celine's best selling album would've come in 1992 when she wore this thong to the Grammys

 

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/specials/grammys/outfits/celine-dion-290.jpg

 

God this dress was awful lol

 

 

 

That's your opinion, which you're free to have. You could say they were chasing trends, sure - but a big part of being an artist is evolving and changing, not remaining stagnant. She is not singing about selling cocaine or stripping on a pole, most of the songs are still love ballads for god's sake.

And in the 90's Celine was certainly following trends, vocal ballads were in at the time. Sony constantly tried to package her as a second Whitney and a lot of the songs on her early albums were obvious Whitney rejects.

 

 

 

 

I have to disagree when you say the songs she recorded were "Whitney rejects" nor do I ever remember SONY trying to package Celine as anything but herself. Yes...in the 90's, Celine, Mariah and Whitney all sang about love. The content of their songs was similar. However, when you listen to a Whitney ballad, and then listen to a Celine ballad, there is still a significant and distinct difference in style of the songs. I could not even picture Celine singing "Didn't We Almost Have It All" or "All The Man That I Need" or "Step By Step"...nor could I picture Whitney singing "The Power Of Love" or "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" or even "All By Myself" (despite David Foster using Whitney's name as a scare tactic to get Celine revved up in the studio). I normally agree with you, boo..but on this one, I have to politely disagree.

  • Like 3

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

I have to disagree when you say the songs she recorded were "Whitney rejects" nor do I ever remember SONY trying to package Celine as anything but herself. Yes...in the 90's, Celine, Mariah and Whitney all sang about love. The content of their songs was similar. However, when you listen to a Whitney ballad, and then listen to a Celine ballad, there is still a significant and distinct difference in style of the songs. I could not even picture Celine singing "Didn't We Almost Have It All" or "All The Man That I Need" or "Step By Step"...nor could I picture Whitney singing "The Power Of Love" or "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" or even "All By Myself" (despite David Foster using Whitney's name as a scare tactic to get Celine revved up in the studio). I normally agree with you, boo..but on this one, I have to politely disagree.

 

I'm talking about early 90's, Matt. They actually tried to package Celine as an "r&b artist" with her 2nd and 3rd English albums :giggle: Quite a few of the songs that ended up on CD or TCOML were originally offered to Whitney.

They played around with a bunch of different images and styles until they realized (at least during the mid to late 90's) that Adult contemporary pop-rock fit her the best.

Also, it's a given that Celine is strongly influenced by Whitney's vocal stylings. Whitney pioneered a kind of mixture of Aretha Franklin's soulful style with Barbra Streisand's refined, pure singing style, at least on her studio tracks (she went crazy with flourishes when she sang live). If you'll notice, Celine might do a lick or run here and there but her interpretations are never as florid as someone like Mariah

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
Posted

Of course it doesn't help that Sony chose to release the album on the day that THE biggest seller of the year was released. It's almost like they looked at the release schedule and went "Ohhh look Eminem releases that day, so we'll do the same."

 

I'm over the charts though, of course I hope she does well in the UK next week (which I suspect she will) however I've made peace with the fact that in the US her days of topping the charts appear to be over. It could still happen with clever marketing and releasing during "quiet weeks" but as long as Sony continue to put Celine directly against the "hot artists" of the moments then she'll never top the album chart again in the USA.

CDP.jpg

Bringing you the world's only Celine Dion podcast show since 2014.

Find us on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify & Amazon Music.

Posted
is that her nipple under the red symbol? naughty girl
  • Like 3
Posted

The irony of her best reviewed album being her lowest studio seller though....Maybe itll have staying power, who knows? :P

All I know is I'm enjoying it

  • Like 2
Posted

Loved me back to life is the edgiest song on the album. I'm shocked anyone hates it. I think it's one of the best things she's ever done.

 

I'm sitting here with my surround sound speakers and just the intro gives me chills.

  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

Disagree.. Madonna worked it on the big debut, although it felt so quickly off the chart..Even the late Whitney pulled big numbers on the debut on her last album

 

Madonna was able to stay relevant on top 40 radio in the 2000's. She released "Music" which was HUGE, and then she flopped with "American Life" but then made a miraculous comeback with "Confessions On A Dancefloor" which was an AMAZING album. It is definitely an example of an album with longevity. MDNA also had some huge debut numbers because she had also announced a tour and about 185,000 copies of the album was bundled with tickets. So even if you didn't want the album, you got it anyway when you purchased a ticket to the MDNA tour. I would go see Madonna even if I didn't like the album because she puts on a great show, and I do like a lot of her discography. However, MDNA quickly dropped selling only 48k in it's second week, which was the LARGEST percentage drop for second week sales in Nielsen/Soundscan history. Celine took her break at the height of her career. It was a smart move in terms of going out with your head held high and people talking about you all the time...even for a little while after she took her hiatus. It did however put Celine in a lurch as to where her music didn't keep up with the times and she fell behind by the time it was time to come back with ANDHC, as fresh as it was, she missed the mark by an inch. 2002 was when music started to really change. ANDHC was successful due to anticipation, not hit factor. Whitney Houston's last debut was a chart topper not because there was an expected hit with the album, but because it was, like ANHC an anticipated release dating back years. She was supposed to release a "comeback album" years before "I Look To You". While I find the album enjoyable, I never saw a hit coming out of any of the songs that were on it. Which in the case of LMBTL, I feel differently. A lot of these songs could be hits...but it's a Celine Dion album, and she just isn't in demand for radio anymore. But there are a lot of people on this forum who didn't become fans of Celine until 2002 when ANDHC came out, they missed the Celine Machine of the 90's and they have these high hopes of the Celine of yesteryear coming back with a vengeance to mirror her success of the 90's, and it's just not going to happen.

Edited by CelinesDIVO5
  • Like 7

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Of course it doesn't help that Sony chose to release the album on the day that THE biggest seller of the year was released. It's almost like they looked at the release schedule and went "Ohhh look Eminem releases that day, so we'll do the same."

 

I'm over the charts though, of course I hope she does well in the UK next week (which I suspect she will) however I've made peace with the fact that in the US her days of topping the charts appear to be over. It could still happen with clever marketing and releasing during "quiet weeks" but as long as Sony continue to put Celine directly against the "hot artists" of the moments then she'll never top the album chart again in the USA.

 

:laugh:

 

I think unfortunately for her, Eminem's team selected the date after hers did.

 

Yes, I agree about the softer weeks. Last week was a good chance, but whatever, the album is awesome. And I do have good hopes for the UK chart. I'm looking forward to this week's appearances!

  • Like 2
Posted

I'm talking about early 90's, Matt. They actually tried to package Celine as an "r&b artist" with her 2nd and 3rd English albums :giggle: Quite a few of the songs that ended up on CD or TCOML were originally offered to Whitney.

They played around with a bunch of different images and styles until they realized (at least during the mid to late 90's) that Adult contemporary pop-rock fit her the best.

Also, it's a given that Celine is strongly influenced by Whitney's vocal stylings. Whitney pioneered a kind of mixture of Aretha Franklin's soulful style with Barbra Streisand's refined, pure singing style, at least on her studio tracks (she went crazy with flourishes when she sang live). If you'll notice, Celine might do a lick or run here and there but her interpretations are never as florid as someone like Mariah

 

Can you tell me which songs were offered to Whitney, and how you got this info? In this era of Celine's career, these 2 albums were heavy with Diane Warren songs, whom Celine shared a close professional relationship with at the time.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Can you tell me which songs were offered to Whitney, and how you got this info? In this era of Celine's career, these 2 albums were heavy with Diane Warren songs, whom Celine shared a close professional relationship with at the time.

 

I will be sure to get back to you, I remember reading about the making of the album in one of those biographies. It was her producers like Walter or David who had mentioned it

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
I'm pretty sure they are marketing this like a Christmas/holiday album. The sales are gonna crank in December, 6 figures weekly are expected from Sony. That's when the tv specials, holiday appearances/performances will occur. She will be doing the big singing shows and award shows then too. Sony did not expect a big first week, it's a steady progression with this album. Remember the President of Sony said to Billboard that they wanted this Celine album to be "the must have Christmas gift" for moms, girlfriends, well pretty much all females because she covers all ages with women. I project the same #'s she did with Sans Attendre did the whole month of December. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a repackaging in a month or February! Epic is already reissuing a new version of Tamar's album and that's been out for just 2 months! Also she has a Christmas album out next week even though her album was just released! Stay positive, she's got the legs to win the race come the holidays. Edited by stone
  • Like 3
Posted

I'm pretty sure they are marketing this like a Christmas/holiday album. The sales are gonna crank in December, 6 figures weekly are expected from Sony. That's when the tv specials, holiday appearances/performances will occur. She will be doing the big singing shows and award shows then too. Sony did not expect a big first week, it's a steady progression with this album. Remember the President of Sony said to Billboard that they wanted this Celine album to be "the must have Christmas gift" for moms, girlfriends, well pretty much all females because she covers all ages with women. I project the same #'s she did with Sans Attendre did the whole month of December. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a repackaging in a month or February! Epic is already reissuing a new version of Tamar's album and that's been out for just 2 months! Also she has a Christmas album out next week even though her album was just released! Stay positive, she's got the legs to win the race come the holidays.

 

I love your optimism. And I hope you're right.

 

It's an interesting approach they're taking, but the Billboard article did seem to imply a lot more promo headed our way

Posted

I'm pretty sure they are marketing this like a Christmas/holiday album. The sales are gonna crank in December, 6 figures weekly are expected from Sony. That's when the tv specials, holiday appearances/performances will occur. She will be doing the big singing shows and award shows then too. Sony did not expect a big first week, it's a steady progression with this album. Remember the President of Sony said to Billboard that they wanted this Celine album to be "the must have Christmas gift" for moms, girlfriends, well pretty much all females because she covers all ages with women. I project the same #'s she did with Sans Attendre did the whole month of December. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a repackaging in a month or February! Epic is already reissuing a new version of Tamar's album and that's been out for just 2 months! Also she has a Christmas album out next week even though her album was just released! Stay positive, she's got the legs to win the race come the holidays.

 

 

lol she's got the legs to win! YES SHE DOES!

I HAD TO POST THIS YOUTUBE LINK

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwvQ65_TcV0

  • Like 2
Posted

Of course it doesn't help that Sony chose to release the album on the day that THE biggest seller of the year was released. It's almost like they looked at the release schedule and went "Ohhh look Eminem releases that day, so we'll do the same."

 

I'm over the charts though, of course I hope she does well in the UK next week (which I suspect she will) however I've made peace with the fact that in the US her days of topping the charts appear to be over. It could still happen with clever marketing and releasing during "quiet weeks" but as long as Sony continue to put Celine directly against the "hot artists" of the moments then she'll never top the album chart again in the USA.

I so agree with you about Sony picking the same release week as Eminem!!! :wacko: It's just plain stupid... Because with 70-80k copies, she could have debuted at #1 in the US if that album had been released earlier... It's not just about debuting at #1 but when non-fans hear/read "Céline Dion debuts at #1 with her new album" it just gives them an incentive to go buy her album :D

Posted
She's moving up on Amazon France, #4 now :)
Chaque jour sans toi, sans rien de toi, c'est contre nature
Posted

 

 

 

lol she's got the legs to win! YES SHE DOES!

I HAD TO POST THIS YOUTUBE LINK

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwvQ65_TcV0

 

Hehe always loved that classic video!

But as you there, she's gonna be doing all those Christmas specials and I wouldn't be surprised with her own special featuring special guests, Ne-Yo, Stevie Wonder, and probably Andrea Bocelli or Josh Groban for The Prayer since it is the holidays. Gotta cross-promote TAST as well! Lol

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm pretty sure they are marketing this like a Christmas/holiday album. The sales are gonna crank in December, 6 figures weekly are expected from Sony. That's when the tv specials, holiday appearances/performances will occur. She will be doing the big singing shows and award shows then too. Sony did not expect a big first week, it's a steady progression with this album. Remember the President of Sony said to Billboard that they wanted this Celine album to be "the must have Christmas gift" for moms, girlfriends, well pretty much all females because she covers all ages with women.

 

Love it. I will this week order a copy for my mom from Amazon.com. Every single one counts. :heart:

  • Like 2
Posted

Celine looks very similar right now to I met an angel on Christmas Day video

 

The hair is great right now

 

Random comment... But I had to say

 

Celine is looking fabulous

 

Kev x

  • Like 2
Posted

I am all for longitivity, I'd rather have her in the chart 26 weeks then 6... but then again, I hope she will sell more than 100k :please:

 

but since Jav didn't touch the topic... I will... The poor choices they all made in the last 11 years, are the reasons Celine has lost her momentum and 20+ million audience per album in this modern music world :down:

  • Like 3


Rick, ik hou van jou voor altijd!



A New Day... has come 28/29 April & 2/3 May 07



Antwerpen 13 et 14 mai,Paris 24 et 25 mai, Amsterdam 2 juinet Arras 7 juillet Chances Taken!!!



How Do You Keep The Music Playing? - Celine Opening Night March 15th, March 16th

Posted

I am aghast, I never expected a new Céline album to sell so poorly - I also apologise to those who's heads I have bitten off that questioned whether she'd top 100k.

 

This is the most significant album of her 00's career, and its gotten off to the worse possible start.

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted (edited)

 

 

Eminem, Gaga, etc. are actually very talented. Taking off your clothes doesn't necessarily equate to success, or else Celine's best selling album would've come in 1992 when she wore this thong to the Grammys

 

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/specials/grammys/outfits/celine-dion-290.jpg

 

 

 

 

You don't know this. There was actually a figure cited that they are spending millions on an extensive promotional campaign lasting months. I notice naive fans always blame this and that on lack of promo, forgetting that many younger amateur acts rise to the top through word of mouth, not promo. If the public likes a song, it will catch on and do its own promotion. Of course radio airplay is essential and Celine is dead to radio, but Celine did plenty of promo. Many artists on top of the charts right now haven't appeared on half the TV shows she has.

 

With that said I was upset when they refused to release an MV for the lead single. But this could be Celine's choice, and not the label's. You don't know.

 

 

 

That's your opinion, which you're free to have. You could say they were chasing trends, sure - but a big part of being an artist is evolving and changing, not remaining stagnant. She is not singing about selling cocaine or stripping on a pole, most of the songs are still love ballads for god's sake.

And in the 90's Celine was certainly following trends, vocal ballads were in at the time. Sony constantly tried to package her as a second Whitney and a lot of the songs on her early albums were obvious Whitney rejects.

 

 

 

Did you conveniently forget that Celine loves all of the new material on this album and has heaped praise upon it? If she were to start her own label you'll be sure to get an album filled with Water and a Flame's :giggle:

 

How did you know it was Whitney reject ?

 

EDIT : nevermind, it already discuss above me. But i refuse to believe if no source.

 

 

Back to topic i think the most important is sales all over the world. Yes it's good to have good sales in US but US not everything.

Edited by gafsa
Posted

Jesus...all this negativity is really draining me. I understand that US performance may not currently project to expectations but a few points to note

 

1. The world is bigger than the US. She is a global artist with amazing global reach. The world market combined is way bigger than the US.Does the US matter that much in the larger scheme of things? She hit #1 in 31 countries...31countries I repeat on day 1.....

 

2.Celine has longevity. Peak time for album sales is December. We know there is more promo on its way. ..a marathon is never won with a burst of speed in the first 5 kilometres.

 

3.Just enjoy the music we finally have

 

2.

  • Like 7
Posted (edited)

Calm down, people. The album was just pressed! The woman can still sell out stadiums, there's nothing wrong with the artists known as Celine Dion.

Sans attendre was a modern marvel in terms of sales, but her French career attracts a different sort of audience than her English recordings. If she was doing standards and ballads instead of trying to appeal to Adele and Neyo fans she might find more success. Let's stop sulking and remember that we've waited years for this.

Edited by Alex_Incognito
  • Like 7

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

I'm pretty sure they are marketing this like a Christmas/holiday album. The sales are gonna crank in December, 6 figures weekly are expected from Sony. That's when the tv specials, holiday appearances/performances will occur. She will be doing the big singing shows and award shows then too. Sony did not expect a big first week, it's a steady progression with this album. Remember the President of Sony said to Billboard that they wanted this Celine album to be "the must have Christmas gift" for moms, girlfriends, well pretty much all females because she covers all ages with women. I project the same #'s she did with Sans Attendre did the whole month of December. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets a repackaging in a month or February! Epic is already reissuing a new version of Tamar's album and that's been out for just 2 months! Also she has a Christmas album out next week even though her album was just released! Stay positive, she's got the legs to win the race come the holidays.

 

Well, we really have no idea whether there'll be a TV special or not, to be honest, I am never pessimisic, however, Celine will end up her shows in France on dec; 5th, wouldn't she really hav some break after this marathon? Let's enjoy what we have and what we have is wonderful!

Posted

Jesus...all this negativity is really draining me. I understand that US performance may not currently project to expectations but a few points to note

 

1. The world is bigger than the US. She is a global artist with amazing global reach. The world market combined is way bigger than the US.Does the US matter that much in the larger scheme of things? She hit #1 in 31 countries...31countries I repeat on day 1.....

 

2.Celine has longevity. Peak time for album sales is December. We know there is more promo on its way. ..a marathon is never won with a burst of speed in the first 5 kilometres.

 

3.Just enjoy the music we finally have

 

2.

 

The three biggest music markets in the world are The U.S., The U.K. and Japan....more so the U.S. and the U.K. if any international artist were to flop in both of these countries, then that particular release is pretty much screwed. The U.S. and the U.K. markets feed off of each other. You aren't ever going to hear "oh, this album didn't perform that well in Poland so we're going to consider it a flop." However when it comes to "making it" in the music business, the U.S. and the U.K. are the 2 markets that mean everything for your success as an international artist.

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...