québecflower Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:43 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:43 AM Vegas keeps her busy....I think if she is not doing Vegas, she would release more albums and focus on other projects where is Javito when we need him? he could answer you 4 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Alex_Incognito Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:46 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:46 AM A break is a break....when I take a vacation from work for 2 weeks, I don't go in for 1 day each week to wait a few tables just to "stay in the game"...that's ludicrous and goes for any other profession. When you are taking time off, you are taking time off..plain and simple. I disagree. Most of us in a career that we love still keep our head in the game because we love what we do. That's not to say we don't want time off. Perhaps that's the difference between a job and career. I don't know. Celine still stayed in music on the last break, don't forget she even wrote 'Entre deux mondes' and duetted Marc. 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:53 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:53 AM (edited) I disagree. Most of us in a career that we love still keep our head in the game because we love what we do. That's not to say we don't want time off. Perhaps that's the difference between a job and career. I don't know. Celine still stayed in music on the last break, don't forget she even wrote 'Entre deux mondes' and duetted Marc. Sooo...when a laywer takes a 2 week vacation? Do you think he goes to the courthouse to say hello to everyone and see what's happening in the work place? No...he's either home with his family or his dogs, or he's on an island somewhere basking in the relaxation. Celine took 2 years off primarily to have children. She had just come off a 5 year run in Vegas plus a year long world tour. Her focus was children, not music. Towards the middle of her pregnancy when she wanted to get back in the game, her doctors told her that it wasn't a good idea. Her health is more important than delivering a new album. Edited November 7, 2013 at 02:54 AM by CelinesDIVO5 2 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:56 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:56 AM I got a question. It said that pre orders shipped yesterday, But shouldn't we have gotten an email saying that its on the way? All I got was a conformation on oct. 20th. I would really like to know when I get my CD? LOL Yesterday I Could NOT WAIT! I ran my butt to the nearest Target, purchased it! I couldn't wait as soon as I walked out I was like the cookie monster trying to open it a haha "I WANT IT!!!!" i had a hard time opening the white strips on top, but i listened to the CD driving to my meeting in SF. and On the way back. I totally rolled down by windows, and blasted LMBTL on the new span of the bay bridge 2 Quote
Alex_Incognito Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:57 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:57 AM (edited) Sooo...when a laywer takes a 2 week vacation? Do you think he goes to the courthouse to say hello to everyone and see what's happening in the work place? No...he's either home with his family or his dogs, or he's on an island somewhere basking in the relaxation. Celine took 2 years off primarily to have children.No, on the contrary. Do you know any lawyers? Lol He keeps up with current cases and laws. It's about the love of the career. That doesn't leave you just because you develope other human aspects of your life. The point is that Celine didn't turn it all off; she remaines invested in what she loved. Edited November 7, 2013 at 02:58 AM by Alex_Incognito Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:57 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 02:57 AM (edited) A break is a break....when I take a vacation from work for 2 weeks, I don't go in for 1 day each week to wait a few tables just to "stay in the game"...that's ludicrous and goes for any other profession. When you are taking time off, you are taking time off..plain and simple. She was going through rigorous treatments. And if you remember, after she got pregnant, she still wanted to record..and her doctors told her not to because it would cause complications as she got further into her pregnancy. She's a human being and she's allowed to take time for herself and for her family. I'm also a server and bartender ( putting myself through college) and while I can't speak for you it's not my passion or my calling as singing is Celines. I don't hate my job but BELIEVE me I don't adore it neither the way Celine adores singing. Not saying the women isn't entitled to a break but my point is when what you DO is what you love, it wouldn't be asking too much for her to record 1 song a month on her time off to save up for future albums. Edited November 7, 2013 at 02:59 AM by Nmj 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:00 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:00 AM (edited) I'm also a server and bartender ( putting myself through college) and while I can't speak for you it's not my passion or my calling as singing is Celines. I don't hate my job but BELIEVE me I don't adore it neither the way Celine adores singing. Not saying the women isn't entitled to a break but my point is when what you DO is what you love, it wouldn't be asking too much for her to record 1 song a month on her time off to save up for future albums. But what I'm trying to say that youa ren't taking in is that Celine's primary focus at first right after the tour was her family. By the time she wanted to step back in, she was too far along and her doctors told her it wasn't a good idea because it could cause early contractions. It was partially a personal issue at first to take time off, then it became a health issue by the time she wanted to start recording again. Edited November 7, 2013 at 03:03 AM by CelinesDIVO5 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Nmj Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:08 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:08 AM (edited) But what I'm trying to say that you aren't registering is that Celine's primary focus at first right after the tour was her family. By the time she wanted to step back in, she was too far along and her doctors told her it wasn't a good idea because it could cause early contractions. It was partially a personal issue at first to take time off, then it became a health issue by the time she wanted to start recording again. I understand it's "registering" believe me and I agree in the past. But my focus is on the future, when your a artist of Celine's caliber believe me even when your "off" you really aren't. People won't stop writing you songs, or asking you to do certain projects. So even If you aren't looking for "songs" for a new album why close the doors to songs until you officially decide to go back in the studio. Makes no sense everyone knows that showbizz is a very "right now or lose it" place. Edited November 7, 2013 at 03:10 AM by Nmj 3 Quote
DionFanAlways Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:12 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:12 AM , i want a full album full of OverjoyedPlease kill me now....... 4 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:14 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:14 AM (edited) I understand it's "registering" believe me and I agree in the past. But my focus is on the future, when your a artist of Celine's caliber believe me even when your "off" you really aren't. People won't stop writing you songs, or asking you to do certain projects. So even If you aren't looking for "songs" for a new album why close the doors to songs until you officially decide to go back in the studio. Makes no sense everyone knows that showbizz is a very "right now or lose it" place. But when you are an artist of Celine's magnitude, you CAN pick and choose when you want to work. She may have even been receiving songs on her first break that started in 2000, but she was very adamant about not working while she was on her break. And if she did receive songs while on a break that either she or Rene felt were perfect for her, you know they would have made some legal agreement that would bind Celine to them so that they couldn't be passed on to other artists. In 2010, when she wanted to start recording this album (for the first concept) it was too late for her to do so. Her health came first. But for the first part of her break, it was about IVF and making sure she got pregnant. Edit: I'm sorry I worded my previous post that way, I realized it was rude, and I edited it Edited November 7, 2013 at 03:15 AM by CelinesDIVO5 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:21 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:21 AM No, on the contrary. Do you know any lawyers? Lol He keeps up with current cases and laws. It's about the love of the career. That doesn't leave you just because you develope other human aspects of your life. The point is that Celine didn't turn it all off; she remaines invested in what she loved. My own lawyer is actually a close, personal friend of mine and when he's on vacation, he's on vacation. My brother in law is a lawyer...he was not drawing up contracts on his honeymoon with my sister lol...just because you are passionate about your career doesn't mean you physically can't pull yourself away from it so that you can focus on other things in your life. Passions change as well..you can be passionate about your career and also be passionate about your family. Sometimes you HAVE to pull yourself away from your career to focus on things that are a little more important. Things happen in life...most people start their careers when they are young and single, so they focus all of their energy on their careers. Then they meet their husbands or wives, or have children, and their priorities change. Or they go back to school to learn something else and that becomes just as important as their current career. Celine was making babies, she wasn't worrying about recording a new album until she felt ready to. Then she had to wait a little longer. 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Alex_Incognito Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:21 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:21 AM But when you are an artist of Celine's magnitude, you CAN pick and choose when you want to work. She may have even been receiving songs on her first break that started in 2000, but she was very adamant about not working while she was on her break. #cough#Sous le vent#cough# lolShe said she thought about not recording it, but couldn't resist. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Nmj Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:22 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:22 AM Edit: I'm sorry I worded my previous post that way, I realized it was rude, and I edited it I understood what you meant and that you didn't mean it in a rude way! No sweat Love having a disscussion of which we both feel strong about our views on the topic. 1 Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:24 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:24 AM (edited) #cough#Sous le vent#cough# lolShe said she thought about not recording it, but couldn't resist. lol touche...but that was also a different situation as where that song was recorded without a doubt in my mind, to help launch Garou's career. We all know Rene was responsible for that one. Celine was not even thinking about launching a new album then. Edited November 7, 2013 at 03:24 AM by CelinesDIVO5 1 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
Alex_Incognito Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:28 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:28 AM lol touche...but that was also a different situation as where that song was recorded without a doubt in my mind, to help launch Garou's career. We all know Rene was responsible for that one. Celine was not even thinking about launching a new album then.Nope, she specifically said she couldn't let that song go lol 1 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:29 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:29 AM #cough#Sous le vent#cough# lolShe said she thought about not recording it, but couldn't resist. Celine's first pregnancy also wasn't as high risk as her most recent one. When her doctors told her to not sing, she wasn't going to risk anything by disobeying them. Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
yoyoma Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:32 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:32 AM see HDD predtiction last week for this week saleshttp://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi?40 VERY SPOT ON !! Prepare for the worst Quote "Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songshttps://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ
Kyle_Jared Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:33 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:33 AM When is dancing with the stars (America) over? She needs to so that show And live with Kelly and MichaelThe voice Jay Leno AMA's Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:34 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:34 AM (edited) Anyway, my point is that the woman has been at this for 30 years. A lot of people retire from their career after 30 or 40 years and she's still going at it. Between "Taking Chances" and "Loved Me Back To Life" she had things going on in her life, both personal and professional. I know she says this a lot, but she really doesn't have anything to prove to anyone anymore. I would rather have an album from her every 6 years than have her just say "K guys, It's been real, but I'm done" She's not a slave to her career anymore, nor is she a slave to us. And I don't think it's selfish of her to have not put an album out for 6 years. Edited November 7, 2013 at 03:37 AM by CelinesDIVO5 4 Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
gafsa Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:40 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:40 AM i know that i will shock some people, but the world does not revolve around the united states as much as before I love you 2 Quote
québecflower Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:53 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 03:53 AM I love youme too 1 Quote Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
mebe Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:04 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:04 AM I don't know if Celine's fans have the tendency to rush on the first day of sales to go buy a new album...maybe sales are gonna go higher during the week.... We never know...HDD are rarely wrong but it happens sometimes...It could happen for Celine! Quote
mebe Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:20 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:20 AM No matter what the sales are going to be...I love the album...I'm proud of Celine and i'm proud of her chart performances all around the world...She is far from being dead!!!! 1 Quote
mebe Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:21 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:21 AM Still #1 and #10 on Amazon.ca by the way! 1 Quote
J081113 Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:31 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:31 AM (edited) Yeah #3 Amazon and #5 on Itunes USA! Edited November 7, 2013 at 04:32 AM by J081113 1 Quote
gafsa Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:34 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:34 AM My own lawyer is actually a close, personal friend of mine and when he's on vacation, he's on vacation. My brother in law is a lawyer...he was not drawing up contracts on his honeymoon with my sister lol...just because you are passionate about your career doesn't mean you physically can't pull yourself away from it so that you can focus on other things in your life. Passions change as well..you can be passionate about your career and also be passionate about your family. Sometimes you HAVE to pull yourself away from your career to focus on things that are a little more important. Things happen in life...most people start their careers when they are young and single, so they focus all of their energy on their careers. Then they meet their husbands or wives, or have children, and their priorities change. Or they go back to school to learn something else and that becomes just as important as their current career. Celine was making babies, she wasn't worrying about recording a new album until she felt ready to. Then she had to wait a little longer. I'm with you CelineDivo5. For me a break is to keeping you away from routinity. Maybe if a song writer they can write a song while they have a break because they like to write a song, but when it Came to Celine, she just a singer, she almost never sing a song she wrote. When she record a song she need some people, a producer, she have to arrange a schedule, the point is recording is not that simple and when we taking a break i don't think we want to do complicated thing. Quote
helios.apollon Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:38 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:38 AM offtopic: Christina Aguileras new single with the duo A great big world after less then 24 hours of their 1 and only performance of the song went str8 to #1 on iTunes (eminen was in #1 before!) with almost 30.000 copies!!!!! Celine MUST do the voice!!!!! 2 Quote Taking Chances Freakhttp://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/helio_polis/CpiadeDSCF4482.jpg
gafsa Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:42 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:42 AM Back to topic i'm not relly worry about the sales. I don't know why. Quote
CelinesDIVO5 Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:43 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:43 AM offtopic: Christina Aguileras new single with the duo A great big world after less then 24 hours of their 1 and only performance of the song went str8 to #1 on iTunes (eminen was in #1 before!) with almost 30.000 copies!!!!! Celine MUST do the voice!!!!! And it's a BEAUTIFUL song!!! This is the Christina that I've missed! Quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL54qnRGM2gMatthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall InnStonewall Sensation - Season 15Originally written and performed by Coldplay
helios.apollon Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:48 AM Posted November 7, 2013 at 04:48 AM btw don't know if u know this page but its quite useful to see the digitl copies sold... for every country... celine is not on the top 100 in the usa... http://digitalsalesdata.com/diydsd.php?Region=143441 Quote Taking Chances Freakhttp://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj252/helio_polis/CpiadeDSCF4482.jpg
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.