Brady Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM (edited) oh I just saw a preview for Britney Spears her new videoclip...... so trashy! and the girl cannot sing at all. Tell me why is this trash on the radio and Celine's megasong loved me back to life not???? I just can't believe it.Hmm, i agree with LMBTL not being on the radio, but OMG Britney looks amazing in that video! Best she's looked in years!And i love Work Bi*ch Edited September 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM by Brady Quote
mebe Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:18 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:18 AM Well it's not a remix, it's just a mix...It's not much different but still a very good song! Quote
mebe Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:29 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:29 AM And maybe it's not even the mix they are talking about...since it's supposed to air Saturday morning... Quote
ashtonelijah Posted September 28, 2013 at 02:29 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 02:29 AM Why did they use a picture of her from Memphis 1997? 4 Quote http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/warathogwarts/lovedmebackbanner.jpg
Fran Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM The song is now on air BBC2 Quote
Fran Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM What? No difference... Just shorter! Quote
Shamrock_1982 Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM Shorter intro, and the backing vocals are louder, and because of that the scream in the bridge is not as noticable... need to give it another listen to see what I think of it. 2 Quote
QueenCeline87 Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM Less ah ai ai at the start is all!! Great to hear it on radio though!! Quote http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-RQtOAL6F2I/TAZl-_MB2AI/AAAAAAAAAiI/bkJK6a44q3o/s1600/celine-dion-goodbyes-the-saddest-word.jpg
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM I just listened to the "remix" on BBC Radio 2 and... well.. very few differences between this and the original album version. Reminds me of what they did to Qui Peut Vivre Sans Amour? earlier this year. 1 Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
guyddavies Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM Its a slap in the face to the fans, announcing a new mix that turns out to be a radio edit, im sorry I usually defend sony but in this case im pretty fed up that they would use tactics like this 2 Quote
Niko's Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM What? No difference... Just shorter! The introduction was shorter, but also the drums during the chorus were different, and the backings were a bit differently mixed.But that's just small changes... I think we can just call it a radio edit version. 2 Quote http://echo.levillage.org/220/images/3993.gif
J-Man Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM (edited) It's true, that barely classified as a radio edit, let alone a remix. But the song didn't need a radio edit anyway, so shortening the aye ayes is about all they could've would've should've done with it in that respect.Hope that the rumoured single remixes are a lot better than this.Graham's comments about luring her back to the studio by hanging a carrot from the mic is probably going to ruffle a few fan feathers, but then that's his kind of humour. You just have to take it in the spirit of having a bit of a silly giggle. Edited September 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM by J-Man Quote http://www.powerofthemusic.com/other/FORUMSIG1.png
Macaronie Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM Better. The ''ah ah ai's'' are getting on my nervous tits. 2 Quote
Fran Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM With less aiaiaia is more rsdio friendly but I was waiting for a remix ;(, anyway finally she is on radio.... 1 Quote
Javito Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM Its a slap in the face to the fans, announcing a new mix that turns out to be a radio edit, im sorry I usually defend sony but in this case im pretty fed up that they would use tactics like this Why you defend Sony? You have to do that or are you paid by them? What's to defend of what they're doing with her career? Sony actually owes much more to Céline than viceversa today, and all Sony Music is doing is kicking her #ss over and over again through the years. 1 Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
LuisMa Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM A lot of years ago there was an album called We Invented The Remix. One thing that's for sure, it wasn't under the Sony Music label. 2 Quote
guyddavies Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM Why you defend Sony? You have to do that or are you paid by them? What's to defend of what they're doing with her career? Sony actually owes much more to Céline than viceversa today, and all Sony Music is doing is kicking her #ss over and over again through the years. Because celine tends to take a back seat in her own promo, she goes on a couple of shows and thats it usually, which is fair eno6gh she has kids, but I dont see what more sony can do? Radio will not play her in the usa how else can they promote her? Yes they could release a music video but that would be dependent on celine actually filming one. My brother said it best the other day, yes hes not a huge celine fan but he said record companies will only invest in promo if the artist is willing to invest all of their time, I mean cher has had tons of promo, but she has also put the work in, yes she doesnt have kids but she is 67 and therefore stressful to start with but she as been doing tons of media and it paid off, her album is number 3 behind drake and kings of leon, beating elton john who was expected to do well. The point is as my brother said sony will make money anyway, the prestige of a number one is for celine, if she doesnt care why should sony invest their own money when it will make them so little extra money compared to what the promo would would cost? Thats why I defend sony, as they are a scapegoat when fans are upset the music didnt do as well. When celine and sony worked together well she sold millions, but I dont think warners would do any different if celine didnt give 100% Quote
anewdayhascome Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:41 AM has anyone heard it? Quote A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019 Paris 12th September 2nd and 3rd October 2026
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM Please, did anyone record this radio edit? Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
mike_z Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM BTW, Cher just sang again "I Hope You Find It" live at Letterman... her Miley Cyrus cover-ballad.At the beginning she was supposed to promote "Take It Like A Man" which is a club anthem as a second single, but I think she's switching to the ballads, smart move. I think it's what sells now for established acts! BTW, here's the video, which proves the last performance at the Today Show as well as this one were entirely live. Totally different from each other. And she looked fab! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtYbfycaonY Quote
mike_z Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM Posted September 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM The introduction was shorter, but also the drums during the chorus were different, and the backings were a bit differently mixed.But that's just small changes... I think we can just call it a radio edit version. They might be changing it to sound like a "traditional Celine Dion ballad" which appeals more to her audience at least! Quote
Fran Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM They might be changing it to sound like a "traditional Celine Dion ballad" which appeals more to her audience at least! I heard the song this morning, the begining is shorter and some chorus changes, but almost the same Quote
Celine Fan 77 Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:39 PM I heard the song this morning, the begining is shorter and some chorus changes, but almost the same I heard it on BBC 2 as well, at first I didn't notice any differences at all but anyway... Still nice that they played her on the radio Quote Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
Alex_Incognito Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM Damn. I want to hear it. I think the song needs a radio edit to make it more radio friendly. Plus it'll be nice tonhave a different non album version cut. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
Javito Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM I haven't heard the new edit yet but I have a question: why they have to shorten a song which is already short originally? Quote "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Alex_Incognito Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM I haven't heard the new edit yet but I have a question: why they have to shorten a song which is already short originally? Because the beginning goes on far too long to be radio friendly. Several people I know say they don't care for that part. Quote "People pay 20-25 dollars to see you."- Céline Dion, 1990
LuisMa Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM I haven't heard the new edit yet but I have a question: why they have to shorten a song which is already short originally? They used to do it a lot in the 80s/90s, but I think it was a marketing strategy, as several cassette and CD singles had the legend EDIT or RADIO EDIT next to the song title, so they would capitalize by having two or more different song versions for the public to buy. But now, I really don't see the point of shortening a song that is not too long, as you said. If they were going to sell that edit on a physical CD single or as a different download track, then there would be a bit of logic. Quote
marc-02 Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:30 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:30 PM Can somebody upload this radio friendly version... i have a feeling this is slightly better... Quote
DionFanAlways Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:34 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:34 PM I like the iiiii's untouched. 1 Quote I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
shak ali Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:43 PM Posted September 28, 2013 at 01:43 PM the intro is the best part.its got a hook with amazing drum beats in between... 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.