couldawouldashoulda Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:35 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:35 AM Absolutely harsh. But TRUE! It's time to become adults and stop wallowing in this "pop star I've never met thinks I'm the greatest thing EVER" bull. I like to buy Celine's albums because I like to hear her sing. I don't live in this deluded mindset that she knows who I am and creates her albums just for me. Because she sits around her huge mansion on her island and thinks about what *I* want to hear her record. Come 'on. I come to this thread like everyone else...looking for news about the new freaking album. Not to hear some 19 year old delude himself.
TommKat22 Posted February 5, 2012 at 09:11 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 09:11 AM Absolutely harsh. But TRUE! It's time to become adults and stop wallowing in this "pop star I've never met thinks I'm the greatest thing EVER" bull. I like to buy Celine's albums because I like to hear her sing. I don't live in this deluded mindset that she knows who I am and creates her albums just for me. Because she sits around her huge mansion on her island and thinks about what *I* want to hear her record. Come 'on. I come to this thread like everyone else...looking for news about the new freaking album. Not to hear some 19 year old delude himself. If you're talking about me; a) I'm not 19. I didn't say I agreed with her, I just said that we should be nice to each other on here. Tommy
TommKat22 Posted February 5, 2012 at 09:11 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 09:11 AM That smiley face was supposed to be a "b" lol Tommy
stevo Posted February 5, 2012 at 09:50 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 09:50 AM To the tune of Celine's (cover) hit song: All By Myself. When I was youngThe forum was a happy placeEveryone would smile and sing...Those days are gone. Now we can seeThat Celine has lost the driveShe only sings and mimes for cashThe album's dead. Where did she go??I want to know!She must say no... etc etc
browseceline Posted February 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM (edited) I agree that the forum is quite negative lately. I don't think Celine completely does not care about her fans. But she is a millionselling mega-artist that does her job, and she is good in it. We all have seen the documentary Celine 3Boys and a new Show and we have seen Through The Eyes of The World. If she did not care for her fans at all, she would not give this exclusive insidelook in her house and her life. I think she does care for her fans but not like in the 90s. Priorities have changes, the whole musicbusiness has changed and she has come to the point that she is finished with stardom I think. Vegas gives her the best of both worlds; singing/performing and having a stable familylife and providing that for her children. She wants them to grow up in the most normal setting. She just works in the evenings and she is okay with it. So I think she loves being on stage too, otherwise she could have stopped immediately. But I think the experience she now had in Jamaica might change her mind, that it can be different, that it can be wonderful with the right kind of audience! I don't think the Vegas audience is the audience she loves to perform for. Most of them just come because it is Celine and just want to hear her hits or just want to hear powerhouse Dion. They don't jump from their seats, they don't yell and or sing along, they don't dance on their chairs... So I think Celine might change her mind about Vegas and start doing new things after the contract I hope. I think we can at least expect that the whole show in its current setting will be changed in a few years. I am looking forward for that I have to say. I want the show to be more Celine and be more original. But about this forum, we all have the right to say what is on our minds, because that's where a forum is for. Just stay nice to each other, respect everyone's opinion, that's all Edited February 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM by browseceline <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bell Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM Good job, Stevo, I really liked it! 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Javito Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM When I see those videos in which she signs autographs in front of hotels for looong minutes not leaving any fan without a signature of her, I know she cares about us... but is that the best way to pay us some attention and show she cares? I think there are some others she could have tried by now, directly related with the music: show interest in what her fans want her to do, and ask them directly what we like here and there of each album she has released, new concert, new show etc. She has never done that. So the discussion about if she cares or not is relative... it depends on what side you see it "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
Bell Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM I agree with you, Javito. But, I have to say, this topic is getting a little off topic (again). I'm sure all of us are actually dying for any kind of news about the album. 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
browseceline Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM When I see those videos in which she signs autographs in front of hotels for looong minutes not leaving any fan without a signature of her, I know she cares about us... but is that the best way to pay us some attention and show she cares? I think there are some others she could have tried by now, directly related with the music: show interest in what her fans want her to do, and ask them directly what we like here and there of each album she has released, new concert, new show etc. She has never done that. So the discussion about if she cares or not is relative... it depends on what side you see it I totally agree..maybe just maybe she does not have a clue what we, the diehard fans, really want her to do!You can see it like this - there are people who buy her cd anyway, because it is Celine Dion. So if we, the diehard fans, could give our opinion orcould vote for songs, then she would please us and the majority of the people that just buy her records because it is Celine Dion.I think Celine would love to have more classics in her repertoire, more songs like my heart will go on. She needs more signature songs! I think, if I were Celine, I would be really really bored when I had to to sing the same songs in each and every concert and show. So she kind of is in lead when recording a new album. If the right kind of songs are selected there might be the possibility of new signature songs! <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
browseceline Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:26 AM (edited) I agree with you, Javito. But, I have to say, this topic is getting a little off topic (again). I'm sure all of us are actually dying for any kind of news about the album. I think we better call this in the inofficial New English Album disussion topic, and that a new topic will be created to put all OFFICIAL information in there. So collect the tiny pieces of official information from this topic, and put them in there. Then we can discuss whatever we want to in here, like we already do, and the other topic is only for posting NEWS, OFFICIAL NEWS and no discussion in that topic. It is just a place that will be moderated by someone, so the topic is clean and easy to view? If only one person in here posts that information and the topic is read only > What about that? That way no confusing things will be posted etc. And in the meanwhile we can discusss as much as we want to in here! Edited February 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM by browseceline <iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hl2XkxnYljg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Bell Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM I like the idea of unofficial topic. 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Javito Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM I agree with you, Javito. But, I have to say, this topic is getting a little off topic (again). I'm sure all of us are actually dying for any kind of news about the album. Yes, but what can we do if there are NO news about the album? The news is that there aren't news about this album! "Hush, now... I see a light in the sky"
celinedionfan1 Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM Absolutely harsh. But TRUE! It's time to become adults and stop wallowing in this "pop star I've never met thinks I'm the greatest thing EVER" bull. I like to buy Celine's albums because I like to hear her sing. I don't live in this deluded mindset that she knows who I am and creates her albums just for me. Because she sits around her huge mansion on her island and thinks about what *I* want to hear her record. Come 'on. I come to this thread like everyone else...looking for news about the new freaking album. Not to hear some 19 year old delude himself. Well you obviously misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not stupid, I know she doesn't know that I excist. But I am a part of her fanbase, and she loves her fans and that means she loves me too. It doesn't make it wrong just because you don't feel that way. I think we Celine fans has gotten way too spoiled over the years. We're too used to having a lot of things happening, and when it's a bit quiet some people start saying 'Oh she doesnt care about us, blah blah blah'. Come on, she's almost 44 years old, she's been recording albums since she was 12. She has done more than a lot of singers have done in their whole careers. I perfectly understand that she want's to spend as much time with her children and husband as possible. The kids will grow up and Rene is 70, he's not gonna be around forever. Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
Bell Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM The news is that there aren't news about this album!Yes, and that's very, very bad... 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
Bell Posted February 5, 2012 at 04:47 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 04:47 PM You know guys, I'm actually starting to have a good feeling about this upcoming album. I believe it might surprise us. 16 YEARS A FORUM MEMBER
celinedionfan1 Posted February 5, 2012 at 05:12 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 05:12 PM You know guys, I'm actually starting to have a good feeling about this upcoming album. I believe it might surprise us. That's good! I'm actually very excited myself ^^ Celine live | December 30th & 31st, 2011 | January 3rd & 4th, 2012 | January 12th, 13th, 15th, 16th & 18th, 2013 | November 29th & 30th, 2013 | December 1st, 2013 | August 27th, 30th & 31st, 2015 | June 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th & 28th, 2016 | January 24th, 25th, 27th & 28th, 2017 | June 17th, July 8th, 23rd & 24th, 2017 |
celinemaniacaik Posted February 5, 2012 at 05:43 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 05:43 PM THE ALBUM WIL SUPRISE US!!! hopefully. http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwk66t4rhm1r2j3uro1_500.jpg Follow Me On TUMBLR: Celinedion4ever
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 5, 2012 at 06:04 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 06:04 PM A new studio recording of Celine is always welcome! It's gonna be her first album since I became a fan so I'm very very excited about this, I've been waiting for a while! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
bilinkew Posted February 5, 2012 at 06:25 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 06:25 PM To the tune of Celine's (cover) hit song: All By Myself. When I was youngThe forum was a happy placeEveryone would smile and sing...Those days are gone. Now we can seeThat Celine has lost the driveShe only sings and mimes for cashThe album's dead. Where did she go??I want to know!She must say no... etc etc Here, here Stevo - completely agree, let's have a bit more positivity guys How did the big move go? Hope all is well and lots of luck P
fanchette Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:15 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:15 PM Hey guys, Celine has dedicated her whole life to fans. Now she wants some time with her family. Can we blame her? Like other people have said, she has nothing to prove anymore - she is the best singer and performer. Now she just wants to have fun with the music. Yes, I would be a little disappointed if the album was full of covers, however, we should just be happy that Celine is still willing to record. She could just throw in the towel and say that she wants to be with her children. I am still excited about the English and French albums! I think they will be better than we anticipate!
Celine Fan 77 Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:37 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:37 PM Hey guys, Celine has dedicated her whole life to fans. Now she wants some time with her family. Can we blame her? Like other people have said, she has nothing to prove anymore - she is the best singer and performer. Now she just wants to have fun with the music. Yes, I would be a little disappointed if the album was full of covers, however, we should just be happy that Celine is still willing to record. She could just throw in the towel and say that she wants to be with her children. I am still excited about the English and French albums! I think they will be better than we anticipate! +1; let's try to put and end once and for all to all the negativity surrounding this thread! Tournée Européenne in Paris (December 1, 2013) Céline Dion Live 2016 in Antwerp (June 20, 2016) Céline Dion Live 2017 in Birmingham (July 27, 2017) Céline Dion à Paris (September 12, 2026)
anewdayhascome Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:37 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:37 PM but it's not true as far as this album is concerned. She isn't willing to record it, she has to do it because of the contract with sony A New Day... 10th & 11th November 2006 Taking Chances World Tour, Antwerp 13th & 14th May 2008, Kraków 28th June 2008 Celine 25th & 27th & 31st August 2013 20th, 23rd, 24th, 27th & 28th September 2016 Sans attendre Tour, Paris 1st & 5th December 2013 Encore un soir, Paris 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th June & 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th July 2016 Live 2017 Stockholm 17th June 2017 Lille 1st & 2nd July 2017 Paris 8th & 9th July 2017 Berlin 23rd & 24th July 2017 Live 2018 Taipei 11th & 13th July 2018 Manila 19th July 2018 Bangkok 23rd July 2018 BST Hyde Park London 5 July 2019
fanchette Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:59 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 08:59 PM Yes!!! +1; let's try to put and end once and for all to all the negativity surrounding this thread!
stevo Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM Posted February 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM One more week at home then off I go!! Is that alright, Perth??
bertrand Posted February 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM Posted February 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM but it's not true as far as this album is concerned. She isn't willing to record it, she has to do it because of the contract with sony HOW do you know that for a fact??????Please people
Celinenvegas Posted February 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM Posted February 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM You know guys, I'm actually starting to have a good feeling about this upcoming album. I believe it might surprise us. FINALLY a positive comment!! YAY I'm looking forward to the new album no matter what is on there, it may be one of my ab fab favs and maybe not but it will be a new cd so I'm excited!! ~J O E Y~
smw Posted February 6, 2012 at 03:44 AM Posted February 6, 2012 at 03:44 AM The fact that her voice is in such fantastic shape right now is reason enough to be thrilled for this new album!
CelineAndRene Posted February 6, 2012 at 06:05 AM Posted February 6, 2012 at 06:05 AM Hey guys, Celine has dedicated her whole life to fans. Now she wants some time with her family. Can we blame her? Like other people have said, she has nothing to prove anymore - she is the best singer and performer. Now she just wants to have fun with the music. Yes, I would be a little disappointed if the album was full of covers, however, we should just be happy that Celine is still willing to record. She could just throw in the towel and say that she wants to be with her children. I am still excited about the English and French albums! I think they will be better than we anticipate! :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: Hurts to read, but it's simply the truth. I will probably cry for days when the day she retires for good comes, but I will always wish her well no matter what. Simply for being my favourite diva, and my favourite voice to listen to. "...It's the circle of life. You gotta look forward. Two days during the year there's nothing you can do about: yesterday and tomorrow. Today is a great day." - Celine Dion, People.
Gwynne Posted February 6, 2012 at 06:42 AM Posted February 6, 2012 at 06:42 AM OMG Are you kidding me? Celine doesn't know you even exist. Who ARE you? To her. No one. You buy her albums? You buy her perfume maybe? You might see her in concert every few years???!!!!! How old are you? Get a clue. Celine Dion does not know who you are. I'm sorry but you people have to realize this. She is simply a woman who sings music. And she only does that to support herself and her family. She doesn't do it to please you. She's never done it to please you individually. Move on with your life. If you like to hear her sing, buy her CD's. Listen to them. Enjoy them. But don't put her on a mountain and pray to her. She has a job. It involves singing. That's ALL THERE IS TO IT!!!!!OMG, do you think that you're helping by saying stuff like that? Some people get more passionate than others, but if they're not hurting themselves or anybody else then who are you to tell them how to behave? Don't you think that's kind of arrogant and rude? http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6292/celine.png
Recommended Posts