Jump to content

Loved Me Back To Life - Worldwide Charts/Sales Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted
The UK story I believe will be quite different, fingers ultra hyper crossed. :)
Posted

The UK story I believe will be quite different, fingers ultra hyper crossed. :)

 

What makes u say that?

 

Kev x

Posted

 

 

What makes u say that?

 

Kev x

 

She's doing great promo on the week of release, and appearing in such relevant shows with great audience. Plus, Radio has been more on board with the project in your country... ;)

 

Don't you think so, Kev?

  • Like 2
Posted

She's doing great promo on the week of release, and appearing in such relevant shows with great audience. Plus, Radio has been more on board with the project in your country... ;)

 

Don't you think so, Kev?

 

True

She has 3 big promos line up, Ross, XFactor, and Dancing.

"Take the time to make the time to make each moment count" - Unfinished Songs

https://youtu.be/sh8iyY-X3UQ

Posted

Yeah I do hope so.... I'm rubbish with projections so I leave it to u guys!

 

Kev x

Posted (edited)

http://www.hitsdaily...s/rumormill.cgi

 

Sad Sad...Will be her lowest studio album sales debut in U.S since Miracle..

I blame for lack of promo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even less than Cher !!!!!!!!!

Huh??? What are you talking about? :huh:

 

In the United States, Closer to the Truth sold only 63,000 copies in its first week of release and debuted at number-three on the Billboard 200. So, even if Celine debut with only 70,000 copies, she will still have better first week sales than Cher.

Edited by GoldenLeaf
  • Like 4
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted

Yeah I do hope so.... I'm rubbish with projections so I leave it to u guys!

 

Kev x

 

I'm rubbish as well! :laugh:

 

What I say is that I do hope all these appearances will make her sell a lot in your country! ;)

  • Like 1
Posted

True

She has 3 big promos line up, Ross, XFactor, and Dancing.

 

It would have been so much cooler if she did The Voice and not X-Factor.

Posted (edited)

she won't necessarily debut at no 2...with that low sales, even Arcade Fire or Katy may beat that..

I don't think they could beat Celine's debut sales number, since Loved Me Back To Life is ahead of both Reflektor and Roar on amazon.com and iTunes US...

Edited by GoldenLeaf
normal_one-heart-7.jpg

Posted
Calm down people it's only been a day since it has been released!
Posted
for the time being #2 sounds great, but the actual sales prediction is kinda :down:
Posted
No Oprah virtual minimum radio play no media week of release no music video and this is what you get -- no surprising in hindsight
  • Like 2
Posted
If this is true, it will teach sony a lesson to pull their fingers out and get working on a music video and maybe second single promotion in January.
Posted
It's not a big deal if she debuts at #2 or #3 with 75,000 copies. It's pretty normal nowadays... look at Avril Lavigne with 45-50,000 copies and she's played on radio!! For Céline, this just means that it will be a steady seller and I'm sure she will be doing some big US shows before Christmas. Not sure but I think this might be Sony's strategy. ..They will give it a big push just before Christmas!!! ;)
  • Like 3
Posted
we have to wait a bit i think, with europe and all. This is more european than american this cd, i think.
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted
Last week's no 1 album in USA was the lowest selling or 12 years. These sales do not bother me. Top 5 chart visibility for now is more important and keeping up the publicity.
  • Like 2
Posted
Not having a music video for LMBTL was a huge mistake.
  • Like 4
Posted

we have to wait a bit i think, with europe and all. This is more european than american this cd, i think.

 

I was thinking the same a few moments ago. Poland, gold album on its first week, great. The iTunes placements on a lot of countries, great. UK promo and visibility on release date, great. Radio also much better than America.

 

I kinda suspected something strange when reading on other threads that there was lack of availability and zero displays on certain stores...

 

 

  • Like 3
Posted

 

 

It would have been so much cooler if she did The Voice and not X-Factor.

 

In the uk The Voice is considered to be a bit of flop which can't even compete with Britains Got Talent far less x factor which has been running 10 years now and still brings in 9-12 million viewers regularly. Strictly Come Dancing + x factor = maximum audience, Celine's team made the correct choice.

  • Like 2
Posted
She needs to target some mamas in her new round ; some may think this new sound is too modern-- she should do dancing with the stars in America and do overjoyed or at seventeen--or even breakaway
Posted

Initial estimates of the album's sales in the U.S. present the situation as a failure: 70-80 k copies sold instead of 160 k expected by SONY. (1st week) Source: U.S. Forecast by HDD

 

just saw this from the RH

Posted

These sales do not bother me. Top 5 chart visibility for now is more important and keeping up the publicity.

 

I agree with the statement if the album holds and has a good chart run, but if it drops like a bomb and it's out of the Billboard 200 within a few weeks, that would be something to worry about.

 

We do need new single, video, promo for the second single to turn things around!

 

 

Posted
Guys...I'm sure a lot of people saw The Today Show, and Jimmy Fallon as well as The View....and there was press all over the place that reached people nationwide about the Pandora concert. She did Dr. Oz today..he pulls in a lot of ratings. I think the promo has been pretty decent. She did the bulk of it last week, which really isn't enough time for people to forget that she had an album coming out only days after those appearances. And there's still more!! We didn't even know she had taped Dr. Oz when she was here in NY until maybe 2 days ago. Who knows what else was up the promo teams sleeve? Just sit back and stop speculating, it's only going to drive you all crazy.
  • Like 5

Matthew Charles - "Fix You" - Live at The Stonewall Inn

Stonewall Sensation - Season 15

Originally written and performed by Coldplay

Posted

I was thinking the same a few moments ago. Poland, gold album on its first week, great. The iTunes placements on a lot of countries, great. UK promo and visibility on release date, great. Radio also much better than America.

 

I kinda suspected something strange when reading on other threads that there was lack of availability and zero displays on certain stores...

you listen to the songs and it is different than what made her popular for the most part, if you forget some songs, that people have not seen anyway. I think she has done what she wanted , and i think they know in advance it won't be easy in the states.
  • Like 1
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted

Not having a music video for LMBTL was a huge mistake.

 

True but it was the Live in Quebec....maybe for the 2nd single we can hope?

Posted

Initial estimates of the album's sales in the U.S. present the situation as a failure: 70-80 k copies sold instead of 160 k expected by SONY. (1st week) Source: U.S. Forecast by HDD

 

just saw this from the RH

 

how could it be higher if there is no single? No one can't say that LMBTL is going to be one. It's already dead. And if she doesn't do bigger exposure than only those late night shows and The View it won't be better. We need a HIT

  • Like 1
A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
Posted (edited)

you listen to the songs and it is different than what made her popular for the most part, if you forget some songs, that people have not seen anyway. I think she has done what she wanted , and i think they know in advance it won't be easy in the states.

 

You're right and while I hated the TC promo when she started singing all her old songs and I was WTH isn't she singing all the new material! Maybe they did have an amazing promo that time, now that I think about it, because it was all about taking her back to the general public's consciouness while introducing a few songs from the new album.

 

I think sometimes we criticize too much without seeing that there is some rationale behind it all, myself totally included. :laugh:

Edited by LuisMa
  • Like 2
Posted
I wouldn't be surprised if this album is a bigger hit in Europe and rest of the world and flops in the US.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...