khader Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:18 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:18 PM (edited) UP To #1 In Portugal iTunes Albums Chart !!! Edited November 7, 2013 at 07:19 PM by khader 5 Quote
khader Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:30 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:30 PM (edited) UP To #5 In US iTunes Albums Chart !!! Edited November 7, 2013 at 07:42 PM by khader 2 Quote
GoldenLeaf Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:55 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 07:55 PM (edited) Céline opening week sales in Canada during the 00's... A New Day Has Come - 151,600 [#1]One Heart - 97,000 [#1]1 fille & 4 types - 44,532 [#1]Miracle - 20,200 [#1]D'elles - 72,200 [#1]Taking Chances - 79.354 [#1]Sans attendre - 92,135 [#1] On ne change pas - 34,000 [#2]My Love - Essential Collection - 17,700 [#2] And lets not forget she has the biggest one week sales tally of any album in Canadian chart history [soundscan era] with Lets Talk About Love which sold over 230,000 copies in its first week. Debuting at #2 in Canada behind Eminem will represent her first non-#1 debut of a studio album since 1995 This is based on what? Celine's new album has been selling better Eminem's on both Amazon Canada and iTunes Canada. Eminem isn't even in the Top10 on amazon.ca best sellers while Celine is at #2 (Regular Edition) and #10 (Deluxe Edition) As for iTunes Canada, the Regular Edition of his album is now at #1 but Celine has 2 albums inside the Top3 with the Regular and Deluxe Editions of LMBTL.http://i44.tinypic.com/2l9phd3.png Edited November 7, 2013 at 08:11 PM by GoldenLeaf 1 Quote
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:22 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:22 PM It is based on this: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/music/the-marshall-mathers-lp-2-by-eminem-tops-hmv-canada-cd-sales-chart-230992901.html And regardless of whether Céline has two albums in the top 3, for all we know that Eminem album could have a huge lead bigger than both Céline albums combined. Added to which, Eminem has/had three versions of his album in the top 20. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Javito Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:24 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:24 PM (edited) Which would you choose? A huge concert career where you earn tons of money or releasing a CD and getting factions of that? The industry has changed. Why can't people understand that? The industry has changed. Celine's concerts haven't And far from change and move forward I would say she has gone backwards a great deal, with her current show. Since she started her Vegas residency, her concerts have never been on a par with the albums she released. They did with all the english albums she released until 1999, but since then, her concerts have mainly focused on those pre-1999 albums and barely on the new material she had just released. It happened with ANDHC, and it happened with One Heart, which were the two albums who had the potential "single material" to bring her back to the mainstream radios worldwide, but she ignored those songs in her concerts, over and over again. Then in 2008, her TCWT brought some light, and she did perform a good deal of songs from that album. But yet Sony Music did not support the album, releasing more singles and videos at the same time as Celine was touring the world. Big mistake. And 2011 brought a new show in which she had the chance to ring back all those songs from past albums that she had never performed, however this show consists mainly on... I don't even want to talk about it. Wasted chance. You all know what it is and what its not Edited November 7, 2013 at 08:28 PM by Javito Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
GoldenLeaf Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:30 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:30 PM It is based on this: http://www.winnipegf...-230992901.html And regardless of whether Céline has two albums in the top 3, for all we know that Eminem album could have a huge lead bigger than both Céline albums combined. Added to which, Eminem has/had three versions of his album in the top 20.Hmm... I wonder what are the positions for Archambault : the largest music retailer in Quebec. 2 Quote
manu23 Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:49 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 08:49 PM I'm not quite sure if Vegas has affected so badly her international career, it seems that LMBTL is going to be more successful in Europe than in US, we'll never know how things would have been if A New Day had never happened. Mariah Carey was never in Vegas and her internationla career is way worst, so who knows Anyway, I would have stop A New Day after the 3rd year, just because of Celine's voice 1 Quote
Xpresso Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:18 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:18 PM Guys, this is a Charts/SalesTopic, no Vegas talk here too... 2 Quote
Jessyka Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:22 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:22 PM I'm not visiting this thread anymore. It's just too depressing. 2 Quote http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff5/backup674/Banners/Image1.jpg
Brady Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:25 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:25 PM LMBTL (single) is #117 on iTunes US. I really hope the haven't completely given up on it. It's her most radio friendly song in a long time. It deserves so much success. Can't they buy a radio deal like Mariah did for #beautiful? 2 Quote
dj4celine Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:29 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:29 PM LMBTL (single) is #117 on iTunes US. I really hope the haven't completely given up on it. It's her most radio friendly song in a long time.It deserves so much success. Can't they buy a radio deal like Mariah did for #beautiful? They did. Still it flopped Quote
Brady Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:36 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:36 PM They did. Still it flopped Mariah's deal was massive though. Her first day airplay broke records I believe. Team Celine has disappointed me. I think LMBTL will forever be the one that got away Quote
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:37 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:37 PM They did. Still it flopped Exactly. Her most important format [AC] didn't even support it. Which is really odd. They should never have had a radio deal with the song, and instead have allowed it to grow more organically. Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:38 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:38 PM Everyone stay positive: The problem with a new album coming out is that within the first 24-48 hours, everyone expects another hit! another 90s like hit. We all know its not going to happen. We all know that it isn't something that will happen right away. We know Sony has more promos planned in the U.S. But they aren't going to release it yet probably till she comes back. And her mini tour in Europe might help A LOT WITH SALES. she can cover ground lost here by selling more in Europe. Since the markets feed off one another, its possible that the U.S. might see a rebound. But we all know where sony screwed up, moving forward! the albums great, critically acclaimed, 3/5 and 3.5/5 starts on average. get off the negativity train people! your not helping 5 Quote
dj4celine Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:41 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:41 PM Mariah's deal was massive though. Her first day airplay broke records I believe. Team Celine has disappointed me. I think LMBTL will forever be the one that got away I won't blame Sony for this as they really tried whatever they could for this single as they totally believed in it (except maybe for the music video which I would say was the consequence of the song flopping) Exactly.Her most important format [AC] didn't even support it.Which is really odd.They should never have had a radio deal with the song, and instead have allowed it to grow more organically.Actually not. I know I may be getting in trouble for this later, but the song was rejected by many radio stations and radio jockeys flatly refusing to play any Celine Dion. As per an insider, they want people to be attracted to their stations and not be disgusted by it. I think I may have to edit this post very soon though 1 Quote
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:48 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:48 PM I won't blame Sony for this as they really tried whatever they could for this single as they totally believed in it (except maybe for the music video which I would say was the consequence of the song flopping) Actually not. I know I may be getting in trouble for this later, but the song was rejected by many radio stations and radio jockeys flatly refusing to play any Celine Dion. As per an insider, they want people to be attracted to their stations and not be disgusted by it. I think I may have to edit this post very soon though I think thats stupid! Sounds more like a ploy not make celine a big hit anymore. Its really sad thats the case Because I rarely listen to radio music anymore. I plug in my iPod. Playing celine dion won't disgust much. Its really sad! I mean it pisses me off knowing thats the case about it. Really does sound like a ploy to make sure celine never becomes famous again. 2 Quote
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:54 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:54 PM Well those radio stations have a point - I mean how disgusted can one feel, I mean she's only Céline Dion right... 1. The biggest-selling act in music of the last 25 years2. The highest-grossing female artist of the 90's and second highest-grossing female of the 00's 3. The most respected female vocalist in music of the last 20 years STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, FICKLE, IDIOTIC US radio stations. I hate the politics that go on behind the scenes of the US music industry. 7 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
Bóól'át'í Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:54 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:54 PM I won't blame Sony for this as they really tried whatever they could for this single as they totally believed in it (except maybe for the music video which I would say was the consequence of the song flopping) Actually not. I know I may be getting in trouble for this later, but the song was rejected by many radio stations and radio jockeys flatly refusing to play any Celine Dion. As per an insider, they want people to be attracted to their stations and not be disgusted by it. I think I may have to edit this post very soon though I've been saying this many moons ago - radio will not play Celine song. Or for that matter, any female over the age of 40. Radio is age-ist, sexist and any other -ist you can think of. And yes, they wanna protect their station's image by playing only current artists. I've said it befor and I'll say it again - what radio does is discriminatory but what can you do? Quote
manu23 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:59 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:59 PM (edited) It's sad to learn about this, but radios refuse to play her. I checked one of the Spanish radio stations website (Los40) to see if they said something about the new album and NADA, I searched and the last news they had was when Celine lost the baby during the fertility treatment It must be also sad for Celine, knowing that no matter how good her songs are (and LMBTL is) the general public will never listen to it, it's frustrating Edited November 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM by manu23 1 Quote
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:59 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 09:59 PM I've been saying this many moons ago - radio will not play Celine song. Or for that matter, any female over the age of 40. Radio is age-ist, sexist and any other -ist you can think of. And yes, they wanna protect their station's image by playing only current artists. I've said it befor and I'll say it again - what radio does is discriminatory but what can you do? I think I'm going to take my a** to change.org, start a petition demanding the play of celine and other artists and send it loud and proud to everyone, everywhere! share it on here, get at least a million hits and get people to understand!! playing music and keeping is one thing, but denying artists airplay based on that notion should be banned! every music should be given a chance, if not, then people need to send them a message. SHOULD I DO IT? Quote
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM I think I'm going to take my a** to change.org, start a petition demanding the play of celine and other artists and send it loud and proud to everyone, everywhere! share it on here, get at least a million hits and get people to understand!! playing music and keeping is one thing, but denying artists airplay based on that notion should be banned! every music should be given a chance, if not, then people need to send them a message. SHOULD I DO IT? BOOO!! It won't let me . Im totally pissed! Quote
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM Well those radio stations have a point - I mean how disgusted can one feel, I mean she's only Céline Dion right... 1. The biggest-selling act in music of the last 25 years2. The highest-grossing female artist of the 90's and second highest-grossing female of the 00's 3. The most respected female vocalist in music of the last 20 years STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, FICKLE, IDIOTIC US radio stations. I hate the politics that go on behind the scenes of the US music industry. I wish there was something we could do. Quote
Your_Su_Phu Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM Well those radio stations have a point - I mean how disgusted can one feel, I mean she's only Céline Dion right... 3. The most respected female vocalist in music of the last 20 years STUPID, STUPID, STUPID, FICKLE, IDIOTIC US radio stations. I hate the politics that go on behind the scenes of the US music industry. Gonna have to disagree with this one lol, but god bless her Quote
Bóól'át'í Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM Gonna have to disagree with this one lol, but god bless her +1 Quote
wjd Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM Gonna have to disagree with this one lol, but god bless her Maybe not at the time, but certainly from today looking back - she's a singer's singer and recognised as such by all the producers and collaborators she works with. 1 Quote Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Maybe not at the time, but certainly from today looking back - she's a singer's singer and recognised as such by all the producers and collaborators she works with. She's not a respected artist. She has been mostly critisized a lot by various people. I don't know why. I'm happy shes been in the game for 30 years. But I Bet they fear the fact that if she were to kick things into 100% hear, she would dominate everything like she did in the 90s. But we don't know the behind the scenes of the music industry. For all we know, they might not want her to succeed anymore??? idk. 1 Quote
Popular Post Alex_Incognito Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Popular Post Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Every time Myriah Carey is mentioned on this forum an angel gets run over by a car. 8 Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
nuts2you Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM I think I'm going to take my a** to change.org, start a petition demanding the play of celine and other artists and send it loud and proud to everyone, everywhere! share it on here, get at least a million hits and get people to understand!! playing music and keeping is one thing, but denying artists airplay based on that notion should be banned! every music should be given a chance, if not, then people need to send them a message. SHOULD I DO IT? be my guest, pls do we need something done here 2 Quote
BartFCS Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM Every time Myriah Carey is mentioned on this forum an angel gets run over by a car.I just died! ... 2 Quote
peanut91 Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM Posted November 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM be my guest, pls do we need something done here can I get someone to second that? LOL I will gladly start one, but I need everyones help in sharing it on twitter, facebook, youtube, on these forums, other forums, Imean REALLY share it not just in the U.S. BUT WORLDWIDE!!! 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.