Jump to content

Loved Me Back To Life - Worldwide Charts/Sales Topic


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm an American citizen and I approve this message :giggle:

 

But seriously.... it doesn't. And thank goodness for that. The rest of the world is full of amazing people.

people in U.S. are great too :)
  • Like 1
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....
Posted (edited)

American fans, please go buy a couple more copies! NOW! :dog:

 

The thought I had this morning is that I hope also that everybody in the forum has bought a copy, or pretend to do it.

Edited by LuisMa
  • Like 2
Posted

I wonder if the fact that there aren't a few editions of this album hinders the sales somewhat. For TC, at least, there were a few that we could collect if we wanted the DVD. This probably only matters when it comes to huge fans buying a few copies, but I'd imagine that this time most US fans just went with the Target edition.

 

And the fan who said "It will be the end of Celine" needs to get a grip!

  • Like 6

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
I'm more horrified at the lambs rejoicing over at the Mariah forum than anything else :giggle:
Posted
I don't think it would be that low. The sales would be increase this week end. Believe me beacuse i didn't believe my self :giggle:
Posted

people in U.S. are great too :)

 

Some of them ;) But that's the case wherever you go.

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Ok guys, this thread has become a very depressing thread to visit... All I can say is that Celine gave us possibly the best album she could deliver in 2013 and watch out for worldwide sales. And don't forget Columbia records representant said they are expecting huge sales on LONG TERM and this is not a one shot deal.

 

With christmas coming , it's gonna be a must as a gift, she is starting promo in Europe wich proOved to be her biggest market now.. and don't forget she is still big in Asia and eastern countries..

 

Don't worry, she will proove us wrong, she is Not done... maybe for young audience in U.S , but not for the world.

 

Long term sales all over the world will make you think twice before calling her DONE or HAS BEEN.

 

:)

 

Finally !!! something positive here !!!

thank you :)

Edited by khader
Posted

Céline opening week sales in Canada during the 00's...

 

A New Day Has Come - 151,600 [#1]

One Heart - 97,000 [#1]

1 fille & 4 types - 44,532 [#1]

Miracle - 20,200 [#1]

D'elles - 72,200 [#1]

Taking Chances - 79.354 [#1]

Sans attendre - 92,135 [#1]

 

On ne change pas - 34,000 [#2]

My Love - Essential Collection - 17,700 [#2]

 

And lets not forget she has the biggest one week sales tally of any album in Canadian chart history [soundscan era] with Lets Talk About Love which sold over 230,000 copies in its first week.

 

Debuting at #2 in Canada behind Eminem will represent her first non-#1 debut of a studio album since 1995 :(

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted
Are there any projections for the opening week in Canada? :)
Posted (edited)

Every king loses his throne someday

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

 

 

 

With that said

I like Eminem as an artist. But I don't see a 50, or a 60 year old rapper having a career.

Celine? She'll still be singing even with 1 foot in the grave

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
  • Like 3
Posted

This is just bad. Just bad :doh:

 

Especially for you, Dhruvie:

 

 

post-2841-0-21660800-1383846391_thumb.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Posted
I think we must also count, like said, that cds don't sell so much anymore. Spotify, downloading, youtube etc are the ways music is spreaded. Why pay for an album if it is so easy to take it from the internet? Of course we fans want the real stuff, the real cd with the booklet etc, but many people do not care for that anymore. They are already satisfied with a bunch of mp3s in a folder called celine dion_loved me back to life. The glorydays of the cd have been over for years..
  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

She's moving up on Amazon France, #4 now :)

 

#3 on amazon.com

  • Like 2
Posted

Of course, but isn't it all so silly to act as if Celine's such a special case? I don't know any fanbase who is completely satisfied with the way their artist is managed. LInkin Park pwned Celine's #ss with their second album when she released One heart, and yet with their latest album they only sold a fraction of what LMBTL is predicted to sell in the worst possible case scenario

Point in fact: coulda woulda shoulda, but I didn't do that ~**~~*~* is a common whinefest for any fandom but the truth is Celine's career is already one of the most ridiculously successful and long in music history. Perhaps we're expecting too much

 

Her success of today rests on the success she achieved before year 2000. In the decade of 2003-2013, her most acclaimed success has been to be quoted as having a show in Las Vegas which lasted 5 years and had 3 million spectators, but if we talk in terms of the music and what she has achieved with that new music, we can say very little sorry :down:. Her performing career has gone into one direction in this decade but her recording career has gone into a completely different way (thank God). Her concerts since 2003 are but an imitation of what she achieved between 1990-1999. The truth is that since 2003, she has barely brought new hits to her concerts, except those achieved in 2002 and the first single of 2003. Other than that, the "most successful and long career in music history" you speak of is the illusion of the career she built before 2000, because little efforts they've done to keep that career growing since 2003, and by her own merits (not the merits of the pre-2002 "My Heart Will Go On" singer).

 

 

I am that whoever and no I am not delusional! I don't believe that Celine can sell 20 million of a record anymore, duh! that's almost impossible nowadays, but I am realistic here. If LMBTL really only sells 70K in it's first week, then only 0,35% of who ever bought FIY, LTAL or ATW is still interested in buying a Celine record! And don't tell me they don't know about the new album, cos anyone who has visited her site, or facebook in the last few months knows she has a new album out! Where did those 20 million people go??? All I am saying is that if they choose the singles from ANDHC, OH and TC way more carefully and if she wasn't stuck in Vegas for the most of the 00's, then her popularity would be way bigger than it is today. Vegas was a gold mine for Celine and Rene, but it resulted in letting many believe Celine actually did retire in 1999 :dots:

 

Careful Davey, you're going into swampy fields with facts that not every fan here is ready to admit :innocent:

 

You know what I think of her Vegas adventure. To her it may be a chapter of her career that has provided stability and balance to her personal life. For the media and non-fans out there may be the dream project that every artist would love to achieve, having a successful show opening for consecutive years. But for a hard-die fan like me, who has followed her career for a decade and watched how she reached (and had all the requisites to keep at that top without much effort), Las Vegas is just a stain in the pages of her career. It has completely ruined her international career today.

 

That is not a drastic statement of me made from night to day.

 

In 2003, her arrival to the Colosseum of Caesars Palace was incredible. The world had the eyes on her, and it was exciting.

 

In 2004, after almost two hundred concerts in only one year, her voice began to suffer, and the playback story began. It was ok. She was young and she could handle it.

 

In 2006, people began to wonder where Celine Dion was, as the show was each time more and more time consuming and the news about her became scarce. She began to get sick with an inusual frequence never seen on her career before.

 

In 2007, it wasn't fun anymore. By the end of the show she was extremely skinny and she was tired, you could see that on her face. But the girl was happy because she was touring the world, she had a new album to promote and that would allow her to get some fresh air.

 

2011. Who knows what led her to go back to Las Vegas. I don't think the family balance was the only reason. Only God knows how much Caesars Palace has payed her to return with them. But a second show in the same place, and extended until 2019? That's going to kill her international career (if its not in its last steps).

 

But she wanted it. She wanted this to happen this way. She didn't want to tour with A New Day Has Come and show the world that she wasn't only the singer of cheesy ballads that everyone is labelling her today to be like. She didn't want to promote ANDHC and One Heart albums the way they deserved,because those albums HAD the material to put her on the spot through the main gate, but she didn't bet on that fresh material back then, and Sony's bad promotion didn't help either. She has closed too many doors staying in Vegas, and many wrong choices had been made since 2003, and some other important deals have been cancelled because of Vegas.

 

But she wanted it this way. That's the way it is! :unsure:

 

All I hope now is that she keeps her passion for recording new music in the studio the more time the better, because only new albums can save her career from stagnation, since her concerts are in a deadlock to me (since years).

  • Like 7

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted
I think Javito needs to go and lay his baddehh down...
  • Like 7
Posted
Jesus wept.
  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted

I agree with Wouter. Things have totally changed. It's not imposible to get a super 20 million-selling album, but it comes once in a blue moon, and it's not often from an established act.

 

Seasons change, people change, tastes change... fans move on, or find another artist they like...

 

I was so mad during the Taking Chances era that it ruined the whole Celine experience. Hadn't I been cursing or finding fault in many aspects, I would have enjoyed a lot of little details that I missed. I have been discovering them through the years, but I feel mad at myself for tarnishing them.

 

Celine's fanbase is solid. The album will sell, not as we want to at first, and of course not humongously unless something great happens, but it'll hopefully pick up some steam. Thanksgiving is coming which is good for album sales, the holiday season, the amazing European promo.

  • Like 1
Posted

Lots of what Javito said was true.

 

Ultimately, Vegas has had an untold impact on her recording career.

 

By the way, its seeming more likely that the list I posted above of HDD estimates is fake - so keep your fingers crossed!

 

HDD will be posting another update tonight - as is usual - lets hope she's kept her estimates and hasn't declined any.

  • Like 1

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted (edited)

Notwithstanding my previous post, may I say (I'm using Céline's speech now :giggle:) that I couldn't care less about charts, as long as I LOVE what's inside the album (and of course as long as her performance in charts doesn't jeopardize the frequency in which we get future albums!).

 

But I think charts are the least concern for the hard-die fans here. For me, if I liked Celine only because of her music, I would be long ago that I wouldn't be on this forum, sharing opinions, checking the Internet for news about her or watching her videos. I would just wait until she releases an album, buy it and listen it in my home, nothing else (like I do with many other artists I like, but not at the level of Céline). But with Céline, my love and respect for this girl goes well beyond the music she sings, since almost the very first days of being a fan. I began falling in love with her songs, but now I keep falling in love when I just see her talk in an interview. She's much more than a singer, and she enchantes me beyond her songs.

 

Charts? Who cares? Well surely Sony Music do care. But they have to, its their job to earn they living getting a percentage of each CD sold. But having 7.000 or 700.000 copies sold the first week of its release can't spoil the excitement we have for having a new album of Celine. Like someone said before, who knows when the next one will come.

 

That said... Having bad choices of singles? Cancelled videoclips? Concerts in which she breaks her #ss singing random songs picked out of the blue instead of the new songs of her own discography? That concerns me. That pisses me off. Because in some way, it's like they're cheating. They're giving everything to attract audiences to her shows, singing popular covers so that people comes to see her and have sold out shows, and then when she records a new album, she only gives halfway, it's as if they didn't want the same success as with her shows. That really disappoints me.

 

 

I think Javito needs to go and lay his baddehh down...

 

Alors je te dis je m'en fous, je m'en fous... :giggle:

Edited by Javito
  • Like 3

post-6419-0-03966000-1556709612.jpg

 

"Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"

Posted

Lots of what Javito said was true.

 

Ultimately, Vegas has had an untold impact on her recording career.

 

Which would you choose? A huge concert career where you earn tons of money or releasing a CD and getting factions of that? The industry has changed. Why can't people understand that?
  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted
How can you say that her international career is done when she's having seven sold out shows in Paris? The new album is doing really well in the charts here in Europe.. ( Sans Attendre did as well) :unsure:
  • Like 3
Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Posted
Personally I hate the title of "Queen of Vegas" when Vegas has negatively impacted her career - especially her recording career. But it's what she wants so......
  • Like 1
Posted

Which would you choose? A huge concert career where you earn tons of money or releasing a CD and getting factions of that? The industry has changed. Why can't people understand that?

 

I would choose for her instead to have promoted fully the releases she had and toured the world.

 

In eight months of touring the world, she made $280m. In 4 years of Vegas shows, she made $390m.

 

If this was just about money, she'd do it the Madonna way and just tour the world - Madonna has made over $900m during the 00's from touring, and touring is simply a much more financially viable lifestyle. But obviously Céline wants the stability of Vegas and that's fine. But you'd better be prepared to live with the consequences and this time around they COULD be severe in terms of her US career.

 

I emphasise "could".

  • Like 3

Céline Dion, music's greatest ever singer, the biggest-selling Canadian artist of all-time and most successful female live act ever - what's not to love?

Posted
Personally I am just so thrilled to be able to have a new Celine CD in English in my hands... I have never seen her live in concert, and my liflong dream is to someday be able to do that... I really like for Celine to be successful, but stay more in the second line these days. Music is pretty bad quality these days, and other "qualities" are wanted now... Celine is the old school, good school, and she should stay that way, with every bit of modern in her music...
  • Like 2
Posted

I would choose for her instead to have promoted fully the releases she had and toured the world.

 

 

As a fan you'd choose this, but as Celine you wouldn't lol

  • Like 2

"People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."

- Céline Dion, 1990

Posted (edited)

I would choose for her instead to have promoted fully the releases she had and toured the world.

 

In eight months of touring the world, she made $280m. In 4 years of Vegas shows, she made $390m.

 

If this was just about money, she'd do it the Madonna way and just tour the world - Madonna has made over $900m during the 00's from touring, and touring is simply a much more financially viable lifestyle. But obviously Céline wants the stability of Vegas and that's fine. But you'd better be prepared to live with the consequences and this time around they COULD be severe in terms of her US career.

 

I emphasise "could".

 

I think it would have been impossible for anyone with children - or even without children, to maintain the hectic 90s schedule Celine had where she not only released an album every year, but toured to support it.

Even without Vegas, at best she would've had 1 or 2 more tours.

 

Vegas not only gave her stability, it also cemented her place in pop music history because it was a "first", and tons of music acts followed. First it was just crusty legends, and now it's Britney...

Edited by Your_Su_Phu
  • Like 2
Posted
I'm not sure if I agree with Javito... that post was too long for my attention span... :P
  • Like 1
Posted

I'm not sure if I agree with Javito... that post was too long for my attention span... :P

 

did Javito made a post? :eek:

  • Like 3
Plus qu'ailleurs , but now Si c'était à refaire , i still love tant de temps....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...