Jump to content

Loved Me Back To Life - Worldwide Charts/Sales Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

Secretly, I want to adopt your accent!!!!

Ne le dis à personne!!!!

we don't have an accent....chut
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
Continuons en français! Je veux bien embêter les autres.
  • Like 1

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

I don't know if I should laugh or cry or just be nonchalant regarding the HDD predictions. But it sure is abysmal to say the least.

 

 

Yes, but only when it comes to their domestic artists and not international artists, especially India and China where more than 80% of the music sales are for domestic artists.

Personally, I can say that in India, Universal Music has more muscle than Sony and it's no surprise that Eminem has been #1 on iTunes India for hours whereas Celine went only to #2 there for a couple of hours and has dropped below #10 thereafter.

 

When I asked the people I know at Sony India, their response was another disappointment when they wrote back to me saying they sent less than 5000 copies to the retailers cos they have very low expectations for this album as it got a lukewarm response worldwide, especially the US, whose market is very much reflected. So there you go - US may not be the centre of the universe but when it comes to the music market, like someone above me pointed out, the US and UK matter a lot and is reflected in International sales a lot.

 

For example, the Platinum and Gold certifications for domestic artists are 200k and 100k while for International artists, they are just 6000 and 4000 copies respectively. But we have to factor in the fact that International music costs sometimes double of the domestic music there.

 

I don't see where they got the idea that the response to this album has been Lukewarm...the reviews have been more positive than negative.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

alors le francais de Dr. Oz qu'en pensez-vous?

not so good
  • Like 3
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted (edited)

The promo in America was too distantly spaced --who In the hell is going to remember Ellen show from September when album is November ?

 

Secondly single is very modern sounding as much as we love it , it may have distanced some of her older and more larger following. Days like her full hour on the Oprah show the day of album release with variety of songs from album helps. If Oprah Winfrey show was on air today, and she did another hour with her say yesterday I guarantee we'd be looking at 140k or so sales. They simply need to get massive audience in promo on tv where no hit single ---because this is a stellar album---a shame to see it flop--but I don't believe rene will let that happen ---but he will loose sleep over these numbers!

Edited by Kyle_Jared
  • Like 3
Posted
Dr,Oz has been aired and seems no impact whatsoever :P...Sony seems to bark the wrong tree re- US promotion

"Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songs

https://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ

Posted

I don't think a video would have change things, radios don't play her, why should MTV, Vh1, ...

 

I think the main problem here is that Sony forgot who Celine's core fans are, especially in the USA.

 

I'm glad they tried with LMBTL single, it's a great song and it deserved to be a hit, but she was on Ellen promoting only the single and it didn't even enter top 100 for God sake! Celine's first English song in six years and it didn't enter Top100. That was painful to see, but we must accept that Celine's single in USA will never chart again, Billboard now counts streaming, iTunes, radios, etc and she is not strong on any of these..

 

So if they know younger public is lost for god, why they keep trying, if LMBTL couldn't make it, no other uptempo song will, just focus on what people expect from her, power ballads. Even Miley was #1 with a ballad and not with the first uptempo single, and now Christina, when she flopped badly with her uptempo singles.. Was Sans Attendre a "modern" album for younger people? No, and still it had amazing success

 

So enough with Perez Hilton, and SLS, only Breakaway, WAAF or Incredible (only because of Ne-Yo) can save this album in US. I knew it was a mistake performing SLS on The Today Show, a program mostly watched by midle-age women and now the make the same mistake on Dr Oz..

 

The only thing to do now is finishing promo and concerns in Europe and come back to perform Breakaway or Incredible on The Voice or any award show, but maybe this won't work, who knows

 

Anyway is just my opinion, but her sales in US are really low for a first week, no possible excuse

 

Agreed 1000%! LMBTL is my favourite song on the album and kudoos to Sony for releasing it but I think we have only one more chance for this album. I would live them to go for Breakaway but realistically only WAAF or I can do anything for her now.

Posted

I don't think a video would have change things, radios don't play her, why should MTV, Vh1, ...

 

I think the main problem here is that Sony forgot who Celine's core fans are, especially in the USA.

 

I'm glad they tried with LMBTL single, it's a great song and it deserved to be a hit, but she was on Ellen promoting only the single and it didn't even enter top 100 for God sake! Celine's first English song in six years and it didn't enter Top100. That was painful to see, but we must accept that Celine's single in USA will never chart again, Billboard now counts streaming, iTunes, radios, etc and she is not strong on any of these..

 

So if they know younger public is lost for god, why they keep trying, if LMBTL couldn't make it, no other uptempo song will, just focus on what people expect from her, power ballads. Even Miley was #1 with a ballad and not with the first uptempo single, and now Christina, when she flopped badly with her uptempo singles.. Was Sans Attendre a "modern" album for younger people? No, and still it had amazing success

 

So enough with Perez Hilton, and SLS, only Breakaway, WAAF or Incredible (only because of Ne-Yo) can save this album in US. I knew it was a mistake performing SLS on The Today Show, a program mostly watched by midle-age women and now the make the same mistake on Dr Oz..

 

The only thing to do now is finishing promo and concerns in Europe and come back to perform Breakaway or Incredible on The Voice or any award show, but maybe this won't work, who knows

 

Anyway is just my opinion, but her sales in US are really low for a first week, no possible excuse

 

Agreed 1000%! LMBTL is my favourite song on the album and kudoos to Sony for releasing it but I think we have only one more chance for this album. I would live them to go for Breakaway but realistically only WAAF or I can do anything for her now.

Posted (edited)
Can you please stop using the F word for an album that's been out 2 days!? For Flop's sake!!! :thankspin: Edited by Xpresso
  • Like 5
Posted

Dr,Oz has been aired and seems no impact whatsoever :P...Sony seems to bark the wrong tree re- US promotion

yes tree bark literally! :sofunny:

  • Like 3
Posted

To be honest, Falling into You debut merely just 193000 copies and I would consider it underperformed during that era..

But when Because You Loved Me is released, it propelled the album to huge level..

This seems not going to happen to LMBTL....

Another single that I think could be sporadic would be Incredible or Breakaway, and both marketable in Top 40 and AC rotations

"Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songs

https://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ

Posted

U.S. itunes. according to kworb:

LMBTL - 107

SLS - 258

Incredible- 240

Posted
Well they can still do some more promo after the UK............I agree with the others they need to calm down it has been out for less than 2 days!
Posted
Honestly, I don't give a damn about the album sales. Yes, I'd love for her to have a huge comeback and/or hit again, but I'm just so happy that she is making these outstanding albums still for us to enjoy. But most importantly she looks so happy singing them on TV and enjoying herself. And I believe if it still makes her happy to make albums we will get more. All I can say if this album doesn't sell well then everyone else just has really poor taste in music nowadays. I'm not going to let numbers steal my high!
  • Like 7
Posted

Honestly, I don't give a damn about the album sales. Yes, I'd love for her to have a huge comeback and/or hit again, but I'm just so happy that she is making these outstanding albums still for us to enjoy. But most importantly she looks so happy singing them on TV and enjoying herself. And I believe if it still makes her happy to make albums we will get more. All I can say if this album doesn't sell well then everyone else just has really poor taste in music nowadays. I'm not going to let numbers steal my high!

 

LOVE this post!! 100% agree!!

  • Like 4

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted
The reason I WANT a successful album is for my own selfish reasons. If this album is a success maybe SONY will push for another album in the near future and not another 6 years. So yes I'm 100% selfish in my reasoning!
  • Like 6
Posted

I don't see where they got the idea that the response to this album has been Lukewarm...the reviews have been more positive than negative.

I don't know but that's what I got from them as a reply to my email. Maybe they meant for the flopping of the first single but looking at HDD's predictions, it seems they weren't off by any margin whatsoever. Hopefully, the album will continue to see in the coming weeks, especially during the holiday season in the US.

  • Like 1
Posted

The reason I WANT a successful album is for my own selfish reasons. If this album is a success maybe SONY will push for another album in the near future and not another 6 years. So yes I'm 100% selfish in my reasoning!

That was my first thought, too! I said "Oh God! I can't wait another 6 years!"

  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
we won't wait so long, i'm sure of it. The babies are there. And if the album is not so successful, maybe she will do a jazzy album just for the fun next time.
  • Like 4
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
I agree we cannot wait another 6 years for a new album again!
  • Like 2
Posted
I'm surprised she did Dr. Oz instead of Kelly and Michael. I wonder if that would have affected the sales.
Posted

, maybe she will do a jazzy album just for the fun next time.

Man, I'd love for her to sing for fun! She says she's not trying to prove anything, but using the word "edgy" for the last 2 albums sure seems like they are trying to prove that she can sing modern music. The woman can sing ANYTHING. But I want her to sing for her career, not the goût du jour!!!

  • Like 3

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
it is just a prediction, chill out, guys...... why bother?!
  • Like 1
S'il suffisait d'aimer...
Posted

Man, I'd love for her to sing for fun! She says she's not trying to prove anything, but using the word "edgy" for the last 2 albums sure seems like they are trying to prove that she can sing modern music. The woman can sing ANYTHING. But I want her to sing for her career, not the goût du jour!!!

 

i think that sans attendre was fun, but it could still be better, i want a full album full of Overjoyed and Tant de temps...Sorry :giggle:

  • Like 1
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

The reason I WANT a successful album is for my own selfish reasons. If this album is a success maybe SONY will push for another album in the near future and not another 6 years. So yes I'm 100% selfish in my reasoning!

 

We didn't wait 6 years because of poor sales...we waited 6 years because she took 2 years to herself to have the twins, and literally 6 months after they were born, she was rehearsing for a new show, and then opening the new show. Everyone fails to remember that she took 2 year off after the tour.

  • Like 2

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted (edited)

 

 

We didn't wait 6 years because of poor sales...we waited 6 years because she took 2 years to herself to have the twins, and literally 6 months after they were born, she was rehearsing for a new show, and then opening the new show. Everyone fails to remember that she took 2 year off after the tour.

.

 

No excuse how hard is it to just do the recording of songs during a 2 year break? If she's recorded 1 song a month for 2 years that would be 24 songs. If she did one session a month that lasted a couple hours that's nothing and would still be Considered a break in my book.

Edited by Nmj
Posted

.

 

No excuse how hard is it to just do the recording of songs during a 2 year break? If she's recorded 1 song a month for 2 years that would be 24 songs. If she did one session a month that lasted a couple hours that's nothing and would still be Considered a break in my book.

 

A break is a break....when I take a vacation from work for 2 weeks, I don't go in for 1 day each week to wait a few tables just to "stay in the game"...that's ludicrous and goes for any other profession. When you are taking time off, you are taking time off..plain and simple. She was going through rigorous treatments. And if you remember, after she got pregnant, she still wanted to record..and her doctors told her not to because it would cause complications as she got further into her pregnancy. She's a human being and she's allowed to take time for herself and for her family.

  • Like 5

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

Vegas keeps her busy....

I think if she is not doing Vegas, she would release more albums and focus on other projects

  • Like 1

"Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songs

https://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...