Jump to content

Céline, Une Seule Fois - Sur Les Plaines D'Abraham (July 27, 2013)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone in Belgium can watch the concert in HD quality by clicking HERE.

 

post-409-0-77162000-1388927532_thumb.png

  • Like 1

www.celinecn.com

Youtube | Sohu 

Posted
Do we know when this will be released yet, Sure hope we have it before winter ends
  • Like 1
Posted
Me too! I know they said after the holiday's.... I just wish they'd announce something about it. I do wish it would air in the US!! Even as a PPV would be fine with me. I'd buy it there and record it until the DVD is released. LOL
  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
I really hope that blu-ray with great sound and extras will be released as well.
Posted

We will not get bercy and antwerp footage. Those videos on the screens were only for displaying them in the venue.

She was vocally better then i have ever heard her. But since there were no extra cameras during these concerts of course they will not put them on the dvd. A one camera recording is not interesting for them. Even though we would not care. But they look for the commercial aspect, so a boring one camera recording will not qualify for them.

We can only hope for a live cd. But i think, since they already have shown une seule fois on paytv and already autotuned parts they will not take time to edit the footage of bercy and antwerp. Too much work for them.

  • Like 2
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted (edited)

We will not get bercy and antwerp footage. Those videos on the screens were only for displaying them in the venue.

She was vocally better then i have ever heard her. But since there were no extra cameras during these concerts of course they will not put them on the dvd. A one camera recording is not interesting for them. Even though we would not care. But they look for the commercial aspect, so a boring one camera recording will not qualify for them.

We can only hope for a live cd. But i think, since they already have shown une seule fois on paytv and already autotuned parts they will not take time to edit the footage of bercy and antwerp. Too much work for them.

That is sad news. I hope you are somehow proven wrong...! I was really anticipating a CD/DVD release from this tour, not only some friends of mine who got there had nothing but praisings to say, but also several fan-videos from the concerts were absolutely amazing! I was also looking forward to a CD/DVD release that would finally include the criminally underrated and neglected TLDH, JNVOP and Immensite. :cry: I was also hoping Celine would release a live album during 2014 (since a studio album seems out of question), and what a better option she'd have than a release from her concerts in Bercy! I always had the impression that the French albums DCP, D'eux and SSD were further established as career-records once Celine released a live album for each one of them. Such a shame if she won't do this for SA too, which is arguably the 3rd best selling French studio album of her entire career. In a way, it'd be as if she doesn't do this album justice. :( Edited by LukeD
  • Like 3
Posted

That is sad news. I hope you are somehow proven wrong...! I was really anticipating a CD/DVD release from this tour, not only some friends of mine who got there had nothing but praisings to say, but also several fan-videos from the concerts were absolutely amazing! I was also looking forward to a CD/DVD release that would finally include the criminally underrated and neglected TLDH, JNVOP and Immensite. :cry: I was also hoping Celine would release a live album during 2014 (since a studio album seems out of question), and what a better option she'd have than a release from her concerts in Bercy! I always had the impression that the French albums DCP, D'eux and SSD were further established as career-records once Celine released a live album for each one of them. Such a shame if she won't do this for SA too, which is arguably the 3rd best selling French studio album of her entire career. In a way, it'd be as if she doesn't do this album justice. :(

 

I totally agree! I was really hoping for a DVD of her concerts at Bercy, but I wouldn't be as crushed if they release a live album in 2014.. Plus, she didn't perform TLDH, JNVOP, or Immensité at USF and they sounded fantastic!

 

We will not get bercy and antwerp footage. Those videos on the screens were only for displaying them in the venue.

She was vocally better then i have ever heard her. But since there were no extra cameras during these concerts of course they will not put them on the dvd. A one camera recording is not interesting for them. Even though we would not care. But they look for the commercial aspect, so a boring one camera recording will not qualify for them.

We can only hope for a live cd. But i think, since they already have shown une seule fois on paytv and already autotuned parts they will not take time to edit the footage of bercy and antwerp. Too much work for them.

 

How would it be too much work for them?! This is even more reason to replace her team :)

  • Like 1
Posted

That is sad news. I hope you are somehow proven wrong...! I was really anticipating a CD/DVD release from this tour, not only some friends of mine who got there had nothing but praisings to say, but also several fan-videos from the concerts were absolutely amazing! I was also looking forward to a CD/DVD release that would finally include the criminally underrated and neglected TLDH, JNVOP and Immensite. :cry: I was also hoping Celine would release a live album during 2014 (since a studio album seems out of question), and what a better option she'd have than a release from her concerts in Bercy! I always had the impression that the French albums DCP, D'eux and SSD were further established as career-records once Celine released a live album for each one of them. Such a shame if she won't do this for SA too, which is arguably the 3rd best selling French studio album of her entire career. In a way, it'd be as if she doesn't do this album justice. :(

 

Well actually 'Sans Attendre' is going to get a live "album" (or at least a DVD), with 'Une Seule Fois', which features 6 songs from the album, while the shows of the european tour featured just 4 (with the exception of the opening night in Antwerp, during which Celine also sang 'Le Miracle')

  • Like 3

Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013)

Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016)

Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017)

Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)

Posted (edited)

That is sad news. I hope you are somehow proven wrong...! I was really anticipating a CD/DVD release from this tour, not only some friends of mine who got there had nothing but praisings to say, but also several fan-videos from the concerts were absolutely amazing! I was also looking forward to a CD/DVD release that would finally include the criminally underrated and neglected TLDH, JNVOP and Immensite. :cry: I was also hoping Celine would release a live album during 2014 (since a studio album seems out of question), and what a better option she'd have than a release from her concerts in Bercy! I always had the impression that the French albums DCP, D'eux and SSD were further established as career-records once Celine released a live album for each one of them. Such a shame if she won't do this for SA too, which is arguably the 3rd best selling French studio album of her entire career. In a way, it'd be as if she doesn't do this album justice. :(

 

Of course this is only my point of view. Problem is that everything comes down to selling the product as best as possible. We as fans dont care for a one camera performance, we don't care when she forgets the lyrics or when she is offkey occasionly. But the product has to sell. Multiple angle recording make a show interesting on a tv. People are not interested in a boring one angle recording, people do not want to hear the best singer in the world singing offkey or seeing her forgetting lyrics. So either they autotune that, or like in the case of the taking chances worldtour, completely redub the songs in studio.

I am glad we do have fans that recorded the shows on video and audio during last minitour. This is what we have and some great memories. But a dvd with these shows, i highly doubt it. Audiocd of the minitour...could be, but i could see them releasing the audio of une seule fois instead. That is most likely what will or can happen.

Edited by browseceline
  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

I was dreaming that 'Live A Bercy' will be the follow up to 'Live A L'Olympia' and 'Live A Paris'. :P

 

great dream!

  • Like 1

Team Céline Dion Brazil

@lu_celinefan

Posted

I was dreaming that 'Live A Bercy' will be the follow up to 'Live A L'Olympia' and 'Live A Paris'. :P

 

"Live à Paris... Part D'eux" :giggle:

  • Like 5
Posted
Has anyone heard any news/rumors about the DVD release? It would be awesome if they included songs from the European concert, at least the ones that she didn't sing in Quebec :wub:
Posted (edited)

We will not get bercy and antwerp footage. Those videos on the screens were only for displaying them in the venue.

She was vocally better then i have ever heard her. But since there were no extra cameras during these concerts of course they will not put them on the dvd. A one camera recording is not interesting for them. Even though we would not care. But they look for the commercial aspect, so a boring one camera recording will not qualify for them.

We can only hope for a live cd. But i think, since they already have shown une seule fois on paytv and already autotuned parts they will not take time to edit the footage of bercy and antwerp. Too much work for them.

 

A DVD of the Bercy shows would look very much like this video, which was created exclusively from the many fixed cameras used for the big screens above the stage:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mFzgfKN4w

 

Based on all the different shots they used on the giant screens in Bercy, it's clear they have plenty of angles to choose from, shots following Celine as well as shots of the band and crowd. As a fan, I would be perfectly satisfied with a DVD like this.

 

I understand your point about it needing to appeal to the general public, but many artists live DVDs are not even as good as this. Bryan Adams' latest acoustic live DVD was filmed mostly with handheld cameras! I think the best option is to release a live Bercy CD, then have a deluxe edition with a Bercy DVD included.

Edited by Timster
  • Like 4
Posted

 

 

A DVD of the Bercy shows would look very much like this video, which was created exclusively from the many fixed cameras used for the big screens above the stage:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3mFzgfKN4w

 

Based on all the different shots they used on the giant screens in Bercy, it's clear they have plenty of angles to choose from, shots following Celine as well as shots of the band and crowd. As a fan, I would be perfectly satisfied with a DVD like this.

 

I understand your point about it needing to appeal to the general public, but many artists live DVDs are not even as good as this. Bryan Adams' latest acoustic live DVD was filmed mostly with handheld cameras! I think the best option is to release a live Bercy CD, then have a deluxe edition with a Bercy DVD included.

 

 

Of course i hope you are right..but in Celineland we cannot be sure. Hoe often were we promised this or that and how often was a dvd postponed. I am not so confident anymore. Une Seule Fois,..yes..but Bercy or Antwerp footage..no. But they can still proof i was wrong, but i do not think they will..

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted
I really hope we get a LIVE A BERCY cd.. but I don't think we will. We're lucky enough to have Une Seule Fois and that it has been broadcasted in many territories around the world (Latin America, eastern europe, etc) especially considering its a francophone concert!
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
I really think with releasing "Une Seule Fois" we'd be lucky to get a second DVD of almost the same concert. She did change some things but she wore the same costumes, etc. Maybe we'll get some bonus songs or something to go with "Une Seule Fois"? Or perhaps there will be a two disc CD....one for each concert and they each have songs the other concert didn't have, generally speaking. I love JNVP and TLDH!! But I also love some of the line up from Quebec.....she went back to the beginning and somewhat spanned her career whereas the Bercy/Antwerp concerts had a lot from the last decade. Tough call but I'm hoping for some sort of combo deal here as I don't think we'll get two different DVD's. Edit: although I do wish they'd announce a release date or tentative release time-frame. Edited by ehild

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

we're still waiting… they really like to keep us waiting.. probably after christmas 2015?? :P

I think their after Christmas might be March or April, plus a couple of postponements. So who knows when it will actually be released. Let's see how long this will take. Let's hope that they maybe surprise us. I don't know. It comes when it comes. Am really looking forward to it though. Hope you all had a wonderful New Year, and a healthy and Blessed 2014.

 

Sharon

Maybe we'll get it holidays this year? :giggle: They do like to keep us waiting here. I remember rumors of the album before it was announced and then it changed so much once it was announced. At least with this, there's only one of the concert and there's not really much they can change since it already happened. So at least they can try to stick to the release date without too much postponement, if any. The only thing I can think of is adding bonus material from Bercy/Antwerp and it'll be released March/April time frame, too.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

Maybe we'll get it holidays this year? :giggle: They do like to keep us waiting here. I remember rumors of the album before it was announced and then it changed so much once it was announced. At least with this, there's only one of the concert and there's not really much they can change since it already happened. So at least they can try to stick to the release date without too much postponement, if any. The only thing I can think of is adding bonus material from Bercy/Antwerp and it'll be released March/April time frame, too.

 

I would literally die if it takes until Christmas for them to release this.

  • Like 1
Posted

I would literally die if it takes until Christmas for them to release this.

Me too! I don't think it will but they definitely take their time with things. On one hand it's good because, usually, the finished product is worth the wait and Celine quality. On the other hand, I'm not always the most patient person when I want something lol.

  • Like 1

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted

 

Me too! I don't think it will but they definitely take their time with things. On one hand it's good because, usually, the finished product is worth the wait and Celine quality. On the other hand, I'm not always the most patient person when I want something lol.

 

You think so? The taking chances worldtour dvd have been polished till there was no live feeling anymore, audiencesounds were reduced to zero and some songs, esspecially were redone in studio ( tpol)

  • Like 1
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Posted

You think so? The taking chances worldtour dvd have been polished till there was no live feeling anymore, audiencesounds were reduced to zero and some songs, esspecially were redone in studio ( tpol)

I liked the DVD. They definitely re-mastered some things but I think they do that with everything these days.

~Liz
"Please don't make your career your life. Let it be your passion, let it bring you pleasure, but don't let it become your identity. You are so much more valuable than that." -Celine

Posted
I have a question guys. Somebody of you saw Celine in the European mini tour? Do somebody have the tourbook? I want scans of it because it has beatiful pics :D
Posted

If only Celine's team were like Brayn Adams - just read these tweets:

 

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/ShuttleDiscovery/bryanadamstweets.jpg

 

 

He's actually received audio bootlegs from fans and found the original stage screen footage from Wembley in 1996 and is going to attempt to put the two together! Simply amazing...

 

With this kind of attitude, Celine's team could be sharing loads of unseen special moments from Celine's career for us die-hard fans to enjoy.

why is he doing that? His show was not recorded back then? I believe each show of Celine is recorded, right?
post-5889-0-11519200-1681245149_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

If only Celine's team were like Brayn Adams - just read these tweets:

 

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk17/ShuttleDiscovery/bryanadamstweets.jpg

 

 

He's actually received audio bootlegs from fans and found the original stage screen footage from Wembley in 1996 and is going to attempt to put the two together! Simply amazing...

 

With this kind of attitude, Celine's team could be sharing loads of unseen special moments from Celine's career for us die-hard fans to enjoy.

Well..................... coulda, woulda and shoulda! The HUGE question is why can't they (team Celine) get with the program! :rolleyes: It would be nice! Edited by DionFanAlways
I have had the time of my life following this woman! Much love.
Posted (edited)

why is he doing that? His show was not recorded back then? I believe each show of Celine is recorded, right?

 

Well this particular show of Bryan Adams at Wembley Stadium was clearly not recorded for TV/DVD, but they did have cameras in the stadium for the big screens, like most concerts do. It seems this footage was lost for many years, and has only just been discovered. As for the audio - it's likely they never recorded the sound as it was never intended to be used for anything.

 

Celine's team record the video AND the audio for every show she does. It's so obvious, as they are always able to show a performance from her shows on TV (and also look back at particular shows, like the performance of SM during AND when Michel walked on stage to surprise Celine). There is plenty of TV footage from the 90s and her Vegas show to support this. There are always cameras used for the big screens during her concerts, it is the footage from these cameras that is used most of the time. Only when they intentionally record for a DVD do they bring in extra moving cameras to provide better shots.

Edited by Timster
  • Like 2
Posted
You guys need to go over to TC website and request this to them, or better yet quest it to Sony/ J production, it s the only way to get this to work, We really NEED this on DVD.,, or ask the RH team if they have heard anything about this,
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...